“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#167462 Aug 31, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Oooowee, "Berry's" in a pickle now.
Over 100 GOP & Dems want him to take his case on Syria to Congress
b4 he launches Tomahawks. Five US warships are now in range to carry out, just waiting for orders.
What to do, what to do.
If we had real representation, and because Syria is not an imminent threat to the U.S., or its citizens, there should be 535 Congressmen demanding that the President take his case before Congress. The War Powers Act only allows the pResident to commit troops, for up to 60 days, if there is an imminent threat to the USA or its citizens, such as Benghazi, where he did nothing... anything other than that, he needs to get approval from Congress.

Congress critters, and the pResident took an oath to uphold the Constitution. If only 100+ are demanding that the pResident come before Congress before committing troops in an act of war, that says over 400 Congressmen aren't living up to the oath they took.

Our inexperienced pResident refuses to be constrained by the Constitution, and time after time, Congress has allowed him to get away with it.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Dunedin, FL

#167463 Aug 31, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Caveman Cruz.
More of that tolerance and understanding you are famous for. Carry on bigot. Must drive you crazy that he is not from this nation and loves everything you hate about it.

Dunedin, FL

#167464 Aug 31, 2013

Dunedin, FL

#167465 Aug 31, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
If we had real representation, and because Syria is not an imminent threat to the U.S., or its citizens, there should be 535 Congressmen demanding that the President take his case before Congress. The War Powers Act only allows the pResident to commit troops, for up to 60 days, if there is an imminent threat to the USA or its citizens, such as Benghazi, where he did nothing... anything other than that, he needs to get approval from Congress.
Congress critters, and the pResident took an oath to uphold the Constitution. If only 100+ are demanding that the pResident come before Congress before committing troops in an act of war, that says over 400 Congressmen aren't living up to the oath they took.
Our inexperienced pResident refuses to be constrained by the Constitution, and time after time, Congress has allowed him to get away with it.
GOP Rep.: Obama trying to 'save face' with Syria attack

Read more: http://thehill.com/video/house/319593-gop-rep...

Dunedin, FL

#167466 Aug 31, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
Patrick J. Kiger
For National Geographic
Published August 29, 2013
Japan's Nuclear Regulation Authority announced Wednesday that it officially is reclassifying the radioactive water leak at the troubled Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant from Level 1 to Level 3 on the International Nuclear and Radiological Event Scale (INES), denoting it as a "serious incident."
That rating sounds ominous, to be sure. But its real meaning—and the significance of Japanese officials' decision to make a more dire assessment of the crisis—are, like many other ramifications of the ongoing crisis at Fukushima, frustratingly unclear.
"In some respects, it's not that big of an issue what they call it," explained David Lochbaum, a veteran nuclear engineer who works as a safety advocate for the Union of Concerned Scientists. "It's still the same mess." (See related: "Latest Radioactive Leak at Fukushima: How Is It Different?")
Why the Rating Now?
Workers for Tokyo Electric Power Co., which operates the plant, discovered on August 19 that 300 tons (nearly 72,000 gallons) of highly radioactive water apparently had escaped from a holding tank into the ground over the previous month. The water had been used to cool one of Fukushima's damaged reactors, in the wake of the 2011 earthquake and tsunami that caused one of the worst nuclear accidents in history.(See related "Pictures: The Nuclear Cleanup Struggle at Fukushima.")
Samples taken from containment area showed it to be so heavily contaminated with strontium-90, cesium-137, and radioactive substances that a person standing less than two feet away would receive, in an hour's time, a radiation dose equivalent to five times the acceptable exposure for nuclear workers. Within ten hours, an exposed person would develop radiation sickness, with symptoms such as nausea and a drop in white blood cells.(See related photos: "A Rare Look Inside Fukushima Daiichi.")
Yep, its bad. Question is where do we go from here? Should we go ahead and shut down the nuclear power plants that are producing power right now? Ready to pay more? Hope we have a plan to do something with the waste? My only take is I'm hacked off here in Fl. we are paying (and have been for years) for a nuke that will never be built. Obama even gave lip service to it and at the time I posted it would never happen. That news from Duke energy just came down a few weeks ago. Ah well. Those that support him don't know and its doubtful they care. Our former republican /independent now democrat (I'll never leave the republican party) governor Charlie Crist was also a supporter of this.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#167467 Aug 31, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, its bad. Question is where do we go from here? Should we go ahead and shut down the nuclear power plants that are producing power right now? Ready to pay more? Hope we have a plan to do something with the waste? My only take is I'm hacked off here in Fl. we are paying (and have been for years) for a nuke that will never be built. Obama even gave lip service to it and at the time I posted it would never happen. That news from Duke energy just came down a few weeks ago. Ah well. Those that support him don't know and its doubtful they care. Our former republican /independent now democrat (I'll never leave the republican party) governor Charlie Crist was also a supporter of this.
It's all my fault, I know.

Maybe the lord will look after you.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#167468 Aug 31, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's go to Dubai instead.
It's more expensive, but far safer.
I've made up my mind, I don't wanna go anywhere, come to England and we'll get some chips!

Obama is gonna speak on Syria, prepare yourselves, people!

Long Beach, CA

#167469 Aug 31, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
I've made up my mind, I don't wanna go anywhere, come to England and we'll get some chips!
I'll take some fish and chips, with a Guiness.

Just berries for dessert. We don't want to get fat.

Then we can head for Cornwall.
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#167470 Aug 31, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
I love both of them. What I really like about Sarah Palin is how easily she can create yellow stains on the front of liberal's pants.
Uncontrollable laughter can cause a loss of bladder control...

Location hidden

#167471 Aug 31, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
U eat the berries, I'll have a nice dessert, I ain't gonna eat fish or drink Guinness, so I need my energy, lol.

Obama just spoke some sh*t, people! He says has the authority to take military action against Syria, without the permission of congress, but he's still gonna ask congress to vote!

What's your congress like, Catcher? Oh, dear!
UidiotRACEMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#167472 Aug 31, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
Patrick J. Kiger
For National Geographic
Published August 29, 2013
Japan's Nuclear Regulation Authority announced Wednesday that it officially is reclassifying the radioactive water leak at the troubled Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant from Level 1 to Level 3 on the International Nuclear and Radiological Event Scale (INES), denoting it as a "serious incident."
That rating sounds ominous, to be sure. But its real meaning—and the significance of Japanese officials' decision to make a more dire assessment of the crisis—are, like many other ramifications of the ongoing crisis at Fukushima, frustratingly unclear.
"In some respects, it's not that big of an issue what they call it," explained David Lochbaum, a veteran nuclear engineer who works as a safety advocate for the Union of Concerned Scientists. "It's still the same mess." (See related: "Latest Radioactive Leak at Fukushima: How Is It Different?")
Why the Rating Now?
Workers for Tokyo Electric Power Co., which operates the plant, discovered on August 19 that 300 tons (nearly 72,000 gallons) of highly radioactive water apparently had escaped from a holding tank into the ground over the previous month. The water had been used to cool one of Fukushima's damaged reactors, in the wake of the 2011 earthquake and tsunami that caused one of the worst nuclear accidents in history.(See related "Pictures: The Nuclear Cleanup Struggle at Fukushima.")
Samples taken from containment area showed it to be so heavily contaminated with strontium-90, cesium-137, and radioactive substances that a person standing less than two feet away would receive, in an hour's time, a radiation dose equivalent to five times the acceptable exposure for nuclear workers. Within ten hours, an exposed person would develop radiation sickness, with symptoms such as nausea and a drop in white blood cells.(See related photos: "A Rare Look Inside Fukushima Daiichi.")
I know you read alot And why the sudden post of this about Japan's Fuskisma accident, you think it's not an ordinary Accident but ? Any connection with ? Let think outside the box, is that what you purposing? Lets hear you or anyone perspective on this?

United States

#167473 Aug 31, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
You're not going to leave me alone, r u?
And where is that someone gonna sit if there's no seats?
I left you alone and catcher is the one you seeking ?

WBHAHAHAHAaaa :)

United States

#167474 Aug 31, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
There more to it then meets the eye! Try Lobbyist!

Long Beach, CA

#167475 Aug 31, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
U eat the berries, I'll have a nice dessert, I ain't gonna eat fish or drink Guinness, so I need my energy, lol.
Obama just spoke some sh*t, people! He says has the authority to take military action against Syria, without the permission of congress, but he's still gonna ask congress to vote!
What's your congress like, Catcher? Oh, dear!
Very split on this, principally because there are many Republicans whose sole aim is to make Obama fail.(You'll hear snarky responses from the right-wingers here.)

Their hero, Ronald Reagan, twice took military action while president, without seeking Congressional authority.

The hypocrisy is transparent.

OK, have a nice desert, but follow it up with some exercise!

United States

#167476 Aug 31, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
The ambulance chaser is just a typical lo-info partisan hack who'd MUCH rather see D's in charge of everything than to elect someone
that would be better for the USA.
Evidence is readily apparent in the current admin.
it not all O' fault but as it concurrent consequences of previous admins., actions i would say more illegitimacy, manipulation, corruption , croynism , financial malfeasance, criminality ...

United States

#167477 Aug 31, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
it looks good !
If you want to romance her, Would Fish and White Wine be more Upscale for her taste , would you agree? "

Location hidden

#167478 Aug 31, 2013
UidiotRACEMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>I left you alone and catcher is the one you seeking ?
WBHAHAHAHAaaa :)
huh? Speak u what, nutter?

I talk me to u like you me talk to!

heheeheheheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee e!!

Location hidden

#167479 Aug 31, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Very split on this, principally because there are many Republicans whose sole aim is to make Obama fail.(You'll hear snarky responses from the right-wingers here.)
Their hero, Ronald Reagan, twice took military action while president, without seeking Congressional authority.
The hypocrisy is transparent.
OK, have a nice desert, but follow it up with some exercise!
I know, the Labour party has done the same thing here. I don't understand what they r playin' at!

Brazilian butt lift exercises really work, we'll do 'em together on the beach! Al can come to, if u want?

Long Beach, CA

#167480 Aug 31, 2013
UidiotRACEMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>it looks good !
If you want to romance her, Would Fish and White Wine be more Upscale for her taste , would you agree? "
Clementine does not partake of alcoholic drinks.

I'll have to use another method of attraction.

Any ideas?

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#167481 Aug 31, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me be the first to congratulate pResident obama for doing the right thing. He has "decided" to follow the Constitution and seek authorization from Congress to attack Syria.

The only thing I fault barry for, he's going to wait until Congress comes back into session on September 9th before the debates and vote will begin. I believe that he should have called the Congress back into session immediately. Delay only gives Assad more opportunity to hide the WMD's that he got from Saddam, and other possible targets, elsewhere.

I think obama's just using this as a way for him to delay having to take any action. Another "present" vote.

I have doubts that this administration can make the case for the United States to unilaterally take action against Syria, when Syria is absolutely no threat to the U.S. or its citizens. And, if he can't make the case to Congress, what will he do then?

Before President Bush went into Iraq to take out Saddam's regime, he obtained unanimous support from the UN Security Council, he obtained overwhelming support from Congress, and he built a coalition of about 30 nations to help complete the mission. And, of course, President Bush had a defined mission.

It's been almost a year since obama's "red line" comment concerning Syria, and we learn that he hadn't laid any groundwork ahead of time for such a mission. This is what happens when one has limited foreign policy experience, can't make decisions, and he picks a clown like Joe Biden as his VP for Joe's vast "foreign policy expertise". Joe may have a lot of foreign policy experience, but I can't remember Joe ever having been right.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 min Darwins Stepchild 27,586
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 min Highest Comandmen... 618,120
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 11 min guest 636,822
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 27 min onemale 280,435
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr RiccardoFire 104,178
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr RiccardoFire 18,599
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Joe Fortuna 968,644
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 2 hr Johnny 4,706
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 3 hr Gods Child 44,017
More from around the web