Bush is a hero
UIDIOTRACEMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#167706 Sep 2, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, Snerdley, but don't waste your time on the World Idiot. Nobody else does. Pay no attention to It.
You biggest world Global idiot, you kind are destroyers of US and nations , you not builders of social welfarer of peace, liberty, human rights, for poor and hungry...! Because mosst of you so up in being brainwashed sheeoples of Corporatism and Fascism, war-for-profiteering ... and with Jingoist pride you forgot about humanity sufferings...,so you telling them to ignore me because you and others don't have intellectual counters for my posts, so only unwise advise is telling others to Ignore me, what are you controller of others, you mean people don't have freedoom to choose, you sound like Hitler... WBHAHHAHAHAHAaa

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#167707 Sep 2, 2013
Snerdley wrote:
I do find a certain irony here regarding our possible incursion into Syria over the same WMDs that got us to go into Iraq. I wonder, as they continue to move around the globe, if we will be able to track the wars that follow in their wake?
Hate Bush over Iraq invasion
Love Obama over Syrian invasion
Same weapons.
you do know that door swings both ways, right?

No ... you probably don't, since you think Obama's talked about invading Syria.

United States

#167708 Sep 2, 2013
Snerdley wrote:
<quoted text>
You make no sense. She doesn't want war. What do you mean by this?
LOL! Know what NeoCon is , and its Leo Straussian philosophy of political context means ...? If you can't answer my post , you and like most on Topix are intellectually Challenged , sheeoples to cleaners! BAHAHHAHAHAH I waiting for you to answer my posts, are you up to it?

Yet another ignorant ignoramus of mendacious Obsequious Subservient in our mere presence. Sadly for most us Americans are ignorant what our nation leaders are doing , let along understand world . bill maher correct it his aSSESSMENTS ABOURT MOST OF OURv Dumb Down Americans.

United States

#167709 Sep 2, 2013
Tacitus

"
To plunder, to slaughter, to steal, these things they misname empire; and where they make a wilderness, they call it peace.

United States

#167710 Sep 2, 2013
bad Bob favorite malodorious ShakeSPEARian love, hide the smell with pompous airy perfume of unwashed bodies ... BWHAHAHAHAHahhaaaa

King Lear, Act 4,

Tis the time's plague when madmen lead the blind.

United States

#167711 Sep 2, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said. I'm thoroughly sick of the world expecting America to be its policeman, banker, nanny and doctor, then crying "NO FAIR! IMPERIALISM!" when we try. Let the rest of the world go hang. We've got our own problems to keep us busy for awhile.
Yep you and those, whether knowingly or unknowning supported right wing agendas had made a big mess at home and abroad with Us war machines - include Kinetics wars and Economics wars. And here you have nerve to complained, another you sheeoples to cleaners. BAHHAHAAHahha Caught you again1 BAHHAHAhahaa

United States

#167712 Sep 2, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
In the abstract, I agree.
Jean Paul Sartre
When the rich make war, it's the poor that die.

United States

#167713 Sep 2, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>you do know that door swings both ways, right?
No ... you probably don't, since you think Obama's talked about invading Syria.
You forgot to tell him there is another the US Golden Door , hidden from view and locked, only for certain eyes. I hope you , the brain, have the right brain to figure what i'm talking about out. so? Let work you Brain, you smartest one of bunch here. If u don't answer, they will lose respect for you the Brain of this outfit here. Bwhahahahhaaaa!

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#167714 Sep 2, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry Bobin but you are wrong and Catcher is (gulp) right. Crimes against humanity have got to be hit hard. What is crazy to me is that you have the same people who swore we should not have taken out Saddam, claiming we should attack Syria.
I'll rub some salve on your wounds :)

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#167715 Sep 2, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry Bobin but you are wrong and Catcher is (gulp) right. Crimes against humanity have got to be hit hard. What is crazy to me is that you have the same people who swore we should not have taken out Saddam, claiming we should attack Syria.
Does it also drive you crazy that you also have the same people who swore we should have taken out Saddam, claiming we should not attack Syria?

United States

#167716 Sep 2, 2013

-sunshine wrote:
<quoted text>
Revealed: Britain sold nerve gas chemicals to Syria 10 months after 'civil unrest' began
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-ne ...

BRITAIN allowed firms to sell chemicals to Syria capable of being used to make nerve gas, the Sunday Mail can reveal today.

Export licences for potassium fluoride and sodium fluoride were granted months after the bloody civil war in the Middle East began.

The chemical is capable of being used to make weapons such as sarin, thought to be the nerve gas used in the attack on a rebel-held Damascus suburb which killed nearly 1500 people, including 426 children, 10 days ago.

President Bashar Assad’s forces have been blamed for the attack, leading to calls for an armed response from the West.

British MPs voted against joining America in a strike. But last night, President Barack Obama said he will seek the approval of Congress to take military action.

The chemical export licences were granted by Business Secretary Vince Cable’s Department for Business, Innovation and Skills last January – 10 months after the Syrian uprising began.

They were only revoked six months later, when the European Union imposed tough sanctions on Assad’s regime.

Yesterday, politicians and anti-arms trade campaigners urged Prime Minister David Cameron to explain why the licences were granted.

Dunfermline and West Fife Labour MP Thomas Docherty, who sits on the House of Commons’ Committees on Arms Export Controls, plans to lodge Parliamentary questions tomorrow and write to Cable.

He said:“At best it has been negligent and at worst reckless to export material that could have been used to create chemical weapons.

“MPs will be horrified and furious that the UK Government has been allowing the sale of these ingredients to Syria.

“What the hell were they doing granting a licence in the first place?

“I would like to know what investigations have been carried out to establish if any of this
material exported to Syria was subsequently used in the attacks on its own people.”

The SNP’s leader at Westminster, Angus Robertson MP, said:“I will be raising this in Parliament as soon as possible to find out what examination the UK Government made of where these chemicals were going and what they were to be used for.

“Approving the sale of chemicals which can be converted into lethal weapons during a civil war is a very serious issue.

“We need to know who these chemicals were sold to, why they were sold, and whether the UK Government were aware that the chemicals could potentially be used for chemical weapons.

“The ongoing humanitarian crisis in Syria makes a full explanation around these shady deals even more important.”

United States

#167717 Sep 2, 2013
Yep Wars and all do Follow the dirty money, you get you answers ...

United States

#167718 Sep 2, 2013
Kevin Phillips, Wealth and Democracy, p35
"
Each of the six major U.S. inflation waves came out of a war.

United States

#167719 Sep 2, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll rub some salve on your wounds :)
interjecting you post addressed to LISW, you and your group show no empathy ---> Cruel !

Chris Hedges, War is a Force that Gives Us Meaning, p13
"
While we venerate and mourn our own dead we are curiously indifferent about those we kill. Thus killing is done in our name, killing that concerns us little, while those who kill our own are seen as having crawled out of the deepest recesses of the earth, lacking our own humanity and goodness. Our dead. Their dead. They are not the same. Our dead matter, theirs do not.

United States

#167720 Sep 2, 2013
Joshua Meyrowitz, Web of Lies, In These Times, Sept 2003, p19
"
Historically, U.S. administrations have decided on the military actions they wanted to take, and then invented the stories that the Congress and the public needed to believe to support the actions.

United States

#167721 Sep 2, 2013
Eric Leaver,
Norman Solomon,American journalist, media critic, antiwar activist,...
( Masters of War, ed Carl Boggs, p256)

If the U.S. takes military action using the cover of the United Nations, what is to prevent other countries from launching their own military attacks in the name of enforcement of UN resolutions—against Turkey in Cyprus, or Morocco in Western Sahara, or Israel in Palestine? This is precisely the reason why the doctrine of preemptive force is a dangerous policy for the United States to pursue.

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#167722 Sep 3, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Does it also drive you crazy that you also have the same people who swore we should have taken out Saddam, claiming we should not attack Syria?
Obviously the two are not the same. Saddam was a threat to Americans, and he was thought to have WMDs,(probably some of the same stuff that Assad now has). Assad is no threat to the USA, or Americans.

The UN Security Council unanimously supported President Bush's Iraq invasion, both Houses of Congress authorized President Bush's war plan, by majorities of over 2/3rds and 3/4ths. And, over 60% of the American population supported taking out the Saddam administration.

I'll let you provide the support numbers for involving ourselves in Syria... and that's not even considering putting boots on the ground, as we did in Iraq. obama has almost no support for wasting U.S. resources in an illegal, unilateral assault on Syria to back up his silly "red line" threat. It will be interesting to hear what deals and bribes barry will be making to try to get enough Congress-critters to provide him Congressional cover for his illegal attack on Syria. President Bush didn't need to do that to get his overwhelming bi-partisan support to attack Iraq.

The two aren't even close to being the same. That's why President Bush had so much support, and obama has so many protests.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#167723 Sep 3, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously the two are not the same. Saddam was a threat to Americans, and he was thought to have WMDs,(probably some of the same stuff that Assad now has). Assad is no threat to the USA, or Americans.
The UN Security Council unanimously supported President Bush's Iraq invasion, both Houses of Congress authorized President Bush's war plan, by majorities of over 2/3rds and 3/4ths. And, over 60% of the American population supported taking out the Saddam administration.
I'll let you provide the support numbers for involving ourselves in Syria... and that's not even considering putting boots on the ground, as we did in Iraq. obama has almost no support for wasting U.S. resources in an illegal, unilateral assault on Syria to back up his silly "red line" threat. It will be interesting to hear what deals and bribes barry will be making to try to get enough Congress-critters to provide him Congressional cover for his illegal attack on Syria. President Bush didn't need to do that to get his overwhelming bi-partisan support to attack Iraq.
The two aren't even close to being the same. That's why President Bush had so much support, and obama has so many protests.
This one's for you, Bobin!(It has nothing to do w/ Syria)

Very funny! It's about 10 seconds long - Don't forget to turn the volume up high....

http://www.youtube.com/embed/Vt7FDTpzGvo...
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#167724 Sep 3, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Does it also drive you crazy that you also have the same people who swore we should have taken out Saddam, claiming we should not attack Syria?
Thre are many, many reasons for that. For one, we've learned a lot since Iraq-especially (I had hoped) about what NOT to do. Plus....

* This country is less than enthusiastic. War weary sums it up.
* The world is less than enthusiastic.
* The country has substantially less wealth, and substantially more debt.
* The NO heard around the world. Great Britain, our closest ally gave a resounding "no siree, Bob" to following this president into war & that by itself is unnerving. When was the last time that happened?
* Only France & Turkey are with us on this one. Big whoop.
* IRAN is a looming peripheral concern.(The other red line.) How could this impact Israel?
* Russia has troops in Syria. We're on very shaky ground with Putin as it is. Could we kill some Russians by mistake? What will be the repercussions from that?
* Have we waited too long?
* It looks screwy to a great many people that we have our war ships in place, tomahawks ready to fly and NOW he's decided to debate it w/ Congress?
* The president didn't have any allies lined up before he opened his big mouth with his red line comment. Disturbing.
* The president didn't have Congress lined up before he opened his big mouth with his red line comment. Disturbing.
* What is the downside of military action? What are the 3-4-5-6 worst case scenarios?
* How long will this thing last? What is the goal? How much will this cost American taxpayers?
* McCain et al have been after Obama,(begging Obama,) to get more engaged on Syria for 2+- years. Weapons to the rebels etc. If memory serves, McCain slipped into Syria fact finding to make a strong case to him while Obama was in New Jeresy eating hotdogs and discussing ferris wheels w/ Chris Christie. Obama later dismissed McCains pleas.
*The president has skirted around congress a number of times and gone the unilateral route which hasn't won him a lot of friends in congress. He never approaches the (republican) House on anything. That crap has consequences.

I don't know yet what we should do but this president has scored a big fat zero with this voter in the competancy department and I can't help but wonder, why now? Why after a virtually unsuccessful presidency does Obama suddenly want do this? Obamacare, his one "big achievement" is flailing, he knows it and he's still on the campaign trail promoting that trainwreck of legislation.

Listen, reports have been coming in for 2+- years about chemical weapons attacks deployed by Assad. This isn't new. Is he worried about his legacy and hoping for a grand slam? Does he need to be a hero to offset global opinion that he's a weakling? He's botched this and the entire Middle East mess including and not limited to Benghazi from the beginning of his administration, has handled this one a$$ backwards and though my gut tells me not now, and not on his watch, I'm still (reluctantly) willing to listen to the debates- Of course that gives Assad ample time to do what needs doing at his end. And you can bet his propaganda machine is already humming and after this event is over, is Assad going to hold a dead child in his arms outside a demolished schoolyard and say to the world, "look what the US did?" Will that work well for us?

I have to say, if you're going to slap a country in the face for atrocities, giving this much notice and airing your military strategy to the public is pretty bizarre imo.
=====
When Obama beckoned Mccain to the White house for a consult this week, I couln't help but laugh. Had McCain won on '08, my guess is the LAST person he would have invited to the White House for a military consult would have been Senator Barack Obama.
AIN'T THAT A PIP!

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#167725 Sep 3, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
In the abstract, I agree.
https://www.facebook.com/photo .php?fbid=592244040813836& set=a.112478365457075.7231.107 705785934333&type=1&th eater

These folks are the ones whose opinion matters - they agree too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 'Fake News' Con: A Case Study 38 min coco 57
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Brandy trujillo 980,109
Ring Payments 1 hr annaleighanne 1
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr -KENTUCKY- 100,153
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 hr guest 670,272
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 9 hr Peter Ross 445,651
Any hot teen girl wanna email me (Mar '12) 9 hr idk 8
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 10 hr NIST 286,454
More from around the web