|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

lisw wrote:
<quoted text>You can think what you want but I honestly shut my computer down and went to bed after "smooch" Didn't even see BB's post until today. But thankyou for thinking I could think up something like that. You usually don't give me much credit for brains at all.
Well, since that's based on absolutely nothing at all from this end, we can only suppose it speaks to an innate insecurity....>shrug<

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater and Honolulu

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Those yahoos are stumbling around the start of this thread. Be
interesting to see how long it takes 'em to pull their heads out.
If ever. They appear to be either dropouts or English language challenged.
Yea bro. I'm off to the hardware store. On a mission to see if I can still get an incandescent lamp for our bathroom. Last time I did find some and even made in the U.S.A. Should have stocked up more.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
dangitall.

You'd think this sort of thing would keep me humble...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

Here's the windup....
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
See hippy, ANY baboon can predict like this.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Those yahoos are stumbling around the start of this thread. Be
interesting to see how long it takes 'em to pull their heads out.
If ever. They appear to be either dropouts or English language challenged.
...aaaand there's the throw.

Did'ja git enny onya?

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Labor Participation Rate 63.0%

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
See hippy, ANY baboon can predict like this.
Well, it would be nice if they knew who the president has been for almost 5 years. It's a little late to be thinking about impeaching FORMER President Bush.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, it would be nice if they knew who the president has been for almost 5 years. It's a little late to be thinking about impeaching FORMER President Bush.
Low information voters?

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
It wasn't any worse than your "clockwork" gem.
Hey, it was way better.
District 4

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

Bush is a zero.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

District 4 wrote:
Bush is a zero.
Why District 4?

Hi folks.

I have been busy.

Oops, Lyndi objects to the word "folks".

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Hey, it was way better.
We know that. But bringing someone out of a depressive state, and into the <light>, often calls for "baby steps", right?

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi folks.
I have been busy.
You say that as though you think anyone cares, especially given
the high number of ambulances racing thru the streets & freeways of LA every day & every night.

It's a mystery you even have time to post at all, on a msg board like Topix.
endtimes

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

SEPT 2014 :---SIGNS of Tribulation "start"

http://youtu.be/xO_Sk9CzFkY

Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

HipGnozizzz wrote:
<quoted text>Overall success rate of Bain startups during Romney's tenure: 78%
78%. That's good, damn good.
Overall success rate of those receiving Dept of Energy investment funds: 83%
You were saying?
Note to self:

When asking Hip a question which he is incapable of answering without highlighting Obama in an unflattering light, he usually just skips my post and pretends he didn't see it. Sometimes, however (as with the response above) he thinks if he posts a nonsensical reply complete with two dandy percentages which have nothing to do with the billions of lost taxpayer dollars on faltering or bankrupt Obama inspired green companies which I inquired about, he hopes I won't notice.
I noticed.
But like all liberals, Hip resides in a state of fantasy, undisturbed by truth which everyone else gets to pay for.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

From Sen. Obama’s Floor Speech March 2006:

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies.… Increasing America’s debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that “the buck stops here.” Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better."
=====
=====

Speaking at a Ford auto plant in Missouri, September 2013
The president compared the debt-ceiling debate to a consumer loan on a new Ford F150 truck.

“This is important,” Mr. Obama said.“Raising the debt ceiling is not the same as approving more spending, any more than making your monthly payments adds to the total cost of your truck.”

Plowing ahead, Mr. Obama said,“I — you don’t say, well, I’m not going — I’m not going to pay my — my — my bill, my note for my truck because I’m going to save money. No, you’re not saving money. You already bought the truck, right? You have to pay the bills. You — you are not — you’re not saving money.”

(Then the president seemed to give an argument supporting Republicans’ call for lower spending and less borrorowing.)
“You — you might have decided at the front end not to buy the truck,” Mr. Obama said.“But once you bought the truck, you can’t say you’re saving money just by not paying the bills. Does that make sense?”

“So raising the debt ceiling — it doesn’t cost a dime,” Mr. Obama continued.“It does not add a penny to our deficits.”

A few moments later, as if realizing that his explanation of the debt ceiling was getting lost in translation, the president tried his truck analogy again.

“So — so I — I just want to break this down one more time,” he said.“I go into a Ford dealership, drive off with a new F-150. Unless I paid cash, I’ve still got to pay for it each month. I can’t just say, you know, I’m not going to make my car payment this month. That’s what Congress is threatening to do, just saying,‘I’m not going to pay the bills.’”
He warned,“There are consequences to that. The bill collector starts calling you, right? Your credit goes south, and you got all kinds of problems. Same is true for a country. So if we don’t raise the debt ceiling, we’re deadbeats.”

====

Sooooooooo, will the real Barack Obama please stand up? He's an idiot.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

Don’t Try Giving Away Copies Of The Constitution At Modesto Junior College.
September 19, 2013

The Constitution guarantees the right to free speech, but don’t try to pass out copies of it at Modesto Junior College in California.

A student at the school who tried to pass out pocket-size pamphlets of the very document that memorializes our rights got shut down on Sept. 17 – a date also known as Constitution Day.

Campus authorities told 25-year-old Robert Van Tuinen, who caught the whole thing on videotape, he could only pass out the free documents at a tiny designated spot on campus, and only then if he scheduled it several days in advance.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/09/19/californ...

Sorry about the Fox news source but I couldn't find a liberal viewpoint of this story.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Note to self:
When asking Hip a question which he is incapable of answering without highlighting Obama in an unflattering light, he usually just skips my post and pretends he didn't see it. Sometimes, however (as with the response above) he thinks if he posts a nonsensical reply complete with two dandy percentages which have nothing to do with the billions of lost taxpayer dollars on faltering or bankrupt Obama inspired green companies which I inquired about, he hopes I won't notice.
I noticed.
But like all liberals, Hip resides in a state of fantasy, undisturbed by truth which everyone else gets to pay for.
There is a reason that I designated Hip as Idiot1.

Bain: Bought out FLOUNDERING companies, invested private capital, turned most of those failing companies into profit makers. Saved over a hundred thousand jobs.

obama's green initiatives: Invested billions of taxpayer dollars to artificially strengthen NEW companies, and even with all the tax breaks and huge subsidies, many still failed, losing thousands of jobs.

http://townhall.com/political-cartoons/2013/0...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Lyndi wrote:
September 19, 2013
The Constitution guarantees the right to free speech, but don’t try to pass out copies of it at Modesto Junior College in California.
A student at the school who tried to pass out pocket-size pamphlets of the very document that memorializes our rights got shut down on Sept. 17 – a date also known as Constitution Day.
Campus authorities told 25-year-old Robert Van Tuinen, who caught the whole thing on videotape, he could only pass out the free documents at a tiny designated spot on campus, and only then if he scheduled it several days in advance.
Sorry about the Fox news source but I couldn't find a liberal viewpoint of this story.
Sorry Lyndi, I side with the school on this issue.

Modesto Junior College has a designated area for students to express their views and pass out materials, and the school offered to schedule time for him to do his thing. They did not tell him he could not pass out his materials, in fact, they gave him the information that was required so he could.

If he didn't like the school's rule(s) to maintain order on campus, he always has the option of passing out his materials off campus. I understand the need to maintain order on campus so it remains a learning institution, and not a free-fire protest center. I'm a product of the 60's... we don't want any more Kent States.

What if the materials he was passing out were applications to join the KKK, or the New Black Panther Party? Would you feel the same way? The rule has to cover everybody, not just the ideas we don't agree with.

BTW, I love our Constitution.

“Mean People Suck”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

Lyndi wrote:
September 19, 2013
I found this in seconds:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/greg-lukianoff/...

If you are properly conditioned/programmed, you may think this is a clear cut conservative vs liberal issue.

It's not. The tactic is an oldie but a goodie, though.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry Lyndi, I side with the school on this issue.
Modesto Junior College has a designated area for students to express their views and pass out materials, and the school offered to schedule time for him to do his thing. They did not tell him he could not pass out his materials, in fact, they gave him the information that was required so he could.
If he didn't like the school's rule(s) to maintain order on campus, he always has the option of passing out his materials off campus. I understand the need to maintain order on campus so it remains a learning institution, and not a free-fire protest center. I'm a product of the 60's... we don't want any more Kent States.
What if the materials he was passing out were applications to join the KKK, or the New Black Panther Party? Would you feel the same way? The rule has to cover everybody, not just the ideas we don't agree with.
BTW, I love our Constitution.
Except that the constitution is not a political protest. It is no different than passing out educational materials or maps.
I was at Ohio State when Kent State happened and was involved in many political groups and I can tell you that there were those that were involved because of what they believed in and those who were along for the ride (and for the beer.)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 161,141 - 161,160 of168,954
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

631 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Which Group Needs To Be Deported? 2 min Johnny 119
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Kaitlin the Wolf Witch 680,322
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 4 min Go Le Gay Levi GO 109,630
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min Michael 512,198
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 12 min Catcher1 217,056
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 15 min VIKING WARRIOR 596,571
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 19 min ryanm654321 258
Game of Thrones Ebook Download Free [PDF] (Feb '13) 14 hr sakib 47
•••
•••
•••