Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#168992 Sep 25, 2013
HipGnozizzz wrote:
Can't decide which was more impressive about Cruz's faux-filibuster - his moving rendition of Green Eggs and Ham, or the way he managed to shoe-horn a Nazi reference in.
It IS a fake filbuster but I was still kind of hoping he'd read the whole Affordable Care Act outloud so Pelosi can find out what's in it. But on second thought, what would be the point of that? She doesn't need to know what's in it because she and the rest of congress have been granted a presidential pardon and don't have to use it.
It's pretty obnoxious that the American people have to put up with this psycho healthcare plan but Congress doesn't. But it does makes one wonder. If it's so darn good, why in the world would they opt out?

(((BOING)))
I've got it! It isn't any good and they know it!

==
Back to the filibuster. Can people wear a Depends adult diaper when they do this or is that against the rules?
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#168993 Sep 25, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
You used a Texas phrase, I hope you didn't have Ted Cruz in mind. He's doing what he thinks is right, knowing that so doing will probably cost him any party support when it comes to his re-election.
He's copycatting Rand Paul's moment on center stage with the drone strikes filibuster which gave him temporary top billing among republicans and a whole bunch of disco lights.

This probably isn't going to stop Obamacare and it's probably not going to shut down the government but just in case, if it does shut down government, you might want to duck.
I think it's just another highwire walk. Tea party members might have glory, glory hallelugah playing in their heads every time they see the guy for awhile but I'm pretty sure when the show's over and it's discovered that the hand wringing anticipation was all for naught, it'll just end with a soft thud. I do hope he isn't carried out of there on a stretcher with an IV stuck in his arm because everyone is a little tired of martyrs and it makes it just too easy for our late night comdedians.

How long has he been a senator? 9 months?
I think he just beat Obama's record for thinking he knows everything and is ready for the big leagues.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#168994 Sep 25, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
He's copycatting Rand Paul's moment on center stage with the drone strikes filibuster which gave him temporary top billing among republicans and a whole bunch of disco lights.
This probably isn't going to stop Obamacare and it's probably not going to shut down the government but just in case, if it does shut down government, you might want to duck.
I think it's just another highwire walk. Tea party members might have glory, glory hallelugah playing in their heads every time they see the guy for awhile but I'm pretty sure when the show's over and it's discovered that the hand wringing anticipation was all for naught, it'll just end with a soft thud. I do hope he isn't carried out of there on a stretcher with an IV stuck in his arm because everyone is a little tired of martyrs and it makes it just too easy for our late night comdedians.
I think he just beat Obama's record for thinking he knows everything and is ready for the big leagues.
Just who are the big leagues Lyndi, McCain, Pelosi, Reid, and all the others that have been at this so long that they are just embalmed? They walk and they talk but they don't think and they sure don't care what happens to the american people. If Obama with his total lack of experience was in the least bit consistent he might be a success today. But he's not only inexperienced he's selfish and somewhat crooked.
I don't know for sure what I think of Cruz yet , but he is using a legal, last ditch effort to get rid of that abominable healthcare law.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#168995 Sep 25, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Like this?
When the Founders wrote the Constitution, they intended to signify the importance and power of each branch of government in the order that the powers are granted. The Founders saw the legislative branch as the most powerful of the three with the executive being weaker and the judicial branch being the weakest. It was the intention of the Founders for the judicial branch to serve as a final backstop against oversteps of government power.
Not thinking many in government at this time seem to be such a fan. Like the dear leader that makes end runs around other parts of our government because he just knows whats best. Example epa madness.
How many times have you seen me rail bitterly (oh lis is gonna love that one) against the executive power boost gained with the signing of the 'Patriot Act' and the NDAA? Bunches, that's how many. I'm not a fan of our current President or his policies with regard to expansion of Executive power - any more than you are. But Congress has gone insane. JMO

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#168996 Sep 25, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Cruz beat obama's knowledge on his first day in office, and obama's been in office for almost five years.

We're running out of options to kill obamacare. It's such a disaster we should be trying every angle.

At least Senator Cruz hasn't surrendered to Harry Reid, without a fight, unlike McLame and some other senior Republicans.

BTW, what's their plan for killing obamacare?

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#168997 Sep 25, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Cruz beat obama's knowledge on his first day in office, and obama's been in office for almost five years.
We're running out of options to kill obamacare. It's such a disaster we should be trying every angle.
At least Senator Cruz hasn't surrendered to Harry Reid, without a fight, unlike McLame and some other senior Republicans.
Enjoy:

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/borowit... (172)
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#168998 Sep 25, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
"Republican Senator Tom Coburn, isn’t much of a fan of the plan being pushed by some of his fellow Republicans to shutdown the government unless the President’s health care plan is defunded:

In a phone interview from his home state of Oklahoma, Coburn slammed a dozen fellow Republican senators who have signed a pledge not to vote for any continuing resolution or appropriations bill that funds Obamacare, which is set to go fully into effect on January 1, 2014.“I’d love to defund it,” said Coburn, a physician who has opposed the president’s national health care scheme from the beginning.“I’d be leading the charge if I thought this would work. But it will not work.”

Coburn’s case against the proposal is simple: Republicans, having failed to win control of the White House and Senate in 2012, do not have the votes to cut off Obamacare funding. Given that, he sees the defunding proposal as not just wrongheaded but also an effort to mislead conservatives across the country who long to see Republicans stop Obamacare.“The worst thing is being dishonest with your base about what you can accomplish, ginning everybody up and then creating disappointment,” Coburn said.“It’s a terribly dangerous and not successful strategy.”

“You’re going to set an expectation among the conservatives in our party that we can achieve something that we’re not able to achieve,” Coburn continued.“It’s not an achievable strategy. It’s creating the false impression that you can do something when you can’t. And it’s dishonest.”

Even though Republicans don’t have the votes to defund Obamacare, they do have the power, if they choose, to bring the government to a halt. Coburn sees that as a disastrous possible result of the plan.“You’re not going to stop the funding, but what you will do is shut down the government,” he said.“Among that group of senators that has been considering this, I was the only one who was here for that,” a reference to the government shutdowns of 1995 and 1996, when Coburn was a member of the House.“The president is never going to sign a bill defunding Obamacare. Do you think he’s going to cave?”

“The strategy that has been laid out is a good way for Republicans to lose the House.”

=====
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#168999 Sep 25, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Just who are the big leagues Lyndi, McCain, Pelosi, Reid, and all the others that have been at this so long that they are just embalmed? They walk and they talk but they don't think and they sure don't care what happens to the american people. If Obama with his total lack of experience was in the least bit consistent he might be a success today. But he's not only inexperienced he's selfish and somewhat crooked.
I don't know for sure what I think of Cruz yet , but he is using a legal, last ditch effort to get rid of that abominable healthcare law.
I think it would have been better to chip away at the law bit by bit by disassembling it. Get rid of the individual mandate part or the part where subsidies are provided based on an "honor system" which is a joke or the employer mandate, and pretty much everyone is jumpy over it's enforcement by the IRS. Take the flipping thing apart little by little until it collapses. >That< I think has/had a better chance of getting some traction than this "last ditch" effort by Ted Cruz.
I'm not ever opposed to fighting for a lost cause except when I don't have a plausible workable plan that has a prayer of succeeding.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#169000 Sep 25, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>

At least Senator Cruz hasn't surrendered to Harry Reid, without a fight
No, you're right. He didn't surrender. He spoke for 20+ hours and figuratively impaled himself in the senate and collapsed in a heap onto the floor. Harry Reid has now figuratively stepped effortlessly over the crumpled body of Sen. Cruz, taken back the podium and we can listen some more to that creepy raspy rodent-like whisper of his, while he calls republicans anarchists like he did yesterday.

How exactly has this made things better?

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#169001 Sep 25, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it would have been better to chip away at the law bit by bit by disassembling it. Get rid of the individual mandate part or the part where subsidies are provided based on an "honor system" which is a joke or the employer mandate, and pretty much everyone is jumpy over it's enforcement by the IRS. Take the flipping thing apart little by little until it collapses. >That< I think has/had a better chance of getting some traction than this "last ditch" effort by Ted Cruz.
I'm not ever opposed to fighting for a lost cause except when I don't have a plausible workable plan that has a prayer of succeeding.
They have chipped away at it. Over the last few months at least they have revealed that Obama lied about people keeping their doctors and insurance, that he has made deals with all the people he criticizes, that he has said congress does not need to be subject to this great law. The filibuster is a protest pure and simple of all the lies and manipulations. When did we quit using protest to try to bring about change? If Cruz leads the way in protest and the circuits were lit up all through it by people trying to tell their senators, "get rid of it" than the effort was worth it for its historic relevance at least. If the law goes through and it is a disaster, people will remember who fought for them. You're saying that all the protests that were ever made that seemed futile, were for nothing.
UidiotRACEMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#169002 Sep 25, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
A corrupted Bi-partisanShop-of-horror Collorabative agendas , NICE! MWBHAHAHAHAHaa

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#169003 Sep 25, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>They have chipped away at it. Over the last few months at least they have revealed that Obama lied about people keeping their doctors and insurance, that he has made deals with all the people he criticizes, that he has said congress does not need to be subject to this great law. The filibuster is a protest pure and simple of all the lies and manipulations. When did we quit using protest to try to bring about change? If Cruz leads the way in protest and the circuits were lit up all through it by people trying to tell their senators, "get rid of it" than the effort was worth it for its historic relevance at least. If the law goes through and it is a disaster, people will remember who fought for them. You're saying that all the protests that were ever made that seemed futile, were for nothing.
The law already went through....it passed nearly 4 years ago.

You're saying that all the protests against things which weren't abolished, were for nothing.
Lost In Transition

United States

#169004 Sep 25, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you're right. He didn't surrender. He spoke for 20+ hours and figuratively impaled himself in the senate and collapsed in a heap onto the floor. Harry Reid has now figuratively stepped effortlessly over the crumpled body of Sen. Cruz, taken back the podium and we can listen some more to that creepy raspy rodent-like whisper of his, while he calls republicans anarchists like he did yesterday.
How exactly has this made things better?
It has kept bad policy front and center. It has pushed that policy onto news source's front pages and prime time broadcasts that would normally have never covered it. They'll poke fun of Paul or Cruz, have themselves a regular giggle fest, but they won't be able to seperate them from the policy in question. Cruz and the others can't stop obamacare, and I'm sure they know it. But they can keep it in peoples line of sight. And get a lot of free advertising from some pretty unusual sources in the process. I just hope they don't delay the personal mandate. Let the Walgreens, the Fed Ex's, the Ciscos, Dardens, Home Depots and countless others continue to dump employees into the exchanges. Let this thing play out on a personal basis. As John Roberts said in his ruling, sometimes the people need to realize that their votes carry consequences.
Lost In Transition

United States

#169005 Sep 25, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
Catcher said you had a big "R" on your butt.
I haven't seen it yet, but I'm gonna keep looking.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#169006 Sep 25, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>I think that conservatives and liberals are human beings.
I think that avoiding responsibility, playing the victim, and a disproportionate sense of entitlement are human failings, and human failings don't have/cannot be associated with a political ideology.

I understand that there are well paid entertainers and their parrots (not to mention elected officials) who make a living peddling the notion that human failings are all on the other side or that the other is responsible for everything wrong with society.
I don't buy it. I don't buy it from people who market that crap to liberals or the ones who peddle it to conservatives.

So ... you can take the fact that I'm not giving a direct answer to your question any way you want to. The playbook (and this part is used by both sides) requires that you insinuate that I know you're speaking THE TRUTH, but am avoiding answering because it would make my side look bad.

That's B.S. I'm not answering your question because the question itself is phony. It's based the ridiculous assumption that human failings are ideological.
Willie, you're right that avoiding responsibility, playing the victim, and a disproportionate sense of entitlement are HUMAN failings, as opposed to ideological ones. That's been going on literally since Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden.

But you are mistaken when you say that these particular human failings "don't have/cannot be associated with a political ideology." That's because in the case of America today and of roughly the last 20 years, a particular political ideology has been deliberately ENCOURAGING these human failings. And I'm sorry, Willie, but there's no excuse for that.

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#169007 Sep 25, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
"Republican Senator Tom Coburn, isn’t much of a fan of the plan being pushed by some of his fellow Republicans to shutdown the government unless the President’s health care plan is defunded:
I haven't seen that bill. All I've seen is the House bill that funds the ENTIRE federal government, EXCEPT obamacare. Is there another bill that I'm unaware of? Or are you anticipating Harry Reid's bill after he gets the Senate to approve cloture by 60 votes,(54 Ds/6 Rs)? Then Harry can modify the House bill to put back in obamacare funding, and pass it with just 51 votes, without needing any Republican votes to pass, and all the Republicans can vote against it, and tell their voters they did so, knowing it will pass without their vote.
Lyndi wrote:
In a phone interview from his home state of Oklahoma, Coburn slammed a dozen fellow Republican senators who have signed a pledge not to vote for any continuing resolution or appropriations bill that funds Obamacare, which is set to go fully into effect on January 1, 2014.“I’d love to defund it,” said Coburn, a physician who has opposed the president’s national health care scheme from the beginning.“I’d be leading the charge if I thought this would work. But it will not work.”
Thus surrendering without a fight. No wonder Harry has it so easy.

Welcome to obamacare!
RFD

Oakland, CA

#169008 Sep 25, 2013
Let’s not forget the rodeo clown that is now banned from his trade because he wore an Obama mask. Every single president has been mocked. A funny mask has been made to represent every president. Not a damn word was ever said until that Rodeo Clown wears one of Obama. Not only is that man fired and banned from his trade, but to add insult to injury, the NAACP wanted the DOJ to bring hate-crime charges. Where is the NAACP and DOJ when it comes to those black boys that placed they hate white people on their face book accts and then they went out and shot one in the back for no other reason than not liking Europeans. I recently heard that was not a hate crime because a white was rolling with the blacks. Needless to say, that was a lie. The so-called ‘white-boy’ was an interracial black that a white created. A lot of those have been attacking European-Americans with their black friends [descendants of African-American slaves] as of lately.
I didn’t hear to much from the jesse jacksons and al sharptons about the anti-white rhetoric coming from the DHS worker….

http://www.newsmax.com/US/dhs-employee-anti-w...

It is damn pitiful how many ignorant European-Americans there are. Many have no clue that the more that they intermingle with you people, the more they are killed, maimed, etc.
There has been many, many visiting British and European visitors that have come here only to be murdered, robbed ,raped and tortured by you blacks [descendants of African-American slaves]. Now you have added an Australian to your list of accomplishments.
That is okay though. You see, the more interracials you create with European-Americans, the more isolated your vile race becomes. Believe me, you [as a race] are on your way out. Unbelievable, you make up only maybe 12% of the U.S population, but you kill more white people than white people do.
It is just unbelievable how white people just keep-on keeping on helping you blacks [descendants of African-American slaves]. Not long ago a ding bat white broad was coming out of her suburb area to help a black district in Oakland and for her efforts,, you blacks [descendants of African-American slaves] shot her to death. If she left behind children, maybe they will learn from their mothers death. I have a funny feeling they won’t learn a damn thing. Funny about that incident , no mainstream media play at all.None whatsoever. I just wonder what the outcome would be if the table was turned- European-Americans that took down a black.
TBC...
RFD

Oakland, CA

#169009 Sep 25, 2013
Obama himself is laying groundwork that is going to do serious damage to your black race [descendants of African-American slaves], especially in the area of education . If Obama could have his way and go full out with his radical left agenda, blacks [descendants of African-American slaves] would be quickly and literally thrown under the bus. Although, due to the nature of the foundation of this country, he cannot do whatever he wants so it is taking time, but what he can get away with and push through the system is showing it’s fruits.
The funny thing is, no matter what he does to you people, you will support him with mucho gusto..

The majority of you blacks [descendants of African-American slaves] think that Obama is like you, but that guy comes from a family tree that has absolutely no ties to you whatsoever.
TBC..
RFD

Oakland, CA

#169010 Sep 25, 2013
Have a look around you, you are becoming obsolete everywhere; in not too long, you will not be needed for the Democrat voting block anymore. The Interracials that many of you create are replacing you in the workforce because they are preferred over you. Interracials are considered black so when one hires an interracial, that fills the slot for “African-American“. Even the ‘African-Americans” are using the interracial blacks as models and so forth to represent the “African-American” community.
Yes, by your own doing, your unemployment rate is going to literally skyrocket more than ever.
Oh yeah, you’ll lash out more than ever before by killing and beating up more ignorant fool white people as they continue to love you. But it wont do you any good.
Think about it…. After four hundred years or so, you make up only about twelve percent of the U.S population. How much of a percentage of that twelve percent is illiterate ,,,in prison , on parole and felons?
You will only be used as cannon fodder and to keep the prison industry and the related in big business..
Now with many of you breeding European-American into your family line, as mentioned above, you will be completely isolated …
RFD

Oakland, CA

#169011 Sep 25, 2013
Now even though the intteracials are preferred over you in the workforce and so on, the whites that create the black interracial are for the most part reduced to your ranks.
Not all European-Americans are brain dead zombies that have no clue to what is going around them, Many are quite aware of what you are doing by slaughtering them in record numbers. As a result, more prisons will be built,, your unemployment rate will soar like never before and so on… Just remember new techniques are being developed everyday that are better than the previous.
As of right now, your black schools are graduating black students that are barely one step above illiteracy.
Obama has crashed much of the “higher education” and other advantages for you people. They are instead teaching better people English- such as Mexicans, Latino‘s, Asians and so on. You are being replaced. Have a good look see in your ‘hoods, miyatas. Many, many Europeans might be spineless punks and cowards and run from you while you beat the living daylights out of them and kill them and they pretend that things are ‘dandy’, but the Mexicans and Latinos are not punks and cowards; European-Americans run when you surge their neighborhoods, the Mexicans and Latino’s are doing to you what you are doing to the whites. Odd that most of them are part White; I don’t know what gives them such heart and spine, It has to be the Indian in them. Judging by the European-Americans actions these days, It certainly can’t be the European blood that gives them their ferocity and heart.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 7 min AN NFL FAN 119,651
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min Ghost Writer 2 U 775,049
Ranking Miracle 9 min medprof 1
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min June VanDerMark 559,400
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 12 min onemale 265,110
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 12 min lil whispers 604,994
The Global Elites Are Moving Things Underground 21 min Garland 9
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 12 hr Barnsweb 441,764
More from around the web