#166304 Aug 6, 2013
forgot the msg re: number

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#166305 Aug 6, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>I've been to Paris, Texas.
There's this sweet little literary convention, known as 'irony'.
Perhaps you've heard of it?
I don't feel the need to explain my ironic statement, however.
You either got it, or you didn't.
(I'm guessing you didn't.)
There's also a virtue known as HONESTY, shovelface. You got a lotta gall ringing this jewel up.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#166306 Aug 6, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey!!
Another brilliant retort from the university-educated barrister.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#166307 Aug 6, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>If you're stupid enough to think I worship Obama you're not a good judge of comedic talent.
YOU were stupid enough to take the term "worship" literally.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#166308 Aug 6, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Worship may be a bit strong, but if you think that Obama is pretty much like any president you are being myopic. There has never been a president more confused about what his job is. If he'd rammed through even more than the health care bill I might have slightly respected him but he has done nothing like a president. He doesn't lead, he doesn't even respond to crisis. You can say that Bush put on some show by clearing brush but it might interest you that he still does that and no audience. Hm he mountain bikes too. All presidents are pretty much who they are. Being president doesn't do much. If it did Clinton could have controlled his urges for eight years.
To Obama supporters it's much like supporters of any president. They just cannot see where he has gone wrong. They might be slightly less slobbery but they will not admit to the faults of the president. That's you. That's my sis.
Amazingly we are seeing news sources sort of turning against him. I usually don't see that with most presidents. They're either for him or against him.(the president that is)
Uhhhh ... did I ever say that Bush didn't like to clear brush - that he did it only for publicity purposes?

That's what you assumed I meant, obviously - you've brought it up a couple of times now.

I didn't say that, and I didn't mean that. If you read the comment, it was an example of the lame sort of criticisms that people hurl at Presidents they don't agree with, and that's all.

I stand by what I've said all along - Obama ain't nothing but a President. I hear a lot of yelling about him, but I sincerely do not see a whole lot of difference between that yelling and the wailing and lamentations from my side of the aisle during the Bush years, right down to claiming that people who didn't agree with them were blind or myopic or ... the list is endless.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#166309 Aug 6, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU were stupid enough to take the term "worship" literally.
No, actually, I didn't ... but hey, whatever works for ya, bob.

Was wondering where you'd been ... was just about to ask if anybody'd heard from you.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#166310 Aug 6, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm old enough not to give a s1ht what you or others think.
I'll wait, I know my example isn't that far away... you just can't help yourself.
I'm sure you'll go back to screaming about my Obama blinders in no time, bobin. It's obviously a safe place for you.

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#166311 Aug 6, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sure you'll go back to screaming about my Obama blinders in no time, bobin. It's obviously a safe place for you.
That's exactly what I'm waiting for, you using your "obama blinders" TM to keep you from seeing negatives about your beloved, but tainted, pResident.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#166312 Aug 6, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>No, actually, I didn't ... but hey, whatever works for ya, bob.
Was wondering where you'd been ... was just about to ask if anybody'd heard from you.
Needed a break from those 3 worthless trolls in here, Wilson.
But I've taken my meds and feelin' MUCH better now.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#166314 Aug 7, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Hilarious... because Mary and Hip have similar color avatars, you
actually blasted your idol Hippy, instead of Pern. Smooooothe!
Next time you get all flustered, genius. Ya might wanna dblcheck who yer addressing.
Good catch, bob. Thanks for the heads up....and Sorry, Hip.

No wonder Pernie got lost...Sorry Pern.

Note to self: One expects a pie in the face now and then, but lobbing cowpies into one's OWN face is not optimal.

As penance, I shall ignore bob's confusion regarding my identity.

Serves me right.
RogerThat

AOL

#166315 Aug 7, 2013

End Time AMERICA :--2013, 2014 Forewarnings

Location hidden

#166317 Aug 7, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sure you'll go back to screaming about my Obama blinders in no time, bobin. It's obviously a safe place for you.
The best comedy is usually based on truth... better get ready to put your "obama blinders" TM on.

http://townhall.com/political-cartoons/2013/0...

Did you get your blinders on before any of that sunk in?

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#166318 Aug 7, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
The best comedy is usually based on truth... better get ready to put your "obama blinders" TM on.
Did you get your blinders on before any of that sunk in?
I made an exception and looked at your cartoons.

The second one was kinda funny, because I know people like that. I know even more of 'em if you backdate it eight years and change the names to the then current and previous Presidents.

The first one could have been in a Hearst newspaper in the 1860s.

The third one is boilerplate, and could be done with campaign comments for any President - or Mission Accomplished, or 'bring it on' or ....

Stay in your safe place, bobin.

Location hidden

#166319 Aug 7, 2013

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#166320 Aug 7, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Good catch, bob. Thanks for the heads up....and Sorry, Hip.
No wonder Pernie got lost...Sorry Pern.
Note to self: One expects a pie in the face now and then, but lobbing cowpies into one's OWN face is not optimal.
As penance, I shall ignore bob's confusion regarding my identity.
Serves me right.
No confusion. And flattery will get you NOwhere!

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater, FL

#166321 Aug 7, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>I made an exception and looked at your cartoons.
The second one was kinda funny, because I know people like that. I know even more of 'em if you backdate it eight years and change the names to the then current and previous Presidents.
The first one could have been in a Hearst newspaper in the 1860s.
The third one is boilerplate, and could be done with campaign comments for any President - or Mission Accomplished, or 'bring it on' or ....
Stay in your safe place, bobin.
This from a guy that mostly says the same thing over and over. Most Presidents are the same, boiler plate, yada yada yada. If it wasn't for the quite large number of people I've listened to born in other nations speak with disgust of the President we have right now you might have a point. Stay in your safe place Willie.

Clearwater, FL

#166322 Aug 7, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
No confusion. And flattery will get you NOwhere!
Good to see ya back. Lets roll.

Clearwater, FL

#166323 Aug 7, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Do you really think that 'waste time' dodge actually saves face?
I will admit I've spent time looking at old messages. Spent a little on the one where Catcher called some people here a synonym for a monkey. Might have been an orangutan. Didn't find it. Life goes on. He is still a bigot.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#166324 Aug 7, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
I will admit I've spent time looking at old messages. Spent a little on the one where Catcher called some people here a synonym for a monkey. Might have been an orangutan. Didn't find it. Life goes on. He is still a bigot.
Of course you didn't find it.

It's not there. I have never called anybody a monkey or orangutan.

I HAVE called people troglodytes though.

Keep looking though, at least it will keep you off the streets.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#166325 Aug 7, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
This from a guy that mostly says the same thing over and over. Most Presidents are the same, boiler plate, yada yada yada. If it wasn't for the quite large number of people I've listened to born in other nations speak with disgust of the President we have right now you might have a point. Stay in your safe place Willie.
Some day I'll figure out how you get from a discussion about political cartoons to your claim people from other countries are disgusted with Obama.

Or not. I know you like to work that one in there every so often.

Never said Presidents are all the same. What I have said is that at least some of the opposition to Presidents is very much the same even though the opposition is of different ideologies.

It doesn't take a heck of a lot of imagination to look at that 3rd cartoon and see how a liberal cartoonist could have done almost the exact same thing with Bush.

I mean, you did look at the cartoon, right?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Robert F 983,350
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 3 min Lawrence Wolf 18,049
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min Gods r Delusion x... 684,005
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 2 hr Tony 6,423
getting pregnant by much older man 5 hr George Justapose 5
Amazon's Jeff Bezzos worth 90 BILLION DOLLARS??! 5 hr George Justapose 2
Derrick Rose coming to Cavaliers REAL Class Act... 5 hr George Justapose 4
More from around the web