Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2013

Judged:

Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Thre are many, many reasons for that. For one, we've learned a lot since Iraq-especially (I had hoped) about what NOT to do. Plus....
* This country is less than enthusiastic. War weary sums it up.
* The world is less than enthusiastic.
* The country has substantially less wealth, and substantially more debt.
* The NO heard around the world. Great Britain, our closest ally gave a resounding "no siree, Bob" to following this president into war & that by itself is unnerving. When was the last time that happened?
* Only France & Turkey are with us on this one. Big whoop.
* IRAN is a looming peripheral concern.(The other red line.) How could this impact Israel?

* Russia has troops in Syria. We're on very shaky ground with Putin as it is. Could we kill some Russians by mistake? What will be the repercussions from that?
* Have we waited too long?
* It looks screwy to a great many people that we have our war ships in place, tomahawks ready to fly and NOW he's decided to debate it w/ Congress?
* The president didn't have any allies lined up before he opened his big mouth with his red line comment. Disturbing.
* The president didn't have Congress lined up before he opened his big mouth with his red line comment. Disturbing.
* What is the downside of military action? What are the 3-4-5-6 worst case scenarios?
* How long will this thing last? What is the goal? How much will this cost American taxpayers?

* McCain et al have been after Obama,(begging Obama,) to get more engaged on Syria for 2+- years. Weapons to the rebels etc. If memory serves, McCain slipped into Syria fact finding to make a strong case to him while Obama was in New Jeresy eating hotdogs and discussing ferris wheels w/ Chris Christie. Obama later dismissed McCains pleas.
*The president has skirted around congress a number of times and gone the unilateral route which hasn't won him a lot of friends in congress. He never approaches the (republican) House on anything. That crap has consequences.

I don't know yet what we should do but this president has scored a big fat zero with this voter in the competancy department and I can't help but wonder, why now? Why after a virtually unsuccessful presidency does Obama suddenly want do this? Obamacare, his one "big achievement" is flailing, he knows it and he's still on the campaign trail promoting that trainwreck of legislation.

Listen, reports have been coming in for 2+- years about chemical weapons attacks deployed by Assad. This isn't new. Is he worried about his legacy and hoping for a grand slam? Does he need to be a hero to offset global opinion that he's a weakling? He's botched this and the entire Middle East mess including and not limited to Benghazi from the beginning of his administration, has handled this one a$$ backwards and though my gut tells me not now, and not on his watch, I'm still (reluctantly) willing to listen to the debates- Of course that gives Assad ample time to do what needs doing at his end. And you can bet his propaganda machine is already humming and after this event is over, is Assad going to hold a dead child in his arms outside a demolished schoolyard and say to the world, "look what the US did?" Will that work well for us?

I have to say, if you're going to slap a country in the face for atrocities, giving this much notice and airing your military strategy to the public is pretty bizarre imo.
=====

When Obama beckoned Mccain to the White house for a consult this week, I couln't help but laugh. Had McCain won on '08, my guess is the LAST person he would have invited to the White House for a military consult would have been Senator Barack Obama.
AIN'T THAT A PIP!
Politics does make strange bedfellows, doesn't it??

Superb post, Lyndi. I just wish I'd read it sooner :)

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2013

lisw wrote:
<quoted text>I'm totally baffled, but maybe it's because Obama's response has been so weak that they think that hitting him now is silly. It's like wacking the dog with a newspaper after he piddled on the carpet two hours ago. It has been established that Obama did not need congressional approval for a surgical strike. I think this is a political move because he cannot blame republicans if he doesn't get approval. I believe he is totally scared and wishes this would all go away until after the 2014 elections. He looks so weak and fickle.
That's EXACTLY what it is. Me dad, me hubby and me have all been saying for the last week or more. Well said, Lis, every word.

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2013

Judged:

WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Don't think it's about religion ... but then, I don't think you do either.
I'm pretty sure if Clearwater is typing it, it's about religion.

Bigotry and Fundamentalism go hand in hand.

http://www.salon.com/2013/09/05/10_weirdest_r...

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not superstitious.
It brings bad luck.
You should leave the jokes to me, counselor.

It's what I do.

I know, I know. It's subjective. I'm just a visitor here but an important visitor. They gave me 5 parking spaces.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2013

Judged:

Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I know what your point was and in the interest of fluid conversation, it's not relevant.
I contend that this bitchy little post of yours exposes you of your sheer annoyance that the king whom you supported has had to publically scrape & grovel for both American support and global support the latter of which he doesn't have and he'll never get.
You have my sympathy but trust me, it's not fun for any of us to have to watch the POTUS dance for some backing to prove we care deeply about our fellow man. What's that tell you?

Elections have consequences and this one is yours. Deal with it.
Btw, what is the presidents plan to help the millions of Syrians pouring into Iraq, Egypt and Turkey mad as hell at the US for waiting so long? Shall we take up a collection here on topix.... or pull a Scarlett o'Hara and think about that one tomorrow?
Frankly, my dear, I think the fictional Scarlett O'Hara is far more competent to handle this little dilemma than our Barry is.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2013

Judged:

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
You guys just take the cake. It is very clear that Chris was talking about reverse discrimination. A black man put a white man in a coma for no other reason than he was white and a good target. He is wondering whether this will bother anyone and also thinking (I believe) that Obama has tended to worsen things for black people, not make them better. So this makes him a bigot? I've heard it all. I do sometime hope that some of the men here experience reverse discrimination and know what woman know all too well. I promise to be empathetic.
UIDIOTRACEMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2013

Judged:

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks! I'm recovering!
U have a nice time, i'll come just sometimes, to say hi and bye, see ya! Say hi to Tide for me!
Keep safe!!
You got to take good care of yourself! How you get cut?

Get better!

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2013

Judged:

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Xtain Fundamentalism got hold of US military, it's bad!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2013

Judged:

BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
It's hard to tell who is playing obama the most, the Chinese, the Russians, an-Qaida, or the Muslim Brotherhood. Weaken us by forcing barry to waste U.S. resources on a country that isn't even a threat to it. Re-enforcing the World's view of the USA as a bully that picks on the weak, but is afraid to confront the big guys. Classic.
<quoted text>

obama doesn't give a damn about Syrians, this is about saving face.
Yep. That's ANOTHER thing I've been saying all week. I'm honestly not sure whether we should strike Syria or take any other kind of action--I see pros and cons for just about any alternative. But I AM 100% certain that whatever Obama decides will be to save his own pretty face, NOT because he cares about Syria.

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2013

Judged:

lisw wrote:
<quoted text>You guys just take the cake. It is very clear that Chris was talking about reverse discrimination. A black man put a white man in a coma for no other reason than he was white and a good target. He is wondering whether this will bother anyone and also thinking (I believe) that Obama has tended to worsen things for black people, not make them better. So this makes him a bigot? I've heard it all. I do sometime hope that some of the men here experience reverse discrimination and know what woman know all too well. I promise to be empathetic.
Hi. I'm River.

Have we met?

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2013

Judged:

Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. That's ANOTHER thing I've been saying all week. I'm honestly not sure whether we should strike Syria or take any other kind of action--I see pros and cons for just about any alternative. But I AM 100% certain that whatever Obama decides will be to save his own pretty face, NOT because he cares about Syria.
What difference does it make, our US is warlike Culture been at war and war and many wars since Inception of Empire. Do the research if you don't believe me.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2013

Judged:

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi. I'm River.
Have we met?
whats up ? You forgot to add a picture tonight ?

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2013

Judged:

Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed. Like how I feel when you bash Christians. But of course that doesn't count, ask Chaser.
Why do chaser, kathy ... feel the way they feel? You should know ugliness of what right wing Christians did to world, the wars on human race... so? Do you want to know?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2013

Judged:

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi. I'm River.
Have we met?
Probably not. Lis doesn't usually associate with mean little pissants like you.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2013

Judged:

Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed. Like how I feel when you bash Christians. But of course that doesn't count, ask Chaser.
Back the truck up...I don't BASH Christians. I point out their inconsistencies.

If you feel that's BASHING, hon, that says WAY more about you than me.

Just saying.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2013

Judged:

lisw wrote:
<quoted text>You guys just take the cake. It is very clear that Chris was talking about reverse discrimination. A black man put a white man in a coma for no other reason than he was white and a good target. He is wondering whether this will bother anyone and also thinking (I believe) that Obama has tended to worsen things for black people, not make them better. So this makes him a bigot? I've heard it all. I do sometime hope that some of the men here experience reverse discrimination and know what woman know all too well. I promise to be empathetic.
You would screen bloody hell if the scenario was reversed.

I did research on Race and wars and murders...! If murder is attempt by the White most time get away free, with a get out of jail card or with limited jail term, less than few weeks/ months a year or less, and with no /little monetary reparation of couple thousand dollars to the murdered victims' family of the people of color ( Blacks, Asians...).

Now , if you are a people of color murdered a white man will get the full jail term more than few years to a decade or more , and the White murdered victim family receive full monetary compensation in hundreds of thousand or million dollars for a life!

Life is cheap if you are a color person in the US! What justice, so?

I wonder what Catcher or anyone will say about this?

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2013

Judged:

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Di you forget about race and nationalism and interrelationships?

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2013

Judged:

Chris Clearwater wrote:
Mlk jr. was a great person. What a shame to witness America in 2013. How far we have sunk.
Sure you like him, in peoples face yea but your heart says no! Stop being a hypocrite! So?

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2013

Judged:

ADD Few poster caught you in heat christ unclearwater! BSWHAHAHAHahaaaa! So? You gonna be pissy ?

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2013

Judged:

UIDIOTRACEMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>whats up ? You forgot to add a picture tonight ?
Topix doesn't like the one I chose.

It's not my fault.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

484 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 6 min RiccardoFire 93,807
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min thewordofme 721,883
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min June VanDerMark 533,265
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 9 min shyam 4,863
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 17 min MUQ1 256,837
Cars.......and then REAL CARS 19 min Doctor REALITY 1
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 28 min MUQ1 36,543
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 38 min Mandela 115,458
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 6 hr SimmerExtreme 85
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••