Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#166225 Aug 4, 2013
And now for a change of pace---

-------

In a dark and hazy room, peering into a crystal ball, the Mystic delivered grave news:

"There's no easy way to tell you this, so I'll just be blunt. Prepare yourself to be a widow. Your husband will die a violent and horrible death this year."

Visibly shaken, Laura stared at the woman's lined face, then at the single flickering candle, then down at her hands.

She took a few deep breaths to compose herself - and to stop her mind racing. She simply had to know.

She met the Fortune Teller's gaze, steadied her voice and asked, "Will I be acquitted?"

“On a sailing ship to nowhere”

Since: Jun 07

Colorado

#166226 Aug 4, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of facts:
You are lazy. Eat the lion or he will eat you.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#166228 Aug 4, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
I am dying for you to give me facts. I would love it. But you don't and this bores me to tears. It is why I love to at least get into a good discussion with Willie. He uses his brain and brings relevant details to the game. You offer nothing.
Fact: There are 545 individuals in charge of crafting our Federal laws.

Fact: These are the people responsible for the tax code, declaring war, and regulating business, among many many other functions.
Fact: Congress, and the rest of those individuals, have premium health care insurance, which is paid for with taxpayer dollars, and they certainly haven’t VOTED to abolish it even once, much less 40 times.

Fact: They are employed by the People of the United States, and with the exception of the Supreme Court Justices, it is our prerogative to fire them if they do not do the job we expect of them.

Fact: I voted for Obama in 2008

Fact: Disposable income is an indicator of middle class status.

Fact: More Republicans than Democrats voted to allow the NSA to continue with a data collection program for which their constituencies have castigated the President.

Fact: Voting is a right the Constitution recognizes for all American Citizens, and the only way (other than running for office) in which citizens can influence who makes the decisions, and the decisions our elected leaders make, for all Americans.

Fact: This is just a smattering of facts with which my posts have ‘presented’ you over the last several days - your responses have been limited to your opinions….mostly your opinions of my personality, and how much it irks you for one reason or another. But that hardly negates the (fact) that I’ve presented them.

Fact: your posts are no less opinion-riddled than those of anyone else on this thread, including me.

Opinions: Your opinions are every bit as ‘boring’ as mine, and if it wasn’t for me and willie, there wouldn’t be an intelligible, much less intelligent, opposing viewpoint consistently posted on this thread, and it would become the mutual admiration society it has threatened to become for the last, oh, I’m going to guess, four years. There’s nothing more boring than a bunch of folks bloviating about, and congratulating themselves on, sharing various opinions in lock-step with one another . You need me, and the one or two other opposing viewpoints here, to keep this benighted thread relevant.
Enjoy your evening.

Location hidden

#166229 Aug 4, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
It should be obvious to everyone by now, even obama's low information supporters, that jobs is not JOB 1 in his administration.
Obama does not have the power to pass a jobs bill. Neither does his cabinet. The responsibility for passing laws belongs to Congress. Especially, since Jobs as Job One, was the campaign slogan which contributed the most, to every one of the 535 members getting the chance to pass any.
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever been to northern Quebec?
Nope.

Colorado

#166230 Aug 4, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>
Fact: These are the people responsible for the tax code, declaring war, and regulating business, among many many other functions.
Fact: Congress, and the rest of those individuals, have premium health care insurance, which is paid for with taxpayer dollars, and they certainly haven’t VOTED to abolish it even once, much less 40 times.
Fact: They are employed by the People of the United States, and with the exception of the Supreme Court Justices, it is our prerogative to fire them if they do not do the job we expect of them.
Fact: More Republicans than Democrats voted to allow the NSA to continue with a data collection program for which their constituencies have castigated the President.
Fact: Voting is a right the Constitution recognizes for all American Citizens, and the only way (other than running for office) in which citizens can influence who makes the decisions, and the decisions our elected leaders make, for all Americans.
Fact: This is just a smattering of facts with which my posts have ‘presented’ you over the last several days - your responses have been limited to your opinions….mostly your opinions of my personality, and how much it irks you for one reason or another. But that hardly negates the (fact) that I’ve presented them.
Fact: your posts are no less opinion-riddled than those of anyone else on this thread, including me.
Opinions: Your opinions are every bit as ‘boring’ as mine, and if it wasn’t for me and willie, there wouldn’t be an intelligible, much less intelligent, opposing viewpoint consistently posted on this thread, and it would become the mutual admiration society it has threatened to become for the last, oh, I’m going to guess, four years. There’s nothing more boring than a bunch of folks bloviating about, and congratulating themselves on, sharing various opinions in lock-step with one another . You need me, and the one or two other opposing viewpoints here, to keep this benighted thread relevant.
Enjoy your evening.
http://m.washingtonpost.com/bl ogs/wonkblog/wp/2013/08/02/why -do-republicans-keep-voting-ag ainst-obamacare-because-we-kee p-writing-about-it/

Colorado

#166231 Aug 4, 2013
<quoted text>
Enjoy your evening.
You in no way add to the intelligence quotient of this thread. I want you to have an opinion based on fact. Your holding the same opinion as me is irrelevant.

Location hidden

#166232 Aug 4, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
I quit reading Hips nonsense when it became obvious he was sikply parroting mediamatters BS, as I'm sure his "facts" are in that message.
Is that a fact.

(?)

Have you similarly desisted from reading posts from those of us who parrot "The Blaze"?

I was just wondering, because the aforementioned posts are sprinkled with links to the BS... so it seems you could be just as sure the squawks were contained within...

Location hidden

#166233 Aug 4, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
You in no way add to the intelligence quotient of this thread.
Thanks for adding your opinion.
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
I want you to have an opinion based on fact.
My opinions ARE based on facts. You want me to come to your conclusions, based on your facts, and proffer things such as "Excellent post, Pernie." My facts don't elicit responses from you, unless you respond with an observation on my personality, and why it irks you.
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
Your holding the same opinion as me is irrelevant.
Uh huh.

And Paris is in Texas.

Pfft.

Location hidden

#166234 Aug 4, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
If this fixes your link, I'll check it out.

Location hidden

#166235 Aug 4, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
You do realize "Obamacare" was originally "Romney Care," don't you?

"Republicans" (if you really want to call them that) made sure there was a penalty for not buying medical insurance. It's public record, Pernie.

Quit pissing down my neck, and trying to tell me it's raining, Pernie. Your guy TOUTED the bones of 'Obamacare' as a plank of his Presidential campaign...hammering on his gubernatorial legacy...until he didn't.

And now that it has a new name, it's anaethema, and votes to repeal it are the only thing "Republicans" in Congress pay attention to...at the expense of everything but condemnation of abortion.

Talk about boring. If the GOP sticks with this strategy, its relevance as relates to the top job, is history.

Care to discuss that, or is it too lacking in facts?

Location hidden

#166236 Aug 5, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>The unconscious(?) need to white-wash the acquitted whilst slurring the dead speaks volumes, I think.
Mainly because they've accused me so often of kissing you in nether regions for which other's posts have been removed for mentioning....I offer you this:

Location hidden

#166237 Aug 5, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
You in no way add to the intelligence quotient of this thread. I want you to have an opinion based on fact. Your holding the same opinion as me is irrelevant.
You'll notice the post to which you replied, contains several facts. Rather than show your 'love' for those facts you would love me to 'give' you, by way of engaging conversation about them, you instead chose to comment on my value to the thread's intelligence quotient.

What you 'want', is fairly irrelevant to what you'll get - even as it pertains to the way you'd like to see others present their opinions. "What you want," is also fairly irrelevant to me, in its entirety.

(That is both an opinion, AND a fact.)

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#166238 Aug 5, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
It should be obvious to everyone by now, even obama's low information supporters,
http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials/0809...

''One of those fellow students is Wayne Allen Root, former Libertarian vice presidential nominee. He wonders, as we do, what's in Obama's Columbia file that warrants standards of secrecy higher than, say, the details of the Osama bin Laden raid or our efforts to derail Iran's nuclear program with a computer virus.

Root asks if Obama's grades were good enough to get into Columbia. We have a copy of Mitt Romney's high school report card, which was deemed by the Boston Globe important enough to reveal to the world, but President Obama's Columbia transcripts remain a mystery.

Root asks another question, namely how did young Obama, raised by a single mom and from a modest background, pay for all this education? Root wonders if one of the secrets in Columbia's files is perhaps an application for aid given to poor foreign students.

Root has been dismissed in some quarters as a "birther," and we too might dismiss him out of hand if not for the fact that so much of what Obama has said about himself is not true. Recently we asked the question, "Is President Obama A Pathological Liar?" and provided tales he has told about himself that are simply false.''

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#166239 Aug 5, 2013
Hillary Clinton on Saul Olinsky

http://www.economicpolicyjournal.com/2013/04/...

Colorado

#166240 Aug 5, 2013
<quoted text>Mainly because they've accused me so often of kissing you in nether regions for which other's posts have been removed for mentioning....I offer you this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =_wO8toxinocXX
Why do you resort to lying?

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#166241 Aug 5, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
I quit reading Hips nonsense when it became obvious he was sikply parroting mediamatters BS, as I'm sure his "facts" are in that message. Again, no reason for me to bother reading them, as I can just go to the mediamatters site, and get them firsthand.
Of course, since it's about the assailant Travon Martin, Hip probably has a lot of Al Sharpton "facts" mixed in, with a little sprinkling of Jesse Jackson.
However, I am surprised that you also disagree with the actual facts brought out in the Zimmerman trial, and with the statements of Rachael Jeanel that came out in later interviews. You're not getting your "facts" from NBC, are you?
In other words, you're too mentally lazy and determinedly ignorant to rebut on point, so you'll just dismiss out of hand with tired and lame right-wing red flags. The vast majority of my "facts" came directly from Zimmerman himself, with the only "opinion" being my question as to how Martin's body ended up 15' away from where Zimmerman alleged the action took place. You ain't foolin' nobody - you quit posting back to me after I took you to the woodshed one too many times and showed you for a pig-headed tool.

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Labor Participation Rate 63.0%

#166243 Aug 5, 2013
<quoted text>
And Paris is in Texas.
Pfft.
Yes it is.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris,_Texas

Colorado

#166244 Aug 5, 2013
<quoted text>
Fact: There are 545 individuals in charge of crafting our Federal laws.[QUOTE/]
assuming you are referring to Congress, the number is 435
[QUOTE who="Sister Kathryn Lust"]<quoted text>
Fact: These are the people responsible for the tax code, declaring war, and regulating business, among many many other functions.[QUOTE/]
Citizenship test?
Fact: Congress, and the rest of those individuals, have premium health care insurance, which is paid for with taxpayer dollars, and they certainly haven’t VOTED to abolish it even once, much less 40 times.[QUOTE/]
The House of Representatives have voted 40 times to repeal or gut Obama Care 40 times. The resolutions passed the House 40 times.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/02/hous...
The Democrat controlled Senate has never tried.
Fact: They are employed by the People of the United States, and with the exception of the Supreme Court Justices, it is our prerogative to fire them if they do not do the job we expect of them.[QUOTE/]
I am hoping you know that requires them being defeated in an election.
Fact: I voted for Obama in 2008.[QUOTE/]
I expect no less from you
Fact: Disposable income is an indicator of middle class status.[QUOTE/] It is AN indicator
Fact: More Republicans than Democrats voted to allow the NSA to continue with a data collection program for which their constituencies have castigated the President.[QUOTE/]
True but it would have to be because it was a House Bill and that holds a small Republican majority. It was not the full Congress. It never made it to the Senate, which is controlled by the Democrats. Who have yet to bring it to a vote of any kind.
Fact: Voting is a right the Constitution recognizes for all American Citizens, and the only way (other than running for office) in which citizens can influence who makes the decisions, and the decisions our elected leaders make, for all Americans.[QUOTE/]
Again, citizenship test?
[QUOTE who="Sister Kathryn Lust"]<quoted text>... if it wasn’t for me and willie, there wouldn’t be an intelligible, much less intelligent, opposing viewpoint
Cough

Colorado

#166245 Aug 5, 2013
My apologies for getting my quote blocks screwed up on my first attempt at this post.
<quoted text>
assuming you are referring to Congress, the number is 435
<quoted text>
Citizenship test?
<quoted text>
The House of Representatives have voted 40 times to repeal or gut Obama Care 40 times. The resolutions passed the House 40 times.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/02/hous ...
The Democrat controlled Senate has never tried.
<quoted text>
I am hoping you know that requires them being defeated in an election.
<quoted text>
Fact: I voted for Obama in 2008.
I expect no less from you
<quoted text>
It is AN indicator
<quoted text>
True but it would have to be because it was a House Bill and that holds a small Republican majority. It was not the full Congress. It never made it to the Senate, which is controlled by the Democrats. Who have yet to bring it to a vote of any kind.
<quoted text>
Again, citizenship test?
<quoted text>... if it wasn’t for me and willie, there wouldn’t be an intelligible, much less intelligent, opposing viewpoint
Cough

Colorado

#166246 Aug 5, 2013
<quoted text>Thanks for adding your opinion.
<quoted text>My opinions ARE based on facts. You want me to come to your conclusions, based on your facts, and proffer things such as "Excellent post, Pernie." My facts don't elicit responses from you, unless you respond with an observation on my personality, and why it irks you.
<quoted text>Uh huh.
And Paris is in Texas.
Pfft.
I will allow you to admit to drinking heavily last night.
There is a Paris, Texas.
http://www.citytowninfo.com/places/texas/pari...

Or, you are a plant to make Obama voters look more ridiculous than they already do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Stovepipe Hat 743,712
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 18 min mamaday 977
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 33 min Student 38,754
Why are most white people so arrogant? (Apr '10) 51 min Johnny 768
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 51 min Rosa_Winkel 228,566
How to tell when a Topix poster doesn't have a ... 1 hr Commander Bunny 18
Should Black People in the USA Leave America an... (May '13) 1 hr Johnny 612
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr hojo 545,057
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 hr MUQ1 260,188
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 6 hr mike 601,413

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE