Bush is a hero
US a WORLD WARMONGER

United States

#168815 Sep 21, 2013
9/11 Truth. An American Enigma
by Peter Phillips, Professor of Sociology at Sonoma State University

The factual arguments clearly establish the possibility of controlled demolition of the WTC buildings on September 11, 2001, yet, there is almost zero coverage in the corporate media in the US. This is top down corporate censorship pure and simple. Even if other scientists can be found to disagree with the study, the policy of ignoring the topic inside the corporate media is relatively absolute... Perhaps the mainstream science journalists left their critical thinking skills at home and gave the scientific method the day off. Or maybe the real conspiracy exists within the boardrooms of the corporate mainstream media.
UIDIOTRACEMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#168816 Sep 21, 2013
Robert Altemeyer , retired Professor of Psychology at the University of Manitoba.

Conservatives Without Conscience
by John Dean
Penguin Books, 2006, p184

Probably about 20 to 25 percent of the adult American population is so right-wing authoritarian, so scared, so self-righteous, so ill-informed, and so dogmatic that nothing you can say or do will change their minds. They would march America into a dictatorship and probably feel that things had improved as a result.
UIDIOTRACEMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#168817 Sep 21, 2013
R. Claire Snyder,
Masters of War, ed Carl Boggs, p261

Since September 11th, both the neoliberal and social-conservative wings within the Republican party have been deliberately fueling the forces of militarism in order to advance their long-standing political agendas—protecting corporate interests and reconsolidating male dominance—with precious little resistance from the Democratic party.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#168818 Sep 22, 2013
udiotRaceMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text> But you biggest worthless troll and war mongering supporter of evil and men without/lack moral... I see the War hawk still screeching like a maniac! You machavellian and leo Struassian is duly noted! BHHAHAHAAHhah MWBAHAHAHAHAaa Not anti-semite , as those good jews even want to run away from their own kind and want nothing to do with the own kind war mongering Zionist Jews . You US warmongering Zionist/neocons are real Anti-Americans/immigrants, Anti-peace, Anti-world, Anti-civil liberties, Anti-human rights, Anti-Freedoom... you worst you not human but lowest of low on plane humanit war mongering barbarian scvmbuckets of sh!ts! hell is your domain, begone satan! WBHAHAHAHHahaaaaa
Yada yada yada yada same thing over and over and over and over and over and over yada yada yada yada same thing over and over and over and over and over and over yada yada yada yada same thing over and over and over and over and over and over yada yada yada yada same thing over and over and over and over and over and over.

Gibberish.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#168819 Sep 22, 2013
udiotRaceMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>Most likely she talked with other meetings of scientists... and those in know about Demolition and engineering who had done research in 9/11 ...
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. MOST likely yer fulla crapola as usual.

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#168820 Sep 22, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. MOST likely yer fulla crapola as usual.
"Most likely", another one of those 'definitive' statements that losers use as their supporting 'evidence' for their silly theories.
endtimes

AOL

#168821 Sep 22, 2013

SEPT 2014 :---SIGNS of Tribulation "start"

youtu.be/xO_Sk9CzFkY

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#168822 Sep 22, 2013
From the WGY home page:
An open letter to parents in Rensselaer County

What planet do you live on?

Last week, word got out that your children had broken into a home in Stephentown and threw a party. More than 300 of them partied and drunkenly smashed windows, urinated on the floors, stood on tables, punched holes in the ceiling and stole a statue that was part of a memorial for the owner’s stillborn grandson. Oh, it gets better. Before, during and after the party, they tweeted about it and posted pictures of themselves engaged in this behavior.

Way to go.

The house is owned by former NFL player Brian Holloway. It is his second residence, paid for in part by his Super Bowl bonus. He lives in Florida and the Stephentown house is on the market. He watched this unfold online while at his home in Florida. Instead of demanding the arrest of your kids, he instead created a website, www.helpmesave300.com where he reposted their photos, identified the people involved, and called for ways to reach out to young people and show them that there are better ways to spend their time than drinking, drugs and vandalism.

He is a better person than I would have been in that position. It takes class and compassion to see beyond the urine stained carpets, broken windows, damaged walls and blatant disrespect to reach out to your kids. He even offered to welcome these derelicts back to his house for a picnic, where they would work together to make repairs and clean up the mess they left behind. I don’t know that the rest of us would have been able to react the same way.

And one kid showed up. One, out of the 300 teens who were there.

Instead of dragging your kids back to apologize and clean up the mess, you lashed out at Brian Holloway, threatened to firebomb his house, and are now planning to sue him. For what? For identifying your kids online. Well guess what? Your little Johnny did that himself the minute he tweeted that iPhone photo standing on the dining room table, holding a red solo cup filled with beer.

Look, I don’t blame you for what your kids did. Heck, I don’t even really blame them. Teens will be teens, and they do stupid things sometimes. We’ve all been there. It’s not fair to judge parents on the mistakes their kids make. It is how you handle that behavior afterwards that reflects on you as a parent.

Instead of sitting little Johnny down and reminding him that what he did is not acceptable and then dragging him by the collar to apologize to Mr. Holloway, you chose instead to harass and threaten the victim. Let’s not forget here, your child victimized this man by destroying his home. How dare you respond with anything other than regret, embarrassment, and a sincere apology instead of righteous indignation, threats of violence and lawsuits.

Parents like you are responsible for an entire generation that expects the world handed to them, because you have given it to them all along. Instead of teaching your kids to work hard and earn things, you give a trophy to every kid in youth sports and then hand them an iPhone in middle school. You are the parents screaming through the fence at the Little League umpire instead of teaching good sportsmanship. You are the ones criticizing the teacher instead of realizing they just want to help your child learn.

Can you please just step back and look at what you are doing to your kids? This is the generation that will grow up to lead our country and make decisions regarding our lives. I hope none of them are YOUR children.

-Kelly
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#168823 Sep 22, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>I found this in seconds:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/greg-lukianoff/...
If you are properly conditioned/programmed, you may think this is a clear cut conservative vs liberal issue.
It's not. The tactic is an oldie but a goodie, though.
I was looking for a standard news article via google from ABC, CBS, NBC or MSNBC and when it seemed to take too much digging because they probably didn't want to report it in the first place, I went against my better judgement and used FOX as my source. It didn't dawn on me, Willie to me to hunt for the >Huffington Post.<
And furthermore, I don't use news "tactics." THAT is what's made the liberal news media a journalistic joke and that is why when one googles: "Modesto college student tries to pass out constitution" you won't find ABC, NBC, CBS OR MSNBC mentioned on the first page. The following are the sources listed on page 1 of my search and if you think the 4 news organizations I mentioned are missing due to an odd coinincidence, you've lost your mind and you really should make an effort to go find it.

***** FOX News
***** examiner.com
***** RT·
***** www.foxnews.com
***** www.theblaze.com
***** www.fireandreamitchell.com
***** www.mjc.edu
*****www.myfoxdc
***** FOX News
***** thefire.org/article/16246.html

“2016 No Clinton No Bush!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#168824 Sep 22, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
I was looking for a standard news article via google from ABC, CBS, NBC or MSNBC and when it seemed to take too much digging because they probably didn't want to report it in the first place, I went against my better judgement and used FOX as my source. It didn't dawn on me, Willie to me to hunt for the >Huffington Post.<
And furthermore, I don't use news "tactics." THAT is what's made the liberal news media a journalistic joke and that is why when one googles: "Modesto college student tries to pass out constitution" you won't find ABC, NBC, CBS OR MSNBC mentioned on the first page. The following are the sources listed on page 1 of my search and if you think the 4 news organizations I mentioned are missing due to an odd coinincidence, you've lost your mind and you really should make an effort to go find it.
***** FOX News
***** examiner.com
***** RT·
***** www.foxnews.com
***** www.theblaze.com
***** www.fireandreamitchell.com
***** www.mjc.edu
*****www.myfoxdc
***** FOX News
***** thefire.org/article/16246.html
I searched for the name of the individual who staged the protest, and came up with the HuffPo link in far less time than it took you to type the above.

No big deal ... at least not to me. You were trying to be cute with the sorry about using Fox business, and I'm sure the judgicon fairy rewarded you amply. I was just trying to be cute back.

As to why the <start sneer>main stream media</sneer> isn't covering the story: I'm not sure that a California junior college's blanket policy banning the unauthorized distribution of material IS a national story.

That's what this story is about, you know. I happen to side with the protester in this case because I think the policy of this school is overly restricted, based on the information about the policy of the school included in some of the articles about it.

The Constitution is NOT the story - it's the hook employed by the protestor and whatever organization(s), if any, that back or inspired him.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#168825 Sep 22, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
From the WGY home page:
Last week, word got out that your children had broken into a home in Stephentown and threw a party. More than 300 of them partied and drunkenly smashed windows, urinated on the floors, stood on tables, punched holes in the ceiling and stole a statue that was part of a memorial for the owner’s stillborn grandson. Oh, it gets better. Before, during and after the party, they tweeted about it and posted pictures of themselves engaged in this behavior.
Way to go.
The house is owned by former NFL player Brian Holloway. It is his second residence, paid for in part by his Super Bowl bonus. He lives in Florida and the Stephentown house is on the market. He watched this unfold online while at his home in Florida. Instead of demanding the arrest of your kids, he instead created a website, www.helpmesave300.com where he reposted their photos, identified the people involved, and called for ways to reach out to young people and show them that there are better ways to spend their time than drinking, drugs and vandalism.
He is a better person than I would have been in that position. It takes class and compassion to see beyond the urine stained carpets, broken windows, damaged walls and blatant disrespect to reach out to your kids. He even offered to welcome these derelicts back to his house for a picnic, where they would work together to make repairs and clean up the mess they left behind. I don’t know that the rest of us would have been able to react the same way.
Instead of dragging your kids back to apologize and clean up the mess, you lashed out at Brian Holloway, threatened to firebomb his house, and are now planning to sue him. For what? For identifying your kids online. Well guess what? Your little Johnny did that himself the minute he tweeted that iPhone photo standing on the dining room table, holding a red solo cup filled with beer.
Look, I don’t blame you for what your kids did. Heck, I don’t even really blame them. Teens will be teens, and they do stupid things sometimes. We’ve all been there. It’s not fair to judge parents on the mistakes their kids make. It is how you handle that behavior afterwards that reflects on you as a parent.
Instead of sitting little Johnny down and reminding him that what he did is not acceptable and then dragging him by the collar to apologize to Mr. Holloway, you chose instead to harass and threaten the victim. Let’s not forget here, your child victimized this man by destroying his home. How dare you respond with anything other than regret, embarrassment, and a sincere apology instead of righteous indignation, threats of violence and lawsuits.
Parents like you are responsible for an entire generation that expects the world handed to them, because you have given it to them all along. Instead of teaching your kids to work hard and earn things, you give a trophy to every kid in youth sports and then hand them an iPhone in middle school. You are the parents screaming through the fence at the Little League umpire instead of teaching good sportsmanship. You are the ones criticizing the teacher instead of realizing they just want to help your child learn.
Can you please just step back and look at what you are doing to your kids? This is the generation that will grow up to lead our country and make decisions regarding our lives. I hope none of them are YOUR children.
-Kelly
300 entitled junior lemmings without a working brain between them decided to use his house 'cause they wanted to, they are entitled to not go and pick up the mess because they didn't want to, and the parents are entitled to sue because now their children are victims.

Arrogance
Entitlement
Victimization

Those 3 traits have an uncanny resemblance to a particular political persuasion.......

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater and Honolulu

#168826 Sep 22, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
From the WGY home page:
edit for space
-Kelly
So I agree with "Kelly" until she says teens will be teens, we've all been there. Uh, not so much. So I am a product of both public schools and private schools depending on the year. One thing that did stick with me was a lecture that the principal of my catholic high gave on day one. From what I remember he said that we all carried our family names and on campus and off and represented that everywhere we went. It stuck with me. Sure did some things I wish I had not but nothing like this. In fact in 4 years of high never even heard of this. Class of 1992 btw. I also know some people both girls and guys that saved themselves for marriage. Others saying these days that never happens, teens will be teens. Time to stop making excuses.

Lafayette IN

#168827 Sep 22, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
300 entitled junior lemmings without a working brain between them decided to use his house 'cause they wanted to, they are entitled to not go and pick up the mess because they didn't want to, and the parents are entitled to sue because now their children are victims.
Arrogance
Entitlement
Victimization
Those 3 traits have an uncanny resemblance to a particular political persuasion.......
Someone looking to make a response in kind to this post would probably point out that Rensselaer County in upstate New York is dominated by Republicans.

If someone were to do that, I'd call them a moron because you gotta be pretty stupid to try and make political hay out of this story. That's what losers do - and that's a general rule.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#168828 Sep 22, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Someone looking to make a response in kind to this post would probably point out that Rensselaer County in upstate New York is dominated by Republicans.
If someone were to do that, I'd call them a moron because you gotta be pretty stupid to try and make political hay out of this story. That's what losers do - and that's a general rule.
I don't care of all these kids parents are hard core republican. The entitled behavior and the reaction of the parents to not hold their children responsible and to sue is about as liberal as it gets. What do you think the chances are 300 kids escaped from bible study class out of some conservative christian school and pulled this stunt?

Lafayette IN

#168829 Sep 22, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
So I agree with "Kelly" until she says teens will be teens, we've all been there. Uh, not so much. So I am a product of both public schools and private schools depending on the year. One thing that did stick with me was a lecture that the principal of my catholic high gave on day one. From what I remember he said that we all carried our family names and on campus and off and represented that everywhere we went. It stuck with me. Sure did some things I wish I had not but nothing like this. In fact in 4 years of high never even heard of this. Class of 1992 btw. I also know some people both girls and guys that saved themselves for marriage. Others saying these days that never happens, teens will be teens. Time to stop making excuses.
We had some pretty wild parties when I was in high school, but the idea of breaking and entering to have it ... that never occurred to anyone I knew.

Had my parents gotten wind of me participating in something like this, I know I'd have been marched to the clean up - and probably the police station.

Even back then, though, there were parents like the ones described in the article. I had friends that never learned what consequences were because they had parents with money and pull and willingness to indulge/enable enough to ensure they didn't have to pay them.

Most of those people grew up and grew out of the behavior that yields negative consequences, which is what I think the author of the article meant when she said 'teens will be teens', or words to that effect. Most of the rest learned right after the first time mommy and daddy didn't bail them out.

Lafayette IN

#168830 Sep 22, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care of all these kids parents are hard core republican. The entitled behavior and the reaction of the parents to not hold their children responsible and to sue is about as liberal as it gets. What do you think the chances are 300 kids escaped from bible study class out of some conservative christian school and pulled this stunt?
I think you have to be a moron to try and make political hay out of this story.

That's what I think.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#168831 Sep 22, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Someone looking to make a response in kind to this post would probably point out that Rensselaer County in upstate New York is dominated by Republicans.
It's not republican or democrat. I have a theory about what's happened to our kids. The greatest generation wanted their kids to have more than they did so they raised them in the strictest sense with almost a demand to make it. Result was the yuppie generation who thought their parents were too tough on them and vowed to make things easier going on their kids. Result was a dependent generation that needed their parents to get the things they were used to without having to work for it. Now these teens are the kids of those dependent adults and have no boundaries or accountability at all. I'm not saying this is true of all families but it sure seems to be a trend.
Now I have to add that these are the youth that Obama appeals to. It is a parenting style they're used to, being taken care of without having to work.

Clearwater and Honolulu

#168832 Sep 22, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
In a word, progressive. And oh the progress we are making across the board.

Clearwater and Honolulu

#168833 Sep 22, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>We had some pretty wild parties when I was in high school, but the idea of breaking and entering to have it ... that never occurred to anyone I knew.
Had my parents gotten wind of me participating in something like this, I know I'd have been marched to the clean up - and probably the police station.
Even back then, though, there were parents like the ones described in the article. I had friends that never learned what consequences were because they had parents with money and pull and willingness to indulge/enable enough to ensure they didn't have to pay them.
Most of those people grew up and grew out of the behavior that yields negative consequences, which is what I think the author of the article meant when she said 'teens will be teens', or words to that effect. Most of the rest learned right after the first time mommy and daddy didn't bail them out.
So I'm 5 years older than my sister. When she was in high school and parents went on a weekend trip she did have a party. I was working till 3 a.m. at a pizza shop in those days and when I came home to see the madness I freaked out, said the hell with this, crashed at a friends. Wouldn't say we have money but weren't hurting either. She was grounded for the rest of the school year. But I have been witness to others with money that did just as you say for the kids. Just proved to me money doesn't equal class.

Lafayette IN

#168834 Sep 22, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>It's not republican or democrat. I have a theory about what's happened to our kids. The greatest generation wanted their kids to have more than they did so they raised them in the strictest sense with almost a demand to make it. Result was the yuppie generation who thought their parents were too tough on them and vowed to make things easier going on their kids. Result was a dependent generation that needed their parents to get the things they were used to without having to work for it. Now these teens are the kids of those dependent adults and have no boundaries or accountability at all. I'm not saying this is true of all families but it sure seems to be a trend.
Now I have to add that these are the youth that Obama appeals to. It is a parenting style they're used to, being taken care of without having to work.
I've stated my opinion of what is required for a person to make political hay out of this story.

I stand by it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min PELE78 854,780
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 min USA Born 596,282
The Christian Atheist debate 21 min Mr Wiggley 989
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 48 min ChristineM 444,332
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr PortaBella ITA 612,614
my wife neha ki chudai (May '14) 1 hr raavan 15
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 2 hr WasteWater 6,138
More from around the web