Bush is a hero

Since: Sep 10

United States

#168347 Sep 13, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>You won't admit it but you are wrong on this. Fox is not in any way supporting the support of Putin. As for myself my poor husband had to get an earful about "how dare Putin treat our president that way." it's kind of like your own family. You can say what you want about the family member but no one else better say anything.
But I'm used to you and Hip making assumptions. For people who purport to dislike partisanship you are so partisan. And it seems to me it is liberals who were so sure that if the world didn't like Bush than we should not like Bush.
I didn't like W. Still don't.

It has nothing to do with what "the world" thought.

But I understand why he was so disliked abroad.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#168348 Sep 13, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>You won't admit it but you are wrong on this. Fox is not in any way supporting the support of Putin. As for myself my poor husband had to get an earful about "how dare Putin treat our president that way." it's kind of like your own family. You can say what you want about the family member but no one else better say anything.
But I'm used to you and Hip making assumptions. For people who purport to dislike partisanship you are so partisan. And it seems to me it is liberals who were so sure that if the world didn't like Bush than we should not like Bush.
You're taking "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" way too literally here. I don't think Fox or the posters in this thread are "supporting Putin"; in fact, I kinda thought Hip's reference to Fox was gratuitous.

There are a couple of posters here who seem to share in Putin's delight that he played Obama, and they also share Putin's tendency to exaggerate the value of that victory. That has nothing to do with Putin, of course, but everything to do with the fact that Obama is in the White House.

And, since we're speaking of assumptions - you're not among those I'm talking about.

As to what liberals supposedly said ... I never said that. It's not mine. It has nothing to do with me or my post.

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#168349 Sep 13, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you.
To me it's a compliment,
As it is to most "low information" types.
Catcher1 wrote:
Just so I don't remind you of Zimmerman.
Why would I think you remind me of Mr. Zimmerman, he won his case? Whereas, obama is losing more and more of his foreign policy case concerning Syria as each day passes. The ones winning the Syria case are Putin, Assad and Tehran,(Praise Allah, restart our nuke program).

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#168350 Sep 13, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
lol-
I don't think Russians have a word for hooey. They just say things like, "I will break you" and that seems to do the trick!
Sure they do. &#1076;&#1077;&#10 88;&#1100;&#1084;& #1086; &#1073;&#1099;&#10 82;&#1072;! It's really handy esp cos "We will break you" requires shoes and such for props.

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#168351 Sep 13, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am honored that you are my follower.
Your grammar does need some improvement, and I'm here to help.
Rather than waste your time checking grammar, why not try to comprehend what the message is saying. Besides, if you ever read one of WIR's messages, and try to correct his grammatical errors, you'll go to your grave still trying to correct one message.

“The future begins”

every moment

#168352 Sep 13, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>You're taking "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" way too literally here. I don't think Fox or the posters in this thread are "supporting Putin"; in fact, I kinda thought Hip's reference to Fox was gratuitous.
Kinda?

>cheshire cat grin here)

Given the tenor of the previous points trumpeting Putin's ascendancy, the like-for-like ludicrous route seemed appropriate. You got the sober elder statesman gig locked up. We all got our niche.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater, FL

#168353 Sep 13, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know if you ever come down this way but if you do in the next few days, take Gulf of Mexico Drive. Every year since 2002 the road is lined with (2,974?) American flags, one about every 10 feet for each of the victims of 911. It goes on for a couple of miles - I live out on the island so I see it all the time but it never loses it's impact and it's worth coming down this way to see it.
Thanks for the tip. Not quite as big a display but a church in Tampa also had a flag for everyone that was murdered that day. Heard on radio today a teacher gave a writing assignment to her 7th grade class. The task was to imagine you were in the towers or one of the high jacked planes and to write a letter to someone knowing you likely wouldn't live much longer. I liked that. Help them know these were real people that faced that on just another Tuesday morning in September.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater, FL

#168354 Sep 13, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you.
To me it's a compliment,
Just so I don't remind you of Zimmerman.
I'm convinced you libs spend much time doing exactly what you rant and rave about. Its why you go on about homosexuals and Zimmerman each day. Its why you can and did call him "a boy" but you are the more enlightened tolerant one. So you lie as much as the dear leader? Do you also spit on the U.S. flag as those nuts in Washington a few weeks ago?

Pledging Allegiance To The Flag Of The Obama Nation

Read More At Investor's Business Daily: http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials/0827...
Follow us:@IBDinvestors on Twitter | InvestorsBusinessDaily on Facebook

Since: Sep 10

United States

#168355 Sep 13, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm convinced you libs spend much time doing exactly what you rant and rave about. Its why you go on about homosexuals and Zimmerman each day. Its why you can and did call him "a boy" but you are the more enlightened tolerant one. So you lie as much as the dear leader? Do you also spit on the U.S. flag as those nuts in Washington a few weeks ago?
Pledging Allegiance To The Flag Of The Obama Nation
Read More At Investor's Business Daily: http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials/0827...
Follow us:@IBDinvestors on Twitter | InvestorsBusinessDaily on Facebook
Homosexuals?

Huh?

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#168356 Sep 13, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not specifically, other than "he's a Republican"?

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#168357 Sep 13, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>You're taking "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" way too literally here. I don't think Fox or the posters in this thread are "supporting Putin"; in fact, I kinda thought Hip's reference to Fox was gratuitous.
There are a couple of posters here who seem to share in Putin's delight that he played Obama, and they also share Putin's tendency to exaggerate the value of that victory. That has nothing to do with Putin, of course, but everything to do with the fact that Obama is in the White House.
And, since we're speaking of assumptions - you're not among those I'm talking about.
As to what liberals supposedly said ... I never said that. It's not mine. It has nothing to do with me or my post.
Since I know it's a figurative reference it would be really hard for me to take it too literally. If it's about Obama being in the whitehouse maybe it's because much as he'd like to make the comparison, he does not handle himself like Reagan. It's really upsetting to see someone like Putin able to play Obama and then to see him and his press secretary try so hard to spin it that this was the plan all along.

I do have a suggestion. Since you (and Hip) often separate posters into left and right it is really hard to see where I or anyone else on the right is not included in your comments. Just say who your comment is directed at. I do. that may seem rude but it is just an anonymous board.

Location hidden

#168358 Sep 13, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
It has nothing to do with what "the world" thought.
But I understand why he was so disliked abroad.
I did. Still do.

Location hidden

#168359 Sep 13, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
Btw speaking of literal, I finished Tortilla Flats. I get it, I guess Grapes of Wrath appealed to me more because I came to really care about the characters. Not so much in this book. I'm onto Cannery Row.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#168360 Sep 13, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
You could look to the top of this page..........
You must a skipped that one........
How does

"I don't know if you ever come down this way but if you do in the next few days, take Gulf of Mexico Drive. Every year since 2002 the road is lined with (2,974?) American flags, one about every 10 feet for each of the victims of 911. It goes on for a couple of miles - I live out on the island so I see it all the time but it never loses it's impact and it's worth coming down this way to see it."

qualify as a rant?

(just checking)

I miss little...you?

Location hidden

#168361 Sep 13, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Sure they do. It's really handy esp cos "We will break you" requires shoes and such for props.
Too bad Topix can't translate from Russian to English. One needs a phonetic dictionary to decipher it once translated...

Location hidden

#168362 Sep 13, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Since I know it's a figurative reference it would be really hard for me to take it too literally. If it's about Obama being in the whitehouse maybe it's because much as he'd like to make the comparison, he does not handle himself like Reagan. It's really upsetting to see someone like Putin able to play Obama and then to see him and his press secretary try so hard to spin it that this was the plan all along.
I do have a suggestion. Since you (and Hip) often separate posters into left and right it is really hard to see where I or anyone else on the right is not included in your comments. Just say who your comment is directed at. I do. that may seem rude but it is just an anonymous board.
"Since you (and Hip) often separate posters into left and right..."

This amount of irony encompasses more than a zip code...it warrants an AREA code.

Kudos!!

Location hidden

#168363 Sep 13, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Btw speaking of literal, I finished Tortilla Flats. I get it, I guess Grapes of Wrath appealed to me more because I came to really care about the characters. Not so much in this book. I'm onto Cannery Row.
You'll like it better. Just guessing.

Have you read 'The Pearl'?

It's pretty deep....

heh heh heh...

“The future begins”

every moment

#168364 Sep 13, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Since I know it's a figurative reference it would be really hard for me to take it too literally. If it's about Obama being in the whitehouse maybe it's because much as he'd like to make the comparison, he does not handle himself like Reagan. It's really upsetting to see someone like Putin able to play Obama and then to see him and his press secretary try so hard to spin it that this was the plan all along.
Well I know for myself, I don't just toss out right and left in heavy blankets. I'm generally pretty specific with the references, and referring to those who have specifically used same. If one has not used the specified reference, but still feel part of that group, who am I to argue with their intuition?

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#168365 Sep 13, 2013
lisw wrote:
Hip deliberately mimicked the tone of the posts of bobin and Lyndi (at least) on Syria, and that tone was established long before Putin won his chimeric victory and Obama's clumsy attempts to spin it.

Where you got the idea that I thought those posters (let alone Fox) were 'supporting Putin' is a mystery to me, although I thought maybe it stemmed from my using the 'enemies of my enemies' phrase.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#168366 Sep 13, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Btw speaking of literal, I finished Tortilla Flats. I get it, I guess Grapes of Wrath appealed to me more because I came to really care about the characters. Not so much in this book. I'm onto Cannery Row.
I finished Cannery Row early last week and am about 80% done with Cannery Row.

Scary, huh?

;-)

A couple of my great-uncles (maternal grandfather's brothers) could have been Mack and the boys in the Palace Flophouse, which I guess is the reason I could relate to the characters.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 min Catcher1 92,623
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min New Age Spiritual... 667,790
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 33 min Brian_G 445,568
partnership to support the poor and marginalise... 34 min Kwaku_serious 2017 1
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 47 min Pegasus 286,025
Looking for a Magnussen Home Valenza Bedroom Co... 1 hr Cochransngso 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr ffj 979,419
More from around the web