Bush is a hero

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#166862 Aug 20, 2013
Yellow Star Seed is Back wrote:
<quoted text>
For the same reason you do.
LOL

Except that I don't, Yellow. Anyone who has read more than one of your posts knows that you deliberately malign others, ESPECIALLY when those others disagree with you. I've certainly been known to give idiots the rough side of my tongue, but only after they've shown they have no intention of trying to behave respectfully toward others.

You see, Yellow, treating others respectfully, even when they hold different views from one's own, is something decent, CIVILIZED human beings do--or at least try to do. Jerks don't. YOU don't. And that, Yellow, is why you are a jerk, and I am not.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#166863 Aug 20, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Look, I don't understand the unwillingness to call Ft. Hood an act of terrorism myself.
Even with that, I have trouble understanding the problem when Obama didn't say Islamic but instead referred to radical extremists (or whatever). I mean, I understand it "drives some of [you] nuts" that a liberal IS president, but it's not like everybody in the world didn't know who he was referring to.
Where's the beef?
In the meat section at the grocery store, Willie.

Seriously, Willie, it's very simple. Major Nidal Hassan did what he did BECAUSE OF HIS RELIGION. The 19 Muslim terrorists who hijacked 4 planes on September 11, 2001 did so BECAUSE OF THEIR RELIGION.

I could go on, but I think you get the drift. We KNOW that not all Muslims are terrorists. That's understood. But 95% of the terrorist incidents over the last 20 years have been perpetrated BY MUSLIMS acting in the name of their religion, their religion which encourages, even COMMANDS them to mistreat and even kill anyone who isn't a Muslim. And there is NO excuse for President Obama's dancing around that simple fact--none. THAT'S the beef, and it's a very legitimate one. It's a standing rib roast of a beef.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#166864 Aug 20, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Actually i am saying that there are many who haven't fallen for it, and many more that are realizing they've been duped. This includes the lily white among us too. Tell me that all the people you mention are living better under obama and I'll consider that argument. I give every race and religion credit for being able to make it on their own. Do you?
Let the black people vote.

And let the Hispanic, brown people, vote.

And accept their judgment of what's best for them.

Don't presume to be better.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#166865 Aug 20, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously, Willie, it's very simple. Major Nidal Hassan did what he did BECAUSE OF HIS RELIGION. The 19 Muslim terrorists who hijacked 4 planes on September 11, 2001 did so BECAUSE OF THEIR RELIGION.
I could go on, but I think you get the drift. We KNOW that not all Muslims are terrorists. That's understood. But 95% of the terrorist incidents over the last 20 years have been perpetrated BY MUSLIMS acting in the name of their religion, their religion which encourages, even COMMANDS them to mistreat and even kill anyone who isn't a Muslim. And there is NO excuse for President Obama's dancing around that simple fact--none. THAT'S the beef, and it's a very legitimate one. It's a standing rib roast of a beef.
I agree with you that the world would be a far better place if we could get rid of organized religion.

ALL organized religion.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#166866 Aug 20, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, I never said Obama didn't win. Politicians lie sometimes and when they do they try to get out of it by claiming all kinds of things including racism. The people have every right to get those people out of there. Listen to Senator Guillory from Lousiana. He believes liberalism has destroyed black america. I do too.
UiDiotRaceMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#166867 Aug 20, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
I could go on, but I think you get the drift. We KNOW that not all Muslims are terrorists. That's understood. But 95% of the terrorist incidents over the last 20 years have been perpetrated BY MUSLIMS acting in the name of their religion, their religion which encourages, even COMMANDS them to mistreat and even kill anyone who isn't a Muslim. And there is NO excuse for President Obama's dancing around that simple fact--none. THAT'S the beef, and it's a very legitimate one. It's a standing rib r st of a beef.
You are paranoid ! like you said there good and bad ! hERE WE GO AGAIN with fear mongering. How you know it is religion that played a role? Might it be other Bully him because if color, and religion...?! And What about American Chinese Soldier In US military who been bully and Killed?

Did you know the our quality of US military is in dump today, majority is mostly filled with Neo-Nazis, Skin heads, Christian Fundies ...

FYI , not a muslim and not religious. Before some of you on here get so paranoid and pass judgement!

Question to you all! Why as AMerican we are so paranoid?

United States

#166868 Aug 20, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you that the world would be a far better place if we could get rid of organized religion.
ALL organized religion.
U should read my piece address to Roberto

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#166869 Aug 20, 2013
More and more black americans are objecting to the plantation attitude of the democrats. They are in the minority, yes, but like all brave people they will speak out and be pilloried until people start to listen. Remember that the Germans were duped by Hitler. And many of those that weren't were afraid to speak out for fear of being persecuted. The germans weren't stupid either. Many black conservatives have said they are afraid to admit they did not vote for Obama. They have seen how black conservatives are maligned. But the more that people see how the liberal democrats do not have their best interest at heart the more you will hear the voices of black americans who do not want a nanny state. I'm excited. Because that is when true equality will exist.

United States

#166870 Aug 20, 2013
Inverted Totalitarianism, by Sheldon Wolin, The Nation, May 19, 2003, p13
keyword(s)
Republicans/Democrats
fascism

'
The Republicans have emerged as a unique phenomenon in American history - a fervently doctrinal party, zealous, ruthless, antidemocratic ...

In ceasing to be a genuine opposition party the Democrats have smoothed the road to power of a party more than eager to use it to promote empire abroad and corporate power at home.

United States

#166871 Aug 20, 2013
lisw wrote:
More and more black americans are objecting to the plantation attitude of the democrats. They are in the minority, yes, but like all brave people they will speak out and be pilloried until people start to listen. Remember that the Germans were duped by Hitler. And many of those that weren't were afraid to speak out for fear of being persecuted. The germans weren't stupid either. Many black conservatives have said they are afraid to admit they did not vote for Obama. They have seen how black conservatives are maligned. But the more that people see how the liberal democrats do not have their best interest at heart the more you will hear the voices of black americans who do not want a nanny state. I'm excited. Because that is when true equality will exist.
White, black, brown, yellow... duped by US Hitler of today! Wake up time low info voters /sheeoppples W BHAHAHHAAHA

United States

#166872 Aug 20, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
U forgot women, and yellow.

United States

#166873 Aug 20, 2013
This is our obnoxious War mongering /right wing Americans that causing the big mess at home and abroad ! And, you know who you are! Note Not a rightie or leftie!
BAHHAHHHA Q Did i catch with your pant/ies down! U been violated! HEHEHEHE!

Good/Moral leaders are coming out to speak their minds!`

by John W. Dean,White House Counsel for United States President Richard Nixon from July 1970 until April 1973. Writes for Findlaw - Law & Legal Information

Robert Altemeyer a social scientist based in Canada, believes about 25 percent of the adult population in the United States is solidly authoritarian (with that group mostly composed of followers, and a small percentage of potential leaders). It is in these ranks of some 70 million that we find the core of the McCain/Palin supporters. They are people who are, in Altemeyer's words, are "so self-righteous, so ill-informed, and so dogmatic that nothing you can say or do will change their minds."

!

United States

#166874 Aug 20, 2013
You know who you are

Democrats and republicans (The leaders) are same boat today crooked - Kowtow to greed and Power, is really 'Party of 'One' A political criminal Syndicate, of old boys club! Politicak chicanery it is, Wake up time all! BWHHHHWHWHHWHHW You drink from same fountain, you minds are pollute , as you can tell what is what! SAD! ironic!

====

The Evidence Establishes, Without Question, That Republican Rule Is Dangerous
by John W. Dean,White House Counsel for United States President Richard Nixon from July 1970 until April 1973. Writes for Findlaw - Law & Legal Information

neocons
Republicans

'The problem is that authoritarian [conservative] followers are much more active than the rest of the country. They have the mentality of 'old-time religion' on a crusade, and they generously give money, time and effort to the cause. They proselytize; they lick stamps; they put pressure on loved ones; and they revel in being loyal to a cohesive group of like thinkers. And they are so submissive to their leaders that they will believe and do virtually anything they are told. They are not going to let up and they are not going to go away.

United States

#166875 Aug 20, 2013
Bill Maher

'
The Democrats have moved to the right, and the Republicans have moved to a mental hospital.

BAHHAHAHHAHAHaaa

United States

#166876 Aug 20, 2013
And know for Democrats! BAHAHAAHAHHA

Robert Reich, is an American political economist, professor, author, and political commentator. He served in the administrations of Presidents Gerald Ford and Jimmy Carter and was Secretary of Labor under President Bill Clinton from 1993 to 1997.

The Democrats ... lost their identity not because Americans became more respectful of wealth and power or more convinced trickle-down economics would actually work (polls show widespread opposition to capital gains breaks for the rich), but because Democrats became dependent on the rich to finance their campaigns.... It Is difficult to represent the little fellow when the big fellow pays the tab.... Democrats have come to sound like Republicans because they rely on the same funders to make the same contacts as the GOP.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#166877 Aug 20, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>I was wondering the same thing, tho' I think you mighta shot a blank including Willie on that one.
My such an emotional li'l guy for a fact-based MISinformation
professor. Didja misplace your spiked mace?

All 3 of us took Yellow to task for the msg he posted. Yet now for some reason he "shot a blank" when he included WWW?

That is TRULY touchin' Spoonie!

United States

#166878 Aug 20, 2013
Michael Moore, Stupid White Men, p214

Bill Clinton, and most other contemporary Democrats, did not and will not do what is best for us or the world we live in. We don't pay their bills - the top 10 percent do, and it is their will that will always be done...

So is there a difference between Democrats and Republicans? Sure. The Democrats say one thing ("Save the planet!") and then do another—quietly holding hands behind the scenes with the bastards who make this world a dirtier, meaner place. The Republicans just come right out and give the bastards a corner office in the West Wing. That's the difference.

United States

#166879 Aug 20, 2013
Morris Berman, is an American historian and social critic
The Twilight of American Culture, p10
'
The Republican and Democratic parties represent corporate interests, rather than genuine democracy.

United States

#166880 Aug 20, 2013
Chalmers Johnson, an American author and professor emeritus of the University of California, San Diego. He served in the Korean War, was a consultant for the CIA from 1967 to 1973, and chaired the Center for Chinese Studies at the University of California, Berkeley from 1967 to 1972
The Democratic Party is no more interested in restoring the checks and balances on the president than the Republican Party

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#166881 Aug 20, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
ALL organized religion.
Your troll pal, Global Idiot, is an extreme peacenik that believes
NO war is ever justified. So if you do NOT believe as he does, you are automatically a "war monger".

For the record, chaser. Are you an extreme peacenik, or are you a "war monger"? I'm sure you won't forget that wars are also common in South America.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 min Elerby 24,833
Dog was hit by a car. Who is responsible for what? 8 min Some Advice 4
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min Gods r Delusion x... 685,491
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 38 min Robert F 985,590
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 49 min Here For Now 619,750
2510 Cantrell Road Walmart's FRIED CHICKEN is a... 1 hr Doctor REALITY 1
News GOP not interested in health care for us 1 hr Bug 2
More from around the web