Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

The bill currently active in Congress, which was introduced on February 5 of this year by Rep. Jared Polis (D-Col.), would:

remove marijuana from Schedule I of the Controlled Substances Act;

revise the definition of “felony drug offense” to exclude conduct relating to marijuana;

prohibit the transporting of marijuana into any place where its possession, use, or sale is prohibited;

require marijuana producers to purchase a permit like commercial alcohol producers do;
subject marijuana to the federal provisions that apply to intoxicating liquors and distilled spirits;

and reassign jurisdiction of marijuana regulation from the Drug Enforcement Administration to the renamed Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Marijuana, Firearms and Explosives.

Said Representative Polis,

This legislation doesn’t force any state to legalize marijuana, but Colorado and the 18 other jurisdictions that have chosen to allow marijuana for medical or recreational use deserve the certainty of knowing that federal agents won’t raid state-legal businesses. Congress should simply allow states to regulate marijuana as they see fit and stop wasting federal tax dollars on the failed drug war.

Now that doesn’t mean that Representative Polis is a Democratic version of former Congressman Ron Paul. It doesn’t mean that he is a libertarian. It doesn’t mean that he opposes the wasting of federal tax dollars on anything else. It doesn’t mean that he wants all the states to legalize marijuana, for medical use or otherwise. It doesn’t mean that he favors the legalization of drugs besides marijuana. All it means is that, at least on this issue, Representative Polis wants to transfer the oversight of something from the federal government to the states; that is, at least on this issue, he wants the federal government to follow the Constitution.

The Constitution nowhere grants to the federal government the authority to have anything to do with marijuana or any other drug. No regulations, no restrictions, no drug schedules, no controlled substances, and certainly no prohibition.

Maybe Congress should read it sometime.
Lost In Transition

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
The bill currently active in Congress, which was introduced on February 5 of this year by Rep. Jared Polis (D-Col.), would:
remove marijuana from Schedule I of the Controlled Substances Act;
revise the definition of “felony drug offense” to exclude conduct relating to marijuana;
prohibit the transporting of marijuana into any place where its possession, use, or sale is prohibited;
require marijuana producers to purchase a permit like commercial alcohol producers do;
subject marijuana to the federal provisions that apply to intoxicating liquors and distilled spirits;
and reassign jurisdiction of marijuana regulation from the Drug Enforcement Administration to the renamed Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Marijuana, Firearms and Explosives.
Said Representative Polis,
This legislation doesn’t force any state to legalize marijuana, but Colorado and the 18 other jurisdictions that have chosen to allow marijuana for medical or recreational use deserve the certainty of knowing that federal agents won’t raid state-legal businesses. Congress should simply allow states to regulate marijuana as they see fit and stop wasting federal tax dollars on the failed drug war.
Now that doesn’t mean that Representative Polis is a Democratic version of former Congressman Ron Paul. It doesn’t mean that he is a libertarian. It doesn’t mean that he opposes the wasting of federal tax dollars on anything else. It doesn’t mean that he wants all the states to legalize marijuana, for medical use or otherwise. It doesn’t mean that he favors the legalization of drugs besides marijuana. All it means is that, at least on this issue, Representative Polis wants to transfer the oversight of something from the federal government to the states; that is, at least on this issue, he wants the federal government to follow the Constitution.
The Constitution nowhere grants to the federal government the authority to have anything to do with marijuana or any other drug. No regulations, no restrictions, no drug schedules, no controlled substances, and certainly no prohibition.

Maybe Congress should read it sometime.
Yah, sure. And go back to when politics was a part time gig, where they had to hold down a real job in the real economy? I don't think so.

I was listening to a "greeny" today describe the T-party candidates who were fighting obamacare. He said these guys went into politics on a principle, not as a career. That they didn't give a damn about the party or re-election, they came to make a stand and were more than willing to return to their private sector jobs if that stand took them down. He said, speaking strictly from a political point of view, they were insane. I got a kick out of that.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

UidiotRACEMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>But the smell, the look ...of dirty azz? U don't where lyndi azz had gone through... EWWWWWW Non appetizing to say the least? BSAAaHaHaaaa
F@ckin' filthy potty-mouth POS troll. Low-life scumbag.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
If you can't counter assertions with something at least funnier, if not more accurate, it says more about you than it does anyone.

This was really lame.

(Thanks, Sister Kathryn)
Roberta G

Westminster, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, Lyndi is a blabbermouth.
Her ass is a big Republican waffle.
Reported, you jerk.
Roberta G

Westminster, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Reported.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater and Honolulu

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

Lost In Transition wrote:
<quoted text>
Yah, sure. And go back to when politics was a part time gig, where they had to hold down a real job in the real economy? I don't think so.
I was listening to a "greeny" today describe the T-party candidates who were fighting obamacare. He said these guys went into politics on a principle, not as a career. That they didn't give a damn about the party or re-election, they came to make a stand and were more than willing to return to their private sector jobs if that stand took them down. He said, speaking strictly from a political point of view, they were insane. I got a kick out of that.
Most of the cats that founded this nation would be viewed as insane today. Guess you have to laugh, if not you'll cry when you see how far we have fallen. Heard this today on radio concerning the nation's first President:

As the delegates filtered in the week and a half prior to the start of the Constitutional Convention in May of 1787, George Washington turned to Gouverneur Morris and said:

“It is too probable that no plan we propose will be adopted. Perhaps another dreadful conflict is to be sustained. If to please the people, we offer what we ourselves disapprove, how can we afterwards defend our work? The event is in the hand of God.”
Larry

Mankato, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you can't counter assertions with something at least funnier, if not more accurate, it says more about you than it does anyone.
This was really lame.
(Thanks, Sister Kathryn)
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, Lyndi is a blabbermouth.
Her ass is a big Republican waffle.
You dipchit..........

Clearwater and Honolulu

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
If I can interrupt your confetti throwing for a minute...
John McCain's position and the position of multiple republican senators on the defunding issue hasn't been properly explained in here. But putting that aside, his record has been exemplary as both a senator and a soldier. The man was a POW longer than Obama was a senator and he was the extraordinary leader who refused to leave his men behind so he could come home due to Washington connections. We shouldn't ever forget that.
Maybe you're caught up in your enthusiasm over Ted Cruz but I'm a taken aback of how incredibly disrespectful you're being to an American who has put his country ahead of himself again and again. "McLame" and such isn't okay. He doesn't deserve that.
Again, I appreciate your enthusiasm about the new kid on the block but maybe you could leave out kicking the old workhorse McCain as part of your party games.
Two things to note about Cruz. One he's doing this in great part to position himself as presidential candidate in 2016 so his motives aren't as entirely selfless and pure as you're making them out to be and two, if this strategy of his isn't the correct one, he's running full throttle into a standing bayonet and his 15 minutes will be up.
Most of this I agree with. When McCain ran I strongly supported him. I do think in recent times with him calling certain people hobbits from middle earth it wasn't his best moment. And I get the frustration. People like the former Sec. of State Powell saying that the republicans need to be bigger tent, making a case for moderates like McCain and Romney, how has that worked out? Don't pretend to know what the answer is but do think term limits across the board would be a great start.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Lost In Transition wrote:
<quoted text>
Much as it would otherwise pain me to say such a thing, I have respect for any Tea Party Republicans, it would be the 'politically insane' ones. Unfortunately, the majority of Tea-party Republicans, don't fit this description, and are far more 'ideologically insane' than politically so...in that most of them have been just as busy stumping for re-election as any Democrat, since they took office.

Talk about 'all hat and no cattle'....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of the cats that founded this nation would be viewed as insane today. Guess you have to laugh, if not you'll cry when you see how far we have fallen. Heard this today on radio concerning the nation's first President:
As the delegates filtered in the week and a half prior to the start of the Constitutional Convention in May of 1787, George Washington turned to Gouverneur Morris and said:
“It is too probable that no plan we propose will be adopted. Perhaps another dreadful conflict is to be sustained. If to please the people, we offer what we ourselves disapprove, how can we afterwards defend our work? The event is in the hand of God.”
You said it yourself: "...you'll cry when you see how far we have fallen."

How's that 'hand of God' thing working out, so far?

Perhaps you should consider that the hand of God has steered us in this direction...his hands are much stronger than our own, after all...aren't they?
Larry

Mankato, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>You said it yourself: "...you'll cry when you see how far we have fallen."
Perhaps you should consider that the hand of God has steered us in this direction...his hands are much stronger than our own, after all...aren't they?
No, the devil made God do it..........

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of the cats that founded this nation would be viewed as insane today.
Not by me - I'm a huge fan of those cats.

Their political ideology really turns me on.

:)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Larry wrote:
<quoted text>
No, the devil made God do it..........
Aaaaa...balone.

The devil is a patsy.

Clearwater and Honolulu

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

<quoted text>You said it yourself: "...you'll cry when you see how far we have fallen."
Fine. Oh make no mistake whatever happens it is indeed in His hands. It always has been. Every look at pictures of people from many years back? Last year at the Tampa airport they had some from close to a hundred years ago. What struck me was the way people dressed. Even in the last 25 years just getting on a plane I've noted changes.

Clearwater and Honolulu

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

<quoted text>Not by me - I'm a huge fan of those cats.
Their political ideology really turns me on.
:)
Like this?

When the Founders wrote the Constitution, they intended to signify the importance and power of each branch of government in the order that the powers are granted. The Founders saw the legislative branch as the most powerful of the three with the executive being weaker and the judicial branch being the weakest. It was the intention of the Founders for the judicial branch to serve as a final backstop against oversteps of government power.

Not thinking many in government at this time seem to be such a fan. Like the dear leader that makes end runs around other parts of our government because he just knows whats best. Example epa madness.

Clearwater and Honolulu

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Labor Participation Rate 63.0%

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

<quoted text>
The takeaway here, of course, is that you don't consider Democrats to be American voters....
????

Of course Democrats are in the definition of 'American voters'. You couldn't have over 60% of the voters being opposed to obamacare without having a sizeable number of Democrats in that mix.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

UidiotRACEMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
A Foul Tragedy
Garrison Keillor
In These Times magazine, November 2005
There are more folks in prison for marijuana than for violent crimes.
There are numerous reasons for this:

1) Marijuana is a branch of the hemp family, and Big Oil doesn't want to be hemp farmers. As long as marijuana is considered a scheduled drug, industrial hemp will also remain illegal.

2) Marijuana is easy to grow, and Big Pharma wants to remain one of the only two industries legally allowed to profit from it. As long as its possession by the unlicensed is criminally prosecuted, they will.(Of course the drug cartels, and the black market, are an acceptable part of this business model.)

3) Big Prison is the only OTHER industry allowed to profit from marijuana, although these profits are incidental to its legality, or the lack thereof.(Of course the drug cartels, and the black market, are an acceptable part of this business model, as well.)

4) Big Fed, otherwise known as the DEA, has far too much pride invested in the "War on Drugs." to go back now. Should marijuana suddenly become de-criminalized -or made entirely legal- Big Fed suddenly looks like a stone fool. They can't be having that, even though we've already repealed prohibition once, because it didn't work.

It still hasn't worked - for the American People. Working just fine for the above folks though. Don't see it happening anytime soon, but willing to work to make it happen eventually.

Legalize it.
JMO

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Labor Participation Rate 63.0%

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
If I can interrupt your confetti throwing for a minute...
John McCain's position and the position of multiple republican senators on the defunding issue hasn't been properly explained in here. But putting that aside, his record has been exemplary as both a senator and a soldier. The man was a POW longer than Obama was a senator and he was the extraordinary leader who refused to leave his men behind so he could come home due to Washington connections. We shouldn't ever forget that.
I have absolutely no problem with John McCain's military service. He acted heroically, and deserves respect for that service.

What I have a problem with is John McLame as a Senator. He is probably second only to obama on how many of his core values he has surrendered... Kerry, bailouts, immigration, obamacare... where does it stop.
Lyndi wrote:
Maybe you're caught up in your enthusiasm over Ted Cruz but I'm a taken aback of how incredibly disrespectful you're being to an American who has put his country ahead of himself again and again. "McLame" and such isn't okay. He doesn't deserve that.
Not as a Senator, he hasn't.
Lyndi wrote:
Again, I appreciate your enthusiasm about the new kid on the block but maybe you could leave out kicking the old workhorse McCain as part of your party games.
If the Democrats had chosen Hillary as their candidate instead of obama, I would have voted for her over McLame.
Lyndi wrote:
Two things to note about Cruz. One he's doing this in great part to position himself as presidential candidate in 2016 so his motives aren't as entirely selfless and pure as you're making them out to be
Canadian born U.S. citizens are ineligible to become President of the USA. Unless I'm mistaken, Ted Cruz was born in Canada.
Lyndi wrote:
and two, if this strategy of his isn't the correct one, he's running full throttle into a standing bayonet and his 15 minutes will be up.
That's what they said in the House, just before they passed funding the entire U.S. budget, except for obamacare. Why surrender the battle without a fight... that sounds like something Senator McLame would do.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 161,301 - 161,320 of171,443
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

367 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 14 min petesake 114,618
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 14 min MUQ1 36,391
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 18 min Buck Crick 223,169
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 18 min It aint necessarily so 716,428
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 19 min River Tam 598,743
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 44 min Gabric 62
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 53 min ali 332
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr truth 529,972
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr onemale 255,692