“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#168589 Sep 18, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
World Idiot, is it you?
Amazing how the mind works.
No cut and paste that's been used eleventy-seven times, no reference to war mongers, religous fanatics, or neo-cons.

Nope. Not the waste of cyberspace that is the idiot.

;-)

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#168590 Sep 18, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
If the democrat election machine can get an unqualified, unknown community organizer elected to POTUS by invigorating and rallying an enormous low information base they can most likely get her elected too. Democrats vote for who they're told to vote for.
Guess you folks better learn how to pick a winner, then, and quit running cardboard cutouts, and morons.

Location hidden

#168591 Sep 18, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
If she runs as Mrs. Claus, you may be surprised how many 'low information' folks will run out and vote for their handouts.
As far as Ted Cruz, I can't see how he meets the basic criteria to become a Presidential candidate. That, and the fact that he doesn't have much government experience,(and we see how harmful lack of experience can be), are good reasons to look at other conservatives to run for president... and I love Ted Cruz.
So who would you suggest?

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#168592 Sep 18, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Seriously?
You're going to make an issue out of a common term like peanut gallery?
Um did you see me say peanut gallery? I said "ridicule." mmm,mmm, mmm.

Location hidden

#168593 Sep 18, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Seriously?
You're going to make an issue out of a common term like peanut gallery?
Seriously? You're surprised at this development?

How long have you been posting here, again?

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#168594 Sep 18, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Um did you see me say peanut gallery? I said "ridicule." mmm,mmm, mmm.
Well, gee ...
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>If all of us are the peanut gallery then I do have to ask what the hell you are doing here.
mmm,mmm, mmm, indeed.

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#168595 Sep 18, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>So who would you suggest?
My favorite potential presidential candidate at the moment has very little government experience, but has so much common sense that I think it could make up for it... Doctor Benjamin Carson.

Rand Paul wouldn't disappoint me either, and I'm sure there are others that will fit my Libertarian-conservative bill. No more McLames!

Mr. Peanut made a President Reagan possible, obama should get us one heck of a conservative.

Location hidden

#168596 Sep 18, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Well, gee ...
<quoted text>
mmm,mmm, mmm, indeed.
Dodge...dodge....dodge, I'll bet you're good at video games.

Location hidden

#168597 Sep 18, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
My favorite potential presidential candidate at the moment has very little government experience, but has so much common sense that I think it could make up for it... Doctor Benjamin Carson.
Rand Paul wouldn't disappoint me either, and I'm sure there are others that will fit my Libertarian-conservative bill. No more McLames!
Mr. Peanut made a President Reagan possible, obama should get us one heck of a conservative.
Reagan was acceptable, right up to the point where he invited religion into legislation. After that, it ALL went to hell.

JMO

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#168598 Sep 18, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Reagan was acceptable, right up to the point where he invited religion into legislation. After that, it ALL went to hell.
JMO
I think we may have actually found some common ground here. Isnt that about the time all this Religious Right chit started?

The conservatives sold their souls to the christian coalition to get their votes basically.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#168599 Sep 18, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Dodge...dodge....dodge , I'll bet you're good at video games.
So you did say something about my use of the phrase peanut gallery, but wanting to talk about that instead of responding to your 'you do it toooooooooooooo' about ridicule is dodging?

Location hidden

#168600 Sep 18, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>So you did say something about my use of the phrase peanut gallery, but wanting to talk about that instead of responding to your 'you do it toooooooooooooo' about ridicule is dodging?
My point was, Willie, for your clarification, that you criticize people who do it but you do it more and in a very underhanded way. However I do see in this last post that you are admitting that you ridicule, and that honesty I can appreciate.

Location hidden

#168601 Sep 18, 2013
I cannot believe that Fox gave a one hour interview to Assad. Where do they get off giving that man a voice in this country?

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#168602 Sep 18, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>My point was, Willie, for your clarification, that you criticize people who do it but you do it more and in a very underhanded way. However I do see in this last post that you are admitting that you ridicule, and that honesty I can appreciate.
Are you really going to pretend that your attempt to say "you do it toooooo - and you're the worserest!" needed clarification?

How about I just say you win, and we let this go?

Location hidden

#168603 Sep 18, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Are you really going to pretend that your attempt to say "you do it toooooo - and you're the worserest!" needed clarification?
How about I just say you win, and we let this go?
I'm not interested in winning but I would like you to admit to ridiculing and to refrain from criticizing anyone who does the same. It's hypocritical. And the one thing I thought you weren't was a hypocrite.
HipGnozizzz

Dahinda, IL

#168604 Sep 18, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know about any disorder, Hip (and besides, that's an all but trademarked bailiwick round these parts).
What's easy to recognize is the formula (make exaggerated criticism, await a response to the exaggerated criticism, and then loudly proclaim that the respondent is defending the subject of the criticism rather than protesting the exaggerations).
I'd say the formula is a bit overused (in the sense that the flooded areas in Colorado became a bit over-damp), but then ... because of the political candidates I might support I'm probably not (at least, according to mental midgets and completely ignorant people) normal, so whatta I know?
There it is. If we've learned nothing else here, it's Don't Foller The Red Fishies.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#168605 Sep 18, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not interested in winning but I would like you to admit to ridiculing and to refrain from criticizing anyone who does the same. It's hypocritical. And the one thing I thought you weren't was a hypocrite.
Sure looks like you're interested in winning to me, because you've repeated that I do it tooooooo and worserest several times now.

I didn't say Lyndi was the only person to use ridicule (let alone that she was the worst), I didn't say I never used ridicule.

If you need me to admit something I never denied - I have used ridicule from time to time.

Feel better now?

Location hidden

#168606 Sep 18, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Sure looks like you're interested in winning to me, because you've repeated that I do it tooooooo and worserest several times now.
I didn't say Lyndi was the only person to use ridicule (let alone that she was the worst), I didn't say I never used ridicule.
If you need me to admit something I never denied - I have used ridicule from time to time.
Feel better now?
Somewhat. Could you add to that you do it in a sneaky way? Thanks in advance.
HipGnozizzz

Dahinda, IL

#168607 Sep 18, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
I think we may have actually found some common ground here. Isnt that about the time all this Religious Right chit started?
The conservatives sold their souls to the christian coalition to get their votes basically.
I'd have to say the soul-selling is the other way around. Conservative candidates come around like clock-work every two years or so, intone inanities about God, country, and the abomination of homosexuality, rake in the campaign dollars and votes, and then kick them to the pew for another 18 months. The most recent example? Ask John Dilulio, the director of Bush's much-ballyhooed "Office of Faith Based Initiatives" who resigned in disgust and became a disillusioned critic.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#168608 Sep 18, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Somewhat. Could you add to that you do it in a sneaky way? Thanks in advance.
I prefer snarky, thank you very much.

;0)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min another viewer 973,521
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 9 min PELE78 63,161
"My anger wouldn't let me feel for a 'stranger'" 9 min Doctor REALITY 2
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 12 min Liamm 653,555
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 22 min Ricky F 39,118
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 23 min LAWEST100 618,736
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 25 min Ricky F 53,883
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 10 hr RiccardoFire 106,459
More from around the web