|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Judged:

Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>Travolta is said to have a house here. Yet to see him. Of course this is the world headquarters of Scientology.
I don't know if you ever come down this way but if you do in the next few days, take Gulf of Mexico Drive. Every year since 2002 the road is lined with (2,974?) American flags, one about every 10 feet for each of the victims of 911. It goes on for a couple of miles - I live out on the island so I see it all the time but it never loses it's impact and it's worth coming down this way to see it.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not really.
I started with no money, and ended up with a lot of money.
I got the best possible education, was careful in selecting career opportunities, worked hard, and earned it.
I owe it all to the values taught me by my parents. My heroes.
"I started..."
"I got..."
"I owe..."
You use the word (I) too often.

But you just can't resist, can you? The exact same point could have been made without using >yourself< in all your glory, as an example.
Your parents forgot to teach you one value which is very important. Humility. Don't always hunt for a way to make everything about ----->YOU. Go out of your way to avoid it.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Judged:

Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
"I started..."
"I got..."
"I owe..."
But you just can't resist, can you? The exact same point could have been made without using >yourself< in all your glory, as an example.
Your parents forgot to teach you one value which is very important. Humility. Don't always hunt for a way to make everything about ----->YOU. Go out of your way to avoid it.
Boy, are you ever a pedant.

I was making a point.

I was.

And you know, that New England education didn't take too well. In your previous post, once again you don't know the difference between the possessive (its) and the contraction (it's).

I suggest time off from Topix and a remedial grammar course.

Humbly yours,

Catcher

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Labor Participation Rate 63.0%

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Judged:

Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, that was one big load of hooey.
I don't normally read Hips nonsense, but I was curious what you were responding to.

Reading it confirmed my previous position... do not read WIR's or Hip's posts... they're a waste of time.

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Judged:

Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, that was one big load of hooey.
Imagine my surprise.

That's alright. Point/Counterpoint is the point. Apparently the right-wing's Muscovite hero du jour didn't give any fresh material for response. Just how do you say "hooey" in Russian?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Judged:

Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
"I started..."
"I got..."
"I owe..."
Doesn't Catcher remind you a lot of obama? It's always I, I, I, me, me, me. Very little use of the words we or us, although he's supposed to represent all of us.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Judged:

HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Imagine my surprise.
That's alright. Point/Counterpoint is the point. Apparently the right-wing's Muscovite hero du jour didn't give any fresh material for response. Just how do you say "hooey" in Russian?
lol-
I don't think Russians have a word for hooey. They just say things like, "I will break you" and that seems to do the trick!
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Boy, are you ever a pedant.
I was making a point.
I was.
And you know, that New England education didn't take too well. In your previous post, once again you don't know the difference between the possessive (its) and the contraction (it's).
I suggest time off from Topix and a remedial grammar course.
Humbly yours,
Catcher
You should learn to take criticism like a man. Attempting to transfer your embarrassment back onto me in the form of "yeah well, your grammar needs work and you should leave Topix" is called simple transference and considering how old you are, it's a ridiculously sophomoric response. And I might remind you, Buttercup, criticizing others is what you do all day, every day on the other forum...... only over there, you have the verbal skills to win without breaking into a sweat. Not quite so easy over here, is it?
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Judged:

BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't Catcher remind you a lot of obama? It's always I, I, I, me, me, me. Very little use of the words we or us, although he's supposed to represent all of us.
It's always about Obama.
It's always about Catcher.

Yep. I can see that. Good one, bobin!

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Judged:

BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you.

To me it's a compliment,

Just so I don't remind you of Zimmerman.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Judged:

Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
You should learn to take criticism like a man. Attempting to transfer your embarrassment back onto me in the form of "yeah well, your grammar needs work and you should leave Topix" is called simple transference and considering how old you are, it's a ridiculously sophomoric response. And I might remind you, Buttercup, criticizing others is what you do all day, every day on the other forum...... only over there, you have the verbal skills to win without breaking into a sweat. Not quite so easy over here, is it?
I am honored that you are my follower.

Your grammar does need some improvement, and I'm here to help.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you.
To me it's a compliment,
Selfishness, self centeredness are compliments to you?

I guess that really doesn't surprise me.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Judged:

Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps, like you, he prefers a challenge...be nice if he posed one occasionally...

When was the last time you posted a criticism-free rant, btw?

Just checking...

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Perhaps, like you, he prefers a challenge...be nice if he posed one occasionally...
When was the last time you posted a criticism-free rant, btw?
Just checking...
You could look to the top of this page..........

You must a skipped that one........

“Mean People Suck”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

HipGnozizzz wrote:
<quoted text>Can't decide which is more ironically appropriate - the right-wing's polemically-driven myopic embrace of the leader of the communist world, or their trumpeting an "editorial" chock-full of Muscovite half-truths and disingenuous claims. Raised and suckled on Faux Noize teats for a generation now, it's no small wonder, I 'spose.....
"The enemy of my enemy is my friend" is what's at play here, not any actual allegiance to Moscow or admiration for Putin.

("Muscovite"? really? ain't seen that one on a message board before ;-)

I'm not sure how much Fox has to do with it, even if they are trumpeting the tune. You saw the same thing on the other side during the Iraq war - a mindless obsession with finding fault with a President you didn't vote for.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>"The enemy of my enemy is my friend" is what's at play here, not any actual allegiance to Moscow or admiration for Putin.
("Muscovite"? really? ain't seen that one on a message board before ;-)
I'm not sure how much Fox has to do with it, even if they are trumpeting the tune. You saw the same thing on the other side during the Iraq war - a mindless obsession with finding fault with a President you didn't vote for.
You won't admit it but you are wrong on this. Fox is not in any way supporting the support of Putin. As for myself my poor husband had to get an earful about "how dare Putin treat our president that way." it's kind of like your own family. You can say what you want about the family member but no one else better say anything.
But I'm used to you and Hip making assumptions. For people who purport to dislike partisanship you are so partisan. And it seems to me it is liberals who were so sure that if the world didn't like Bush than we should not like Bush.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

lisw wrote:
<quoted text>You won't admit it but you are wrong on this. Fox is not in any way supporting the support of Putin. As for myself my poor husband had to get an earful about "how dare Putin treat our president that way." it's kind of like your own family. You can say what you want about the family member but no one else better say anything.
But I'm used to you and Hip making assumptions. For people who purport to dislike partisanship you are so partisan. And it seems to me it is liberals who were so sure that if the world didn't like Bush than we should not like Bush.
I didn't like W. Still don't.

It has nothing to do with what "the world" thought.

But I understand why he was so disliked abroad.

“Mean People Suck”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

lisw wrote:
<quoted text>You won't admit it but you are wrong on this. Fox is not in any way supporting the support of Putin. As for myself my poor husband had to get an earful about "how dare Putin treat our president that way." it's kind of like your own family. You can say what you want about the family member but no one else better say anything.
You're taking "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" way too literally here. I don't think Fox or the posters in this thread are "supporting Putin"; in fact, I kinda thought Hip's reference to Fox was gratuitous.

There are a couple of posters here who seem to share in Putin's delight that he played Obama, and they also share Putin's tendency to exaggerate the value of that victory. That has nothing to do with Putin, of course, but everything to do with the fact that Obama is in the White House.

And, since we're speaking of assumptions - you're not among those I'm talking about.

As to what liberals supposedly said ... I never said that. It's not mine. It has nothing to do with me or my post.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you.
To me it's a compliment,
As it is to most "low information" types.
Catcher1 wrote:
Why would I think you remind me of Mr. Zimmerman, he won his case? Whereas, obama is losing more and more of his foreign policy case concerning Syria as each day passes. The ones winning the Syria case are Putin, Assad and Tehran,(Praise Allah, restart our nuke program).

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
lol-
I don't think Russians have a word for hooey. They just say things like, "I will break you" and that seems to do the trick!
Sure they do. &#1076;&#1077;&#10 88;&#1100;&#1084;& #1086; &#1073;&#1099;&#10 82;&#1072;! It's really handy esp cos "We will break you" requires shoes and such for props.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 160,741 - 160,760 of171,384
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

591 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min gort 715,898
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 6 min Buck Crick 223,034
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 7 min Charlie Sheen 255,557
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 min June VanDerMark 529,651
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 16 min Krackerjacks 114,529
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 19 min Hidingfromyou 93,129
I need nude snapchats!!!! 38 min Randomdude1992 1
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 2 hr Ava 58
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••