Bush is a hero
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#168653 Sep 19, 2013
HipGnozizzz wrote:
News Frothy-lipped Quasi-Cons Will Ignore:
REP. ELIJAH CUMMINGS: Admiral Mullen, in your review, did you have access to all military information, data, and people necessary to evaluate the military's response?
MULLEN: I did.
CUMMINGS: And I understand from your interview transcript that you conducted this examination not once but twice. Is that correct?
MULLEN: The first time Mr. Cummings was to -- with actually, with all members of the ARB, we went to the Pentagon to review it in detail. And then the second time I went back by myself when this became an issue that there were certainly questions being raised about it. I went back again to verify and validate what I had done before and I found nothing different in that, the military response. The military did everything they possibly could that night. They just couldn't get there in time.
MULLEN: It goes to our core, when people are in trouble, to do everything we possibly can to help them out. And there were many forces that moved that night, including a special operation force in Europe that ended up in a base in southern Europe, a large special operations force from the United States which moved under direction as soon as -- as soon as they were given orders. A group of Marines that essentially were sent in from Spain into Tripoli the next day. It literally became -- this is not something you can just wish to happen instantly. There's a lot of planning, preparation, as rapidly -- to do it as rapidly as one can do it.
CUMMINGS: So admiral, what do you say in response to those members who continue to this day to imply that the military somehow fell down on the job?
MULLEN: They didn't fall down on the job and I just completely disagree with that view.
PICKERING: I think the point that has just been made by Admiral Mullen is very important. We have over 270 consulates and embassies around the world in some very isolated and strange places. The responsibility for their primary security rests with the host country. Where that does not exist as it did in Benghazi, it falls back on us to do it. The report we provided you and others provides the recommendations to deal with those particular cases. We are not able to count on the U.S. military, as Admiral Mullen said, always being positioned to come in short notice to deal with those issues. So we must do better on the ground.
.......and that's the good news. The not so good news:

"However, Democrats found significant fault with the State Department for establishing Benghazi as a "temporary post" without the full security of an embassy or consulate. That could provide at least some ammunition for criticism of Clinton as she gears up for a potential presidential run in 2016, given that she would have been involved in approving a U.S. mission in the largely lawless city after Libya's 2011 civil war."
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/hous...

Have you ever heard of "but for" as used in law? It's proximate cause. An act from which an injury results.

Here's an example:
BUT FOR Hillary Clinton's incompetence and gross negligence on security at Benghazi, the attack might have been averted and 4 Americans might not be dead.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#168654 Sep 19, 2013
HipGnozizzz wrote:
News Frothy-lipped Quasi-Cons Will Ignore:
REP. ELIJAH CUMMINGS: Admiral Mullen, in your review, did you have access to all military information, data, and people necessary to evaluate the military's response?
MULLEN: I did.
CUMMINGS: And I understand from your interview transcript that you conducted this examination not once but twice. Is that correct?
MULLEN: The first time Mr. Cummings was to -- with actually, with all members of the ARB, we went to the Pentagon to review it in detail. And then the second time I went back by myself when this became an issue that there were certainly questions being raised about it. I went back again to verify and validate what I had done before and I found nothing different in that, the military response. The military did everything they possibly could that night. They just couldn't get there in time.
MULLEN: It goes to our core, when people are in trouble, to do everything we possibly can to help them out. And there were many forces that moved that night, including a special operation force in Europe that ended up in a base in southern Europe, a large special operations force from the United States which moved under direction as soon as -- as soon as they were given orders. A group of Marines that essentially were sent in from Spain into Tripoli the next day. It literally became -- this is not something you can just wish to happen instantly. There's a lot of planning, preparation, as rapidly -- to do it as rapidly as one can do it.
CUMMINGS: So admiral, what do you say in response to those members who continue to this day to imply that the military somehow fell down on the job?
MULLEN: They didn't fall down on the job and I just completely disagree with that view.
PICKERING: I think the point that has just been made by Admiral Mullen is very important. We have over 270 consulates and embassies around the world in some very isolated and strange places. The responsibility for their primary security rests with the host country. Where that does not exist as it did in Benghazi, it falls back on us to do it. The report we provided you and others provides the recommendations to deal with those particular cases. We are not able to count on the U.S. military, as Admiral Mullen said, always being positioned to come in short notice to deal with those issues. So we must do better on the ground.
Seems to me that for someone who thinks Benghazi is a "phony" scandal you are working very hard to prove someone's innocence, I'm not sure who. Since in a court of law or any investigation it is up to those who think there is guilt to prove that. Well if they do prove it, they just....do.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#168655 Sep 19, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
That was before she got those four Americans killed in Benghazi, and lied to the American public about it.
Besides, she has to first beat out obama's hand picked genius... Joe Biden.
May providence spare us the little indignities...

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#168656 Sep 19, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
.......and that's the good news. The not so good news:
"However, Democrats found significant fault with the State Department for establishing Benghazi as a "temporary post" without the full security of an embassy or consulate. That could provide at least some ammunition for criticism of Clinton as she gears up for a potential presidential run in 2016, given that she would have been involved in approving a U.S. mission in the largely lawless city after Libya's 2011 civil war."
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/hous...
Have you ever heard of "but for" as used in law? It's proximate cause. An act from which an injury results.
Here's an example:
BUT FOR Hillary Clinton's incompetence and gross negligence on security at Benghazi, the attack might have been averted and 4 Americans might not be dead.
Still predicting she'll run and lose...I have at least SOME faith left in American intelligence. Not sure why...maybe Pollyanna syndrome...

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#168657 Sep 19, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Still predicting she'll run and lose...I have at least SOME faith left in American intelligence. Not sure why...maybe Pollyanna syndrome...
I'm still curious if Hillary still believes that obama is not a natural born citizen, and ineligible to be pResident of the USA, especially in light of the phony birth certificate posted on whithouse.org .

It was, after all, the Clinton campaign that were the original 'birthers'. Do we really need a conspiracy nut like Hillary in the White House?

Location hidden

#168658 Sep 19, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Seems to me that for someone who thinks Benghazi is a "phony" scandal you are working very hard to prove someone's innocence, I'm not sure who. Since in a court of law or any investigation it is up to those who think there is guilt to prove that. Well if they do prove it, they just....do.
Admiral Mullen: "The military did everything they possibly could that night. They just couldn't get there in time."

I see Admiral Mullen was privy to al-Qaida's attack schedule, knowing ahead of time when al-Qaida would end the attack. The minute I read someone saying that there wasn't enough time to send in troops, my mind immediately screams COVER-UP!

The truth is, the troops should have been sent. If they got there late, at least they would have tried to save the Consulate and our American citizens. What the good Admiral is trying to sell us is that he knew when the attack would end, and he knew we couldn't have troops there by then.

It's a COVER-UP, not a phony scandal!

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater, FL

#168659 Sep 19, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Seems to me that for someone who thinks Benghazi is a "phony" scandal you are working very hard to prove someone's innocence, I'm not sure who. Since in a court of law or any investigation it is up to those who think there is guilt to prove that. Well if they do prove it, they just....do.
Speaking of it this book on it just came out. Heard an interview with the authors on radio and it sounds like this is worth checking out.

Under Fire: The Untold Story of the Attack in Benghazi
by Fred Burton (Author), Samuel M. Katz (Author)

http://www.dennisprager.com/blog/g/75d56306-3...

Clearwater, FL

#168660 Sep 19, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Elizabeth Warren could give Dr. Carson a run for his money...the Dems should run her, rather than Billary. JMO
In todays world I would guess a person such as Warren that has no ethics might beat a man like Carson that has much integrity. While I have zero respect for the dear leader he isn't the problem but the symptom of our nation at this time.

People feel like the system is rigged against them, and here is the painful part, they're right. The system is rigged.

Elizabeth Warren

What a lie.

Clearwater, FL

#168661 Sep 19, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no problem wth gay marriage. I'm in the 'I don't care' category. I'm glad the law passed. I'm not proud to admit that I'm sick to death of the topic and the incessant whining but there you have it. Who'd have thought 4+-% of the population could make so much noise?
My interest now turns to the divorce and annulment issues which are bound to follow and I'm particularly interested in how a gay marriage can be legally consumated. Currently the defintion of consumation must include erection and penetration by the man of the woman with 'emission of seed' so that clearly presents a problem. I suppose we should anticipate some handy dandy pretzel-like rewriting of that defintion to fit same sex marriages so that annulments can be granted. Catholic gay annulments I think will be especially colorful. I envison court cases in some complicated goofy proceeding where a battery operated device will at some point become exhibit A and a potential culprit. I look forward with great anticipation to the onslaught of late night comedy routines which will undoubedly ensue on the termination of some of these marriages where a baffled Pope will most likely be involved.
Adultery in a same sex marriage will be another legal hurdle at some point but I'm confident that over time a case will set a legal precedent and solve that little hiccup. Anyway these two issues will eventually be resolved and that's a good thing because maybe then we can finally stop talking about the personal relationships of a tiny (but very loud) portion of the population.
Ha. Made me laugh. People like River Tam don't really care what a Christian man like me thinks. She like so many others that are insincere ask questions they don't want answers to. Its why I mostly stay out of the other forum. Life is too short.

Clearwater, FL

#168662 Sep 19, 2013
So this story of life in America will make you happy and cry. If this young man is a reflection I have more hope today than yesterday.

A Minnesota Dairy Queen has been swarmed with dozens of phone calls, hundreds of comments and an influx of business after a story about their 19-year-old manager's courageous defense of a blind man went viral on Reddit.

Joey Prusak, who has been working at the popular fast-food restaurant for nearly five years, told TheBlaze Wednesday he was "shocked" and "sickened" by what he saw happen to a blind man at the hands of an elderly lady.

Prusak said that last Tuesday, one of his frequent guests, a man who is blind, walked into the local Dairy Queen. When the blind man took out his wallet to pay, a $20 bill slipped out of his pocket. An elderly woman behind the blind man then quickly snatched the bill off the floor and put it into her purse.

"She walked up to the counter and I asked her to please return the $20 bill to the gentleman. She looked at me like 'what are you talking about,'" Prusak said, recounting the incident to TheBlaze. "I asked her again to return it and she said,'No, it's mine I just dropped it.' I told her I'm not going to serve you if you are going to be disrespectful as you are stealing someone's money like that."

"She started getting really angry ... started swearing and whatnot. I stayed relatively calm, I deal with customers on a daily basis. She kept swearing though and I asked her to leave the store. I told her if you aren't going to return the money, you need to leave right now."

"What happened next I would have never expected," an anonymous customer wrote to Dairy Queen, which was later posted on Reddit, sending the story viral. "Your employee approached the young man and took out his wallet and said,'Sir, on behalf of Dairy Queen, I would like to give you the $20 that you happened to drop on the ground as you walked away from the counter.'"

http://news.yahoo.com/story-19-old-dairy-quee...

Clearwater, FL

#168663 Sep 19, 2013
During the second portion of a House Oversight and Government Reform hearing about Benghazi Thursday on Capitol Hill, the majority of Democrats on the Committee left the room and refused to listen to the testimony of Patricia Smith and Charles Woods. Ms. Smith is the mother of Sean Smith, an information management officer killed in the 9/11 Benghazi attack. Charles Woods is the father of Navy SEAL Tyrone Woods, who was also killed.

The far side of the room, shown empty in the photo, belongs to the Democrats. The only Democrats who stayed were Ranking Member Elijah Cummings and Rep. Jackie Speier.

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/201...

Location hidden

#168664 Sep 19, 2013
Tom DeLay Update:

AUSTIN, Texas (AP)— A Texas appeals court tossed the criminal conviction of former U.S. House Majority Leader Tom DeLay on Thursday, saying there was insufficient evidence for a jury in 2010 to have found him guilty of illegally funneling money to Republican candidates.

<SNIP>

Before convicting DeLay, the jury asked whether a crime could be considered money laundering if the money wasn't illegally obtained in the first place. Goodwin said the answer is no, but rather than jurors being told that, the trial judge simply referred them back to the wording of the charges.

"The jury's questions to the trial judge ... point to the lack of evidence showing that the funds involved in the transaction were the proceeds of criminal activity," Goodwin wrote. DeLay did not shy from the spotlight during his legal fight. He was a contestant on ABC's hit television show "Dancing with the Stars" in 2009, and he runs a consulting firm in suburban Houston.

On Thursday, Delay said the case and conviction hadn't been a burden. "I'm not saying it was easy to go through," DeLay said. "On the other hand, if you read the ruling (it says) this is an outrageous criminalization of politics ... in the ruling they say I should have never even been charged, much less indicted."

DeLay's attorney, Brian Wice, said he was confident DeLay would win again if prosecutors pursue an appeal.

http://www.mail.com/news/politics/2344178-con...

Location hidden

#168665 Sep 19, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
During the second portion of a House Oversight and Government Reform hearing about Benghazi Thursday on Capitol Hill, the majority of Democrats on the Committee left the room and refused to listen to the testimony of Patricia Smith and Charles Woods. Ms. Smith is the mother of Sean Smith, an information management officer killed in the 9/11 Benghazi attack. Charles Woods is the father of Navy SEAL Tyrone Woods, who was also killed.
The far side of the room, shown empty in the photo, belongs to the Democrats. The only Democrats who stayed were Ranking Member Elijah Cummings and Rep. Jackie Speier.
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/201...
Democrats don't seem very interested in finding out what caused the deaths of four Americans in Benghazi, or about the lies that were being told to the American people afterward. Democrats seem to be more interested in covering-up, than in the investigation.
Lost In Transition

United States

#168666 Sep 19, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Democrats don't seem very interested in finding out what caused the deaths of four Americans in Benghazi, or about the lies that were being told to the American people afterward. Democrats seem to be more interested in covering-up, than in the investigation.
It's worse than that. No matter the party, when government incompetence gets people needlessly killed, the least they owe the family members is the opportunity to vent. This was sickening.

Clearwater, FL

#168667 Sep 19, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
So I remember like yesterday Wednesday 13 September 2001. For some time it seemed like most in this nation came together, that we really were the United States of America. I miss that. Whatever this is, where hacks pretend evil isn't going on and lie almost with every breath like the coward in the White House is only going to help destroy this once great nation. And the hard times are not even here yet. The fed as as of yesterday is doing all it can to crash us with the funny money pumping and when it hits the fan I wonder will we help each other? I don't care so much about left/right anymore but we are going to need people with courage in leadership. What happened in the oversight hearing today, that's not it.

Clearwater, FL

#168668 Sep 19, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
Tom DeLay Update:
AUSTIN, Texas (AP)— A Texas appeals court tossed the criminal conviction of former U.S. House Majority Leader Tom DeLay on Thursday, saying there was insufficient evidence for a jury in 2010 to have found him guilty of illegally funneling money to Republican candidates.
<SNIP>
Before convicting DeLay, the jury asked whether a crime could be considered money laundering if the money wasn't illegally obtained in the first place. Goodwin said the answer is no, but rather than jurors being told that, the trial judge simply referred them back to the wording of the charges.
"The jury's questions to the trial judge ... point to the lack of evidence showing that the funds involved in the transaction were the proceeds of criminal activity," Goodwin wrote. DeLay did not shy from the spotlight during his legal fight. He was a contestant on ABC's hit television show "Dancing with the Stars" in 2009, and he runs a consulting firm in suburban Houston.
On Thursday, Delay said the case and conviction hadn't been a burden. "I'm not saying it was easy to go through," DeLay said. "On the other hand, if you read the ruling (it says) this is an outrageous criminalization of politics ... in the ruling they say I should have never even been charged, much less indicted."
DeLay's attorney, Brian Wice, said he was confident DeLay would win again if prosecutors pursue an appeal.
http://www.mail.com/news/politics/2344178-con...
Indeed. Can't keep a good man down.

Clearwater, FL

#168669 Sep 19, 2013
Lost In Transition wrote:
<quoted text>
It's worse than that. No matter the party, when government incompetence gets people needlessly killed, the least they owe the family members is the opportunity to vent. This was sickening.
My thoughts exactly. This has not one damn thing to do with left/right. This is our government once again spitting on the very people that took an oath to serve. To hell with every one on those cowards. And Clinton is at the top of the list when she lied from the start blaming a movie.

Location hidden

#168670 Sep 19, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
So this story of life in America will make you happy and cry. If this young man is a reflection I have more hope today than yesterday.
A Minnesota Dairy Queen has been swarmed with dozens of phone calls, hundreds of comments and an influx of business after a story about their 19-year-old manager's courageous defense of a blind man went viral on Reddit.
Joey Prusak, who has been working at the popular fast-food restaurant for nearly five years, told TheBlaze Wednesday he was "shocked" and "sickened" by what he saw happen to a blind man at the hands of an elderly lady.
Prusak said that last Tuesday, one of his frequent guests, a man who is blind, walked into the local Dairy Queen. When the blind man took out his wallet to pay, a $20 bill slipped out of his pocket. An elderly woman behind the blind man then quickly snatched the bill off the floor and put it into her purse.
"She walked up to the counter and I asked her to please return the $20 bill to the gentleman. She looked at me like 'what are you talking about,'" Prusak said, recounting the incident to TheBlaze. "I asked her again to return it and she said,'No, it's mine I just dropped it.' I told her I'm not going to serve you if you are going to be disrespectful as you are stealing someone's money like that."
"She started getting really angry ... started swearing and whatnot. I stayed relatively calm, I deal with customers on a daily basis. She kept swearing though and I asked her to leave the store. I told her if you aren't going to return the money, you need to leave right now."
"What happened next I would have never expected," an anonymous customer wrote to Dairy Queen, which was later posted on Reddit, sending the story viral. "Your employee approached the young man and took out his wallet and said,'Sir, on behalf of Dairy Queen, I would like to give you the $20 that you happened to drop on the ground as you walked away from the counter.'"
http://news.yahoo.com/story-19-old-dairy-quee...
One of the destroyers I was on was home-ported out of the Philadelphia Naval Shipyards. I often ate in a deli known as 'Blind Man's' on the base.(Best sub sandwiches I ever had, and at a fair price). Everyone working in the deli was blind, sandwich makers, cashiers, everyone.

You told them what you wanted, they made it, quickly, and took your order to the cashier, letting them know what it was. The cashier told you the price, and you told them what paper denomination you were giving them. It was an honesty based system, to a point. Occasionally, not often, the cashier would hold up the bill, and holler out what the customer had said the value was... the sighted customers would verbally verify the denomination.

In my many trips to Blind Man's, I never once saw anyone try to get over on those blind folks. I'm not sure it was all due to honesty, possibly it was due more to the fear of what the sailors and yard workers would have done to them if they had tried.

Clearwater, FL

#168671 Sep 19, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
One of the destroyers I was on was home-ported out of the Philadelphia Naval Shipyards. I often ate in a deli known as 'Blind Man's' on the base.(Best sub sandwiches I ever had, and at a fair price). Everyone working in the deli was blind, sandwich makers, cashiers, everyone.
You told them what you wanted, they made it, quickly, and took your order to the cashier, letting them know what it was. The cashier told you the price, and you told them what paper denomination you were giving them. It was an honesty based system, to a point. Occasionally, not often, the cashier would hold up the bill, and holler out what the customer had said the value was... the sighted customers would verbally verify the denomination.
In my many trips to Blind Man's, I never once saw anyone try to get over on those blind folks. I'm not sure it was all due to honesty, possibly it was due more to the fear of what the sailors and yard workers would have done to them if they had tried.
Wow. Sounds like it was a great place. I do think that society in general is going in the wrong direction. But then the kid makes me wonder. One thing I've been witness to is the amount of people that will willingly vote for the guy that says I'll give you a free lunch. Logic says somebody has to pay but its clear about half the nation doesn't care.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#168672 Sep 19, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Admiral Mullen: "The military did everything they possibly could that night. They just couldn't get there in time."
I see Admiral Mullen was privy to al-Qaida's attack schedule, knowing ahead of time when al-Qaida would end the attack. The minute I read someone saying that there wasn't enough time to send in troops, my mind immediately screams COVER-UP!
The truth is, the troops should have been sent. If they got there late, at least they would have tried to save the Consulate and our American citizens. What the good Admiral is trying to sell us is that he knew when the attack would end, and he knew we couldn't have troops there by then.
It's a COVER-UP, not a phony scandal!
A cover-up is mighty scandalous. Phony is not my word, it's Hip's. I forgot you don't read his posts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 2 min Riverside Redneck 59,253
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 12 min Big Al 695,363
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 48 min Big Al 994,028
topix is a joke and unfair to the people who s... (Jan '09) 2 hr Ricky F 27
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 3 hr verykinky 446,246
"You Might Be A Liberal If..." 4 hr Gweedo 2
MESSAGE to Adam Lanza IN HELL 10 hr Doctor REALITY 38
More from around the web