Bush is a hero
UIDIOTRACEMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#167688 Sep 2, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Blah blah blah blah, yada yada yada. Stooopid parrot.
Yap Yap Yap Yapping Yappity Yap! Oh the War hawk is Screaching mAD like wild animal! BWHHAHAHAHhahahaaaaa
Snerdley

Denver, CO

#167689 Sep 2, 2013
UIDIOTRACEMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>Most likely to Fool most of our dumbed down Stupid Americans and to us into Jingoist spirit to support another illegal war overseas! Evil is it not?
It is evil. The world is falling apart and it has nothing to do with American patriotism. It has everything to do with inept leadership.

Did you graduate from Berkeley?

United States

#167690 Sep 2, 2013
Howard Zinn, Terrorism and War, p55

The United States has consistently opposed the, creation of an international war crimes tribunal because it could be used against people in the U.S. government and military. They are very explicit about it. In effect, the government is saying, "Yes, we have people who could be accused of having committed war crimes." The United States wants to find other people who have committed war crimes, but an American by definition cannot commit a war crime.
Snerdley

Denver, CO

#167691 Sep 2, 2013
UIDIOTRACEMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>U warmongering neocons sinned so many times, you love it! Stop fooling yourselves! BWABHAHAHAHAHAH caught you !
You make no sense. She doesn't want war. What do you mean by this?
Snerdley

Denver, CO

#167692 Sep 2, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
You noticed.
Like I was smacked between the eyes.

United States

#167693 Sep 2, 2013
ormer Lieutenant Robert O. Muller of the United States marines, a much decorated American hero

Heroes, John Pilger, p114

There are 280,000 veterans of Vietnam in New York alone and a third of them can't find jobs. Throughout America sixty per cent of all black veterans are unemployed. Almost half of all Vietnam veterans have problems with alcohol and drugs, and just as many are probably dying now from the effects of poisons we dumped over there as died on the battlefield.

You people out there, who didn't go, ran a number on us, right? Your guilt, your hang-ups made it socially unacceptable to mention the fact that we fought in Vietnam. We wear artificial limbs so you won't know we're disabled veterans.

Why do we feel like we just held up a bank when someone asks about our wounds? Why do we feel that we must be guilty for letting America down or, if we're critical of America, we can't explain even to ourselves why we went over there and needlessly killed civilians?

Eight of my friends, with dead legs like these, killed themselves when they got home; we've got the highest suicide rate in America ... that's all I want to say to you today.

United States

#167694 Sep 2, 2013
Ramsey Clark , former US marine , Attorney General Activist...
( Another World Is Possible, book, p81)

The greatest crime . has been US foreign policy.

United States

#167695 Sep 2, 2013
The Democratic Facade,
Daniel Hellinger and Dennis R. Judd,, p51

The media has substantially agreed since 1983 to censor itself when covering military actions.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#167696 Sep 2, 2013
Snerdley wrote:
<quoted text>
You're so quick to decide the fate of our military men and women. I think Sister Lust made a good point in regards to your level of commitment. I am no clone, that implies I can't think for myself.
War is ugly. People die every day in lots of terrible ways. It doesn't mean that we go to war each and every time it happens.
In the abstract, I agree.

United States

#167697 Sep 2, 2013
Seymour Hersh on Mai Lai massacre (Mai Lai 4)
Pentagon Propaganda Machine, p155

"
One brigade commander ran a contest to celebrate his unit's 10,000th enemy kill. The winning GI received a week's pass to stay in the colonel's personal quarters. Many battalions staged contests among their rifle companies for the highest score in enemy kills, with the winning unit getting additional time for passes.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#167698 Sep 2, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe it's time to break that cycle, and stay out of conflicts that do not threaten the USA or its citizens. The UN was set
up to maintain World Peace... it's time they do it. If they won't or cannot, then let those that are threatened take care of it.
A nuclear Iran does present a direct threat to the USA, the Middle East and World peace... I'd support an attack on Iran in a minute, and I would hope we'd have a multi-national coalition to help us in taking them out.
An added plus, Iran is the Assad regimes biggest supporter.

<quoted text>
Our Congress, like juries, sometimes surprise me, and actually do the right thing. I pray they tell obama to go pound sand. We don't need to waste our soldiers, or treasure, fighting battles that are not in our best interest. It's time to give up the World's Police position.
Well said. I'm thoroughly sick of the world expecting America to be its policeman, banker, nanny and doctor, then crying "NO FAIR! IMPERIALISM!" when we try. Let the rest of the world go hang. We've got our own problems to keep us busy for awhile.

United States

#167699 Sep 2, 2013
Democracy Facade, Daniel Hellinger and Dennis Judd, p206
k "
Military planners and political leaders realized that implementing this grand design would require mobilizing the American people into a permanent state of quasi-war. Accordingly, an emotional substitute for an official state of war would have to be devised. In 1944, Charles E. Wilson, president of General Electric and later Director of Defense Mobilization under President Truman and Secretary of Defense under President Eisenhower, warned in an internal memo that

“... the revulsion against war not too long hence will be an almost insuperable obstacle for us to overcome. For | that reason, I am convinced that we must begin now to set the machinery in motion for a permanent war economy

United States

#167700 Sep 2, 2013
Noam Chomsky, Media Control, p30

It is ... necessary to whip up the population in support of foreign adventures... The public sees no reason to get involved in foreign adventures, killing, and torture. So you have to whip them up. And to whip them up you have to frighten them.

United States

#167701 Sep 2, 2013
Our Media Not Theirs, Robert McChesney & John Nichols, p36
In nearly every major war the United States has fought over the past century, the administration in power has lied through its teeth to generate public support, because it feared the people would not approve of war were they told the truth.

United States

#167702 Sep 2, 2013
veteran of World War II

Gore Vidal, Dreaming War, p39

Odd that Bush and Cheney are so delighted to put us at war when, during Vietnam, they were both what we used to call draft dodgers.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#167703 Sep 2, 2013
Snerdley wrote:
<quoted text>
You make no sense. She doesn't want war. What do you mean by this?
Thanks, Snerdley, but don't waste your time on the World Idiot. Nobody else does. Pay no attention to It.

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#167704 Sep 2, 2013
Snerdley wrote:
<quoted text>
It is evil. The world is falling apart and it has nothing to do with American patriotism. It has everything to do with inept leadership.
Did you graduate from Berkeley?
Surly you don't mean the university, you must be thinking of the grade school?

United States

#167705 Sep 2, 2013
James Madison

"
Of all the enemies to public liberty, war is, perhaps, the most to be dreaded because it comprises and develops the germ of every other. As the parent of armies, war encourages debts and taxes, the known instruments for bringing the many under the domination of the few. In war, too, the discretionary power of the executive is extended ... and all the means of seducing the minds, are added to those of subduing the force of the people.

United States

#167706 Sep 2, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, Snerdley, but don't waste your time on the World Idiot. Nobody else does. Pay no attention to It.
You biggest world Global idiot, you kind are destroyers of US and nations , you not builders of social welfarer of peace, liberty, human rights, for poor and hungry...! Because mosst of you so up in being brainwashed sheeoples of Corporatism and Fascism, war-for-profiteering ... and with Jingoist pride you forgot about humanity sufferings...,so you telling them to ignore me because you and others don't have intellectual counters for my posts, so only unwise advise is telling others to Ignore me, what are you controller of others, you mean people don't have freedoom to choose, you sound like Hitler... WBHAHHAHAHAHAaa

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#167707 Sep 2, 2013
Snerdley wrote:
I do find a certain irony here regarding our possible incursion into Syria over the same WMDs that got us to go into Iraq. I wonder, as they continue to move around the globe, if we will be able to track the wars that follow in their wake?
Hate Bush over Iraq invasion
Love Obama over Syrian invasion
Same weapons.
you do know that door swings both ways, right?

No ... you probably don't, since you think Obama's talked about invading Syria.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 13 min RiccardoFire 46,194
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 43 min Catcher1 110,267
snapchat dirty pics shemale (May '14) 1 hr Cali4real12 30
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 hr Bongo 12
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr President DonJ Trump 675,587
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 hr waaasssuuup 982,210
immigrant muslims in new jersey are destroying ... 6 hr Sethlong 5
More from around the web