Clearwater, is that you?
Nope.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#166288 Aug 6, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
You've been to North Korea to hear what their radio broadcasts sound like, Comrade?
No.

They're just the last Stalinist dictatorship left, and I've reads about the techniques they used - buzzword and cliche repetition, depicting even the slightest disagreement with the party line as being in league with the West, that sort of thing.

Tell you what, bobin. Let's do this like grownups.

You've claimed I worship Obama, so just show me a post - any post - where I praised him. Rejecting the exaggerated criticisms you dump all over the thread isn't the same thing.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#166289 Aug 6, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>No.
They're just the last Stalinist dictatorship left, and I've reads about the techniques they used - buzzword and cliche repetition, depicting even the slightest disagreement with the party line as being in league with the West, that sort of thing.
You've claimed I worship Obama, so just show me a post - any post - where I praised him. Rejecting the exaggerated criticisms you dump all over the thread isn't the same thing.
It is when it's all ya got...

I think I've praised Obama more than you have, Willie, and I'm disgusted with the guy.

If he kept pulling my bra-strap that way, I'd quit wearing one.

:)

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#166290 Aug 6, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>It is when it's all ya got...
I think I've praised Obama more than you have, Willie, and I'm disgusted with the guy.
If he kept pulling my bra-strap that way, I'd quit wearing one.
:)
Notice there wasn't really a denial in my reply to him?

I'm giving him the opportunity to show that there actually is some bait on that hook - a hook I've bit into more often than I like to admit.

I don't know if he can come off script enough to do it. Maybe I can get him to chicken out with me like he has with Hip IF I can resist the temptation to bite that hook. Maybe it's the liberal optimist in me, but I don't think it IS all he's got - it's all he chooses to offer.

My highest praise of Obama in this thread is that he ain't nothing but a President like his predecessor. We had an opponens of Bush in the early days of this thread who was as vocal as bobin is about my blindness because I didn't accept the notion that Iraq was an 'illegal, unconstitutional war'.

Same shirt ... different day.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#166291 Aug 6, 2013
Oh, by the way...

The other day (while I was visiting my kids) I noticed a discussion of what a RINO is while briefly checking out the thread on my phone.

Just my opinion, but a RINO is usually the person to your left, no matter how slightly left they are.

It would not surprise me to learn that the term was used in the battle over ownership of the Republican Party between conservatives and progressives in the second decade of the 20th century.

I'm pretty sure that it was used by the isolationists to describe both interventionists and people who argued for preparedness who lacked sufficient paranoia about what Roosevelt would do with a larger, better equipped military (e.g. Wendell Wilkie).

I'm almost positive it was used by the defenders of McCarthy against people (in their opinion) were insufficiently anti-communist, no matter how rock solid their conservative Republican credentials were.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#166292 Aug 6, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Notice there wasn't really a denial in my reply to him?
I'm giving him the opportunity to show that there actually is some bait on that hook - a hook I've bit into more often than I like to admit.
I don't know if he can come off script enough to do it. Maybe I can get him to chicken out with me like he has with Hip IF I can resist the temptation to bite that hook. Maybe it's the liberal optimist in me, but I don't think it IS all he's got - it's all he chooses to offer.
My highest praise of Obama in this thread is that he ain't nothing but a President like his predecessor. We had an opponens of Bush in the early days of this thread who was as vocal as bobin is about my blindness because I didn't accept the notion that Iraq was an 'illegal, unconstitutional war'.
Same shirt ... different day.
Obama is farther to the right than any Democrat President we've ever had. There's bait, and then there's chum.

And then, there's fly fishing...

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#166293 Aug 6, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Notice there wasn't really a denial in my reply to him?
I'm not about to waste my time looking through old messages, I'll point out examples when you put the blinders on in future posts.
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
I don't know if he can come off script enough to do it. Maybe I can get him to chicken out with me like he has with Hip
How does one reply to messages from a person whose post they haven't read in over a year? Using your logic, are we to understand that you and I have chickened out regarding World Idiot? Nonsense.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#166294 Aug 6, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not about to waste my time looking through old messages, I'll point out examples when you put the blinders on in future posts.
<quoted text>
How does one reply to messages from a person whose post they haven't read in over a year? Using your logic, are we to understand that you and I have chickened out regarding World Idiot? Nonsense.
For this, you broke a 10-hour period of silence?

What's the record on this thread, anybody know?

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#166295 Aug 6, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Do you really think that 'waste time' dodge actually saves face?

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#166296 Aug 6, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Do you really think that 'waste time' dodge actually saves face?
I'm old enough not to give a s1ht what you or others think.

I'll wait, I know my example isn't that far away... you just can't help yourself.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#166297 Aug 6, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>No.
Worship may be a bit strong, but if you think that Obama is pretty much like any president you are being myopic. There has never been a president more confused about what his job is. If he'd rammed through even more than the health care bill I might have slightly respected him but he has done nothing like a president. He doesn't lead, he doesn't even respond to crisis. You can say that Bush put on some show by clearing brush but it might interest you that he still does that and no audience. Hm he mountain bikes too. All presidents are pretty much who they are. Being president doesn't do much. If it did Clinton could have controlled his urges for eight years.
To Obama supporters it's much like supporters of any president. They just cannot see where he has gone wrong. They might be slightly less slobbery but they will not admit to the faults of the president. That's you. That's my sis.
Amazingly we are seeing news sources sort of turning against him. I usually don't see that with most presidents. They're either for him or against him.(the president that is)

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#166298 Aug 6, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Do you really think that 'waste time' dodge actually saves face?
Why would anyone care about saving face? Anonymous board, Willie. Maybe you care or Catcher because this is where you get your kudos but most people have a life.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#166299 Aug 6, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Why would anyone care about saving face? Anonymous board, Willie. Maybe you care or Catcher because this is where you get your kudos but most people have a life.
Hey!!

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#166301 Aug 6, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Why would anyone care about saving face? Anonymous board, Willie. Maybe you care or Catcher because this is where you get your kudos but most people have a life.
I don't know why anyone would try and save face on an anonymous board.

We'll just have to agree to disagree whether people you agree with are capable of such lame behavior.

The lame attempt to turn it back, however - not so good.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#166302 Aug 6, 2013
<quoted text>
Fact: This is just a smattering of facts with which my posts have ‘presented’ you over the last several days - your responses have been limited to your opinions….mostly your opinions of my personality, and how much it irks you for one reason or another. But that hardly negates the (fact) that I’ve presented them.
Fact: your posts are no less opinion-riddled than those of anyone else on this thread, including me.
This coming from a phony, a fake, and a charlatan:
[Shovelhead wrote several months back, pp]"....I'll be leaving now, enjoy your thread". Shortly thereafter, you magically reappear not as SH72, but as "Sister Kathryn Lust". Why? Who you hiding from?

Doesn't really matter. Since you're actually a phony, you have no credibility (IMO). But this next gem was one of me all time favs.
<quoted text>
Opinions: Your opinions are every bit as ‘boring’ as mine, and if it wasn’t for me and willie, there wouldn’t be an intelligible, much less intelligent, opposing viewpoint consistently posted on this thread, and it would become the mutual admiration society it has threatened to become for the last, oh, I’m going to guess, four years.

There’s nothing more boring than a bunch of folks bloviating about, and congratulating themselves on, sharing various opinions in lock-step with one another. You need me, and the one or two other opposing viewpoints here, to keep this benighted thread relevant.
Now THAT'S comedy....."if it wasn't for me and willie,.....".
Hahhahaahhahheeehhahahhahahhah ahahhahhahahhahahheeheheheehhe e.

Oh but wait, there's more.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#166303 Aug 6, 2013
<quoted text>Do you feel refreshed, Pernie?
I usually do, after I take a satisfying dump.
The last person who took me to the woodshed was my father. You're not him. And your opinions on dozens of subjects are littering the thread. Calling me everything but a white girl won't make you smarter than me...and neither will grasping at straws like 'right-wing red flags'.
Seems to me you're the one in the woodshed.
Hilarious... because Mary and Hip have similar color avatars, you
actually blasted your idol Hippy, instead of Pern. Smooooothe!

Next time you get all flustered, genius. Ya might wanna dblcheck who yer addressing.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#166304 Aug 6, 2013
forgot the msg re: number

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#166305 Aug 6, 2013
<quoted text>I've been to Paris, Texas.
There's this sweet little literary convention, known as 'irony'.
Perhaps you've heard of it?
I don't feel the need to explain my ironic statement, however.
You either got it, or you didn't.
(I'm guessing you didn't.)
There's also a virtue known as HONESTY, shovelface. You got a lotta gall ringing this jewel up.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#166306 Aug 6, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey!!
Another brilliant retort from the university-educated barrister.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#166307 Aug 6, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>If you're stupid enough to think I worship Obama you're not a good judge of comedic talent.
YOU were stupid enough to take the term "worship" literally.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 2 min old_moose 26,764
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 28 min Tellthetruth 985,719
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 hr Jake999 6,452
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Robert F 685,847
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 2 hr Classic 4,294
News Gov. Abbott suggests 'bathroom bill' is likely ... 4 hr Red Crosse 7
Why it's time for Donald Trump to RESIGN...in d... 5 hr MOGA 41
More from around the web