<quoted text>

This is Topix.
You don't know me in life.
Topix is your life.
Morning, noon, night, 24/7/365.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#168492 Sep 16, 2013
Every time there is a shooting, Obama immediately uses it as a way to push gun control legislation. the problem is that no one who works at the Navy yard is allowed to carry a gun.(Maybe some overweight night watchman) So who has the guns? Killers, and the rest are sitting ducks.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#168493 Sep 16, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Willie, I think Roberta's thinking about you.
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>She might think that too.
That would make you both wrong.
Tell you what, though. You show me a single post I've made where I've praised or been complimentary about Obama's handling of Syria, and we can talk.
Until then ... pfffft.
No, I most certainly was NOT thinking about Willie or any other regular in particular.

Please don't either one of you attempt to second-guess me. I absolutely hate that, Bob, NOTHING pisses me off faster or more thoroughly than that does. And Willie, by now YOU ought to know me well enough to realize that if I was directing any particular post to anyone in particular, I'd have said so. I might try to be tactful, but have you ever known me to shy away from speaking directly to you or anyone else?

Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#168494 Sep 16, 2013
lisw wrote:
Every time there is a shooting, Obama immediately uses it as a way to push gun control legislation. the problem is that no one who works at the Navy yard is allowed to carry a gun.(Maybe some overweight night watchman) So who has the guns? Killers, and the rest are sitting ducks.
Obama and other hysterical, chronic anti gun liberals need to learn that random gun violence is a symptom of a problem.
It is precisely the same as alcohol or substance abuse. That abuse is a symptom of an individuals problem and banning or substantally curbing any inanimate object to tha majority of the population who do not abuse it is not a cure and never will be a cure. It's nothing more than a liberal do-gooders band-aid.
Prohibition didn't teach these bozo's anything.

Location hidden

#168495 Sep 16, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Jul 15, 2013
Edward Snowden nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
The nomination is a response to "hasty and ill-conceived decision" to give Barack Obama the prize in 2009
A Swedish professor has nominated Edward Snowden for the Nobel Peace Prize. Russia Today explains:

In his letter addressed to the Norwegian Nobel Committee, Stefan Svallfors praised Snowden for his“heroic effort at great personal cost.” He stated that by revealing the existence and the scale of the US surveillance programs, Snowden showed “individuals can stand up for fundamental rights and freedoms.”
“This example is important because since the Nuremberg trials in 1945 has been clear that the slogan ‘I was just following orders’ is never claimed as an excuse for acts contrary to human rights and freedoms,” Professor Svallfors wrote.

He emphasized that the decision to award the 2013 prize to Edward Snowden would also “help to save the Nobel Peace Prize from the disrepute incurred by the hasty and ill-conceived decision to award US President Barack Obama 2009 award.”
====
Too bad we didn't have a way to save the disrepute of the Presidency of US incurred by the hasty and ill-conceived decision to plop a community organizer into that postion.
The Nobel Peace Prize awarded to AL GORE, then to BARACK OBAMA, and now Snowden is nominated for it?? I wasn't aware of that. There goes the last bit of respect I had left for the honor of what used to be the highest honor the world had to offer anyone.

Too bad Obama's parents weren't sterile.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#168496 Sep 16, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
No, I most certainly was NOT thinking about Willie or any other regular in particular.
Please don't either one of you attempt to second-guess me. I absolutely hate that, Bob, NOTHING pisses me off faster or more thoroughly than that does. And Willie, by now YOU ought to know me well enough to realize that if I was directing any particular post to anyone in particular, I'd have said so. I might try to be tactful, but have you ever known me to shy away from speaking directly to you or anyone else?
Yes, I think if you had me in mind when you wrote the post you'd have said so. You should also know that if I thought you were thinking of me when you wrote that post, I'd have replied TO YOU.

All I said to bobin was that he MIGHT be right, because I wasn't going to speak for you either way.

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#168497 Sep 16, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>She might think that too.
That would make you both wrong.
Tell you what, though. You show me a single post I've made where I've praised or been complimentary about Obama's handling of Syria, and we can talk.
Until then ... pfffft.
It's hard to find a post where you take a stand on anything. You seem to be content sitting on your fence voting 'present', and cheap-shotting others that do have the nerve to express opinions that are contrary to obama's policies.

Actually, that's kinda like our worthless current pResident.

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#168499 Sep 16, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
When you get over your anger, and can calmly think about my reply, you may come to the realization that it was a joke, and I was simply pulling Willie's chain... a favorite pastime of mine.
Lost In Transition

New York, NY

#168500 Sep 16, 2013
lisw wrote:
If that yard had been patrolled by drones, this wouldn't have happened.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#168501 Sep 16, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
It's hard to find a post where you take a stand on anything. You seem to be content sitting on your fence voting 'present', and cheap-shotting others that do have the nerve to express opinions that are contrary to obama's policies.
Actually, that's kinda like our worthless current pResident.
How would you know what I've taken a stand on, bobin?

No mater what I post you'll spin it as a blind defense of Obama. If the subject strays off to something other than Obama, you'll push the conversation back to Obama with all the subtlety of a beer 'n egg fart in a stuck elevator.

You're going to talk to me about cheap shots after trying to hide behind Roberta's skirts?

Pffft.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#168502 Sep 16, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>How would you know what I've taken a stand on, bobin?
No mater what I post you'll spin it as a blind defense of Obama. If the subject strays off to something other than Obama, you'll push the conversation back to Obama with all the subtlety of a beer 'n egg fart in a stuck elevator.
You're going to talk to me about cheap shots after trying to hide behind Roberta's skirts?
Pffft.
No one knows what you've taken a stand on, sir. You don't take stands. You give parsing lessons.

I've yet to see you take a stand on anything besides opposition to the frequent declaration that you're a fence sitter.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#168505 Sep 16, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>No one knows what you've taken a stand on, sir. You don't take stands. You give parsing lessons.
I've yet to see you take a stand on anything besides opposition to the frequent declaration that you're a fence sitter.
I'll have to think about what you say. It's possible that I just don't bother any more.

Location hidden

#168506 Sep 16, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>I'll have to think about what you say. It's possible that I just don't bother any more.
If fence sitting is believing that the extremes are harmful then I am a fence sitter too. We all know that the Ku Klux Klan, the Nazis and hard line communism came to no good and contributed to a great deal of human suffering. The difference is that I believe that Obama is extreme and that left unchecked he will harm this country beyond repair. I have not thought that about any democratic president that I was alive to see.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater, FL

#168508 Sep 16, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
To each his own.
My post was for Clearwater anyway.
Who cares? Clearwater has zero respect from a hateful zero as you. You post thank God you and your wife don't have children and then think I'm going to answer you on anything?
Lost In Transition

United States

#168509 Sep 16, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll have to think about what you say. It's possible that I just don't bother any more.
Another apathetic democrat, beaten down by circumstance.
Damn You, Obama!!

Clearwater, FL

#168511 Sep 16, 2013
lisw wrote:
Not only Obama. Its just so predictable. With no or little facts in hand people are shooting off of the mouth.

Navy Yard Shooting Prompts DC Congresswoman to Talk About 9/11 and ‘All These Guns Loose in the Society’

Del. Eleanor Holmes Norton (D-D.C.) after Monday’s mass shooting at Washington’s Navy Yard launched into an odd aside about the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks and — Americans’ access to firearms?

“We’ve not had a day like this since 9/11 for good reasons,” Rep. Norton said.

She added her “prayers” are with the victims of the terrible attack.

“We cannot know what happened here yet. But I hope that we will reserve judgment until a thorough investigation is done,” she said.

But then she added this:“There is no indication this was a terrorist event. But I hope we all understand that with all these guns loose in the society, it doesn’t take a terrorist to do what was done here today.”

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/09/16/na...

Location hidden

#168512 Sep 16, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares? Clearwater has zero respect from a hateful zero as you. You post thank God you and your wife don't have children and then think I'm going to answer you on anything?
Don't worry Chris, he is a legend only in his own mind.

Clearwater, FL

#168513 Sep 16, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Don't worry Chris, he is a legend only in his own mind.
No worries friend. He is a coward, not much of a man. He pretends to have tolerance but unless he is delusional its clear he has a fear of people that dare to have a backbone.

Clearwater, FL

#168514 Sep 16, 2013
Lost In Transition wrote:
<quoted text>
Another apathetic democrat, beaten down by circumstance.
Damn You, Obama!!
Bingo.

Location hidden

#168515 Sep 16, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Good answer and thanks. I think it has room for all views. Why do you hold marriage sacred? It's obviously not the procreating part. Why not a man and a man? Why not a woman and a woman? It's just a legal contract, right?
No, Tam. It's also a SPIRITUAL contract, between a man and a woman and the Lord, instituted by God Himself.

---

Genesis 2:18 The Lord God said,“It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him.”

19 Now the Lord God had formed out of the ground all the wild animals and all the birds in the sky...20 So the man gave names to all the livestock, the birds in the sky and all the wild animals.

But for Adam no suitable helper was found. 21 So the Lord God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep; and while he was sleeping, He took one of the man’s ribs and then closed up the place with flesh. 22 Then the Lord God made a woman from the rib He had taken out of the man, and He brought her to the man.

23 The man said,

“This is now bone of my bones
and flesh of my flesh;
she shall be called ‘woman,’
for she was taken out of man.”

24 That is why a man leaves his father and mother and is united to his wife, and they become one flesh.

25 Adam and his wife were both naked, and they felt no shame.

---

That other business 10 days ago--that was because you were rude to Chris. Nobody gets to mistreat MY friends without me having something to say about it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 6 min Scaritual 88,463
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 31 min Truthiness 666
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 32 min Michael 665,571
News Goldman's Cohn Said to Be Preferred Candidate f... 33 min discocrisco 1
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 38 min OneMale OneChild 284,674
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr New Age Spiritual... 977,487
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 2 hr gundee123 1,253
Secular Humanism VS Christianity 3 hr Scaritual 269
More from around the web