United States

#166460 Aug 13, 2013
Court officially declares Bitcoin a real currency

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#166461 Aug 13, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
So let me understand this. During the Bush admin people often wished death on him, mocked him to no end ect but if a clown mocks President Obama all hell breaks loose? Why not just outlaw anything bad said of Obama and anyone dares drone him? This guy can go right to hell. Bring it on coward.
Whatever are you talking about?
UIDIOTRACEMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#166462 Aug 13, 2013
16 Conspiracy Theories That Turned Out To Be True

Are there any other “conspiracy theories” that you would add to this list?

By Michael Snyder
The Truth
July 20, 2013

Are you a conspiracy theorist? If not, perhaps you should be. Yes, there have certainly been a lot of “conspiracy theories” over the years that have turned out not to be accurate.

However, the truth is that a large number of very prominent conspiracy theories have turned out to actually be true. So the next time that you run into some “tin foil hat wearing lunatics”, you might want to actually listen to what they have to say. They may actually know some things that you do not.

In fact, one recent study found that “conspiracy theorists” are actually more sane than the general population. So the next time you are tempted to dismiss someone as a “conspiracy theorist”, just remember that the one that is crazy might actually be you. The following are 16 popular conspiracy theories that turned out to be true…

1.“They Put Cancer Viruses Into Our Vaccines”

2.“ATM Machines Will Someday Use Facial Recognition Technology”

3.“The U.S. Government And Monsanto Are Teaming Up Against Opponents Of Genetically-Modified Food”

4.“Someday Scientists Will Be Using Millions Of Genetically-Modified Animals In Scientific Experiments”

5.“Scientists All Over The World Are Creating Extremely Bizarre Human-Animal Hybrids”

6.“Obama Is Making Government Employees Spy On One Another”

7.“Pro Wrestling Is Fake”

8.“Someday Texas Is Going To Run Out Of Water”

9.“The IRS Is Specifically Targeting Conservatives”

10.“Fluoride Is Harmful For Your Teeth”

11.“Using A Cell Phone Can Cause Cancer”

12.“Prescription Drugs Kill Large Numbers Of Americans”

13.“The Elite Want To Dramatically Reduce The Global Population”

14.“Innocent People Are Murdered, Skinned And Dismembered During Satanic Rituals”

15.“The NSA Is Spying On Our Phone Calls, Internet Searches And Financial Transactions”

16.“The Federal Reserve Is A Perpetual Debt Machine That Is Designed To Create Inflation”

Read the article and the proof here:
http://intellihub.com/2013/07/20/16-conspirac...
UIDIOTRACEMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#166463 Aug 13, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>There was major opposition to the Mexican-American War too, leading to An Essay on Civil Disobedience by Henry David Thoreau in 1849.
1914-17 and 1938-41 also belong on your list.
I think you miss Mark twain?

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#166464 Aug 13, 2013
UIDIOTRACEMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>I think you miss Mark twain?
Thoreau was in jail, the result of one of his acts of civil disobedience.

Ralph Waldo Emerson, his friend, heard that Thoreau was in jail, so he went to visit him.

When he arrived, Emerson asked Thoreau, "Henry, what are you doing in there?"

Thoreau replied, "Ralph, what are YOU doing out there?"

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#166465 Aug 13, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Woe is you.
Worthless troll is YOU!
Clearwater

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#166466 Aug 14, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
What clown was this, and where can I send him a thank-you note?
Mo. state fair. You can't. He has be banned for life for daring to make fun of this president. And I read the NAACP is trying to get the doj involved. Our borders are wide open but yea lets get anyone that mocks Obama. Can't make this up.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#166467 Aug 14, 2013
Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>Mo. state fair. You can't. He has be banned for life for daring to make fun of this president. And I read the NAACP is trying to get the doj involved. Our borders are wide open but yea lets get anyone that mocks Obama. Can't make this up.
Banned from where?(Or from what?)

The fair?
Missouri?
Topix?

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#166468 Aug 14, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Banned from where?(Or from what?)
The fair?
Missouri?
Topix?
A rodeo clown, banned from the fair, for wearing an Obama mask.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#166469 Aug 14, 2013
Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>Mo. state fair. You can't. He has be banned for life for daring to make fun of this president. And I read the NAACP is trying to get the doj involved. Our borders are wide open but yea lets get anyone that mocks Obama. Can't make this up.
I wonder what they would do to me if I would try to name a garbage dump after him?

Location hidden

#166470 Aug 14, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>A rodeo clown, banned from the fair, for wearing an Obama mask.
Ya think if he wore a Tom DeLay mask, they'd let him back in?

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#166471 Aug 14, 2013
<quoted text>Ya think if he wore a Tom DeLay mask, they'd let him back in?
I think this is a monumentally unimportant incident about which there is much manufactured outrage on both sides.

Good take on this incident here:

http://www.kansascity.com/2013/08/12/4405882/...

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#166472 Aug 14, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>I think this is a monumentally unimportant incident about which there is much manufactured outrage on both sides.
"What DIFFERENCE does it make!"

Hillary Clinton "testifying" at Congressional Benghazi hearing.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#166473 Aug 14, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
"What DIFFERENCE does it make!"
Hillary Clinton "testifying" at Congressional Benghazi hearing.
You'll have to ask Chris why the story is important, not me.

Location hidden

#166474 Aug 14, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>I think this is a monumentally unimportant incident about which there is much manufactured outrage on both sides.
I know I've asked you this before, but what do you consider to be an important incident?

You've said something about wanting the IRS investigated because of the 'targeting conservative groups' item...which is the only thing I've seen your knickers in a wad over, since last November.

Are the NSA's shenanigans, or "What difference does it make?", or Presidential personal identification with victims, or removing whistleblower protections, or 'The Monsanto Protection Act', even blips on your radar?

What do you give a rat's hind parts about, anyway?
Clearwater

United States

#166475 Aug 14, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>You'll have to ask Chris why the story is important, not me.
Yep. I tend to value freedom of speech no matter if we agree with it or not. I know thin skinned libs hate it and this is a good example. No doubt these same people said nothing in the 8 years Bush was mocked. And again to me the outrage is nothing is more American than questioning and mocking our leaders. Until this one.

Location hidden

#166476 Aug 14, 2013
Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>Yep. I tend to value freedom of speech no matter if we agree with it or not. I know thin skinned libs hate it and this is a good example. No doubt these same people said nothing in the 8 years Bush was mocked. And again to me the outrage is nothing is more American than questioning and mocking our leaders. Until this one.
If you disappear for awhile, we'll just assume the Men in Black took you to Quantico for de-programming...you know, since freedom of speech is a distant memory in this country...
Clearwater

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#166477 Aug 14, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
Right. Because as of yet you have said nothing each step of the way with Obama so far. Really the post was for people that care about our freedom. If by now you can't see it, have nothing to say when the dear leader all of tells us what media to trust, what ones not to don't know what to say. Hell Willie I even link outrageous things of late with Obama approved sources and still nothing.
Clearwater

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#166478 Aug 14, 2013
<quoted text>If you disappear for awhile, we'll just assume the Men in Black took you to Quantico for de-programming...you know, since freedom of speech is a distant memory in this country...
Did not say that did I? It's clear and has been for some time President Obama hates many things that define this nation, freedom of speech being one. It's the same reason Facebook is censoring some people. But we as of now still have our freedoms. I wonder if that will always be?

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#166479 Aug 14, 2013
<quoted text>I know I've asked you this before, but what do you consider to be an important incident?
You've said something about wanting the IRS investigated because of the 'targeting conservative groups' item...which is the only thing I've seen your knickers in a wad over, since last November.
Are the NSA's shenanigans, or "What difference does it make?", or Presidential personal identification with victims, or removing whistleblower protections, or 'The Monsanto Protection Act', even blips on your radar?
What do you give a rat's hind parts about, anyway?
I give a rat's ass about a lot of things, including almost everything on your list except the (imo fictional) "Presidential personal identification with victims".

I said a while back that I thought of all the issues kicking around, the IRS scandal was the most significant. I think that because the IRS scandal has the potential to be a threat to our political freedom.

I give a rat's hind parts about all the rest of the things you mention, but think that there ought to be room for rational discussion of the facts surrounding the issues and the importance of them.

I don't discuss 9/11 with people who bring up Bush reading a 'goat book' to school kids that morning; that pretty well sums up why I avoid discussions of "What difference does it make".

Some of the very same people up in arms over the NSA surveillance are the same ones who were saying they didn't care if their email was read just a few years ago, just as some of the people defending the surveillance were the ones outraged back then. It's an important issue to be sure, but to co-opt it into a partisan issue is to cheapen it beyond recognition.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min kentthetard 675,425
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min Bongo 110,022
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr hallucinatingGab 982,187
68 year old man missing from Deens Landing?! 1 hr bugg_85 1
Play "End of the Word" ..... Part 2 1 hr andet1987 69
My NEW SPECULATION about the mystery vehicle an... 1 hr andet1987 10
I love to show off my hot wife (Jan '12) 4 hr Deewhy 23
More from around the web