Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#166635 Aug 18, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone with a pulse knows the republican party is split, Catcher and the debates are a long way off.
But thanks! Your post was riveting.
You're most welcome, Lyndi.

It's just that one wouldn't know you are aware of this from your posts, which are endless repetitions, in your usual technicolor, of your distaste for our president.

In any case, again, it's my pleasure.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#166636 Aug 18, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Look, I don't understand the unwillingness to call Ft. Hood an act of terrorism myself.
Even with that, I have trouble understanding the problem when Obama didn't say Islamic but instead referred to radical extremists (or whatever).
I mean, I understand it "drives some of [you] nuts" that a liberal IS president, but it's not like everybody in the world didn't know who he was referring to.
Where's the beef?
I wrote: "The guy has a clear aversion to calling a spade a flipping spade, and yes it's drives some of us nuts."
Nowhere in my post did I say having a liberal president made me nuts. I was specifically referring to his choice of words. My entire post was about his choice of words. Why are you making thngs up?

In a speech recently, Obama said, "The one unifying principle in the Republican Party at the moment is making sure that 30 million people don't have health care."

====
REPUBLICANS ARE TRYING TO MAKE SURE 30 MILLION AMERICANS DON'T HAVE HEALTH CARE.
====

THAT ladies and gentlemen is how a verbal bs artist wins elections from low information voter base who actually believe that crap.

Pitiful.

“2016 No Clinton No Bush!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#166637 Aug 18, 2013
Yellow Star Seed is Back wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't always understand the point you or others here are trying to make. I would guess none of us are different in that respect when you really think about it, huh willie?
PS- Not knowing something when you want to can be a point of stress, that is where patience comes in, it may be that you never will know some things.
So you didn't have a point?

“"Tanners Flat" U dummy”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#166638 Aug 18, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>So you didn't have a point?
Get your sh!t together willie, I never said I didn't have a point, I empathized with you about not knowing what the point was.

Maybe you should just ask what the point is if you are not sure or can't determine it rather than make a damn fool of yourself like you just have.

We all are....and act like fools at times, we all have room to improve.

BTW- The point of that statement was to empathize with you about acting like a damn fool.....just in case you don't get it. The point of my post that was so elusive to you has to do with providing a counterpoint to the thread topic and it's true believers glowing reviews. Time is a better judge than any of us and so far time has not judged GWB well, nor do I think it ever will on certain aspects of his presidency.
Clearwater

Hollywood, FL

#166640 Aug 18, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
I wrote: "The guy has a clear aversion to calling a spade a flipping spade, and yes it's drives some of us nuts."
Nowhere in my post did I say having a liberal president made me nuts. I was specifically referring to his choice of words. My entire post was about his choice of words. Why are you making thngs up?
In a speech recently, Obama said, "The one unifying principle in the Republican Party at the moment is making sure that 30 million people don't have health care."
====
REPUBLICANS ARE TRYING TO MAKE SURE 30 MILLION AMERICANS DON'T HAVE HEALTH CARE.
====
THAT ladies and gentlemen is how a verbal bs artist wins elections from low information voter base who actually believe that crap.
Pitiful.
Indeed. What a shock that the ones that bitch about lies say nothing.

“"Tanners Flat" U dummy”

Location hidden

#166641 Aug 18, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Thing is, Yeller, that dog ya posted has been run to death many times over. If you hung around in here more often, instead of tryin' to earn a living, you'd've known that.
Working 60+ hours a week BB, maybe you can find a way to understand my absence here and why I might not be around to know all that happens here, I have set my priorities so that work comes before topix.

“"Tanners Flat" U dummy”

Location hidden

#166642 Aug 18, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
There was an old man from Nantucket....
If that is your best comeback.....I pity you.

Lafayette IN

#166643 Aug 18, 2013
<quoted text>
Get your sh!t together willie, I never said I didn't have a point, I empathized with you about not knowing what the point was.
Maybe you should just ask what the point is if you are not sure or can't determine it rather than make a damn fool of yourself like you just have.
We all are....and act like fools at times, we all have room to improve.
BTW- The point of that statement was to empathize with you about acting like a damn fool.....just in case you don't get it. The point of my post that was so elusive to you has to do with providing a counterpoint to the thread topic and it's true believers glowing reviews. Time is a better judge than any of us and so far time has not judged GWB well, nor do I think it ever will on certain aspects of his presidency.
I'm really, really, REALLY glad that you cleared that up for me. I'm sure I'll sleep sounder tonight now that the great burden of the mystery of your point has been cleared up.

Silly me ... aside from the mistake admitted to, your point eluded me because (the title notwithstanding) the conversation in here has been on other than Bush for, oh, five years or more.

As an occasional reader of the thread, I would have thought you'd known that too...

“"Tanners Flat" U dummy”

Location hidden

#166646 Aug 18, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>I'm really, really, REALLY glad that you cleared that up for me. I'm sure I'll sleep sounder tonight now that the great burden of the mystery of your point has been cleared up.
Silly me ... aside from the mistake admitted to, your point eluded me because (the title notwithstanding) the conversation in here has been on other than Bush for, oh, five years or more.
As an occasional reader of the thread, I would have thought you'd known that too...
fair enough point to make but was the energy spent worth the reward?

The people who post on a regular basis here could continue their conversation that you say are no longer relevant to the thread title by moving the conversation to a new or different thread more appropriately titled and avoid the whole situation....could they not?

There is something very ironic about your(and BB's) criticism of my post, at least my post related to the subject heading of this thread.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#166649 Aug 18, 2013
<quoted text>
If that is your best comeback.....I pity you.
Nah...she usually likes to give out her recipe for yeast dough. You just caught her on an off day.

Either that, or the pool guy got more than an eyeful, and she's feeling a residue of friskiness.

Lafayette IN

#166650 Aug 18, 2013
<quoted text>
The people who post on a regular basis here could continue their conversation that you say are no longer relevant to the thread title by moving the conversation to a new or different thread more appropriately titled and avoid the whole situation....could they not?
There is something very ironic about your(and BB's) criticism of my post, at least my post related to the subject heading of this thread.
You can certainly be a petulant little fella ...

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#166651 Aug 18, 2013
<quoted text>
Oh sweetie, it's called "progress" Only a moron talks about the same thing for 5-7 years without changing the subject or moving forward. This isn't a class, this is a conversation.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#166653 Aug 18, 2013
"...a twisted popular form of Christianity catalyzes two other more powerful ingredients; predatory capitalism and a government that serves the interests of big money.

For instance, while we hammer home the lessons of radical individualism in the guise of moral virtue, we reduce the resources or opportunities required to become self sustaining for great portions of our citizenry.

Just to be sure no one mistakes our moral lesson of self-sufficiency, we raise the interest rates on student loans, and the vital college education needed for success in the future becomes less accessible to the masses.

To be sure our moral lessons continue, we keep our taxes low and maintain our spending on defense against an imagined enemy and our educational system is gutted to balance the budget.

We are cursed with near sightedness. We canít seem to see the long term effects on the country when a low skilled, minimally educated workforce must shoulder the tax load of the future or compete with highly educated citizens of other nations.

We have an amazing ability to blame the victims in our troubled society and justify our accusations on a revisionist Christian morality which would be unrecognizable to the Christ himself. Not so much because Christianity was St. Paulís invention, but because of the absurdity of present day revisionist interpretations.

This modern form of Christianity has become an expedient for the infiltration of a radical form of capitalism intermingled with our public institutions. The very same institutions that were formed to protect the interests of the citizenry, who are now doing the bidding of the mega wealthy, while pointing to the moral failure of the masses they were intended to serve.

Yes, Mr. Caputo, we have many idols. And although Iím encouraged by your efforts to deconstruct Christianity, I doubt our ability or willingness to take the same actions with capitalism and governance.

It would never get through the Republican led House of Representatives. Thatís the one with all the good Christian Tea Party moralists.

Rather, they are satisfied to keep Americans dancing around the golden calf, with the improbable hope that eventually some of capitalismís largesse will trickle down into their laps.

We are minimum wage, millionaires-in-waiting, fully immersed in this form of idolatry, trusting our day will come.

If there is an unpardonable sin, itís using religion to separate and discriminate rather than to connect and make whole...."
-Robert De Fillipis

Any thoughts?
Calm and cogent discussion, anyone?
(Please leave any name-calling, disparagement of the intelligence of folks with opposing views, and general condescension at the door...)

Long Beach, CA

#166654 Aug 18, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Oh sweetie, it's called "progress" Only a moron talks about the same thing for 5-7 years without changing the subject or moving forward. This isn't a class, this is a conversation.
A change of subject is served by a change in the name of the thread.

People decide to check a thread rely on the name.

Unless it's a little group of regulars hanging out.

If it's that, you should just do Facebook.

In Topixspeak, JMO.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#166655 Aug 18, 2013
<quoted text>
My criticism was aimed more at your inability to keep abreast of the direction this thread has taken, than anything else. Because I knew your job takes priority over staying current, you have to be able to rock with the critiques, or roll with the bumps. NBD.

Long Beach, CA

#166656 Aug 18, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
"...a twisted popular form of Christianity catalyzes two other more powerful ingredients; predatory capitalism and a government that serves the interests of big money.
For instance, while we hammer home the lessons of radical individualism in the guise of moral virtue, we reduce the resources or opportunities required to become self sustaining for great portions of our citizenry.
Just to be sure no one mistakes our moral lesson of self-sufficiency, we raise the interest rates on student loans, and the vital college education needed for success in the future becomes less accessible to the masses.
To be sure our moral lessons continue, we keep our taxes low and maintain our spending on defense against an imagined enemy and our educational system is gutted to balance the budget.
We are cursed with near sightedness. We canít seem to see the long term effects on the country when a low skilled, minimally educated workforce must shoulder the tax load of the future or compete with highly educated citizens of other nations.
We have an amazing ability to blame the victims in our troubled society and justify our accusations on a revisionist Christian morality which would be unrecognizable to the Christ himself. Not so much because Christianity was St. Paulís invention, but because of the absurdity of present day revisionist interpretations.
This modern form of Christianity has become an expedient for the infiltration of a radical form of capitalism intermingled with our public institutions. The very same institutions that were formed to protect the interests of the citizenry, who are now doing the bidding of the mega wealthy, while pointing to the moral failure of the masses they were intended to serve.
Yes, Mr. Caputo, we have many idols. And although Iím encouraged by your efforts to deconstruct Christianity, I doubt our ability or willingness to take the same actions with capitalism and governance.
It would never get through the Republican led House of Representatives. Thatís the one with all the good Christian Tea Party moralists.
Rather, they are satisfied to keep Americans dancing around the golden calf, with the improbable hope that eventually some of capitalismís largesse will trickle down into their laps.
We are minimum wage, millionaires-in-waiting, fully immersed in this form of idolatry, trusting our day will come.
If there is an unpardonable sin, itís using religion to separate and discriminate rather than to connect and make whole...."
-Robert De Fillipis
Any thoughts?
(Please leave any name-calling, disparagement of the intelligence of folks with opposing views, and general condescension at the door...)
We talk about this sort of stuff in the Why Should Jesus Love Me thread.

“"Tanners Flat" U dummy”

Location hidden

#166657 Aug 18, 2013
-Robert De Fillipis
Any thoughts?
I concur with the author.
UIDOTRACEMAKEWOR LDPEACE

United States

#166658 Aug 18, 2013
-Robert De Fillipis
Any thoughts?
Liek i said way back Corrupted Religion and Professional Patriotism hide Under Auspice of nationalism , and it racism, corporatism... is cause of many US wars and violence worldwide

“"Tanners Flat" U dummy”

Location hidden

#166659 Aug 18, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Oh sweetie, it's called "progress" Only a moron talks about the same thing for 5-7 years without changing the subject or moving forward. This isn't a class, this is a conversation.
Hey moron, you've been on the same thing for five to seven years now, it's a thread on topix called "Bush is a hero".
UIDOTRACEMAKEWOR LDPEACE

United States

#166660 Aug 18, 2013
<quoted text>
Working 60+ hours a week BB, maybe you can find a way to understand my absence here and why I might not be around to know all that happens here, I have set my priorities so that work comes before topix.
Bad bob is biggest troll and a War monger supporter, right wing/ supporter, Army brat lover... there you go! WBHAHAHHAH oops Biddy eye bad bob will be incenses and blow up or till over, who knows what kind stuffed up rage he is holding, he is ready to blow ! BWHAHAHHAAHHAHA

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 36 min Lumajuice 808,872
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 46 min andet1987 5,531
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 47 min lil whispers 2,003
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr AussieBobby 268,787
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr truth 573,585
sex (May '13) 2 hr hitu 83
Umthondo omkhulu nekuku emanzi eKWT & EL 2 hr NANA 2
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr lil whispers 608,117
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Mar '14) 10 hr Coco 202
More from around the web