Bush is a hero
Anon

Cleveland, OH

#167641 Sep 2, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry Bobin but you are wrong and Catcher is (gulp) right. Crimes against humanity have got to be hit hard. What is crazy to me is that you have the same people who swore we should not have taken out Saddam, claiming we should attack Syria.
Have you given any thought as to how this will affect the already strained U.S.- Russia relations? If Assad is as unpredictable as claimed, what's to stop him from initiating possible terrorist attacks on American soil in retaliation? From what I have read, it appears very little will be gained from a limited attack, as opposed to the unforeseen circumstances that action may create. With the ongoing chaos in the Middle East, I don't think stirring the pot further is a prudent course of action. I'm relieved that Britain came to its senses, I hope America will also see the light.

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#167642 Sep 2, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry Bobin but you are wrong and Catcher is (gulp) right. Crimes against humanity have got to be hit hard. What is crazy to me is that you have the same people who swore we should not have taken out Saddam, claiming we should attack Syria.
I'm not saying that someone shouldn't make Assad pay for using chemical weapons... if that's actually who did use them. I'm saying it's not our fight, let the UN organize a response, or Syria's neighbors, but not us. Syria under Assad is no threat to the USA or our citizens.

As I see it, we have our enemy Assad fighting our enemies in al-Qaida and the Muslim Brotherhood, both with access to chemical weapons... helping which group is in our best interests?

UIDIOTRACDMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#167643 Sep 2, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
OK then.
Clarity is all I requested.
I happen to disagree with the Lust/Texas Bob position.
It nis really about USD/OIl Hegemony and other Ill money Hegemonic agendas not about protecting... Our US interest goes way back, only interest in Mid east African ARE for raw resources like Petro...

It just US False flag ops.

---

General Wesley Clark in his book "Winning Modern Wars: Iraq, Terrorism and the American Empire"

As I went back through the Pentagon in November 2001, one of the senior military staff officers had time for a chat. Yes, we were still on track for going against Iraq, he said. But there was more. This was being discussed as part of a five-year campaign plan, he said, and there were a total of seven countries, beginning with Iraq, then Syria, Lebanon, Libya, Iran, Somalia and Sudan.

Paul Craig Roberts, an American economist and a columnist for Creators Syndicate. He served as an Assistant Secretary of the Treasury in the Reagan Admin.(Left after 1st term because US corruption /criminality..)
Rob Kall Radio Show 9/11/12

The real policy is to break up countries in the Middle East, and leave them in turmoil with warring factions like Libya and Syria today. And, the same in Iraq. The violence in Iraq is as high as it was during the Iraqi War.

What Washington learned was that to defeat and occupy these countries is impossible. But, we can leave them at each others throats. And, we do that by destroying the secular government.

Iraq had a secular government, Syria has a secular government, So we go in there and destroy the secular government, and all of the sects fight and destroy one another from then on. Then these countries are no longer able to keep us from dominating the area or preventing China ...from accessing the energy resources of these countries.

Whitlock, Craig (April 18, 2011). "U.S. secretly backed Syrian opposition groups, cables released by WikiLeaks show".
Washington Post. Retrieved January 11, 2012.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#167644 Sep 2, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not saying that someone shouldn't make Assad pay for using chemical weapons... if that's actually who did use them. I'm saying it's not our fight, let the UN organize a response, or Syria's neighbors, but not us. Syria under Assad is no threat to the USA or our citizens.
As I see it, we have our enemy Assad fighting our enemies in al-Qaida and the Muslim Brotherhood, both with access to chemical weapons... helping which group is in our best interests?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Eq5BJMYU4EIXX
Like the UN made Saddam Hussein accountable?

Location hidden

#167645 Sep 2, 2013
lisw wrote:
BTW, obama's does not intend to remove Assad from power, or destroy his chemical weapons stores... getting ourselves involved in a unilateral and illegal act of war with no significant accomplishments as our goal seems silly. I'll guarantee you that Assad is hiding his military resources while obama patiently waits for Congress to return from their break. If all we plan to do is spend a few days firing expensive missles at more "aspirin factories", killing people that had nothing to do with using those chemical weapons, why bother.

As I've said, Assad is currently no threat to the United States. If we commit an unprovoked and illegal act of war against him, we may have some of those chemical weapons going off in NYC. If we weaken Assad, allowing al-Qaida and the Muslim Brotherhood rebels to obtain control of Syria, and Assad's inventory, I think that scenario will be inevitable.

We don't win supporting either side in Syria's civil war. We should sit this one out, and watch our enemies kill each other.

United States

#167646 Sep 2, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Looks to me like he just used you.
Catcher1, remember the name.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =VDvr08sCPOcXX
It so easy with biddy-eyed Bad bod !:) Welcome to the thread! Enjoy!

United States

#167647 Sep 2, 2013
An NFL Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Does that bother you, crypt keeper?
Catcher is Not a Crypt Keeper and stop it will you, all you provided in most of your posts are one liners Ad hominems... have yet not seen any intellectual postings from you on any subjects. Go play with your sharpies... BAHHAHAHHAHAaa

United States

#167648 Sep 2, 2013
Adam wrote:
The U.S. has lost its standing in the Islamic world. Obamas gay friendly gay policy has weakened the political weight of USA in the world. How can you be proud to be american in 2013 with a gay friendly leader as your president?
Putin will eat america up if Hillary becomes the next US president.
Actually US is losing it good Standing Worldwide, you know why.

United States

#167649 Sep 2, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Hilarious! Yer Global Idiot pal's been saying the same stupid thing incessantly for almost 5 years. Not only on this thread, but every other thread he INFESTS. Worthless trolls, both.
I know quite a few lawyers here, and ALL of them are waaaay too busy to be spending any amount of time on a msg board like this one. Even paralegals are much busier than you. So yer either lying about being a lawyer, or yer so lousy at it, no one will use you.
Wrong , i conversed of various topics from Economics, finance , domestic affairs, entertainment... Only talk when someone brings up about acidic US wars... You not to keen about anyone who wants to talk about it because you war investors have investments in War stocks/bonds.. are evil bunch, you like too keep the US on the path of illegal perpetual warfares that will morally and financially bankrupt the US , and you don't care about human tolls involved in wars on both side as long you profit from misery of war investments. And , you warring kind had ruined world with your US War machines that incited growth of world of enemies that US and World , you not helping the US ; you our US war mongers are destroyers of US and nations but are not constructors for humanity social welfare. U ignorance is noted.

United States

#167650 Sep 2, 2013
lisw wrote:
We should look at own wrongs , As US is world worst abuser of Crime against world Humanity , as no nation compares , even those our good/US US leaders in power acknowledged US in the wrong. So?

United States

#167651 Sep 2, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Czechoslovakia wasn't our business?
The Sudetenland wasn't our business?
We didn't "belong" there?
Stopping Hitler in Europe wasn't "the USA's interest?"
In my view, atrocities, in this case chemical warfare against innocent civilians, committed by anybody, are everybody's business.
And to do nothing will embolden Iran as well.
The Ford Family and Bush Family and other US Affluents who even Supported with US War machines and to the financed of Hitler NAZI Germany rise to power. Thanks to Freedom of Info. Act , in the Hall of records< int the Congressional library Archives . If you do research, US have double standards and dupliticous relationship with war lords...

United States

#167652 Sep 2, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd draw the line when it becomes our business, especially when inserting ourselves into something where we don't belong will probably bring about an even worse situation in Syria for the USA's interest, and the Mid-East.
Interjecting this post of your to Catcher. Its only beneficial for our US neo-imperialist to draw the Line ,is when they are weak and defenseless ...then can swoop down for the said Acquisition od what ever it is. That good one from you! Know wonder the world is up on it . Fool the many , Am i right? BWHAHAHHAHAAHHAaaa Caught you in heat... Hehehheehehe

United States

#167653 Sep 2, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Like the UN made Saddam Hussein accountable?
US and DICKtator SADdam are like this 69 back in those days of love. Bwhahhahhaaa

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#167654 Sep 2, 2013
UIDIOTRACDMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong , i conversed of various topics from Economics, finance , domestic affairs, entertainment...
Lying POS, worthless troll.

United States

#167655 Sep 2, 2013
he is evil!

General Wesley Clark boasting about the aim of the air war on Yugoslavia

(Masters of War, ed Carl Boggs, p198)

"Demolish, destroy, devastate, degrade, and ultimately eliminate the essential infrastructure of Yugoslavia.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#167656 Sep 2, 2013
BobninTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Stick your head back in the sand... or you could always try using common sense for a change.
Assad's army is beating back the rebels, without the need for gas.
If Assad used chemical weapons on the Syrian people, it would bring the US military might against Assad's resources.
If the rebels used chemical weapons on the Syrian people, it would bring the US military might against Assad's resources.
Neither al-Qaida, nor the Muslim Brotherhood,(the rebels), have shown any reluctance towards killing fellow Muslims to achieve their goals.
Both the Assad regime and the rebels have access to chemical weapons.
Rebels have admitted to reporters that they accidentally triggered the chemical weapons.
The obama administration has not been reluctant to lie to the American people to achieve their goals or to save face. Benghazi, Fast & Furious, IRS, NSA, obamacare, "green" scandals, etc.
Stop rejecting ideas simply because the messenger may not be well known reporting media... ask Democratic Presidential Candidate John Edwards... exposed by the National Enquirer.
Or put your "obama blinders" TM back on.
Is there a specific reason you think this is about Obama for me, or has that just become habit?

I'd say it's as much about Obama for me as it is for John McCain and Lindsay Graham (who want to go farther than I do in Syria), although I understand that doesn't fit your narrative at all. I mean, if you accepted that, you'd have to come out from behind the protective buffer of repetition and actually discuss something.

I checked out the story you linked to, which originated from Mint Press News (it appears to be a mostly progressive advocacy journalism website). The reporter named in the infowars article contributed research only and was not on the ground in Syria; he does occasionally report for AP, but contrary to the implication this wasn't an AP story. On the Mint Press News website you'll find the following disclaimer following the article: "Some information in this article could not be independently verified. Mint Press News will continue to provide further information and updates."

http://www.mintpressnews.com/witnesses-of-gas...

I understand why you need to believe the article, but I'm don't find it at all convincing, particularly the way the sources wrapped it all up in a neat little package with a Saudi connection bow on it. Then again, I didn't find the German magazine article claiming Israeli sources confirmed that it was a Syrian military strike (I think bad bob linked to it earlier in the week) all that convincing either.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#167657 Sep 2, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Like the UN made Saddam Hussein accountable?
It's easy for bobin to say that, knowing that China and Russia will veto any UN action.

Location hidden

#167658 Sep 2, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>It's easy for bobin to say that, knowing that China and Russia will veto any UN action.
That's not our problem. Our problem is why we need to be wasting our manpower and treasure because Russia and China refuse to be dragged into the Syrian circus. I think we should follow their lead, and sit this one out. Helping either side is a no win situation for the U.S., and I can't believe the Russians and Chinese have suckered obama into wasting our resources in a no win situation. They're taking advantage of obama's inexperience, and his need to save face for his silly "red line" statement. They're playing our boy like like a cheap fiddle.

BTW, if the UN can't do the job they are tasked to do, why do we need them?

United States

#167659 Sep 2, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Lying POS, worthless troll.
Why cut of my part of my post, the world is not stupid. You Worst than those trolls on here as You kind are the real obnoxious US war investors/ war mongers/supporters , are the biggest world liars and deceivers ..., who support mans with reason but without/lack of moral will do what to its nation and world people livelihoods! go and look in mirror and do some introspective reflect of all lives you ruined at home (morally and financially bankrupted US) and hurt many around the globe with your US war machines, u war mongering grunts, should be ashame of yourselves! Even our those few moral/good US leaders in power pronounced US wrongs , so? You our Us war mongers are not builders but destroyers of US and nations! Evil you are!

United States

#167660 Sep 2, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not our problem. Our problem is why we need to be wasting our manpower and treasure because Russia and China refuse to be dragged into the Syrian circus. I think we should follow their lead, and sit this one out. Helping either side is a no win situation for the U.S., and I can't believe the Russians and Chinese have suckered obama into wasting our resources in a no win situation. They're taking advantage of obama's inexperience, and his need to save face for his silly "red line" statement. They're playing our boy like like a cheap fiddle.
BTW, if the UN can't do the job they are tasked to do, why do we need them?
Real reason our US want Syria because of this!
====
Obama Consults Oil Experts As He Weighs Action Against Syria

Aug 29, 2013 · WASHINGTON, Aug 29 (Reuters)- Obama administration officials have contacted energy experts in recent days to discuss oil market …
-----

Syria’s proven oil reserves,- Democratic Underground
www.democraticunderground.com ›…› General Discussion (Forum)

Syria’s proven oil reserves, amounting to 2.5 billion barrels, are greater than those of all neighboring countries except Iraq: according to the U.S. Energy ...

SO?
SO?
SO?

SO?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Tellthetruth 994,116
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 3 min EditorAtLarge 60,212
the REAL reason for General Motors sales slumps (Jul '17) 3 min MOGADISHU 35
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min Robert F 695,727
Boys spying on their sisters (Jun '11) 35 min Random girl 11
Is America 'Mystery Babylon,' mentioned in the ... 1 hr fat tired old and... 2
Black women White men Dating Site (May '14) 2 hr Murray 16
wierd situation with my mom. (Jul '14) Feb 19 Pimpy 23
More from around the web