Bush is a hero
UIDIOTRACEMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#167372 Aug 29, 2013
William Hartung, a senior research fellow at the World Policy Institute based in Manhattan, pointed out in late 2002 that

Target Iraq, Norman Solomon, p27

The Bush administration's strategy of 'preemptive war' in Iraq is the brainchild of a small circle of conservative think tanks and weapons lobbying groups like the Project for a New American Century (PNAC), whose members have been pressing this approach for over a decade.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#167373 Aug 29, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think Assad was the one that used the chemical weapons either. His government forces were turning things around, and were beating back the rebels, without needing to resort to using chemical weapons. There was no upside for him to use them, but there was a lot to be gained by the rebels to use them and blame Assad.
<quoted text>
The Russian's aren't going to start a war over Assad. They may interfere with our ability to execute our missile strikes, but I don't see Russia going head to head with the USA over Syria... or at least, that's what I hope. I think Putin is much smarter when it comes to foreign policy decisions than our clown king.
<quoted text>
My, aren't we cynical...
<quoted text>
I was a Democrat for over 40 years, but now I'm an independent conservative. I'm a fiscal conservative, but in many ways, a social liberal.
For instance, I'm all in for amnesty for all working illegal immigrants and their immediate families... but I'm not for amnesty for any illegals that are living off our social systems, and not working. BUT, before we even discuss any amnesty, I feel we must secure, and constantly verify, the security of our borders. If not, in another 25 years, we'll be discussing what to do about ten times as many illegal immigrants living in this country.
Exactly, it doesn't make sense for him to use them. He's not that retarded! But the truth is what America says it is!

I agree! That's why I think there isn't gonna be a war. I don't understand why Russia is so concerned about this, something fishy goin' on! Even the labour party in England is concerned. I'm soo confused!

So u'r a? Thanks for confusing me!:-)

That's not gonna happen. Illegal immigration is gonna increase, that's what the governments want, that's what they're gonna get. We're gonna have serious problems. Welcome to multiculturalism!!!

If they bomb Syria we're gonna have Syrian people immigrating!!! ROFL!

Location hidden

#167374 Aug 29, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think Assad was the one that used the chemical weapons either. His government forces were turning things around, and were beating back the rebels, without needing to resort to using chemical weapons. There was no upside for him to use them, but there was a lot to be gained by the rebels to use them and blame Assad.
<quoted text>
The Russian's aren't going to start a war over Assad. They may interfere with our ability to execute our missile strikes, but I don't see Russia going head to head with the USA over Syria... or at least, that's what I hope. I think Putin is much smarter when it comes to foreign policy decisions than our clown king.
<quoted text>
My, aren't we cynical...
<quoted text>
I was a Democrat for over 40 years, but now I'm an independent conservative. I'm a fiscal conservative, but in many ways, a social liberal.
For instance, I'm all in for amnesty for all working illegal immigrants and their immediate families... but I'm not for amnesty for any illegals that are living off our social systems, and not working. BUT, before we even discuss any amnesty, I feel we must secure, and constantly verify, the security of our borders. If not, in another 25 years, we'll be discussing what to do about ten times as many illegal immigrants living in this country.
OMG, where's my post gone? I just replied to u and it just vanished!

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#167375 Aug 29, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Topix imposes a fifteen minute limit on replies. If you think you've exceeded it, copy your post, go back to the one you were replying to, hit the reply button again, and paste.

Pain in the hind end, but less so than losing a well-considered post. JMO

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#167376 Aug 29, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Oh yes - it's much more acceptable for US to be creating collateral damage in Syria, than for us to allow their civil war to play out sans our interference.
Please see the above as sarcasm. Because it is.
I saw a 12 year old Syrian girl in an Israeli hospital the other night on the news. She had 1 leg amputated and the other severely broken among other injuries. She wanted to know where the rest of the world was. Why weren't they helping. 10 years ago her parents were no doubt calling the US evil and meddling bastards for going into Iraq.

I say we stop giving these countries money and let them fend for themselves. they are all unappreciative anyway..........
UidiotRaceMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#167377 Aug 29, 2013
<quoted text>Topix imposes a fifteen minute limit on replies. If you think you've exceeded it, copy your post, go back to the one you were replying to, hit the reply button again, and paste.
Use back button , maybe still in the memory cache and hit post comment button with new /old numbers posted .

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#167378 Aug 29, 2013
How horrible, fantastic, incredible it is that we should be digging trenches and trying on gas-masks here because of a quarrel in a far away country between people of whom we know nothing.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#167379 Aug 29, 2013
UidiotRaceMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>Use back button , maybe still in the memory cache and hit post comment button with new /old numbers posted .
I'll stick with what works, thank-you.

Location hidden

#167380 Aug 29, 2013
<quoted text>Topix imposes a fifteen minute limit on replies. If you think you've exceeded it, copy your post, go back to the one you were replying to, hit the reply button again, and paste.
It's there now!

Yh, I found that out when I was writing a long post and making dinner at the same time. I clicked post comment and it took me too the main site, I was like, what the..!!!!

Thanks!
Lost In Transition

United States

#167381 Aug 29, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>
The comparison is totally bogus anyway, because (paranoid ramblings of the looney fringe and the "I-will-oppose-whatever-O bama-says-no-matter-what" crowd notwithstanding) nobody's talking about invading Syria or deposing Assad.
When we liberated Kuwait, nobody was talking about invading Iraq. When we established and enforced a no-fly zone, nobody was talking about invading Iraq. The rest is history.

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#167382 Aug 29, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>So u'r a? Thanks for confusing me!:-)
I'm an independent voter.

No party owns me, I vote my conscience, not a party. The Republican Party candidates usually get my vote, as they usually come closer to my beliefs than their Democrat opponents.

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#167383 Aug 29, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
It came back... don't you just love TOPIX?
Lost In Transition

United States

#167384 Aug 29, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
How horrible, fantastic, incredible it is that we should be digging trenches and trying on gas-masks here because of a quarrel in a far away country between people of whom we know nothing.
I'm stock-piling Twinkies and Yoohoo.
Lost In Transition

United States

#167385 Aug 29, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Let's think about this for a minute.
You do know there has been a war in Syria for two years that's killed +/- 100,000 people and created about 2 million refuges, right?
Assad is killing people now. He's using his aircraft and his military to do that, and now he has allegedly used chemical weapons, perhaps for the second time.

A joint U.S. British strike would be aimed at his military, not the civilian population. Yes, some people will die as a result of those attacks, and some of them may be innocents - but the goal would be to reduce Assad's ability to kill people.
And Russia's goal would be to promptly replenish his ability to kill people. Now what?
UidiotRaceMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#167386 Aug 29, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
Again like i said way back , Why are our Americans so PAraniod and who incited the fear mongering? But no one had yet answer me on this? Are you up to intellectual challenged or you protective of our power structure and/or afraid to answer , a denier like most on here?

hey it is very important if we all talk about it. Why remain silent about acidic foreign policy, our future generations depends on stopping senseless wars and violence , and its human toll on both sides is ugly , and its morally and financially bankrupting US ... If we all dont talk about it , there may not be US for next generations and after? And, have we all not learn why and how Empires Fall from grace? So you mean you don't want to revamp the US to be moral and upstanding nation (LOL!)to be once be accept in world community as Peacekeepers ... not as bully plundering War monger. So?

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#167387 Aug 29, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
It's there now!
Yh, I found that out when I was writing a long post and making dinner at the same time. I clicked post comment and it took me too the main site, I was like, what the..!!!!
Thanks!
Whatcha got for dinner, Clementine?

I hope it's Indian and not steak and kidney pie or some other horrible English dish.

I know, I know, you're a vegetarian. But even vegetarian dishes are lousy in England. Well, not all England. In Cornwall the food is very good--except those pasties they make over there.

Location hidden

#167388 Aug 29, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Clementine, if the Syrian government has used chemical weapons to kill people, I don't think we (and by that I mean any decent people) can stand by and do nothing. There are moral limits, and this crosses them for me.
And mind you, I have been against all other U.S. military activity in the Middle East.
What are you doing over here? Get over there where you belong.
Trust me, if I had the power I would help the Syrian people. If an honest organisation existed, I would want them to help Syria, but America is not honest. America only ‘helps’ those countries that are weak. Why has America never gone against India or China? They kill their people every day and u don’t even find out about it. America just carries on doing business deals with them. Why does it not just destroy Saudi Arabia? That would solve most of the problems!

Why would Assad use chemical weapons? Come one, he can’t be that stupid!

America attacked Iraq coz they said he had chemical weapons. Where r the chemical weapons???? Don’t believe anything your government tells u!

If America attacks Syria, it’s for its own benefit. Governments have hidden agendas that they don’t have to share with the public!

I’m coming, i'm coming, hold your horse!

Location hidden

#167389 Aug 29, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatcha got for dinner, Clementine?
I hope it's Indian and not steak and kidney pie or some other horrible English dish.
I know, I know, you're a vegetarian. But even vegetarian dishes are lousy in England. Well, not all England. In Cornwall the food is very good--except those pasties they make over there.
I'm not making dinner now, silly!

English food has no taste. vegetarian English food? Yh, I hate boiled vegetables! English desserts r nice!!

Which pasties? I only eaten the cheese and chilli one! That's lovely!

My computer is dying I'm trying to save it, sorry I took long time to reply to u! My computer is dying!!
UIDOTRACEMAKEWOR LDPEACE

United States

#167390 Aug 29, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not making dinner now, silly!
English food has no taste. vegetarian English food? Yh, I hate boiled vegetables! English desserts r nice!!
Which pasties? I only eaten the cheese and chilli one! That's lovely!
My computer is dying I'm trying to save it, sorry I took long time to reply to u! My computer is dying!!
u interesting ! Psst Cheese comes from Meat-based animals goat, cow... then you are not pure veggie eater. So are you stomach turning now? What happen of you eat meat by mistake , any recuperation from the sin?

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#167391 Aug 29, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Trust me, if I had the power I would help the Syrian people. If an honest organisation existed, I would want them to help Syria, but America is not honest. America only ‘helps’ those countries that are weak. Why has America never gone against India or China? They kill their people every day and u don’t even find out about it. America just carries on doing business deals with them. Why does it not just destroy Saudi Arabia? That would solve most of the problems!
Why would Assad use chemical weapons? Come one, he can’t be that stupid!
America attacked Iraq coz they said he had chemical weapons. Where r the chemical weapons???? Don’t believe anything your government tells u!
If America attacks Syria, it’s for its own benefit. Governments have hidden agendas that they don’t have to share with the public!
I’m coming, i'm coming, hold your horse!
Agreed on Iraq, and I opposed intervention (but that damn Bush wouldn't listen to me, he listened to that animal, Dick Cheney instead).

Agreed that the U.S. principally acts on its perceived self-interest.

BUT: If it's clear that Assad did use chemical weapons, somebody needs to do something, and if it can't be done through U.N. auspices, then in my view the U.S. should strike at identified military targets, to make the point.

Your job is to travel to London and persuade Parliament to go along. I'll pay your train fare and lunch.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 12 min Richard The Lion... 79,794
Safe And Secure - Herpes Dating Tips Online 1 hr johnmichael00091 1
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 hr candlesmell 701,499
Gay snap eh 4 hr Lopez_nator21 13
News Sarah Palin going on 'Oprah' (Oct '09) 6 hr Joe Fortuna 719
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 7 hr Devil number 666 448,392
Are women from USA scared of marriage? 8 hr thadv14 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 14 hr Dang Jersey Piney 995,752