|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2013

Judged:

lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Oh sweetie, it's called "progress" Only a moron talks about the same thing for 5-7 years without changing the subject or moving forward. This isn't a class, this is a conversation.
A change of subject is served by a change in the name of the thread.

People decide to check a thread rely on the name.

Unless it's a little group of regulars hanging out.

If it's that, you should just do Facebook.

In Topixspeak, JMO.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2013

Yellow Star Seed is Back wrote:
<quoted text>
fair enough point to make but was the energy spent worth the reward?
The people who post on a regular basis here could continue their conversation that you say are no longer relevant to the thread title by moving the conversation to a new or different thread more appropriately titled and avoid the whole situation....could they not?
There is something very ironic about your(and BB's) criticism of my post, at least my post related to the subject heading of this thread.
My criticism was aimed more at your inability to keep abreast of the direction this thread has taken, than anything else. Because I knew your job takes priority over staying current, you have to be able to rock with the critiques, or roll with the bumps. NBD.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2013

Judged:

Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
"...a twisted popular form of Christianity catalyzes two other more powerful ingredients; predatory capitalism and a government that serves the interests of big money.
For instance, while we hammer home the lessons of radical individualism in the guise of moral virtue, we reduce the resources or opportunities required to become self sustaining for great portions of our citizenry.
Just to be sure no one mistakes our moral lesson of self-sufficiency, we raise the interest rates on student loans, and the vital college education needed for success in the future becomes less accessible to the masses.
To be sure our moral lessons continue, we keep our taxes low and maintain our spending on defense against an imagined enemy and our educational system is gutted to balance the budget.
We are cursed with near sightedness. We canít seem to see the long term effects on the country when a low skilled, minimally educated workforce must shoulder the tax load of the future or compete with highly educated citizens of other nations.
We have an amazing ability to blame the victims in our troubled society and justify our accusations on a revisionist Christian morality which would be unrecognizable to the Christ himself. Not so much because Christianity was St. Paulís invention, but because of the absurdity of present day revisionist interpretations.
This modern form of Christianity has become an expedient for the infiltration of a radical form of capitalism intermingled with our public institutions. The very same institutions that were formed to protect the interests of the citizenry, who are now doing the bidding of the mega wealthy, while pointing to the moral failure of the masses they were intended to serve.
Yes, Mr. Caputo, we have many idols. And although Iím encouraged by your efforts to deconstruct Christianity, I doubt our ability or willingness to take the same actions with capitalism and governance.
It would never get through the Republican led House of Representatives. Thatís the one with all the good Christian Tea Party moralists.
Rather, they are satisfied to keep Americans dancing around the golden calf, with the improbable hope that eventually some of capitalismís largesse will trickle down into their laps.
We are minimum wage, millionaires-in-waiting, fully immersed in this form of idolatry, trusting our day will come.
If there is an unpardonable sin, itís using religion to separate and discriminate rather than to connect and make whole...."
-Robert De Fillipis
Any thoughts?
Calm and cogent discussion, anyone?
(Please leave any name-calling, disparagement of the intelligence of folks with opposing views, and general condescension at the door...)
We talk about this sort of stuff in the Why Should Jesus Love Me thread.

“"Tanners Flat" U dummy”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2013

Judged:

"...a twisted popular form of Christianity catalyzes two other more powerful ingredients; predatory capitalism and a government that serves the interests of big money.
For instance, while we hammer home the lessons of radical individualism in the guise of moral virtue, we reduce the resources or opportunities required to become self sustaining for great portions of our citizenry.
Just to be sure no one mistakes our moral lesson of self-sufficiency, we raise the interest rates on student loans, and the vital college education needed for success in the future becomes less accessible to the masses.
To be sure our moral lessons continue, we keep our taxes low and maintain our spending on defense against an imagined enemy and our educational system is gutted to balance the budget.
We are cursed with near sightedness. We canít seem to see the long term effects on the country when a low skilled, minimally educated workforce must shoulder the tax load of the future or compete with highly educated citizens of other nations.
We have an amazing ability to blame the victims in our troubled society and justify our accusations on a revisionist Christian morality which would be unrecognizable to the Christ himself. Not so much because Christianity was St. Paulís invention, but because of the absurdity of present day revisionist interpretations.
This modern form of Christianity has become an expedient for the infiltration of a radical form of capitalism intermingled with our public institutions. The very same institutions that were formed to protect the interests of the citizenry, who are now doing the bidding of the mega wealthy, while pointing to the moral failure of the masses they were intended to serve.
Yes, Mr. Caputo, we have many idols. And although Iím encouraged by your efforts to deconstruct Christianity, I doubt our ability or willingness to take the same actions with capitalism and governance.
It would never get through the Republican led House of Representatives. Thatís the one with all the good Christian Tea Party moralists.
Rather, they are satisfied to keep Americans dancing around the golden calf, with the improbable hope that eventually some of capitalismís largesse will trickle down into their laps.
We are minimum wage, millionaires-in-waiting, fully immersed in this form of idolatry, trusting our day will come.
If there is an unpardonable sin, itís using religion to separate and discriminate rather than to connect and make whole...."
-Robert De Fillipis
Any thoughts?
(Please leave any name-calling, disparagement of the intelligence of folks with opposing views, and general condescension at the door...)
I concur with the author.
UIDOTRACEMAKEWOR LDPEACE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2013

Judged:

-Robert De Fillipis
Any thoughts?
Liek i said way back Corrupted Religion and Professional Patriotism hide Under Auspice of nationalism , and it racism, corporatism... is cause of many US wars and violence worldwide

“"Tanners Flat" U dummy”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2013

Judged:

lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Oh sweetie, it's called "progress" Only a moron talks about the same thing for 5-7 years without changing the subject or moving forward. This isn't a class, this is a conversation.
Hey moron, you've been on the same thing for five to seven years now, it's a thread on topix called "Bush is a hero".
UIDOTRACEMAKEWOR LDPEACE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Working 60+ hours a week BB, maybe you can find a way to understand my absence here and why I might not be around to know all that happens here, I have set my priorities so that work comes before topix.
Bad bob is biggest troll and a War monger supporter, right wing/ supporter, Army brat lover... there you go! WBHAHAHHAH oops Biddy eye bad bob will be incenses and blow up or till over, who knows what kind stuffed up rage he is holding, he is ready to blow ! BWHAHAHHAAHHAHA
UIDOTRACEMAKEWOR LDPEACE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
There are warring savages in positions of power in the USA that can and have abused their authority and have mislead and misused.......but they are the enemies of the USA and antithetical to all it stands for.
Now with that said, there are warring savages from all four corners with the cooperation of the collective that set the stage for each act.
Example: Egyptians will eventually pass freedom by to get security again. Actions have been calculated and designed to achieve the desired reaction.
The "people" have to take back what is their's, the power of recognition, the "authorities" have no power but through the recognition bestowed unto them by the people.
'Rise like Lions after slumber
In unvanquishable number,
Shake your chains to earth like dew
Which in sleep had fallen on you -
Ye are many - they are few.
What is Freedom?- ye can tell
That which slavery is, too well -
For its very name has grown
To an echo of your own.'~Percy Shelley "The Masque of Anarchy"
Please expand on who these evil US war mongers are
?
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
If that is your best comeback.....I pity you.
It wasn't really a "comeback." I simply posted the first line of a mildly amusing limerick. I think of a comeback as more of a sharp retort.
If I wanted to give you one of those I would probably have said something like: "Yo, Longfellow, poetry readings are only held on Tuesday and Thursday evenings and in suite 305. You're in the wrong room, on the wrong day, pal."
Or pehaps I would have begged you to capitvate & enthrall the forum with a reading of-----> In Flanders Field the poppies grow, between the crosses row on row...
See?
And in case you haven't heard you irrelevant grouch, I AM Little Miss Smarty Pants, so put a hockey sock in it and take your seat!

BAM!
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
We talk about this sort of stuff in the Why Should Jesus Love Me thread.
No you don't. In the Why Should Jesus Love Me forum, you and a handful of bullies poke, mock and steal the lunch money every single day from a handful of Christians who want to discuss Christ and Christianity.
You're there to make them feel badly about themslves so you can feel better about you.

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
No you don't. In the Why Should Jesus Love Me forum, you and a handful of bullies poke, mock and steal the lunch money every single day from a handful of Christians who want to discuss Christ and Christianity.
You're there to make them feel badly about themslves so you can feel better about you.
Anybody can go over and see for him/herself who bullies whom.

What are you so unhappy about?

It's so clear that something is eating at you.

I know, you'll blame it on the President.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I beg your pardon Mr. Wizard but any observation I make which you find displeasing doesn't magically translate into unhappiness simply because you cannot defend what a supposedly {cough} Harvard trained employed lawyer {cough} is doing in there 40+ hours a week. Preparing for an upcoming murder trial? Conducting discovery? Taking depositions?
You correct grammar and punctuation, it only took you 4 months to explain to some minimumly educated kid why spanking a 6 month old baby is wrong and you derive a daily dose of joy by commenting on the various flaws and shortcomings of Christians who post there.
Big shock. You bring nothing to the table in here either.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go take something for my cough and you should be running along too. There are a whole bunch of Christians over there just waiting for you to grace the forum with your brilliance.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
A change of subject is served by a change in the name of the thread.
People decide to check a thread rely on the name.
Unless it's a little group of regulars hanging out.
If it's that, you should just do Facebook.
In Topixspeak, JMO.
Will you take care of that for us there, Catcher? Change the name of the thread. Whatever you decide is fine with me. I sure don't want some unsuspecting person to come on the thread and find out it's about present day politics without knowing it first. Oh woe is them.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Hey moron, you've been on the same thing for five to seven years now, it's a thread on topix called "Bush is a hero".
Honey I think the moron is you. You took BB seriously that you are so great coming to the thread only rarely because you're working. Truth is everyone here is working and has a life well beyond topix.(except maybe Catcher, topix is where he does his dating) The idea that you have to choose is ludicrous.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

<quoted text>
Let me guess, she rubs flower between her thighs and then bakes it in the oven at 350 degrees and calls it wunderbread?
No?
I'll take this one, Roberta. Reported.(Don't worry, you know the drill)

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm over there quite often, and she's right on the money.......... Your pretty dumb for a lawyer chaser.........

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

lisw wrote:
<quoted text>(except maybe Catcher, topix is where he does his dating)
LOL......

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
I beg your pardon Mr. Wizard but any observation I make which you find displeasing doesn't magically translate into unhappiness simply because you cannot defend what a supposedly {cough} Harvard trained employed lawyer {cough} is doing in there 40+ hours a week. Preparing for an upcoming murder trial? Conducting discovery? Taking depositions?
You correct grammar and punctuation, it only took you 4 months to explain to some minimumly educated kid why spanking a 6 month old baby is wrong and you derive a daily dose of joy by commenting on the various flaws and shortcomings of Christians who post there.
Big shock. You bring nothing to the table in here either.
Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go take something for my cough and you should be running along too. There are a whole bunch of Christians over there just waiting for you to grace the forum with your brilliance.
Dear Miss Ann Thrope,

Thank you for your missive. I appreciate your fan support. Please continue to follow my performances.

I hope you agree that it's simply wrong to strike a six-month-old baby. I did convince RiversideHick of that, although it was a tough row to hoe.

Catcher

P.S. Minimumly is not a word.

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm over there quite often, and she's right on the money.......... Your pretty dumb for a lawyer chaser.........
It's Catcher, not chaser.

More important, it's you're, not your.

Here's a little reminder for you:

Youíre You are
Your It belongs to you
Theyíre They are
Their It belongs to them
There A place
Weíre We are
Were Past tense of are
Where A place
Then A point in time
Than A method of comparison
Two The number 2
To Indicates motion
Too Also

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's Catcher, not chaser.
What fits best is probably charlatan, crook or con artist....... Your either no lawyer at all or a very despicable one.........

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 159,121 - 159,140 of171,376
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

513 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Willow Smith Photos Too Mature For 13 Year Old? 3 min dave 4
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 3 min Johnny 1,338
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min gort 715,609
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 8 min andet1987 1,699
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 12 min Chess 529,564
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 21 min FudgeNFury 255,468
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 21 min Buck Crick 222,978
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 31 min East is Red 114,496
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr BenAdam 598,695
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••