Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Law enforcement types, cops, sheriffs, prison guards, tend to be Republicans--authoritarian personality.
http://www.followthemoney.org/database/topcon...

TABLE 2: Contributions by Political Affiliation from 2008 to 2012
Party Records Total % of Overall
Democrat 451 $1,388,016 54.44%
Republican 137 $204,450 8.02%
Nonpartisan 1 $3,000 0.12%
Third Party 0 $0 0.00%
Ballot Measures 16 $954,064 37.42%

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
Back it up with facts.
As my mother used to say: A toda costa quieres que me coma el leon.

“On a sailing ship to nowhere”

Since: Jun 07

Colorado

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
As my mother used to say: A toda costa quieres que me coma el leon.
Eat the lion counselor.

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Labor Participation Rate 63.0%

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just a couple of quick points:
I have never said Zimmerman targeted Trayvon because he was black. I fault Zimmerman for becoming a vigilante; he shouldn't have been following anybody.
I also think the not guilty verdict was legally correct: We don't know what happened, and there clearly was reasonable doubt.
However, I think Zimmerman deserves much moral blame. And my point here is that ALL of the blame I have seen reflected in the posts here is directed to Trayvon.
If I saw posts blaming Nicole Simpson in the O.J. case, or suggesting that she shouldn't have been romancing Ron Goldman, I'd be just as horrified.
For me, it has nothing to do with race. Unfortunately, that's not the case with others. That's my view.
Unfortunately, Travon resorted to violence, and attacked Mr. Zimmerman, who was faithfully performing his neighborhood watch duties, from ambush. I think Mr. Zimmerman showed remarkable restraint with his weapon, even though he was being savagely beaten by his attacker. However, once Travon saw the weapon, and reached for it, Mr. Zimmerman was forced to use the weapon to defend his life. End of story.

I'm not sure it was the same with the Simpson murder case. If I remember correctly an unarmed Nichole and Mr. Goldman were violently attacked and murdered by and armed assailant from ambush at her home... see the difference?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
John McCain is a RINO. He's no Christian and he doesn't want a theocracy yet you voted O'Bummer over him? You make no sense. He is the type of Republican you should identify with.
Doubtful, I almost voted for obama instead of McCain.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>My former husband registered D when he turned 18, but rarely voted. He did, however, run for mayor once - I didn't vote for him. I figured marrying him was treason enough.
Both our sons registered R.
:)
Have you forgiven them?

Colorado

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
I would not vote before I'd have voted for Obama. McCain made/makes me ill but no way would I have ever pulled that lever for Obama.

Colorado

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would you do that? Why vote for someone with such a questionable background over sitting out the election?
McCain represents everything SKL is saying she wants in the Republican party. He is not pro life, he is not a Christian, he is the truest representative of a RINO. Why,if he is the ultimate representative of her point of view did she vote for Obama?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

<quoted text>Now you're telling me who and what I 'should' identify with?
I'll decide that, thanks.
John McCain reminded me too much of GHW Bush. Didn't trust him as far as I could spit him. Not fond of spooks.
We do have some things in common. I couldn't bring myself to vote for HW, but I couldn't vote for Clinton either... I happily voted for Ross Perot both times.

I held my nose voting for McCain, but I just couldn't trust obama based on those he associated with. Turns out, I was right about both of them.

Colorado

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
We do have some things in common. I couldn't bring myself to vote for HW, but I couldn't vote for Clinton either... I happily voted for Ross Perot both times.
I held my nose voting for McCain, but I just couldn't trust obama based on those he associated with. Turns out, I was right about both of them.
So, in effect, you voted for Clinton both times. Well, at least you didn't sully yourself by voting for Bush the elder.

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately, Travon resorted to violence, and attacked Mr. Zimmerman, who was faithfully performing his neighborhood watch duties, from ambush. I think Mr. Zimmerman showed remarkable restraint with his weapon, even though he was being savagely beaten by his attacker. However, once Travon saw the weapon, and reached for it, Mr. Zimmerman was forced to use the weapon to defend his life. End of story.
I'm not sure it was the same with the Simpson murder case. If I remember correctly an unarmed Nichole and Mr. Goldman were violently attacked and murdered by and armed assailant from ambush at her home... see the difference?
Fine.

I won't beat a dead horse with you.

If it means something to you, I'll say that you win.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no arguing with someone who doesn't face reality.
I didn't realize I was arguing with you.

But I'd never have the gall to tell anyone how to vote.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
But you voted for Obama.
You are the epitome of an illogical woman.
I'm sure your voting record wouldn't make any sense to me either. Good thing it doesn't have to, eh?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you forgiven them?
They're the ones who need to forgive me...for marrying a California democrat.

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>They're the ones who need to forgive me...for marrying a California democrat.
Hey.

I resemble that remark.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
So, in effect, you voted for Clinton both times. Well, at least you didn't sully yourself by voting for Bush the elder.
I didn't vote for HW or Bob Dole, so technically, I did vote for Clinton twice.

Republicans don't have a lock on my vote, I'm an Independent. If they insist on putting up loser candidates, I'll shop elsewhere, as I have.

I can honestly say I wasn't sure who I was going to vote for in 2008 until I was in the voting booth. McCain only got my vote because I wasn't enthused with any of the third party candidates AND he had Sarah Palin as his running mate. obama didn't get my vote because he had some shady associates AND Joe Biden was his running mate,(Joe was my Senator for 36 years, so I knew what a loser he was).

Although he was weak in some areas, overall I was satisfied with George W. Bush, and gave him my vote twice. But then, he was running against AlGore and John Kerry. The Democrats made those choices EASY.

I enthusiastically voted for Mitt Romney. I thought he was exactly what our floundering obama economy needed, and, after four years, I knew what king obama was.

If the Republicans put up a quality conservative candidate, like a Dr. Benjamin Carson, Ted Cruz, Rand Paul or even Sarah Palin, not only will they get my vote, I'll knock on doors and make phone calls for them. Put up another John McCain type... I'll have to shop around.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

<quoted text>They're the ones who need to forgive me...for marrying a California democrat.
Democrats aren't all bad, believe it or not, I was one for over 40 years... and my wife married me too.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2013

BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Democrats aren't all bad, believe it or not, I was one for over 40 years... and my wife married me too.
I didn't divorce the guy for his political affiliation...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey.
I resemble that remark.
Sucks to be you, Nerd...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2013

Happy Birthday to Kenyan Muslims everywhere!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

483 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 11 min itzik_f 115,282
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 21 min Epiphany2 599,093
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 27 min It aint necessarily so 721,096
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 36 min Rosa_Winkel 224,353
Automatic Oil Press Introduction And Automatic ... 36 min wintone 1
WE THE PEOPLE Are Not Laughing Anymore 1 hr Patriot 2
I Never Can Say Goodbye 1 hr Patriot 5
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr AussieBobby 256,645
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 13 hr kalei 79
Game of Thrones Ebook Download Free [PDF] (Feb '13) 17 hr Drom Jagter 54
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••