“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Labor Participation Rate 63.0%

#167264 Aug 27, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the best you can do?
Focus on me?
Come on, you're a great critic, tell us what we SHOULD do, not just what we shouldn't have done.
We should do NOTHING. It's none of our business, we aren't sure what the final outcome will be, and, most important, Syria is not an imminent threat to the USA.

We don't need to commence unprovoked acts of war against sovereign nations simply because they don't like us.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#167265 Aug 27, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
If you could understand what you read, you might have noticed that I already had made my prediction... based on barry's past foreign policy failures.
BobinTX: "After all the foreign policy "successes" of this regime, why would we want to see obama create one more anti-US regime in the Mid-East? Hasn't this administration already created enough of them?"
Stop dodging and make a policy recommendation.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#167266 Aug 27, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
President Barack Obama may take action on Syria without explicit congressional approval because seeking authorization from U.S. lawmakers may take too long and they may say “no,” NBC News Chief White House Correspondent Chuck Todd said Tuesday.
If so why have congress? Or the supreme court? Its quite clear Obama sees his position as more important, he has zero interest in the branches of power being equal. Just host his mug up all over the nation and call it what it is.
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/08/27/nb...
http://www.examiner.com/article/obama-flag-ma...
Venezuela's Maduras warns against attack on Syria:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/the_ameri...

But Obama won't put boots on the ground. He'll just isolate the Syrian airbases and remove Assad's ability to deliver any more chemical canisters. Neither side of the 2 year civil war within Syria will be aided. So far I believe the Brits, France, and Canada are with us, though Canada has said it will be a very limited role.

The UNSC can't move without China & Russia, and IINM, the only agency left after that is NATO. Looks like any ground war inside Syria would hafta be left up to them.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#167267 Aug 27, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
We should do NOTHING. It's none of our business, we aren't sure what the final outcome will be, and, most important, Syria is not an imminent threat to the USA.
We don't need to commence unprovoked acts of war against sovereign nations simply because they don't like us.
I'd agree if Assad hadn't chose to gas innocent men women, and children. That can't be allowed in a civilized society.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#167268 Aug 27, 2013
!!!Please Help Save Roberta's Sanity!!!

Does anyone else here use Yahoo! and if you do have you been having trouble with it lately?

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#167269 Aug 27, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
It does get tougher and tougher to try to defend the obama administration's foreign policies, doesn't it? Better to just stay mum, and hope the media lets them pass.
Thinking back, I can name numerous obama foreign policy failures, but I can't think of one of barry's foreign policy successes.
I'm hoping Obama attacks Syria, and kills Assad. That can only help the Republicans during the next 2 election cycles,(next year and 2016). And Obama's base will be lookin' to mount his head on a pole.

#167270 Aug 27, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop dodging and make a policy recommendation.
I did.
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T2LK4SO...

“Mean People Suck”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#167271 Aug 27, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
It does get tougher and tougher to try to defend the obama administration's foreign policies, doesn't it? Better to just stay mum, and hope the media lets them pass.
Thinking back, I can name numerous obama foreign policy failures, but I can't think of one of barry's foreign policy successets.
If there's anything this exchange proves, it's that you have no patience, and that you don't need an actual response from me to read from your script.

#167272 Aug 27, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd agree if Assad hadn't chose to gas innocent men women, and children. That can't be allowed in a civilized society.
Are you absolutely sure it was the Assad regime? I'm not. Folks in those parts are notorious for creating incidents to gain support for their cause. That would be a small price to pay to get the US to take out the Assad regime... especially if the people paying the price weren't your people.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#167273 Aug 27, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you absolutely sure it was the Assad regime? I'm not. Folks in those parts are notorious for creating incidents to gain support for their cause. That would be a small price to pay to get the US to take out the Assad regime... especially if the people paying the price weren't your people.
You could be right of course. The talking heads who are much better connected to people that know, have said they have no doubt it was Assad.

#167274 Aug 27, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>If there's anything this exchange proves, it's that you have no patience, and that you don't need an actual response from me to read from your script.
I didn't expect you to answer, I was using you to show the weakness of this administration's probable unilateral Syrian policy. A policy that they are currently talking up a case for, without Congressional consent, or UN support.

The Syrian rebels, whomever they are, have obama right where they want him... having to take hasty action against their foe, to defend his "red line" statement.

It's been almost a year since the Benghazi fiasco, and even with a friendly Libyan government, and our own administration, we still don't have answers as to what happened. But, in about a week, with an unfriendly government, and no independent verification, we somehow have enough information to consider engaging in an act of war with Syria... I don't think so.

“Mean People Suck”

Lafayette IN

#167275 Aug 27, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't expect you to answer, I was using you to show the weakness of this administration's probable unilateral Syrian policy. A policy that they are currently talking up a case for, without Congressional consent, or UN support.
The Syrian rebels, whomever they are, have obama right where they want him... having to take hasty action against their foe, to defend his "red line" statement.
It's been almost a year since the Benghazi fiasco, and even with a friendly Libyan government, and our own administration, we still don't have answers as to what happened. But, in about a week, with an unfriendly government, and no independent verification, we somehow have enough information to consider engaging in an act of war with Syria... I don't think so.
Even if the intent of your phony 'questions' hadn't been so obvious, I don't see much point in discussing a possible U.S. response to events in the Middle East with someone so clueless that they think the U.S. had any leverage in Egypt re Mubarak, or in Iraq re continued presence of U.S. troops.

#167276 Aug 28, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Even if the intent of your phony 'questions' hadn't been so obvious, I don't see much point in discussing a possible U.S. response to events in the Middle East with someone so clueless that they think the U.S. had any leverage in Egypt re Mubarak, or in Iraq re continued presence of U.S. troops.
Good point. With pResident obama, we no longer have the influence we once had. Assad would have had nothing to fear militarily from the US... except obama's hand is being forced to defend his silly "red line" statement.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#167277 Aug 28, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
oh....the irony....it's...it's...it's got its own zip code....

Bear in mind, I agree that we shouldn't be bombing Syria..
Lost In Transition

United States

#167278 Aug 28, 2013
Hot off the press from Reuters:

"New York Times, Huffington Post, Twitter hacked by Syrian group."

They found time to squeeze in a little hacking between the bombs, bullets and chemical attacks. Seriously Reuters, and your government sources, this would be hilarious if people weren't about to die.
HipGnozizzz

Altona, IL

#167280 Aug 28, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't expect you to answer, I was using you
In other words, you were saying, "Ab-bot!" A good straight man is priceless, even if the punch lines are scripted.

When I finally figured out that virtually everything off your collective memo are all desperate bizarro-world attempts to find parallels to the previous admin's abject failures, it's just been a hoot ever since.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater and Honolulu

#167281 Aug 28, 2013
Woman brutally beaten by group of teens in North Side says attack was ‘racially motivated’

http://www.wpxi.com/news/news/woman-brutally-...

‘I Will Miss Him Every Day’: Chris Lane’s Father Gives Heartbreaking Speech at His Son’s Funeral

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/08/28/i-...

One of the two teenagers charged with murdering a World War II veteran is reportedly claiming they were buying crack cocaine from the 88-year-old man when the exchange turned violent, according to NBC News.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/08/28/ac...

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater and Honolulu

#167282 Aug 28, 2013
Burn Nidal Hassan burn.

Fort Hood Shooter Maj. Nidal Hassan Sentenced to Death

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/08/28/ft...

“Mean People Suck”

Lafayette IN

#167283 Aug 28, 2013
For what it's worth, if it is determined that WMD were used and it was Assad's forces who used them, I think the U.S. HAS to launch military strikes to damage his military infrastructure and command & control capabilities.

Under the law, the President can initiate this action, and is required to brief Congress. He is required to obtain Congressional approval if U.S. forces are going to be engaged for longer than 60 days (+ 30 for withdrawal). I can't foresee any circumstances where he would have to go to Congress for such approval.

I don't know that this will have a significant impact on the Syrian civil war - but that's not the point. The use of WMDs is the point, and how we proceed from here is something being watched very carefully in Damascus - and Terran.
Lost In Transition

Lake Wales, FL

#167284 Aug 28, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
Burn Nidal Hassan burn.
Fort Hood Shooter Maj. Nidal Hassan Sentenced to Death
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/08/28/ft...
I don't think we burn em anymore.
Pretty sure we use blow-guns armed with Cheetos.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 1 min Johnny 2,450
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min Pad 539,167
Good bye Michael Sam 6 min Doctor REALITY 3
Last Word + 2 8 min Hannah V 537
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 11 min Hukt on Fonix 733,194
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 18 min andet1987 469
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 19 min Insults Are Easier 258,069
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 26 min Peace_Warrior 600,004
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 34 min Patrick 226,389
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••