Bush is a hero

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#168688 Sep 19, 2013
Hip you can continue to put your fingers in your ears and repeat over and over, "there was nothing wrong with Benghazi" but I'm just going to watch it unfold. You will not see anything wrong with the way this administration works. I know that so we have nothing to talk about.

Location hidden

#168689 Sep 19, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
These are creepy opt-out of obamacare ads, but funny.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =R7cRsfW0Jv8XX&feature=pla yer_embedded
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
ugh!

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#168690 Sep 19, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Again about you. Really Hip I'm serious, you don't see how both those posts were not about facts or even opinions, they were about how you post with integrity and I don't respond line by line as you seem to think you deserve. That's hardly worth responding to.
From Hip's post:

"you staunchly refuse to even acknowledge any mitigating evidence at all is further proof. You don't want all pertinent facts, you want only factoids that conform to a predetermined conclusion."

I think it was more about YOU, than about him. And he's spot on about YOU, as usual.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#168691 Sep 19, 2013
HipGnozizzz wrote:
<quoted text>
My particular interest is and always has been to rebut willful ignorance and gratuitous smear, from my first day here. I've done the same any way it flies, as I did against the 9/11 truthers, the Impeach Bush screamers, and the My Pet Goat squealers. I've said it a hundred times - in a representative democracy, we get the government we deserve.
Your self-appointed schtick to monitor "ignorance & smear" mean NOTHING to me. Yer just another Obama zombie trying desperately
to shield the emperor and his minions. Folks who're confident
that this admin is being railroaded and misunderstood, don't
squawk anywhere near as much as you do. For whatever reason.

The Issa investigations continue because NO ONE on the Blue Team has the slightest interest in telling the truth, starting with "what difference does it make" HClinton, all the way down to
these loser Reps walking out on the victims' relatives who just want to know what exactly happened, and WHO is responsible.

The fact that it happened on Obama's watch is more than just a little coincidental. I can't recall in recent history of ANY US President getting himself and his admin in this much chaos, one right after the other, most, seemingly after he no longer had to worry about being reelected.

So you stay up there on the podium and flap yer beak all ya want. That'll gimme a much easier target to wing some rotten wormy tomatoes at.

Location hidden

#168692 Sep 19, 2013
Smooch!

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#168693 Sep 19, 2013
HipGnozizzz wrote:
<quoted text>Like clockwork.....
Yeah yer a DEEP prophet. But as yer protege has shown, any baboon on a board like this can make "eerily similar" predictions.

I'd a thought you were above such nonsense.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#168694 Sep 20, 2013
HipGnozizzz wrote:
<quoted text>Bless your honesty.
Because THIS is what it's about, and always has been. It ain't got nothing to do with security. When asked about security and process fixes, various Republicans have said, "We'll deal with that after...". After, they said.
And it's got nothing to do with brave Americans, three of which not one in 10,000 can even name, even after 13 months of ravenous attention. Nothing at all to do with their lives, and tragic deaths. Never did.
It's all to do with, "How can we keep these bodies from mouldering just long enough to turn their deaths to political advantage?"
It has EVERYTHING to do with security and try telling the family members it has nothing to do with those 4 brave Americans, Hip because I guarantee you their mothers will tell you it's ALL about those 4 brave Americans and I'm equally confident they can tell you what their names were. Those family members want answers, they are desperate for answers & details and Obama promised them they would be forthcoming when they met at Andrews Air force base. Do you know how many details they have a year later? None.

The video story Obama & Co. peddled for weeks on the national stage and later at the UN was the gigantic lie they trumpeted hoping to quiet the madding crowd and it was the first clue something was really, really screwy. Ask yourself why they came up with that bogus story and then tell me with a straight face there is nothing further to discuss. People including presidents don't LIE without reason and once a lie has been uncovered it's natural for normal people to want the truth, especially when dead people are involved.

It's curious the libs can employ the slightly loony Cindy Sheehan rallying your party with her beating of the drum looking for GW's head and pitching her little pup tent outside his home in TX but heaven forbid when people on the opposing team who smell something rotten make an effort to pursue it.
When you do it, it's righteous.
When republicans do it, it's political.
====

Someone is directly to blame for the failings at Benghazi and your lack of curiosity of who that might be and your willingness to just shrug the whole thing off is either political or abnormal. Take your pick.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#168695 Sep 20, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>From Hip's post:
"you staunchly refuse to even acknowledge any mitigating evidence at all is further proof. You don't want all pertinent facts, you want only factoids that conform to a predetermined conclusion."
I think it was more about YOU, than about him. And he's spot on about YOU, as usual.
Do you think you could just tell Hip in a personal message you have the Topix hots for him so we can move past your one woman cheerleading squad? Seriously, if you're not posting sexual innuendos with the stupid little smiley faces ad nauseum to the guy, you're whipping out your pom poms and screaming, "Give me an H!". I gotta tell you, it's absolutely god awful to watch.
HipGnozizzz

Altona, IL

#168696 Sep 20, 2013
lisw wrote:
Hip you can continue to put your fingers in your ears and repeat over and over, "there was nothing wrong with Benghazi" but I'm just going to watch it unfold. You will not see anything wrong with the way this administration works. I know that so we have nothing to talk about.
I hear just fine, thanks. What was demonstrated in the preceding discussion is a microcosm of this "scandal" - avoidance, deflection, misdirection, denial, ad personum, defensive indignation - all the classics. I get it - it's a House party, by invitation only.

Of course there were breakdowns in security. That goes without saying. Frankly, Mr. Stevens' travels at this critical time didn't help, but he did so because of dedication to his mission. Depending on a local gov't to provide security didn't help either.

But to deny the unpredictable actions of a flash-mob whipped into an ideological frenzy as being the primary cause is...self-serving at least.

I'm prepared to talk about this admin's deficiencies. I've mentioned a few. I got no bites, because they deal with boring issues, like the handling of the financial criminals that led to the 2008 Meltdown. Who wants to talk about CDOs and loan manipulation when we've got dead bodies to thrash?

The lack of Congressional address of the security lapses shows clearly it ain't about American deaths for anyone but the grieved families. It's about political advantage. Sad thing for the scandal-freaks is, most of America is way bored with Issa's games.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#168697 Sep 20, 2013
HipGnozizzz wrote:
<quoted text>Of course there were breakdowns in security. That goes without saying.
"Breakdowns" in security? Really? Is that what we're calling it now? Breakdowns?
===
NEWSFLASH:
There wasn't enough security.
===

How about we stop right there and you explain that OOPS because it occurs to me that but for that OOPS, we wouldn't be talking about this. And since, we can't dump this one onto Bush, how about you tell me who specifically we should dump it on because it has to be dumped somewhere.(And spare me the nonsense that republicans cut the budget and there was no money alloted for added secuity because that has already been dismissed as bs.)

Maybe the emails Stevens wrote to the State Department asking for more security, which escalated to begging for more security didn't make it to your local news station but I can assure you they were written and more importantly, they were received.

The floor is yours.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#168698 Sep 20, 2013
HipGnozizzz wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm prepared to talk about this admin's deficiencies. I've mentioned a few.
I don't recall you addressing the tax dollars Obama foolishly invested and subsequently lost in alternative energy/green energy businesses, in depth. It was out of control recklessness of other people money by a man who's never owned or run a single business.
Humor me and explain the forever lost billions and billions of wasted dollars for wind turbine, solar and dozens of stupid companies which I might remind you are now bankrupt therefore not the hook to EVER pay back the fed.
Say what you will about Romney but the man knows business and he no more would have invested in that crapola than flown via a bus to the moon. A zinger to Obama in one of the debates, "You don't just pick the winners and losers; you pick the losers" was dead on accurate.

I wish democrats hadn't told Obama how smart they thought he was. The doofus believed it.

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#168699 Sep 20, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
"Breakdowns" in security? Really? Is that what we're calling it now? Breakdowns?
===
NEWSFLASH:
There wasn't enough security.
===
How about we stop right there and you explain that OOPS because it occurs to me that but for that OOPS, we wouldn't be talking about this. And since, we can't dump this one onto Bush, how about you tell me who specifically we should dump it on because it has to be dumped somewhere.(And spare me the nonsense that republicans cut the budget and there was no money alloted for added secuity because that has already been dismissed as bs.)
Maybe the emails Stevens wrote to the State Department asking for more security, which escalated to begging for more security didn't make it to your local news station but I can assure you they were written and more importantly, they were received.
The floor is yours.
It definitely wasn't a matter of $$. The kitty had a couple of billion in excess, which is why the Congress voted to cut back. However, even with the cutback, there was enough money to spend hundreds of thousands on charging stations at the Geneva Embassy.

No, money definitely wasn't the problem. That was just another straw that he drowning administration grabbed at, after their video straw sank.

Location hidden

#168700 Sep 20, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>Say what you will about Romney but the man knows business and he no more would have invested in that crapola than flown via a bus to the moon. A zinger to Obama in one of the debates, "You don't just pick the winners and losers; you pick the losers" was dead on accurate.
I wish democrats hadn't told Obama how smart they thought he was. The doofus believed it.
Funny, after almost five years as pResident, we don't see many Democrats saying that about obama anymore.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#168701 Sep 20, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny, after almost five years as pResident, we don't see many Democrats saying that about obama anymore.
What's going on with your guy, Ted Cruz? Has he overplayed his hand? I caught only a little of yesterday's activity in congress but from what I'm hearing he got a little too big for his britches and he's making enemies left and right. What's the scoop?
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#168702 Sep 20, 2013
HipGnozizzz wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sorry, but I have to call call bullsh!t.
There have been nine (9) "Congressional investigations" thus far. Tell me please, what security revisions enhancements have resulted? Name just one.
In the IRS targeting "situation," which have resulted in multiple hearings, two rogue agents in Cincinnati (we are told) were responsible for that.

Can you name them?
Can you name just one?

Location hidden

#168703 Sep 20, 2013
HipGnozizzz wrote:
<quoted text>I hear just fine, thanks. What was demonstrated in the preceding discussion is a microcosm of this "scandal" - avoidance, deflection, misdirection, denial, ad personum, defensive indignation - all the classics. I get it - it's a House party, by invitation only.
Of course there were breakdowns in security. That goes without saying. Frankly, Mr. Stevens' travels at this critical time didn't help, but he did so because of dedication to his mission. Depending on a local gov't to provide security didn't help either.
But to deny the unpredictable actions of a flash-mob whipped into an ideological frenzy as being the primary cause is...self-serving at least.
I'm prepared to talk about this admin's deficiencies. I've mentioned a few. I got no bites, because they deal with boring issues, like the handling of the financial criminals that led to the 2008 Meltdown. Who wants to talk about CDOs and loan manipulation when we've got dead bodies to thrash?
The lack of Congressional address of the security lapses shows clearly it ain't about American deaths for anyone but the grieved families. It's about political advantage. Sad thing for the scandal-freaks is, most of America is way bored with Issa's games.
Bored? I addressed your nod to deficiencies, with the total difference between lies that lead to irritation and lies that lead to death, death of people who rely on our country to let them do their job safely. Bored, yeah, that's the problem. A majority of the country gets bored if the president is just doing his job. They are much more interested in whether he can dance or play basketball. Yeah, that's the ticket.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#168704 Sep 20, 2013
This may be of interest to some, and disappointing to global warming enthusiasts/Al Gore fans who when the temps DON'T rise, have a need to take antidepressants.
"Damn those steady temperarures!"
lol-
===

Climate Scientists Urged to Cover Up Slow in Global Warming.
20 Sep 2013

"Top climate scientists working on a landmark UN report were urged to cover up the fact that the world’s temperature has not risen for 15 years, it has been claimed.The authors of the report, which is seen as the gospel of climate science and is cited to justify fuel taxes and subsidies for renewable energy, are struggling to explain why global warming appears to have slowed down despite rising greenhouse gas emissions.

The leaked documents, obtained by The Associated Press, show political leaders in Belgium, Germany, Hungary and the US have deep concerns over how to address the issue ahead of next week's meeting of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC).

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/environment/...

Location hidden

#168705 Sep 20, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
What's going on with your guy, Ted Cruz? Has he overplayed his hand? I caught only a little of yesterday's activity in congress but from what I'm hearing he got a little too big for his britches and he's making enemies left and right. What's the scoop?
I'm not sure what he's up to, but I have faith that he's still working on a plan to defund or delay obamacare. Senator Mike Lee is with him, so I think they have something up their sleeves.

I have to wait and see how this plays out, I'm a tad confused right now.

It doesn't bother me too much that Ted's not popular with all the folks in Congress... I'd like to see most of them replaced because of the job they're not doing.

Location hidden

#168706 Sep 20, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
This may be of interest to some, and disappointing to global warming enthusiasts/Al Gore fans who when the temps DON'T rise, have a need to take antidepressants.
"Damn those steady temperarures!"
lol-
===
Climate Scientists Urged to Cover Up Slow in Global Warming.
20 Sep 2013
"Top climate scientists working on a landmark UN report were urged to cover up the fact that the world’s temperature has not risen for 15 years, it has been claimed.The authors of the report, which is seen as the gospel of climate science and is cited to justify fuel taxes and subsidies for renewable energy, are struggling to explain why global warming appears to have slowed down despite rising greenhouse gas emissions.
The leaked documents, obtained by The Associated Press, show political leaders in Belgium, Germany, Hungary and the US have deep concerns over how to address the issue ahead of next week's meeting of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC).
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/environment/...
But, but, but, they have a consensus of quack scientist saying 'man-made global warming' was undisputable fact... besides, there's still money to be made from that scam.

They can't let actual facts get in the way of their racket.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#168707 Sep 20, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sure what he's up to, but I have faith that he's still working on a plan to defund or delay obamacare. Senator Mike Lee is with him, so I think they have something up their sleeves.
I have to wait and see how this plays out, I'm a tad confused right now.
It doesn't bother me too much that Ted's not popular with all the folks in Congress... I'd like to see most of them replaced because of the job they're not doing.
Just stomached sitting through 5 minutes of listening to whats-her-name Wasserman-Schultz on MSNBC. She really does prove you can't fix stupid.
I wonder who I'd hate having lunch with more. Her or Pelosi.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is the problem of groping in India over exagger... (Jan '11) 10 min DTC 484
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 18 min It aint necessari... 864,883
Rajkot gay Topix 1 hr chirag parmar 197
sex (May '13) 1 hr vapi btm 180
Interracial Dating 1 hr white stud 3
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr Mia Copa 599,783
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 2 hr Dennis 42
The Christian Atheist debate 2 hr Justice League_ 2,009
White Lives MATTER 9 hr Burke Devlin 113
More from around the web