Bush is a hero
UidiotRACEMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#169057 Sep 25, 2013
A perfect democracy can come close to looking like a dictatorship, a democracy in which the people are so satisfied they have no complaint."
— Huey Long, 1933 (Williams p. 762)

United States

#169058 Sep 25, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Clearwater is always unhappy.
And he blames it on me.
Go figure.
(USC women against UCLA women, volleyball, live on TV right now)
Now those women are something!
What a grouch! He needs to lighten Up, i don't get him, why is always so unhappy and blame you?

Too tired to watch, eye hurts from reading , but I watch girls only not the basket ball!:)

United States

#169059 Sep 25, 2013
huey long

On the Democratic and Republican Leadership
The High Popalorum Speech

"The Democratic Party and the Republican Party were just like the old patent medicine drummer that used to come around our country. He had two bottles of medicine. He'd play a banjo and he'd sell two bottles of medicine.

One of those bottles of medicine was called High Popalorum and another one of those bottles of medicine was called Low Popahirum.

Finally somebody around there said is there any difference in these bottles of medicines?'Oh,' he said,'considerable. They're both good but they're different,' he said.

'That High Popalorum is made from the bark off the tree that we take from the top down. And that Low Popahirum is made from the bark that we take from the root up.'

And the only difference that I have found between the Democratic leadership and the Republican leadership was that one of 'em was skinning you from the ankle up and the other from the ear down — when I got to Congress."

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#169060 Sep 25, 2013
HipGnozizzz wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh, you really need to be shown "where Cruz gets his strength" to go straight from a pointless pretend filibuster to a right-wing radio show? Self-promotion is a magic elixir.

<quoted text>Newsflash to Cruz: The US Supreme Court affirms that the ACA is constitutional. It's a common delusion of the self-involved who think "fidelity to the constitution" equals "all that and only that which agrees with my agenda."
As my husband pointed out, the fact that the Supremes have ruled Obamacare a CONSTITUTIONAL law, does not mean it is a GOOD law.

United States

#169061 Sep 25, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>How many times have you seen me rail bitterly (oh lis is gonna love that one) against the executive power boost gained with the signing of the 'Patriot Act' and the NDAA? Bunches, that's how many. I'm not a fan of our current President or his policies with regard to expansion of Executive power - any more than you are. But Congress has gone insane. JMO
this had something to do with it! I would say INHO this below is applicable in Obama ...

Michel Chossudovsky, War and Globalisation,, p5

Under the Bush administration, the military and intelligence apparatus has clearly taken over the reins of foreign policy in close consultation with Wall Street. With key decisions taken behind closed doors at the CIA and the Pentagon, "civilian political institutions" including the U.S. Congress increasingly become a facade. While the illusion of a "functioning democracy" prevails in the eyes of public opinion, the U.S. President has become a mere public relations figurehead, with visibly little understanding of key foreign policy issues.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#169062 Sep 25, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
True. Have to agree with you here. Congress, the President and the judicial have all become exactly what our founders fought and stood against, kings. If they gave a damn about the people they would be more than happy to have the so called "affordable care act" They don't, they won't. Like everything else most in D.C. see us as peasants and unworthy. Kind of like, exactly how Catcher said a while back he wouldn't stoop to our level. No wonder he is oh so proud of the dear leader. Here this?
President Barack Obama said in his address to the United Nations General Assembly Tuesday that as a result of his work,“in cooperation with allies and partners,” the world is “more stable than it was five years ago.”
Talk about blind. Obama can not be this stupid.
"Obama can not be this stupid..."

Wanna bet?
HipGnozizzz

Altona, IL

#169063 Sep 25, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Clearwater is always unhappy.
And he blames it on me.
Go figure.
(USC women against UCLA women, volleyball, live on TV right now)
Now those women are something!
I wonder if you'd think so if they wore sweats instead of those paint-ons......;)

Location hidden

#169064 Sep 25, 2013
HipGnozizzz wrote:
<quoted text>The difference being Ms. Davis' action was a true filibuster, and accomplished it's aim, for the moment. Cruz' grandstand was just Kabuki theater, having no procedural purpose. I think you'd have to go clear back to Huey Long to find an equivalent example of self-aggrandizing hubris.
Surely I'm not the only one that noticed the irony in his choice of material with his compelling Green Eggs And Ham recitation? What's the theme of that story again? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? The close-minded folly of rejecting something in any conceivable form before it's even been tried, maybe?
The story also illustrates perfectly why the ACA opponents have become so desperate with implementation looming. Sam-I-Am, upon finally trying the dish, finds he actually likes it! If our right-wing extremists had been there, the story would have been completely different. Rather than talking Sam-I-Am into trying it, they'd use deception, dishonesty, and deceit to keep him from it.
I was beginning to wonder if I was the only one appreciating that irony...I wonder if Cruz himself, even recognized it, or if it was deliberate, as a private joke on his part...?

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#169065 Sep 25, 2013
HipGnozizzz wrote:
<quoted text>I wonder if you'd think so if they wore sweats instead of those paint-ons......;)
I know what you mean.

I LOVE the outfits.

And on such beautiful bodies.

Location hidden

#169066 Sep 25, 2013
HipGnozizzz wrote:
<quoted text>Probably not. I don't own any of this. The business owner "owns" his reaction. There's nothing new there. Apparently you've been blessed to never work in one of the McDonalds/Wal-Mart-style businesses that deliberately keep hours and benefits below a set threshold so that their workers qualify for gov't safety net programs. It's part of their business model. The Wal-Marts are gaming the system and your only criticism is for the 24-hr/week minimum wage "takers" and the gov't. The McDonalds/Wal-Marts count on the support of a brainwashed middle-class who argue for them and against their own family's best interest.
If you want me to "own" it, than go back to the single-payer plan the President originally proposed. What we have now is the mongrel bill produced after his proposal went thru bipartisan committee. The modifications that produced this bill were in "compromise" with Republicans - the same Republicans who got the changes they wanted behind closed doors, and then as soon as they stepped out in the light immediately denounced it for the cameras. There's your gamesmanship New Republican-style. These are more of those inconvenient facts so easily forgotten by those that flatter themselves "high-information voters".
It is understood that you will also dismiss this as "pure crap" but BE void of any "high information" for rebuttal.
Yeah, the business model that says

"'if we only schedule anyone for less than thirty hours a week at minimum wage, we can count on the government to make sure they are fed, and well enough to work, even if what we pay them barely keeps a roof over their heads'"

seems to be gaining more and more traction - and has been since well before the ACA was proposed. Wal Mart has included literature on, and applications for, various government assistance programs, as part of their new-hire orientation package, since 2006. Lots of businesses are following suit.

United States

#169067 Sep 25, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I know what you mean.
I LOVE the outfits.
And on such beautiful bodies.
After seeing, i don't know about Sweaty smelly, muscle-bounded ... But i prefer more feminine body the MISS USA beauty Pageant?

United States

#169068 Sep 25, 2013
<quoted text>Yeah, the business model that says
"'if we only schedule anyone for less than thirty hours a week at minimum wage, we can count on the government to make sure they are fed, and well enough to work, even if what we pay them barely keeps a roof over their heads'"
seems to be gaining more and more traction - and has been since well before the ACA was proposed. Wal Mart has included literature on, and applications for, various government assistance programs, as part of their new-hire orientation package, since 2006. Lots of businesses are following suit.
And these Companies had left out the Health Benefit package ---- > Obama Care?

You know , i had never notice your Screen moniker until know, you look like a Movie Star?

Location hidden

#169069 Sep 26, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you should look at 'real' facts...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =L1jB7RBGVGkXX
:)
That was pretty funny. Good thing you put those apostrophes around 'real', in your description of those 'facts' Tex.

Location hidden

#169070 Sep 26, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
You used a Texas phrase, I hope you didn't have Ted Cruz in mind. He's doing what he thinks is right, knowing that so doing will probably cost him any party support when it comes to his re-election.
Bull puckey. The only cattle the man needs are the cash cows he's been milking across the country, and he should have no problem getting re-elected in Texas - which has yet to restrict against foreign-born folks holding office. He's going to continue this posturing for years...like any other dedicated career politician.

As I said, if I have any respect for Tea Party "Republicans" (cough) it's the ones who ARE willing to take a stand which could cost them an election. In case you hadn't noticed, re-election isn't SUPPOSED to be the point....which would be 'standing up for one's principles, and voting the way one's constituents elected them to'.

Also, in case you hadn't noticed, Obama was ELECTED on a health-care reform platform, among other things. There are at least as many Americans who want to be able to afford to see a doctor when we need one, as there are who would rather all the poor folks just hurry up and die, already.

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#169071 Sep 26, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
As my husband pointed out, the fact that the Supremes have ruled Obamacare a CONSTITUTIONAL law, does not mean it is a GOOD law.
A 5-4 decision, that had to be rewritten by one of the Justices to fit their opinion, I would say is very questionable law.

BTW, at one time the SCOTUS supported slavery too.

Location hidden

#169072 Sep 26, 2013
<quoted text>That was pretty funny. Good thing you put those apostrophes around 'real', in your description of those 'facts' Tex.
I agreed with your post, it's a complete waste of resources to prosecute marijuana laws.

The 'Reefer Madness' movie was just pulling your leg. That was back when the government was really going bonkers, anti-marijuana campaigns, prohibition, giving women the right to vote...

Location hidden

#169073 Sep 26, 2013
<quoted text>Bull puckey. The only cattle the man needs are the cash cows he's been milking across the country, and he should have no problem getting re-elected in Texas - which has yet to restrict against foreign-born folks holding office. He's going to continue this posturing for years...like any other dedicated career politician.
I don't know of any political position that requires one be a natural born U.S. citizen, other than POTUS and VPOTUS. Our Senators or Representatives don't have that restriction.
As I said, if I have any respect for Tea Party "Republicans" (cough) it's the ones who ARE willing to take a stand which could cost them an election. In case you hadn't noticed, re-election isn't SUPPOSED to be the point....which would be 'standing up for one's principles, and voting the way one's constituents elected them to'.
I would say Senator Cruz's actions may endear him with his constituents, but they will certainly not be gaining him any party support.

Why else would Harry Reid have asked Ted Cruz to yield the floor to John McLame for 15 minutes during his 21 hour speech... he knew 'Flipper McLame' wanted to stab fellow Republican Ted Cruz in the back. Democrats don't normally fight for floor time for Republicans.
Also, in case you hadn't noticed, Obama was ELECTED on a health-care reform platform, among other things. There are at least as many Americans who want to be able to afford to see a doctor when we need one, as there are who would rather all the poor folks just hurry up and die, already.
obama was elected because he acted like Santa Claus... he still does. The folks looking for their handouts plus obama's low information voters, and another conservative light Republican candidate, carried the day for him.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#169074 Sep 26, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
In this very forum a while back when Wendy Davis was called a hero for her stand that basically was the media as well. Now that someone on the right speaks passionately he is called "an embarrassment". The war on Cruz, many from rino's shows me he is right on. I for one am sick and tired of both the right and left in power that have the inside the beltway mentality.
With all due respect Chris, I'm not sure the people who disagree with his method can be called rino's. Unless you're prepared to name Joe Scarborough, or Tom Colburn or Krauthammer etc. as rino's, that's a reach. And no offense intended to Cruz but he hasn't flown long enough to be lecturing decades old practicing republicans on what it means to be a republican. It's out of line for a few reasons but primarily because the party has moderated itself whether he likes it or not and he can't magically sprinkle pixie dust over the land and command it to change back. Not gonna happen.
Right now, the Tea Party seems to be bugging everyone except themselves and I don't believe for a minute there are enough of you at the end of the day to win a national election anytime in the forseeable future.

Look, the republican party's ratings are slowly but surely rising and Obama and Co are currently tanking. And I mean REALLY tanking. This isn't the right time to attempt another internal coup. I know your position and I know how far, far, far right you are and although I respect that, I selfishly worry that you're willing to lose the whole shebang again because you refuse to budge but remember this. You absolutely NEED the moderate republican voter and the independant voter to take a sharp u-turn and go back to the christian/conservative hard core right and I am telling you flat out, that is never, ever going to happen. That ship has sailed.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#169075 Sep 26, 2013
HipGnozizzz wrote:
<quoted text>Once you are assigned space up in there, it is forever occupied.
It's not an assignation. Catcher goes there willingly.
Here's the game.
He inserts himself onto others like a slowly dissolving suppository and then asks people why they're making it about him.

He needs it to be ALL about him and that's how he does it. Gee, I thought everyone knew that by now.

Trucker

Miami, FL

#169076 Sep 26, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
With all due respect Chris, I'm not sure the people who disagree with his method can be called rino's. Unless you're prepared to name Joe Scarborough, or Tom Colburn or Krauthammer etc. as rino's, that's a reach. And no offense intended to Cruz but he hasn't flown long enough to be lecturing decades old practicing republicans on what it means to be a republican. It's out of line for a few reasons but primarily because the party has moderated itself whether he likes it or not and he can't magically sprinkle pixie dust over the land and command it to change back. Not gonna happen.
Right now, the Tea Party seems to be bugging everyone except themselves and I don't believe for a minute there are enough of you at the end of the day to win a national election anytime in the forseeable future.
Look, the republican party's ratings are slowly but surely rising and Obama and Co are currently tanking. And I mean REALLY tanking. This isn't the right time to attempt another internal coup. I know your position and I know how far, far, far right you are and although I respect that, I selfishly worry that you're willing to lose the whole shebang again because you refuse to budge but remember this. You absolutely NEED the moderate republican voter and the independant voter to take a sharp u-turn and go back to the christian/conservative hard core right and I am telling you flat out, that is never, ever going to happen. That ship has sailed.
All I can say is on this issue, socialized medicine it's all or nothing imo. Ted may not be the best person to make the stand but he is willing, he is the one that's here today. I get it, lived in Washington and know how the game is played. Some things you don't give up on no matter what. I do think many believe this will be a slow death to America if this law stands.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min River Tam 968,642
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 9 min Darwins Stepchild 27,531
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 14 min Anthony MN 636,819
the Art of B N Handsome, Cool, Rich, & Humble 14 min Doctor REALITY 1
H.R.3355 - Violent Crime Control and Law Enforc... 22 min Hiddn Numbrz 4
Did God unfairly single out Judas Iscariot to b... 30 min Doctor REALITY 10
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Gods Child 44,017
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 1 hr Johnny 4,696
More from around the web