Since: Jun 07

Colorado

#166244 Aug 5, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>
Fact: There are 545 individuals in charge of crafting our Federal laws.[QUOTE/]
assuming you are referring to Congress, the number is 435
[QUOTE who="Sister Kathryn Lust"]<quoted text>
Fact: These are the people responsible for the tax code, declaring war, and regulating business, among many many other functions.[QUOTE/]
Citizenship test?
Fact: Congress, and the rest of those individuals, have premium health care insurance, which is paid for with taxpayer dollars, and they certainly haven’t VOTED to abolish it even once, much less 40 times.[QUOTE/]
The House of Representatives have voted 40 times to repeal or gut Obama Care 40 times. The resolutions passed the House 40 times.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/02/hous...
The Democrat controlled Senate has never tried.
Fact: They are employed by the People of the United States, and with the exception of the Supreme Court Justices, it is our prerogative to fire them if they do not do the job we expect of them.[QUOTE/]
I am hoping you know that requires them being defeated in an election.
Fact: I voted for Obama in 2008.[QUOTE/]
I expect no less from you
Fact: Disposable income is an indicator of middle class status.[QUOTE/] It is AN indicator
Fact: More Republicans than Democrats voted to allow the NSA to continue with a data collection program for which their constituencies have castigated the President.[QUOTE/]
True but it would have to be because it was a House Bill and that holds a small Republican majority. It was not the full Congress. It never made it to the Senate, which is controlled by the Democrats. Who have yet to bring it to a vote of any kind.
Fact: Voting is a right the Constitution recognizes for all American Citizens, and the only way (other than running for office) in which citizens can influence who makes the decisions, and the decisions our elected leaders make, for all Americans.[QUOTE/]
Again, citizenship test?
[QUOTE who="Sister Kathryn Lust"]<quoted text>... if it wasn’t for me and willie, there wouldn’t be an intelligible, much less intelligent, opposing viewpoint
Cough

“On a sailing ship to nowhere”

Colorado

#166245 Aug 5, 2013
My apologies for getting my quote blocks screwed up on my first attempt at this post.
<quoted text>
Fact: There are 545 individuals in charge of crafting our Federal laws.
<quoted text>
Fact: These are the people responsible for the tax code, declaring war, and regulating business, among many many other functions.
Citizenship test?
<quoted text>
Fact: Congress, and the rest of those individuals, have premium health care insurance, which is paid for with taxpayer dollars, and they certainly haven’t VOTED to abolish it even once, much less 40 times.
The House of Representatives have voted 40 times to repeal or gut Obama Care 40 times. The resolutions passed the House 40 times.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/02/hous ...
The Democrat controlled Senate has never tried.
<quoted text>
Fact: They are employed by the People of the United States, and with the exception of the Supreme Court Justices, it is our prerogative to fire them if they do not do the job we expect of them.
I am hoping you know that requires them being defeated in an election.
<quoted text>
Fact: I voted for Obama in 2008.
I expect no less from you
<quoted text>
Fact: Disposable income is an indicator of middle class status.
It is AN indicator
<quoted text>
Fact: More Republicans than Democrats voted to allow the NSA to continue with a data collection program for which their constituencies have castigated the President.
True but it would have to be because it was a House Bill and that holds a small Republican majority. It was not the full Congress. It never made it to the Senate, which is controlled by the Democrats. Who have yet to bring it to a vote of any kind.
<quoted text>
Fact: Voting is a right the Constitution recognizes for all American Citizens, and the only way (other than running for office) in which citizens can influence who makes the decisions, and the decisions our elected leaders make, for all Americans.
Again, citizenship test?
<quoted text>... if it wasn’t for me and willie, there wouldn’t be an intelligible, much less intelligent, opposing viewpoint
Cough

Colorado

#166246 Aug 5, 2013
<quoted text>Thanks for adding your opinion.
<quoted text>My opinions ARE based on facts. You want me to come to your conclusions, based on your facts, and proffer things such as "Excellent post, Pernie." My facts don't elicit responses from you, unless you respond with an observation on my personality, and why it irks you.
<quoted text>Uh huh.
And Paris is in Texas.
Pfft.
I will allow you to admit to drinking heavily last night.
There is a Paris, Texas.
http://www.citytowninfo.com/places/texas/pari...

Or, you are a plant to make Obama voters look more ridiculous than they already do.

Colorado

#166247 Aug 5, 2013
<quoted text>You do realize "Obamacare" was originally "Romney Care," don't you?
"Republicans" (if you really want to call them that) made sure there was a penalty for not buying medical insurance. It's public record, Pernie.
Quit pissing down my neck, and trying to tell me it's raining, Pernie. Your guy TOUTED the bones of 'Obamacare' as a plank of his Presidential campaign...hammering on his gubernatorial legacy...until he didn't.
And now that it has a new name, it's anaethema, and votes to repeal it are the only thing "Republicans" in Congress pay attention to...at the expense of everything but condemnation of abortion.
Talk about boring. If the GOP sticks with this strategy, its relevance as relates to the top job, is history.
Care to discuss that, or is it too lacking in facts?
No cover for you. You piss down your own neck and try to blame it on me.

The only reason I voted for Romney is because he is better than O'Bummer.
If the Republicans don't field a candidate that is a true Conservative they will never win another election barring people being so sick of Dems they'll vote for anything that opposes them.

Colorado

#166248 Aug 5, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
LOL!

Colorado

#166249 Aug 5, 2013
<quoted text>
Fact: Congress, and the rest of those individuals, have premium health care insurance, which is paid for with taxpayer dollars, and they certainly haven’t VOTED to abolish it even once, much less 40 times.
I forgot to add something: While the House of Representatives (with a Republican majority) has voted and passed resolutions on 40 different occasions to gut or repeal Obama Care, the Senate (controlled by the Democrats) has voted to EXEMPT ITSELF, Congress and its staffers from Obama Care.

Mia Culpa:
The House has 435 Representatives
The Senate has 100 Senators
Total 535

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#166250 Aug 5, 2013
<quoted text>To be perfectly honest, I'm not getting those facts from anywhere other than here, because I lost interest in this 'news' weeks ago.
I've also lost interest in Benghazi, the IRS, and Vacay-Gate, by the way. Personally, I thought the killings at the "Embassy" in Benghazi, were no more or less important than the dozens of other embassy killings during the previous administration, which got no press whatsoever, and even less outrage from anyone. I thought the IRS was SUPPOSED to determine whether or not any groups applying for tax exemptions, were actually eligible for them.
I doubt you would lose interest if you knew a person that was in Benghazi. The other Embassy attacks and bombings got no press? Then how did you know about them? The biggest difference was the recent embassy attack was no secret and lives could have been saved. The U.S. military could have intervened and saved at least two of the four Americans killed in the attacks. There were many hours between the first attack and last attack, but the great obama was in Vegas baby! and it would look bad if he had to go back to his speech about terrorists are all on the run.
Did you actually think the IRS should target certain groups that oppose the stance of Obama? Did you forget the NSA scandal, Obama's gun running scandal? I hope they find out why the Navy Seals were all in that old copter that was shot down after they got Bin Laden?

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#166251 Aug 5, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you resort to lying?
Those who have informed me that I tend to kiss Hip's ass, know who they are. Do you need public acknowledgment that you weren't one of them?

Calling me a liar is a lot easier, if you don't trawl the thread to find out if I am one or not, eh?

Location hidden

#166252 Aug 5, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>In other words, you're too mentally lazy and determinedly ignorant to rebut on point, so you'll just dismiss out of hand with tired and lame right-wing red flags. The vast majority of my "facts" came directly from Zimmerman himself, with the only "opinion" being my question as to how Martin's body ended up 15' away from where Zimmerman alleged the action took place. You ain't foolin' nobody - you quit posting back to me after I took you to the woodshed one too many times and showed you for a pig-headed tool.
Do you feel refreshed, Pernie?

I usually do, after I take a satisfying dump.

The last person who took me to the woodshed was my father. You're not him. And your opinions on dozens of subjects are littering the thread. Calling me everything but a white girl won't make you smarter than me...and neither will grasping at straws like 'right-wing red flags'.

Seems to me you're the one in the woodshed.

Location hidden

#166253 Aug 5, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
I've been to Paris, Texas.

There's this sweet little literary convention, known as 'irony'.
Perhaps you've heard of it?

I don't feel the need to explain my ironic statement, however.
You either got it, or you didn't.
(I'm guessing you didn't.)

Colorado

#166254 Aug 5, 2013
<quoted text>Those who have informed me that I tend to kiss Hip's ass, know who they are. Do you need public acknowledgment that you weren't one of them?
Calling me a liar is a lot easier, if you don't trawl the thread to find out if I am one or not, eh?
I did not doubt your smooching his derriere, I questioned the removal of posts regarding the accusations. Without evidence it is just an accusation.

Colorado

#166255 Aug 5, 2013
<quoted text>Do you feel refreshed, Pernie?
I usually do, after I take a satisfying dump.
The last person who took me to the woodshed was my father. You're not him. And your opinions on dozens of subjects are littering the thread. Calling me everything but a white girl won't make you smarter than me...and neither will grasping at straws like 'right-wing red flags'.
Seems to me you're the one in the woodshed.
You lost me here.

Location hidden

#166256 Aug 5, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
You lost me here.
Perhaps you should have left breadcrumbs.

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#166257 Aug 5, 2013
<quoted text>You do realize "Obamacare" was originally "Romney Care," don't you?
Who told you that, obama?

https://www.facebook.com/note.php...

http://spectator.org/archives/2012/02/15/obam...

Location hidden

#166259 Aug 5, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!
I knew there was a Paris, Texas because there was a movie made about it a few years back.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087884/

Location hidden

#166260 Aug 5, 2013
<quoted text>I've been to Paris, Texas.
There's this sweet little literary convention, known as 'irony'.
Perhaps you've heard of it?
I don't feel the need to explain my ironic statement, however.
You either got it, or you didn't.
(I'm guessing you didn't.)
You did say you voted for obama. If you thought that was a good decision, that would automatically bring all your logic and statements into question.

Location hidden

#166261 Aug 5, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
No cover for you. You piss down your own neck and try to blame it on me.
That would be worth a picture.
Pernrider wrote:
The only reason I voted for Romney is because he is better than O'Bummer.
If the Republicans don't field a candidate that is a true Conservative they will never win another election barring people being so sick of Dems they'll vote for anything that opposes them.
I was happy to vote for Romney. Although Romney's conservative credentials were suspect, and that's probably why so many in the Republican base stayed home, his economic and leadership credentials were impeccable. I thought the country needed those talents more than his social conservative skills. The state of our country is proving me right. The economy is tanking, and we have absolutely no presidential leadership.

“2016 No Clinton No Bush!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#166262 Aug 5, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
My apologies for getting my quote blocks screwed up on my first attempt at this post.
<quoted text>
Cough
This reply gives absolute clarity to any question of anyone else's facts.

1. the national legislative body of the U.S., consisting of the Senate, or upper house, and the House of Representatives, or lower house, as a continuous institution.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/congre...

Cough, indeed.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater and Honolulu

#166264 Aug 5, 2013
Oprah Winfrey says there is a clear “parallel” between the murders of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin and 14-year-old Emmett Till in 1955.
“In my mind, same thing,” she said.

I have no words for this bs. She has lost her mind here.

Colorado

#166265 Aug 5, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>This reply gives absolute clarity to any question of anyone else's facts.
1. the national legislative body of the U.S., consisting of the Senate, or upper house, and the House of Representatives, or lower house, as a continuous institution.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/congre...
Cough, indeed.
You should have read further. Cough.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Stilgar Fifrawi 877,357
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 10 min curtjester1 41,122
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... (Feb '15) 13 min Philo 991
Poll Why are Americans becoming so stupid? (Jun '08) 19 min Doctor REALITY 146
Why do we live life when we have to die anyway? (Jul '13) 26 min Sahil rathi 204
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 51 min Ruby88 53,486
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr karl44 603,093
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 2 hr karl44 7,890
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 4 hr Kamal 7,610
The Christian Atheist debate 6 hr Critical Eye 3,775
More from around the web