Bush is a hero

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#166348 Aug 8, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice try. The plan was never to remove all American troops from Iraq, until obama stumbled in with his inexperience. We gone, al-qaida and the Iranians have filled the void.
The sad thing is, President Bush had that battle won.
And you have the gall to accuse me of Obama blinders?

The plan Bush signed called for removal of American troops at the end of '11. The HOPE was that a continued American presence in Iraq could be negotiated before the expiration of the best agreement Bush could get, but there was never much of a chance of that based on Iraqi politics.
jasslemas

West Mifflin, PA

#166349 Aug 8, 2013
youtube.com/watch... …… Amazing it is Bush is the most awesome dude ever super hero

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#166350 Aug 8, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice try. The plan was never to remove all American troops from Iraq, until obama stumbled in with his inexperience. We gone, al-qaida and the Iranians have filled the void.
The sad thing is, President Bush had that battle won.
Wait a minute.

Are you going old school on me?

Are you trying to run the 'who lost China' play?
HipGnosis

Dahinda, IL

#166351 Aug 8, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Good catch, bob. Thanks for the heads up....and Sorry, Hip.
Shoot, no worries here mate. That's just bob bein' bad. There's nary a soul that's been at topix a while that ain't done the same thing at lest once. In fact (he said with a grin) the first time it happened to me was from none other than our own inimitable Willie, waaaay back in the day,'06 or so, on some thread about the Iraq war. Bet a donut he doesn't even remember it,'cos it weren't no thang - the only reason I remember is because, amongst the general flame flappery and pithy parties, I was impressed with this guy's general attempt at circumspection and even-handedness even then. We've all been disgruntled recipients of his applications of "perspective" at one time or another, but he ain't nothin' if not consistent. But you tell CAbob to stick it in his ear. Naw wait, he'll probably like that......;)

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#166352 Aug 8, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Shoot, no worries here mate. That's just bob bein' bad. There's nary a soul that's been at topix a while that ain't done the same thing at lest once. In fact (he said with a grin) the first time it happened to me was from none other than our own inimitable Willie, waaaay back in the day,'06 or so, on some thread about the Iraq war. Bet a donut he doesn't even remember it,'cos it weren't no thang - the only reason I remember is because, amongst the general flame flappery and pithy parties, I was impressed with this guy's general attempt at circumspection and even-handedness even then. We've all been disgruntled recipients of his applications of "perspective" at one time or another, but he ain't nothin' if not consistent. But you tell CAbob to stick it in his ear. Naw wait, he'll probably like that......;)
*goofy grin*

Location hidden

#166353 Aug 8, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
A campaign poster, and a tutorial on 'essential origins and motives'?(Both of which are EXTREMELY subjective concepts, and REALLY hard to prove.)

Romney made 'his' healthcare plan the cornerstone of his early campaign for President...until it started to look too much like Obama was co-opting it. Then, he washed his hands of his 'legacy' in favor of changing his mind on women's reproductive rights.

Are you serious with this stuff?

Pfft.

Location hidden

#166354 Aug 8, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Nao woories, mate (heavy aussie accent). Just switched from posting to scanning mode as the 3 trolls ruin this thread (IMO).
A lurker, eh? No wonder you think I'm a lurker - project much?

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#166355 Aug 8, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>And you have the gall to accuse me of Obama blinders?
The plan Bush signed called for removal of American troops at the end of '11. The HOPE was that a continued American presence in Iraq could be negotiated before the expiration of the best agreement Bush could get, but there was never much of a chance of that based on Iraqi politics.
Are you obama, posting with another secret alias? Bush would never have allowed all the accomplishments of his efforts to be flushed down the drain by pulling out all our troops, that screw up took an inexperienced obama, getting advise from his hand picked class clown, Joe Biden. Remember, we won that war. We should have been the ones calling the shots to secure our gains. We won!

Location hidden

#166356 Aug 8, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>A campaign poster, and a tutorial on 'essential origins and motives'?(Both of which are EXTREMELY subjective concepts, and REALLY hard to prove.)
Romney made 'his' healthcare plan the cornerstone of his early campaign for President...until it started to look too much like Obama was co-opting it. Then, he washed his hands of his 'legacy' in favor of changing his mind on women's reproductive rights.
Are you serious with this stuff?
Pfft.
Don't you think it odd that Mitt Romney is steadfast in his support for Romneycare, and is every bit as strong in his support for repealing obamacare. Obviously, Mitt thinks one program is good for the citizens of Massachusetts, and the other sucks for the citizens of the USA. If they were really "the same" as you and the obama administration claim, Romney would be supporting both plans. That's just simple logic.

Location hidden

#166357 Aug 8, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you think it odd that Mitt Romney is steadfast in his support for Romneycare, and is every bit as strong in his support for repealing obamacare. Obviously, Mitt thinks one program is good for the citizens of Massachusetts, and the other sucks for the citizens of the USA. If they were really "the same" as you and the obama administration claim, Romney would be supporting both plans. That's just simple logic.
Romney may have you believing he is 'steadfast' in his support for Romneycare....That's just simple political expediency.
What he's actually in support of, is 'Romney'.

Hint: Romney isn't in office, nor is he running for one.
His current opinion means squat.

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#166358 Aug 8, 2013
How could one throwback piece of trash like Major Hasan execute 13 soldiers and injure another 32, without a shot being fired in return?

It was a military base not an elementary school.

This is your military under this twisted administration, but make no mistake: It goes back to George W. Bush, who didn’t fix what Bill Clinton started.

Bill Clinton disarmed our troops.

One of his first acts upon taking office in 1993 was to prevent soldiers on military bases from carrying their personal firearms.

This law made it almost impossible for commanders to issue firearms to soldiers for their personal protection.

That’s why a civilian policewoman from off base was the one who finally halted Major Hasan’s rampage, with her marksmanship.

The 13 bodies in that Texas morgue are the direct result of gun control craziness as enacted by Clinton.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#166359 Aug 8, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you obama, posting with another secret alias? Bush would never have allowed all the accomplishments of his efforts to be flushed down the drain by pulling out all our troops, that screw up took an inexperienced obama, getting advise from his hand picked class clown, Joe Biden. Remember, we won that war. We should have been the ones calling the shots to secure our gains. We won!
Uhhh ... bobin?

We won the war. We occupied the country. We returned sovereignty to the Iraqis. That sovereign government is the party that negotiated the withdrawal of American forces with President Bush at the end of 2011.

How, pray tell, do you suppose he would 'not have allowed' the agreement he signed to go into effect? Are you saying he negotiated in bad faith?

I mean, what's he going to do - overthrow the government he helped the Iraqis set up?

You can rage all you want about experience or whatever else you think made Bush a better President, but the only way you can make the claim you've made above is to ignore the other party (Iraq) to the negotiations.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater, FL

#166360 Aug 8, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
How could one throwback piece of trash like Major Hasan execute 13 soldiers and injure another 32, without a shot being fired in return?
It was a military base not an elementary school.
This is your military under this twisted administration, but make no mistake: It goes back to George W. Bush, who didn’t fix what Bill Clinton started.
Bill Clinton disarmed our troops.
One of his first acts upon taking office in 1993 was to prevent soldiers on military bases from carrying their personal firearms.
This law made it almost impossible for commanders to issue firearms to soldiers for their personal protection.
That’s why a civilian policewoman from off base was the one who finally halted Major Hasan’s rampage, with her marksmanship.
The 13 bodies in that Texas morgue are the direct result of gun control craziness as enacted by Clinton.
I would add that many people in the top brass insisting on p/c has added to this problem. This guy saw himself as a solider for Islam. Being blind is bad. Being willingly blind? No excuse.

Clearwater, FL

#166361 Aug 8, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you didn't find it.
It's not there. I have never called anybody a monkey or orangutan.
I HAVE called people troglodytes though.
Keep looking though, at least it will keep you off the streets.
Whatever bigot.
HipGnosis

Dahinda, IL

#166362 Aug 8, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Aw leave him be. This jape thinks it's all reality TV staged for prime-time. Georgie Dub and the Rough Riders galloped up Baghdad Hill, lassoed and pulled down Saddam's statue. Then after the commercial break, he personally chased bin laden into a hole and lopped off his head. The next week he invaded Hussein's compound and popped him in bed with a Pakistani strumpet. The only casualties were from slipping on the rose petals strewn at their feet by the exultant but simple-minded Iraqi citizenry. Leave the poor mope keep his fantasies...

Clearwater, FL

#166363 Aug 8, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
One thing's for sure: we know it WON'T be either Hillary Clinton or Barack Obama.
Welcome back, BB :) I've missed you and I was getting worried :)
Not in this lifetime anyway. So I learned today that the cities of Jacksonville, Florida and Savanna, Georgia are not on the Atlantic but the Gulf. Not sure that slip Obama made is such a big deal. What is a big deal is the same media that spent about 8 years smearing one President out right lied in print today to give another cover. Sad to see our state run media in action.

Location hidden

#166364 Aug 8, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>How, pray tell, do you suppose he would 'not have allowed' the agreement he signed to go into effect? Are you saying he negotiated in bad faith?
I think you're seeing why a President Bush would not have allowed all of our troops to be thrown out of Iraq. I'm sure a visit by Dick Cheney to the Iraqi President would have soon convinced Jalal Talabani of his error in judgment.

You keep forgetting, we won. We had some say in what happens... that is, we did, until January 21, 2009.

Location hidden

#166365 Aug 8, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
I would add that many people in the top brass insisting on p/c has added to this problem. This guy saw himself as a solider for Islam. Being blind is bad. Being willingly blind? No excuse.
Oops, you were describing the military brass' willing blindness, for a moment I thought you were describing Willie.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#166366 Aug 8, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Not in this lifetime anyway. So I learned today that the cities of Jacksonville, Florida and Savanna, Georgia are not on the Atlantic but the Gulf. Not sure that slip Obama made is such a big deal. What is a big deal is the same media that spent about 8 years smearing one President out right lied in print today to give another cover. Sad to see our state run media in action.
So lemme see if I got this straight.

Obama gaffed. You're not sure the gaffe is a big deal, but since the media made a big deal out of Bush gaffes but isn't (in your opinion) making a big deal about Obama's gaffes, the media is 'state run' like in Cuba or China or North Korea.

Do I have this right?

Location hidden

#166367 Aug 8, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
They're not big on teaching United States geography where obama came from. barry can probably tell you which oceans the port cities of Kenya and Indonesia are on.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min Phooey 679,394
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 13 min Tm Cln 2,902
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 41 min nanoanomaly 119,381
Satin is my god (Mar '08) 1 hr Riverspirit 2,227
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Born Again past JW 46,226
How To UNBRAINWASH A Liberal 1 hr Stiggy 1
Poll Can you be pro-life and pro choice? (Jun '08) 2 hr Slightly Perfect 6,702
More from around the web