Bush is a hero

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#166163 Aug 3, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
Bachmann and Santorum are elected. You're comparing apples and oranges.
They're all state employees. You're evading the issue.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#166164 Aug 3, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
John McCain is a RINO. He's no Christian and he doesn't want a theocracy yet you voted O'Bummer over him? You make no sense. He is the type of Republican you should identify with.
Now you're telling me who and what I 'should' identify with?

I'll decide that, thanks.

John McCain reminded me too much of GHW Bush. Didn't trust him as far as I could spit him. Not fond of spooks.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#166165 Aug 3, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>They're all state employees. You're evading the issue.
Law enforcement types, cops, sheriffs, prison guards, tend to be Republicans--authoritarian personality.

“On a sailing ship to nowhere”

Since: Jun 07

Colorado

#166166 Aug 3, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>They're all state employees. You're evading the issue.
There is no arguing with someone who doesn't face reality.

“On a sailing ship to nowhere”

Since: Jun 07

Colorado

#166167 Aug 3, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Law enforcement types, cops, sheriffs, prison guards, tend to be Republicans--authoritarian personality.
Back it up with facts.

“On a sailing ship to nowhere”

Since: Jun 07

Colorado

#166168 Aug 3, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Now you're telling me who and what I 'should' identify with?
I'll decide that, thanks.
John McCain reminded me too much of GHW Bush. Didn't trust him as far as I could spit him. Not fond of spooks.
But you voted for Obama.
You are the epitome of an illogical woman.

“On a sailing ship to nowhere”

Since: Jun 07

Colorado

#166169 Aug 3, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Law enforcement types, cops, sheriffs, prison guards, tend to be Republicans--authoritarian personality.
http://www.followthemoney.org/database/topcon...

TABLE 2: Contributions by Political Affiliation from 2008 to 2012
Party Records Total % of Overall
Democrat 451 $1,388,016 54.44%
Republican 137 $204,450 8.02%
Nonpartisan 1 $3,000 0.12%
Third Party 0 $0 0.00%
Ballot Measures 16 $954,064 37.42%

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#166170 Aug 3, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
Back it up with facts.
As my mother used to say: A toda costa quieres que me coma el leon.

“On a sailing ship to nowhere”

Since: Jun 07

Colorado

#166171 Aug 3, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
As my mother used to say: A toda costa quieres que me coma el leon.
Eat the lion counselor.

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#166172 Aug 3, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just a couple of quick points:
I have never said Zimmerman targeted Trayvon because he was black. I fault Zimmerman for becoming a vigilante; he shouldn't have been following anybody.
I also think the not guilty verdict was legally correct: We don't know what happened, and there clearly was reasonable doubt.
However, I think Zimmerman deserves much moral blame. And my point here is that ALL of the blame I have seen reflected in the posts here is directed to Trayvon.
If I saw posts blaming Nicole Simpson in the O.J. case, or suggesting that she shouldn't have been romancing Ron Goldman, I'd be just as horrified.
For me, it has nothing to do with race. Unfortunately, that's not the case with others. That's my view.
Unfortunately, Travon resorted to violence, and attacked Mr. Zimmerman, who was faithfully performing his neighborhood watch duties, from ambush. I think Mr. Zimmerman showed remarkable restraint with his weapon, even though he was being savagely beaten by his attacker. However, once Travon saw the weapon, and reached for it, Mr. Zimmerman was forced to use the weapon to defend his life. End of story.

I'm not sure it was the same with the Simpson murder case. If I remember correctly an unarmed Nichole and Mr. Goldman were violently attacked and murdered by and armed assailant from ambush at her home... see the difference?

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#166173 Aug 3, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
John McCain is a RINO. He's no Christian and he doesn't want a theocracy yet you voted O'Bummer over him? You make no sense. He is the type of Republican you should identify with.
Doubtful, I almost voted for obama instead of McCain.

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#166174 Aug 3, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>My former husband registered D when he turned 18, but rarely voted. He did, however, run for mayor once - I didn't vote for him. I figured marrying him was treason enough.
Both our sons registered R.
:)
Have you forgiven them?

“On a sailing ship to nowhere”

Since: Jun 07

Colorado

#166175 Aug 3, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Doubtful, I almost voted for obama instead of McCain.
I would not vote before I'd have voted for Obama. McCain made/makes me ill but no way would I have ever pulled that lever for Obama.

“On a sailing ship to nowhere”

Since: Jun 07

Colorado

#166176 Aug 3, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Doubtful, I almost voted for obama instead of McCain.
Why would you do that? Why vote for someone with such a questionable background over sitting out the election?
McCain represents everything SKL is saying she wants in the Republican party. He is not pro life, he is not a Christian, he is the truest representative of a RINO. Why,if he is the ultimate representative of her point of view did she vote for Obama?

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#166177 Aug 3, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Now you're telling me who and what I 'should' identify with?
I'll decide that, thanks.
John McCain reminded me too much of GHW Bush. Didn't trust him as far as I could spit him. Not fond of spooks.
We do have some things in common. I couldn't bring myself to vote for HW, but I couldn't vote for Clinton either... I happily voted for Ross Perot both times.

I held my nose voting for McCain, but I just couldn't trust obama based on those he associated with. Turns out, I was right about both of them.

“On a sailing ship to nowhere”

Since: Jun 07

Colorado

#166178 Aug 3, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
We do have some things in common. I couldn't bring myself to vote for HW, but I couldn't vote for Clinton either... I happily voted for Ross Perot both times.
I held my nose voting for McCain, but I just couldn't trust obama based on those he associated with. Turns out, I was right about both of them.
So, in effect, you voted for Clinton both times. Well, at least you didn't sully yourself by voting for Bush the elder.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#166179 Aug 3, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately, Travon resorted to violence, and attacked Mr. Zimmerman, who was faithfully performing his neighborhood watch duties, from ambush. I think Mr. Zimmerman showed remarkable restraint with his weapon, even though he was being savagely beaten by his attacker. However, once Travon saw the weapon, and reached for it, Mr. Zimmerman was forced to use the weapon to defend his life. End of story.
I'm not sure it was the same with the Simpson murder case. If I remember correctly an unarmed Nichole and Mr. Goldman were violently attacked and murdered by and armed assailant from ambush at her home... see the difference?
Fine.

I won't beat a dead horse with you.

If it means something to you, I'll say that you win.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#166180 Aug 3, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no arguing with someone who doesn't face reality.
I didn't realize I was arguing with you.

But I'd never have the gall to tell anyone how to vote.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#166181 Aug 3, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
But you voted for Obama.
You are the epitome of an illogical woman.
I'm sure your voting record wouldn't make any sense to me either. Good thing it doesn't have to, eh?

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#166182 Aug 3, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you forgiven them?
They're the ones who need to forgive me...for marrying a California democrat.

:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min New Age Spiritual... 667,790
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 27 min RiversideRedneck 92,622
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 33 min Brian_G 445,568
partnership to support the poor and marginalise... 34 min Kwaku_serious 2017 1
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 47 min Pegasus 286,025
Looking for a Magnussen Home Valenza Bedroom Co... 1 hr Cochransngso 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr ffj 979,419
More from around the web