“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#166974 Aug 21, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>I'm about as independent as you can get.
You just keep believing that, if it makes you feel better about yourself....

(patting your head.)

aaaaaaaaaaaaand cue bob.........

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#166975 Aug 21, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea. Hold on a second while I get NSA to turn on your computer's camera.
I've had it covered with a swatch of duct tape ever since I first plugged this sucker in...have at it.

:)

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#166976 Aug 21, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>In any case, someone finally decided to discuss the ideas in the post I offered, without complaining that the shoe fit too tight....
'Preciate it.
:)
Well, for my part, somebody finally introduced a topic that engendered a bit of discussion rather than partisan angst and ad personum bile.

'Preciate dat.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#166977 Aug 21, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh but those are not MY extreme choices. Those choices belong to
yer troll pal Global Idiot. I mean c'mon chaser, he's only been parotting that for the last 5 years.(And yes I DO know you haven't been here that long). You've been around long enough to see what your pal spews up incessantly.
All of us are "somewhere in between" as you just stated. But YOU
are now officially a WARMONGER, and are now subject to the same
hacked-up-English insults as the rest of us.
I accept full responsibility for every one of my posts, but no responsibility whatsoever for anybody elses's posts. Not his, not yours, not anybody's.

The views expressed in my posts are mine alone. They do not necessarily reflect the views of this station or of any other poster.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#166978 Aug 21, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Lashing out now, huh. Temper temper.
The latest iteration of the 'whackadork' seems a little mushy in the throwing arm...you might want to tweak that mainspring a bit, bob.

Just a thought...

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#166979 Aug 21, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah. He's a regular HOOT ain't he?
Much to your evident chagrin, and pooly disguised envy, there ain't much 'regular' about HipG...

Eat your heart out, bob...you ol' regular guy you...

:)

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#166980 Aug 21, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Well, for my part, somebody finally introduced a topic that engendered a bit of discussion rather than partisan angst and ad personum bile.
'Preciate dat.
De nada.

*tips hat*

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#166981 Aug 21, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Keep saying it. Maybe if you say it often enough it will become true.(patting your hand)
Cloying condescension aside, this is why I said I doubt we'd be able to have this discussion on the same plane. I'm talking about systems, and you're talking about personal interpretations. Over the years you are endearingly consistent. You may well take that the wrong way, and it can't be helped. I don't mean it so, but I won't demean you either with patronization, and never have, just for the pretense of rapport.

It's very simple, I think.
Define "capitalism".
Apply Occam's Razor, paring away everything unnecessary for it to function.
What's left?

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#166982 Aug 21, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Cloying condescension aside, this is why I said I doubt we'd be able to have this discussion on the same plane. I'm talking about systems, and you're talking about personal interpretations. Over the years you are endearingly consistent. You may well take that the wrong way, and it can't be helped. I don't mean it so, but I won't demean you either with patronization, and never have, just for the pretense of rapport.
It's very simple, I think.
Define "capitalism".
Apply Occam's Razor, paring away everything unnecessary for it to function.
What's left?
Tsk, tsk now don't get personal there Hip. But seriously I took the discussion to a manageable level. In my masters program it was a valid way of testing, called single case design recognized by medical and government people alike. What is true for one often translates to the many, just as what is true for many often translates to the one. It also is quite useful in talking to people about their problems. Humanizing things is better I believe then the textbook approach. But then that is just my opinion. I was discussing with you Hip. I'm truly sorry that my method is not to your liking, but I was being quite serious. it's just a little petulant don't you think for you to say " I knew I couldn't discuss with you" without you looking at what your part might be in that.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#166983 Aug 21, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Tsk, tsk now don't get personal there Hip. But seriously I took the discussion to a manageable level. In my masters program it was a valid way of testing, called single case design recognized by medical and government people alike. What is true for one often translates to the many, just as what is true for many often translates to the one. It also is quite useful in talking to people about their problems. Humanizing things is better I believe then the textbook approach. But then that is just my opinion. I was discussing with you Hip. I'm truly sorry that my method is not to your liking, but I was being quite serious. it's just a little petulant don't you think for you to say " I knew I couldn't discuss with you" without you looking at what your part might be in that.
You started fine.

Then, your condescending tone kicked in.
Clearwater

Hollywood, FL

#166985 Aug 22, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>I'd be thrilled if you could give a definition of capitalism that doesn't embrace the pursuit, accumulation, and re-investment of wealth, i.e. "the love of money".
I would hope all would agree there is some modicum of humanity in Christianity. There is no humanity in capitalism. This is not a dig, but a simple definitive fact. Even the teabaggers saint Ayn Rand understood that. It's a scientific theory, with no more humanity than, say, electricity. It's humans that take both electricity and capitalism and make what they want of it, for better or worse. You can build an electric chair, or a surgical device, with electricity. Likewise with capitalism. In and of itself, it has no feeling, no sense of right/wrong, no humanity.
But at the core of it is "the love of money".
Bs. I've been blessed to do quite well in this system and can tell you I have no love of money. I even said that once in an interview, didn't get that job. I do agree that in itself it can be used for good or bad but feel its the closest thing on earth to let man pursue freedom. I would love it if people that speak of Jesus being a socialist would explain the parable of the talents to me.
Clearwater

Hollywood, FL

#166986 Aug 22, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You started fine.
Then, your condescending tone kicked in.
Oh the irony

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#166987 Aug 22, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Tsk, tsk now don't get personal there Hip. But seriously I took the discussion to a manageable level. In my masters program it was a valid way of testing, called single case design recognized by medical and government people alike. What is true for one often translates to the many, just as what is true for many often translates to the one. It also is quite useful in talking to people about their problems. Humanizing things is better I believe then the textbook approach. But then that is just my opinion. I was discussing with you Hip. I'm truly sorry that my method is not to your liking, but I was being quite serious. it's just a little petulant don't you think for you to say " I knew I couldn't discuss with you" without you looking at what your part might be in that.
"Keep saying it. Maybe if you say it often enough it will become true.(patting your hand)" isn't getting 'personal' there, Lis?

Deny it any way you like, but the pursuit of personal wealth is the fundamental concept inherent in capitalism. If you can point to some other fundamental concept of the capitalist credo, having nothing to do with 'money' or the pursuit of it, go ahead and do so - otherwise, I suppose, we can look forward to more hand-patting.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#166988 Aug 22, 2013
Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>Bs. I've been blessed to do quite well in this system and can tell you I have no love of money. I even said that once in an interview, didn't get that job. I do agree that in itself it can be used for good or bad but feel its the closest thing on earth to let man pursue freedom. I would love it if people that speak of Jesus being a socialist would explain the parable of the talents to me.
Please explain how 'let man pursue freedom' was one of Jesus' tenets.

In the parable of the talents, the third servant is a "whistle-blower" who has unmasked the 'joy of the master' for what it is, the profits of exploitation squandered in wasteful excess. He is punished for speaking the truth, not for failing to make a profit.

Ask and ye shall receive...doesn't mean you're going to like what you get, once you get it.

You're welcome, either way.
UidiotRaceMAKEWO RLD

Elmhurst, NY

#166989 Aug 22, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
So which is it, worthless troll? Yer not afraid to answer are ya?
Yer either an extreme peacenik like your pal, Global Idiot, or yer
a warmonger like the rest of us.
Deflections such as believing only in defense of country has NOTHING to do with it. Fairly easy question. Which one are you?
You have a Comprehension problem I'm neither. Defense is important for a nation than starting up wars on whims of what Corporatists and Corrupted /greedy Leaders wants as most time illegal overseas wars we morally and financially bankrupt a nation and incite growth of world of enemies. Have we all not learn from History of fall great empires (greedy and corrupted , that is nation overbuilding) caused it toppled from grace, like Ancient Rome/greece , Nazi Germany WW2, Weimer republic... what are ignorant and brainwashed? The US overseas wars is morally and financially US to trillions of US dollars a year and human tolled from civilians and Soldiers on both sides. While those in corrupted power and Affluent youngsters sit home and sent the many of my poor /mid class younger generation to fight for their immoral and illegal/stupid overseas wars for predatory corporatism/capitalism, and for greedy ill money world hegemonic agendas, and Manifest destiny and American Exceptionalism. So why don't you sent your whole family as fight in illegal wars and for cannon fodder. So war mongering dimwit? You kind our US war mongers/authoritarians are what is morally and financially is bankrupting US to tunes of trillion US dollars and human tolls on both sides because of US Immoral/illegal wars. So, you inhuman piece of war mongering/supporters scvms what you have to say for yourselves?

You really are a world warring moron! So, ignorant dimwit?
The war mongers/supporters Only the right wingers and Authoritarians 25% US population , as supporting implements of war-for-profiteering, war investments in war bonds/stocks and anything to do with illegal wars.
UidiotRaceMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#166990 Aug 22, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Cloying condescension aside, this is why I said I doubt we'd be able to have this discussion on the same plane. I'm talking about systems, and you're talking about personal interpretations. Over the years you are endearingly consistent. You may well take that the wrong way, and it can't be helped. I don't mean it so, but I won't demean you either with patronization, and never have, just for the pretense of rapport.
It's very simple, I think.
Define "capitalism".
Apply Occam's Razor, paring away everything unnecessary for it to function.
What's left?
Most can't even distinguish there good and bad side to CapitalisM! She and few on here and most on these Form can not applied Critical reasoning skills.... Most Authoritarians/war mongers love predatory capitalism!
UidiotRaceMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#166991 Aug 22, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>"Keep saying it. Maybe if you say it often enough it will become true.(patting your hand)" isn't getting 'personal' there, Lis?
Deny it any way you like, but the pursuit of personal wealth is the fundamental concept inherent in capitalism. If you can point to some other fundamental concept of the capitalist credo, having nothing to do with 'money' or the pursuit of it, go ahead and do so - otherwise, I suppose, we can look forward to more hand-patting.
See my post addressed to HipG!
UidiotRaceMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#166992 Aug 22, 2013
UidiotRaceMAKEWORLD wrote:
<quoted text>You have a Comprehension problem I'm neither. Defense is important for a nation than starting up wars on whims of what Corporatists and Corrupted /greedy Leaders wants as most time illegal overseas wars we morally and financially bankrupt a nation and incite growth of world of enemies. Have we all not learn from History of fall great empires (greedy and corrupted , that is nation overbuilding) caused it toppled from grace, like Ancient Rome/greece , Nazi Germany WW2, Weimer republic... what are ignorant and brainwashed? The US overseas wars is morally and financially US to trillions of US dollars a year and human tolled from civilians and Soldiers on both sides. While those in corrupted power and Affluent youngsters sit home and sent the many of my poor /mid class younger generation to fight for their immoral and illegal/stupid overseas wars for predatory corporatism/capitalism, and for greedy ill money world hegemonic agendas, and Manifest destiny and American Exceptionalism. So why don't you sent your whole family as fight in illegal wars and for cannon fodder. So war mongering dimwit? You kind our US war mongers/authoritarians are what is morally and financially is bankrupting US to tunes of trillion US dollars and human tolls on both sides because of US Immoral/illegal wars. So, you inhuman piece of war mongering/supporters scvms what you have to say for yourselves?
You really are a world warring moron! So, ignorant dimwit?
The war mongers/supporters Only the right wingers and Authoritarians 25% US population , as supporting implements of war-for-profiteering, war investments in war bonds/stocks and anything to do with illegal wars.
... morally and financially bankrupted US*
UidiotRaceMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#166993 Aug 22, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh but those are not MY extreme choices. Those choices belong to
yer troll pal Global Idiot. I mean c'mon chaser, he's only been parotting that for the last 5 years.(And yes I DO know you haven't been here that long). You've been around long enough to see what your pal spews up incessantly.
All of us are "somewhere in between" as you just stated. But YOU
are now officially a WARMONGER, and are now subject to the same
hacked-up-English insults as the rest of us.
ADD!~ Not everytime for 5 years , only if you or someone bring it up! As for 5 years like i said o talked about not just about wars but topic like economic, finance, politics, foreign policy, domestic news... Take yu BS and shovel up yo war mongering peabrian! BAHhahahhahaha Have a hiney melon! It good for you! HEHHEHHEHeheheeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEe eeee Hah ! mwBhahaahahahhaha

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#166994 Aug 22, 2013
UidiotRaceMAKEWORLD wrote:
<quoted text>Defense is important for a nation than starting up wars on whims of what Corporatists and Corrupted /greedy Leaders wants as most time illegal overseas wars we morally and financially bankrupt a nation and incite growth of world of enemies.
LIAR! Defending one's country has NOTHING to do with war, unless another country invades yours, IDIOT.

Other than that, YOU do not believe ANY war is justified for any reason. That's an extreme peacenik.[end of discussion]

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min atemcowboy 559,530
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Pokay 775,425
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 15 min Ugly Truth from d... 605,032
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 16 min Anti-Christ 441,777
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 17 min coco the zionist ... 119,661
Talk to Demi Lovato (Jul '08) 18 min rachel stallings 661
ElectrolŁx Servis Levent Eksiksiz hizmet 342 OO... 18 min electrofersen 1
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 19 min Aura Mytha 265,158
More from around the web