Bush is a hero

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater, FL

#169251 Sep 28, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
With 60% of the Texas population being in what are considered minority groups... I don't see how you can say Texans are 'notorious fanatic xenophobes'.
Perhaps where you like to hang out, and have drawn your sampling from, is a little small, and biased. It actually seems that you've based your opinion of 26 million Texans on the behavior of one person.
Texas is awesome. I'll what happened in Towson, Md, wouldn't happen in Texas.

‘Is This America?’: Parent ‘Manhandled’, Arrested While Speaking Out Against Common Core at Public Forum

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/09/20/is...

Clearwater, FL

#169252 Sep 28, 2013
Hacked Data Brokers Could Spell Trouble for Obamacare

A service that sells personal data to identity thieves has been getting its wares from hacked data brokers storing information similar to what Obamacare marketplaces plan to use, setting the scene for fraudsters to collect government subsidies.

According to a new investigative report by cybersecurity researcher Brian Krebs, the service, known as SSNDOB, hacked LexisNexis and other large data aggregators that supply ID check information.

Lenders, health insurers, and other organizations that need to confirm who they are dealing with use this information for knowledge-based authentication -- screening that quizzes a user about information only the valid user is likely to know, such as a former home address or parent’s middle name.Lenders, health insurers, and other organizations that need to confirm who they are dealing with use this information for knowledge-based authentication -- screening that quizzes a user about information only the valid user is likely to know, such as a former home address or parent’s middle name.

http://www.nextgov.com/health/2013/09/hacked-...

Clearwater, FL

#169253 Sep 28, 2013
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.

Ronald Reagan
UidiotRACEMAKEWO RLDPEASE

United States

#169254 Sep 28, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
Ronald Reagan
Ronald also messed with our civil liberties and war on the Americans and world with wars! U our right winger support are ignorant ones. And no not a leftie! ABHAHAHAAHaa AH HUH! Don't you senior idiots few ignorant. HEHEHEHEHEHE! Shame on You older generation before 60s!

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#169255 Sep 28, 2013
Lost In Transition wrote:
<quoted text>
"Dan, you pompous ass!"
I see health care, in general, and the uninsured as two seperate problems. One is structural, the other societal. They'll have their tangents, but should be addressed initially on two distinct planes for the most part. This was not done with the ACA. Honestly, I can't figure out exactly what the "architects" were thinking that threw this mess together. It doesn't contain costs, it doesn't guarantee medical attention for the poor, and it doesn't prevent the very real threat of illness induced bankruptcy and/or poverty. What it does do is grow the insurance industry, the managed care industry, the pharmaceutical industry, and last but not least the government. Yikes! A failure on every level. The present medical structure needs to be dismantled completeley. And de-centralized. There should be no monetary incentive, particularly from the government, for becoming a behemoth where medical treatment is involved. It's immoral. Just the opposite should be our goal. Provide incentives for the one-room family doctor, the local clinic, the independant practice. Not in monetary payments, but in tax breaks. These people are public servants, cut them a little slack. Or a lot, they deserve it. If the government feels they MUST get involved, they can use their weight to twist big-pharma's arm. Break it if they want, those guys bug me. Get the lawyers off the doctor's back. Send disputes to arbitration, no blood suckers allowed. If there was some way to devise a one-payer system that the government had minimal involvement in, and I'm talking teeny-weenie here, I'd consider it. But I think this would be much better handled on the state and local level. The government just isn't qualified for this type thing. That's apparent.

Every dollar the government inserts distorts normal market forces, and not to the benefit of the individual. I think the massive monetary infusions over the last 10 years that have led to nothing more than the largest gap between rich and poor in history, and the ongoing decimation of the middle class, speak to the effects.
If the government gives Joe a dollar to offset his costs, the insurance company immediately raises Joe's costs by 50 cents because Joe can now afford it, the HMO by another quarter for the same reason, and Joe's company, not about to get run off of that pig trough or lose a dime, lays 35 cents of Joe's insurance costs back on him. In the end, that government dollar just cost Joe $1.10. But Joe ain't done paying for that dollar. No, not yet. He still has to deal, in the long run, with a government deficit that just increased by a dollar due to all that government "help". Heck, we'll just adjust the CPI on Joe's Social Security to get that dollar back, old geezer doesn't need it anyway. Or we'll charge some kid a "penalty", which he can't afford, to cover it. There's no way, in that system, Joe wins. Or even breaks neutral. And, being the cynic I am, that's fine with all involved. Except Joe. And that broke kid.

Sorry about cutting your post, I really outdid myself. I know I barely scratched the surface and didn't address the unemployed at all, but my hunt and peck finger hurts.
Excellent post, Larry :) Your hunt & peck finger may have paid the price, but it was worth the pain ;)

Location hidden

#169256 Sep 28, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
Someone needs to get the POTUS a white plastic pocket protector and a little nametag.
BARRY OBAMA
Health Insurance Agent
Branch: Washington DC
If the leader of the free world is going moonlight as insurance salesman he really should have the complete ensemble.
==
Seriously, this is embarrassing and I don't care who you are. That THING is going into effect in 4 days and the guy is still peddling it.
And I don't have a clue how it's going to affect my husband and myself. He is now getting care through the VA, and thoroughly appreciating it (in fact, today's mail brought him a badly-needed, brand-new pair of bifocals which he already loves!), and that's a help. But neither of us is working, so I have no idea what the next few months will bring, especially for ME.

Listen, Lyndi, do give Barry that plastic pocket protector, okay? Just make sure it has a hole in the bottom.
crazy bush

Buffalo, TX

#169257 Sep 28, 2013
mechanic wrote:
<quoted text>
I support our president also. It has to be awfully lonely sitting in the Oval office serving his elected duties during this time in american history. His time in office has not been appreciated by many and that has to make it even tougher. Many things he had no control over happened during his term in office.
History will be kind to him I am sure.
are you crazy.

Location hidden

#169258 Sep 28, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
GOP amendment to CR would cancel Congress's ObamaCare 'fix'
09/26/13 02:25 PM ET
Rep. Dennis Ross (R-Fla.) is ready to challenge Democrats on Congress's ObamaCare "fix" on a government-funding bill.
An amendment from Ross would bar lawmakers and staff from retaining their longtime employer healthcare subsidy once they shift into ObamaCare's new marketplaces...

...The law requires members and their staffs to obtain coverage on the new insurance marketplaces, instead of the Federal Employee Health Benefits Program (FEHBP) like other government workers.
Like many private sector employers, the FEHBP subsidizes premiums for its enrollees, including employees on Capitol Hill. But the average contribution of 70 percent is seen as particularly generous.

Congressional leaders feared a mass exodus of staffers angry about healthcare costs if the subsidies were lost, and they asked the White House to allow Capitol Hill to retain subsidized premiums on the marketplaces. The Office of Personnel Management released guidance in August doing just this. It was immediately denounced by ObamaCare's critics as an "exception" for lawmakers and their staff...

http://thehill.com/blogs/healthwatch/health-r...
I've posted this elsewhere, Lyndi. It's my own work, but feel free to use it as you see fit.

-----

For cryin’ out loud, Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid and Obama himself KNOW this is a terrible bill. If they didn’t, they would not have made sure that government employees and their own Congressional staffers would not be exempt from Obamacare. That alone, gentlemen, should tell you all need to know.

But in case it doesn’t, you remember that business about “companies with fewer than 50 full-time employees will be exempt from Obamacare”? Have a look at this list. I’m fairly sure you’ll pick out the names of a few companies which have more than 50 full-time employees.

List of Companies
Which Have Received Exemptions From Obamacare
(Shortened)

[This list is only a SAMPLING of companies which have received exemptions. The full list is much, much longer].

List of Companies
Which Have Received Exemptions From Obamacare
(Shortened)

[This list is only a SAMPLING of companies which have received exemptions. The full list is much, much longer].

“They’re small. I couldn’t speak to all 1,800 of them, but some of the lists that I have seen have been very, very small companies. They will not have a big impact on the economy of our country,” Nancy Pelosi said in an interview with CNBC.

Did you notice that Pelosi took care to say “SOME of the lists I HAVE SEEN…small companies”? And she SHOULD have said the waivers went to “mostly unionized companies” instead of “mostly small companies.”

“Companies with fewer than 50 full-time employees will be exempt from Obamacare.”

Oh, really?

Here is a PARTIAL list of companies which have received waivers from Obamacare. They are in no particular order.

AARP
Darden Restaurants (Olive Garden, Red Lobster)
McDonald’s
The United Federation of Teachers Welfare Fund (351,000 people)
Alpha Omega Home Health, LLC
Andersen Corporation
Bricklayers Insurance & Welfare Fund
Bridge, Structural, Ornamental & Reinforcing Ironworkers
Local Union No. 60
Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Albany
Fabri-Quilt
Heritage Christian Services
Indiana Area UFCW Union Locals and Retail Food Employers'
Health and Welfare Plan
Ingham County
Laborers' District Council of Virginia Health
and Welfare Trust Fund
MO-Kan Teamsters and Welfare Fund
North State Bank
North States Industries Inc
Pathways Inc.
Euromarket Designs, Inc.(Crate and Barrel)

Location hidden

#169259 Sep 28, 2013
(List Concluded)

Cracker Barrel
DISH Network
Regis Corporation
The Pictsweet Co.
Local 802 Musicians Health Fund
CIGNA
United Federation of Teachers Welfare Fund
Aegis
Aetna
Baptist Retirement
BCS Insurance
Cryogenic
Jack in the Box
Maritime Association
QK/DRD (Denny's)

Teamsters Union Local # 35
The Public Authority of San Luis Obispo County
Tuff Shed, Inc.
Benton County
ABCO Diecasters
Alfred P. Sloan
Carpenters Local No. 491 Health & Welfare Plan
City Of Roseville MN
Cloquet Area Fire Department
Goodwill Industries of Central Indiana

Sierra Video Systems
Techno Source USA
The Henry Luce Foundation
The Maritime Aquarium of Norwalk, Inc.
The Pew Charitable Trusts
City of Brooklyn Park
Green Leaf Distributors, Inc.
IBEW Local Union No. 728 Family Healthcare Plan
Joseph Gallo Farms
Truck Drivers and Helpers Local 355 Health
and Welfare Fund
Health and Welfare Fund of the
Detectives' Endowment Association, Inc.,
Police Department City of New York
Bestway Rental, Inc
Big Lots, Inc.
Byrd Harvest, Inc.

Dole Food Company
Ricker Oil Company
Highmark West Virginia Inc. d/b/a Mountain State Blue Cross Blue Shield
The ARC of Delaware County
UFCW Local 1262 and Employers Health & Welfare Fund
Vincent B Zaninovich & Sons, Inc.
Wildwood Program
Sunwest Fruit Company, Inc
Rice Food Markets, Inc.
ATCO Rubber Products, Inc
Bricklayers Local 1 of MD, VA and DC
Delmarva United Food and Commercial Workers
Alliance One Tobacco
Asbestos Workers Local 53 Welfare Fund

Universal Orlando
Captain Elliot's Party Boats
Carlson Restaurants
O'Reilly Auto Parts
Ruby Tuesday
The Dixie Group, Inc.
Waffle House
Weckworth Manufacturing
Western Express, Inc.
Foot Locker, Inc.
Fresh Express
Greencroft Communities
Payroll Solutions
Seco Packing
UFCW Local 227
Plumbers & Pipefitters Local 123 Welfare Fund
United Wire, Metal & Machine Health & Welfare Fund

------

How much would you like to bet that most of these organizations made sizeable contributions to the Democratic Party and/or Obama's re-election campaign?

Location hidden

#169260 Sep 28, 2013
crazy bush wrote:
<quoted text>are you crazy.
Are YOU blind?

You're replying to a comment that was posted SEVEN YEARS AGO.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#169261 Sep 28, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
And I don't have a clue how it's going to affect my husband and myself. He is now getting care through the VA, and thoroughly appreciating it (in fact, today's mail brought him a badly-needed, brand-new pair of bifocals which he already loves!), and that's a help. But neither of us is working, so I have no idea what the next few months will bring, especially for ME.
Listen, Lyndi, do give Barry that plastic pocket protector, okay? Just make sure it has a hole in the bottom.
He will continue to get care from the VA - a veteran registered with them complies with the law.

Location hidden

#169262 Sep 28, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>He will continue to get care from the VA - a veteran registered with them complies with the law.
Willie, for the record, it wasn't me who tagged your post. But maybe I should have. I know my husband will receive care, prescriptions, etc., and believe me, I AM glad about that. But I am still concerned over how Obamacare is going to affect ME.

And although I realize that practically and legally speaking I may have no other options right now, I would gladly go without care altogether if I thought that would prevent Obamacare from being implemented. Seriously, Willie, THAT'S how much I don't want Obamacare foisted on America.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#169263 Sep 28, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>He will continue to get care from the VA - a veteran registered with them complies with the law.
Correct. Exactly what they told me.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#169264 Sep 28, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
Willie, for the record, it wasn't me who tagged your post. But maybe I should have. I know my husband will receive care, prescriptions, etc., and believe me, I AM glad about that. But I am still concerned over how Obamacare is going to affect ME.
You been hittin' the bottle again? About 1 hr ago, you posted about affecting "your husband and you". Now you say you're still concerned about you.

If you found out about yer hubby in the interim, ya should've
realized that reading minds on the weekend is not covered by the magicians union.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#169265 Sep 28, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
And although I realize that practically and legally speaking I may have no other options right now, I would gladly go without care altogether if I thought that would prevent Obamacare from being implemented. Seriously, Willie, THAT'S how much I don't want Obamacare foisted on America.
You knowing that your husband will continue to receive care from the VA wasn't clear from "And I don't have a clue how it's going to affect my husband and myself."

Silly me ... I only posted it to be helpful, so I admit to being puzzled what possible reason you could find to object to it.

As far as the judgicon fairy, I feel sorry for the poor little thing. It's been obvious for years that whoever it is is reacting to the poster, not the post.
Roberta G

United States

#169266 Sep 28, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>You knowing that your husband will continue to receive care from the VA wasn't clear from "And I don't have a clue how it's going to affect my husband and myself."
Silly me ... I only posted it to be helpful, so I admit to being puzzled what possible reason you could find to object to it.

As far as the judgicon fairy, I feel sorry for the poor little thing. It's been obvious for years that whoever

it is is reacting to the poster, not the post.
Both of you are right. My apologies.

Sweet dreams :)
HipGnozizzz

Dahinda, IL

#169267 Sep 28, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
I've posted this elsewhere, Lyndi. It's my own work, but feel free to use it as you see fit.
-----
For cryin’ out loud, Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid and Obama himself KNOW this is a terrible bill. If they didn’t, they would not have made sure that government employees and their own Congressional staffers would not be exempt from Obamacare. That alone, gentlemen, should tell you all need to know.
Please clarify "...they would not have made sure that government employees and their own Congressional staffers would not be exempt...."?

I'm sorry - What does it tell us if these three made sure their staffers were not exempt? Isn't that the right thing to do?
HipGnozizzz

Dahinda, IL

#169268 Sep 28, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
If you'd refuse the benefits, then it doesn't affect you at all, does it?

Clearwater, FL

#169269 Sep 29, 2013
HipGnozizzz wrote:
<quoted text>If you'd refuse the benefits, then it doesn't affect you at all, does it?
Can you really be this blind? I guess so. Newsflash, this crap is going to affect everyone. It will take years, little to anything will happen on October 1, 2013. Visit this again on October 1, 2023 and see how it looks, k?

Clearwater, FL

#169270 Sep 29, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct. Exactly what they told me.
Don't know how the v a is out your way but here it really sucks. Most times wife takers her Dad to Baypines but if I can I'll do it. If you have a 1:00 appointment be happy to get in by 4:00. One day last year it was really bad and it was after 6:00 when we finished. Can you believe it? Some skumbag stole his walker. And I will say for the people that work at Baypines V A it must be a mission of mercy for them as well. Its just bad all around.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
sexy sister and my girlfriend family holiday 25 min cool 1
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 28 min Steve III 45,018
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 29 min onemale 281,495
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 45 min Steve III 650,851
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr Rosa_Winkel 56,497
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Catcher1 971,901
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 2 hr patsy the shared ... 42
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 5 hr Toby 106,105
More from around the web