Bakersfield, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>The Russians are sending a missile cruiser and an anti-submarine warfare ship into the Mediterranean. They've talked about deploying their only carrier to the Med, but not until the end of the year.
We're sending a second carrier (Truman) into the Arabian Sea and keeping another (Nimitz) on station in the Indian Ocean, along with (eventually) five destroyers in the Med.
Thx 4 the upd.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
I suppose that a Senator that wants to restart the economy, reduce joblessness, increase our energy independence, reduce government dependency, reduce voter fraud, and work within the scope of the Constitution and our laws, would be seen as problematic representation to "feel good" liberals such as yourself.
Unfortunately for you, Americans that hear his beliefs soon become supporters. When Ted Cruz first threw his hat into the Senate race, he was given a 2% chance of becoming Texas's Senator. He wound up beating our Lt. Governor, Dippy Dewhurst... who was thought to be the "heir apparent" to the seat,(much like Hillary was entitled to the Democratic Presidential nomination in the 2008 presidential race).
The ambulance chaser is just a typical lo-info partisan hack who'd MUCH rather see D's in charge of everything than to elect someone
that would be better for the USA.

Evidence is readily apparent in the current admin.

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Labor Participation Rate 63.0%

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, don't get me wrong, I'd love to see your guy Cruz be the 2016 Republican pesidential candidate.(Even better, how about bringing back your gal Palin!!)
I love both of them. What I really like about Sarah Palin is how easily she can create yellow stains on the front of liberal's pants.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
The ambulance chaser is just a typical lo-info partisan hack who'd MUCH rather see D's in charge of everything than to elect someone
that would be better for the USA.
Evidence is readily apparent in the current admin.
When your goal is to make as many people as possible dependent on government programs, there's nobody better to accomplish that goal than Democrats.

Look how Democrats have trashed the economy, increased the jobless rates, reduced the percentage of people in the work force, increased the number of people on food stamps, decreased personnel wealth, decreased personal income and even increased the number of folks needing obamaphones... and all during the almost five years of obama's alleged recovery!

The truth is, the country was doing far better during the "Bush recession" than we are doing now in the "obama recovery".

Yep, Democrats definitely know how to destroy an economy, and force people into government dependency.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
When your goal is to make as many people as possible dependent on government programs, there's nobody better to accomplish that goal than Democrats.
Look how Democrats have trashed the economy, increased the jobless rates, reduced the percentage of people in the work force, increased the number of people on food stamps, decreased personnel wealth, decreased personal income and even increased the number of folks needing obamaphones... and all during the almost five years of obama's alleged recovery!
The truth is, the country was doing far better during the "Bush recession" than we are doing now in the "obama recovery".
Yep, Democrats definitely know how to destroy an economy, and force people into government dependency.
It is pretty disgusting, how many 'people' are on the government tit these days.

The government even wants us to be dependent on it to dictate our morality.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>It is pretty disgusting, how many 'people' are on the government tit these days.
The government even wants us to be dependent on it to dictate our morality.
I'm not liking the direction that obama and the Democrats are purposely taking this country. They seem hell bent on taking us in the opposite direction from what made us the most successful nation in the history of the world.

Unfortunately, some of our Republican Congressmen have helped the Democrats achieve their disastrous goals.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not liking the direction that obama and the Democrats are purposely taking this country. They seem hell bent on taking us in the opposite direction from what made us the most successful nation in the history of the world.
Unfortunately, some of our Republican Congressmen have helped the Democrats achieve their disastrous goals.
I call them RINOs.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Oooowee, "Berry's" in a pickle now.

Over 100 GOP & Dems want him to take his case on Syria to Congress
b4 he launches Tomahawks. Five US warships are now in range to carry out, just waiting for orders.

What to do, what to do.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
b4 he launches Tomahawks. Five US warships are now in range to carry out, just waiting for orders.
What to do, what to do.
But BB he has a plan. It's called parenting 101. Assad was a bad boy. He needs to be punished. So you sit down and tell him what he did wrong, how you are going to punish him, reassure him you still love him but you just don't love what he did. And I'll bet like most bad boys, he'll think "how lame" and do it again.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Patrick J. Kiger

For National Geographic

Published August 29, 2013

Japan's Nuclear Regulation Authority announced Wednesday that it officially is reclassifying the radioactive water leak at the troubled Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant from Level 1 to Level 3 on the International Nuclear and Radiological Event Scale (INES), denoting it as a "serious incident."

That rating sounds ominous, to be sure. But its real meaning—and the significance of Japanese officials' decision to make a more dire assessment of the crisis—are, like many other ramifications of the ongoing crisis at Fukushima, frustratingly unclear.

"In some respects, it's not that big of an issue what they call it," explained David Lochbaum, a veteran nuclear engineer who works as a safety advocate for the Union of Concerned Scientists. "It's still the same mess." (See related: "Latest Radioactive Leak at Fukushima: How Is It Different?")

Why the Rating Now?

Workers for Tokyo Electric Power Co., which operates the plant, discovered on August 19 that 300 tons (nearly 72,000 gallons) of highly radioactive water apparently had escaped from a holding tank into the ground over the previous month. The water had been used to cool one of Fukushima's damaged reactors, in the wake of the 2011 earthquake and tsunami that caused one of the worst nuclear accidents in history.(See related "Pictures: The Nuclear Cleanup Struggle at Fukushima.")

Samples taken from containment area showed it to be so heavily contaminated with strontium-90, cesium-137, and radioactive substances that a person standing less than two feet away would receive, in an hour's time, a radiation dose equivalent to five times the acceptable exposure for nuclear workers. Within ten hours, an exposed person would develop radiation sickness, with symptoms such as nausea and a drop in white blood cells.(See related photos: "A Rare Look Inside Fukushima Daiichi.")

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

lisw wrote:
<quoted text>But BB he has a plan. It's called parenting 101. Assad was a bad boy. He needs to be punished. So you sit down and tell him what he did wrong, how you are going to punish him, reassure him you still love him but you just don't love what he did. And I'll bet like most bad boys, he'll think "how lame" and do it again.
Mainly because of his inexperience, Obama's in a tight spot right now. And it's the tightest spot he's seen in 5+ years. He's pretty much wrong no matter what he does in Syria. Lord help him,(and US if he chooses the worst path).

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, Clementine, let's go.
You got a hard hat, I hope?
I'm Syrius, you know (ha ha). Will you translate for me?
I can't speak arabi, I can only understand a few words which are same or similar to my language, I'll just have to bring my grandfather along. Don't worry, he's tough!

Don't we need more than just a hard hat? u got a tank?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

UidiotraceMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text> Well, you can always sit on someones lap?
:)
You're not going to leave me alone, r u?

And where is that someone gonna sit if there's no seats?

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't speak arabi, I can only understand a few words which are same or similar to my language, I'll just have to bring my grandfather along. Don't worry, he's tough!
Don't we need more than just a hard hat? u got a tank?
Let's go to Dubai instead.
It's more expensive, but far safer.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Judged:

bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
What to do, what to do.
If we had real representation, and because Syria is not an imminent threat to the U.S., or its citizens, there should be 535 Congressmen demanding that the President take his case before Congress. The War Powers Act only allows the pResident to commit troops, for up to 60 days, if there is an imminent threat to the USA or its citizens, such as Benghazi, where he did nothing... anything other than that, he needs to get approval from Congress.

Congress critters, and the pResident took an oath to uphold the Constitution. If only 100+ are demanding that the pResident come before Congress before committing troops in an act of war, that says over 400 Congressmen aren't living up to the oath they took.

Our inexperienced pResident refuses to be constrained by the Constitution, and time after time, Congress has allowed him to get away with it.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater and Honolulu

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Caveman Cruz.
More of that tolerance and understanding you are famous for. Carry on bigot. Must drive you crazy that he is not from this nation and loves everything you hate about it.

Clearwater and Honolulu

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Clearwater and Honolulu

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
If we had real representation, and because Syria is not an imminent threat to the U.S., or its citizens, there should be 535 Congressmen demanding that the President take his case before Congress. The War Powers Act only allows the pResident to commit troops, for up to 60 days, if there is an imminent threat to the USA or its citizens, such as Benghazi, where he did nothing... anything other than that, he needs to get approval from Congress.
Congress critters, and the pResident took an oath to uphold the Constitution. If only 100+ are demanding that the pResident come before Congress before committing troops in an act of war, that says over 400 Congressmen aren't living up to the oath they took.
Our inexperienced pResident refuses to be constrained by the Constitution, and time after time, Congress has allowed him to get away with it.
GOP Rep.: Obama trying to 'save face' with Syria attack

Read more: http://thehill.com/video/house/319593-gop-rep...

Clearwater and Honolulu

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
Patrick J. Kiger
For National Geographic
Published August 29, 2013
Japan's Nuclear Regulation Authority announced Wednesday that it officially is reclassifying the radioactive water leak at the troubled Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant from Level 1 to Level 3 on the International Nuclear and Radiological Event Scale (INES), denoting it as a "serious incident."
That rating sounds ominous, to be sure. But its real meaning—and the significance of Japanese officials' decision to make a more dire assessment of the crisis—are, like many other ramifications of the ongoing crisis at Fukushima, frustratingly unclear.
"In some respects, it's not that big of an issue what they call it," explained David Lochbaum, a veteran nuclear engineer who works as a safety advocate for the Union of Concerned Scientists. "It's still the same mess." (See related: "Latest Radioactive Leak at Fukushima: How Is It Different?")
Why the Rating Now?
Workers for Tokyo Electric Power Co., which operates the plant, discovered on August 19 that 300 tons (nearly 72,000 gallons) of highly radioactive water apparently had escaped from a holding tank into the ground over the previous month. The water had been used to cool one of Fukushima's damaged reactors, in the wake of the 2011 earthquake and tsunami that caused one of the worst nuclear accidents in history.(See related "Pictures: The Nuclear Cleanup Struggle at Fukushima.")
Samples taken from containment area showed it to be so heavily contaminated with strontium-90, cesium-137, and radioactive substances that a person standing less than two feet away would receive, in an hour's time, a radiation dose equivalent to five times the acceptable exposure for nuclear workers. Within ten hours, an exposed person would develop radiation sickness, with symptoms such as nausea and a drop in white blood cells.(See related photos: "A Rare Look Inside Fukushima Daiichi.")
Yep, its bad. Question is where do we go from here? Should we go ahead and shut down the nuclear power plants that are producing power right now? Ready to pay more? Hope we have a plan to do something with the waste? My only take is I'm hacked off here in Fl. we are paying (and have been for years) for a nuke that will never be built. Obama even gave lip service to it and at the time I posted it would never happen. That news from Duke energy just came down a few weeks ago. Ah well. Those that support him don't know and its doubtful they care. Our former republican /independent now democrat (I'll never leave the republican party) governor Charlie Crist was also a supporter of this.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, its bad. Question is where do we go from here? Should we go ahead and shut down the nuclear power plants that are producing power right now? Ready to pay more? Hope we have a plan to do something with the waste? My only take is I'm hacked off here in Fl. we are paying (and have been for years) for a nuke that will never be built. Obama even gave lip service to it and at the time I posted it would never happen. That news from Duke energy just came down a few weeks ago. Ah well. Those that support him don't know and its doubtful they care. Our former republican /independent now democrat (I'll never leave the republican party) governor Charlie Crist was also a supporter of this.
It's all my fault, I know.

Maybe the lord will look after you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min River Tam 730,256
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 5 min andet1987 4,255
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min truth 537,123
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 11 min AussieBobby 259,310
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 20 min religionisillness 225,654
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 32 min Neelakaran 987
Dirty skype (Dec '12) 40 min bbw 71
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 5 hr Tim Osman 117,803
Have any girls on here had sex with a dog??? (Feb '12) 11 hr andet1987 76

Search the Top Stories Forum:
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••