Bush is a hero

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#165828 Jul 31, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>There's that "you're stupid and I'm not" that you use so often. See there you go seeing something bigoted about asking about a person's nationality. It's interesting to know where people come from and was in no way meant to set him apart. He did tell Lyndi he was from Peru.
Yes you did act as though you knew the black experience with your statement that anyone who is black in america was greatly affected by the Trayvon Martin case. First I happen to know some who don't feel that way and second how would you know that? That's just a small example. How would you know any of this except you read it in a book. Not a great way to get to know people.
Don't get so angry Willie. I know you are when you get all hyped up and start throwing around "liar" etc. It's just an anonymous forum.
I probably won't ignore your posts. They need to be challenged.
You did not ask me about my nationality.

You flat out stated I'm Peruvian.

I told you I am not.

Nor have I ever said, to anybody, that I'm Peruvian.

I challenge you to find any post of mine where I said I am, or have ever been, Peruvian.

I'm betting you'll say you don't have time to search; or it's not worth it. But that you just know I said I'm Peruvian.

That's outright dishonesty, and you know it.

It's calling me a liar--consistent with your earlier statement that you don't trust me.

That says something about you, not about me.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#165829 Jul 31, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>You can ask me anything, but to be honest I'm not sure what you're asking. When I blacked out things, for instance when an insurance company wanted notes on one of my clients, I would black out anything that didn't relate to what they were asking for. If names were included (and they rarely were) I'd black those out. I did it with a black magic marker.
It used to be what we did when we were asked to testify in court but we finally realized it was best not to bring any notes but to answer questions from memory.
Forget it :) I was vaguely daydreaming about clever schemes for...uh...obtaining living supplies at low cost. Yes, yes, that's it--obtaining living supplies at low cost. Let's go with that.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#165830 Jul 31, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>There's that "you're stupid and I'm not" that you use so often. See there you go seeing something bigoted about asking about a person's nationality. It's interesting to know where people come from and was in no way meant to set him apart. He did tell Lyndi he was from Peru.
Yes you did act as though you knew the black experience with your statement that anyone who is black in america was greatly affected by the Trayvon Martin case. First I happen to know some who don't feel that way and second how would you know that? That's just a small example. How would you know any of this except you read it in a book. Not a great way to get to know people.
Don't get so angry Willie. I know you are when you get all hyped up and start throwing around "liar" etc. It's just an anonymous forum.
I probably won't ignore your posts. They need to be challenged.
Your words, lisw, which I did not identify as bigoted; I said they were ignorant.

You didn't ask about his nationality. You speculated about whether or not he was a bigot based on where he's from because he used a buzzword from months ago in a context that any reader of English should have picked up as sarcasm.

"I'm pretty sure that Catcher came from Peru. There is deep seated bigotry in Peru, where a black man or woman will never be more than a domestic worker at this time. Now either Catcher is part of that bigotry or maybe he actually came here to get away from it. But his use of "darkie" means he is affected by it."

That was what was ignorant, lisw.

As to you claiming that I 'know the black experience" because I stated a couple of opinions - that's also crap. That's no different from me ridiculously claiming that Pern was doing the same thing ('act as though she knew the black experience') when she posted what she thought needs to be fixed in the black community.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#165831 Jul 31, 2013
SPECIAL TO WORLD IDIOT AND SISTER KAT:

Until a moment ago, I didn't see your messages of support. I have NO idea why I didn't see them sooner than this :s but I didn't.

Anyhow, I'm posting this now to say thank you to you both :)
lisw

Hamersville, OH

#165832 Jul 31, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You did not ask me about my nationality.
You flat out stated I'm Peruvian.
I told you I am not.
Nor have I ever said, to anybody, that I'm Peruvian.
I challenge you to find any post of mine where I said I am, or have ever been, Peruvian.
I'm betting you'll say you don't have time to search; or it's not worth it. But that you just know I said I'm Peruvian.
That's outright dishonesty, and you know it.
It's calling me a liar--consistent with your earlier statement that you don't trust me.
That says something about you, not about me.
I recall you saying to Lyndi you were from Peru. It's not important, the only reason I brought it up is that you are so accusatory of others about racism and yet south american countries struggle terribly with racism. I merely asked if you came here because of it. As far as not trusting you, Catcher, numerous times you have said I never said that and people prove you did. Then you hem and haw. If it were important to me I'd look it up but the country doesn't matter. I want to know why you feel the need to constantly accuse people of racism.
I did not call you a liar.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#165833 Jul 31, 2013
Charley Reese's Final column!

545 vs. 300,000,000 People
-By Charlie Reese

Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them.
Have you ever wondered, if both the Democrats and the Republicans are against deficits, WHY do we have deficits?
Have you ever wondered, if all the politicians are against inflation and high taxes, WHY do we have inflation and high taxes?
You and I don't propose a federal budget. The President does.
You and I don't have the Constitutional authority to vote on appropriations. The House of Representatives does.
You and I don't write the tax code, Congress does.
You and I don't set fiscal policy, Congress does.
You and I don't control monetary policy, the Federal Reserve Bank does.
One hundred senators, 435 congressmen, one President, and nine Supreme Court justices equates to 545 human beings out of the 300 million are directly, legally, morally, and individually responsible for the domestic problems that plague this country.
I excluded the members of the Federal Reserve Board because that problem was created by the Congress. In 1913, Congress delegated its Constitutional duty to provide a sound currency to a federally chartered, but private, central bank.
I excluded all the special interests and lobbyists for a sound reason. They have no legal authority. They have no ability to coerce a senator, a congressman, or a President to do one cotton-picking thing. I don't care if they offer a politician $1 million dollars in cash. The politician has the power to accept or reject it. No matter what the lobbyist promises, it is the legislator's responsibility to determine how he votes.
Those 545 human beings spend much of their energy convincing you that what they did is not their fault. They cooperate in this common con regardless of party.
What separates a politician from a normal human being is an excessive amount of gall. No normal human being would have the gall of a Speaker, who stood up and criticized the President for creating deficits..( The President can only propose a budget. He cannot force the Congress to accept it.)
The Constitution, which is the supreme law of the land, gives sole responsibility to the House of Representatives for originating and approving appropriations and taxes. Who is the speaker of the House?( John Boehner. He is the leader of the majority party. He and fellow House members, not the President, can approve any budget they want.) If the President vetoes it, they can pass it over his veto if they agree to.[The House has passed a budget but the Senate has not approved a budget in over three years. The President's proposed budgets have gotten almost unanimous rejections in the Senate in that time.
It seems inconceivable to me that a nation of 300 million cannot replace 545 people who stand convicted -- by present facts -- of incompetence and irresponsibility. I can't think of a single domestic problem that is not traceable directly to those 545 people. When you fully grasp the plain truth that 545 people exercise the power of the federal government, then it must follow that what exists is what they want to exist.
If the tax code is unfair, it's because they want it unfair.
If the budget is in the red, it's because they want it in the red.
If the Army & Marines are in Iraq and Afghanistan it's because they want them in Iraq and Afghanistan ..
If they do not receive social security but are on an elite retirement plan not available to the people, it's because they want it that way.

There are no insoluble government problems.

These 535 people, and they alone, should be held accountable by the people who are their bosses. Provided the voters have the gumption to manage their own employees... We should vote all of them out of office and clean up their mess!

Charlie Reese is a former columnist of the Orlando Sentinel Newspaper.
lisw

Hamersville, OH

#165834 Jul 31, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
Forget it :) I was vaguely daydreaming about clever schemes for...uh...obtaining living supplies at low cost. Yes, yes, that's it--obtaining living supplies at low cost. Let's go with that.
I get it now :->

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#165835 Jul 31, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text> As far as not trusting you, Catcher, numerous times you have said I never said that and people prove you did.

I did not call you a liar.
And this is not calling me a liar?

Again, I challenge you to find any of those "numerous times."

Hard to believe you're willing to smear me like this.

Ever hear of Joe McCarthy? You do him proud.

I'm done.

Location hidden

#165836 Jul 31, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
Until a moment ago, I didn't see your messages of support. I have NO idea why I didn't see them sooner than this :s but I didn't.
Actually, you did, my friend. Right after I posted it, nearly.

Again, best of luck to your family in this difficult time.

*hugs*
lisw

Hamersville, OH

#165837 Jul 31, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Your words, lisw, which I did not identify as bigoted; I said they were ignorant.
You didn't ask about his nationality. You speculated about whether or not he was a bigot based on where he's from because he used a buzzword from months ago in a context that any reader of English should have picked up as sarcasm.
"I'm pretty sure that Catcher came from Peru. There is deep seated bigotry in Peru, where a black man or woman will never be more than a domestic worker at this time. Now either Catcher is part of that bigotry or maybe he actually came here to get away from it. But his use of "darkie" means he is affected by it."
That was what was ignorant, lisw.
As to you claiming that I 'know the black experience" because I stated a couple of opinions - that's also crap. That's no different from me ridiculously claiming that Pern was doing the same thing ('act as though she knew the black experience') when she posted what she thought needs to be fixed in the black community.
You have no right to call me ignorant Willie. You do not know my motivation or what I know, whether I know more than you or less. Just a suggestion that you lose the "you're dumb, you're ignorant , you're stupid" attitude. I can only speak for myself but it's insulting. I worked hard to know what I know and even in my area of expertise you've called me ignorant. I would not do that to you or to anyone.
lisw

Hamersville, OH

#165838 Jul 31, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm done.
Huh? Do you know who Joe McCarthy is? You know you've been caught saying you didn't say something when you did. I'm not smearing you any more than you smear Chris when you say "woe is me"
lisw

Hamersville, OH

#165839 Jul 31, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm done.
Actually "liar" is not the word. "confused" might be.

Location hidden

#165840 Jul 31, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
Monday.

I knew I remembered seeing your response.

:)

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#165841 Jul 31, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>You have no right to call me ignorant Willie. You do not know my motivation or what I know, whether I know more than you or less. Just a suggestion that you lose the "you're dumb, you're ignorant , you're stupid" attitude. I can only speak for myself but it's insulting. I worked hard to know what I know and even in my area of expertise you've called me ignorant. I would not do that to you or to anyone.
When you go to the absurd length you went in that reply to Chris, I think ignorant is an accurate description.

As to your comments about my attitude - gimme a break, lady. The only reason my attitude bugs you is because you disagree with me. There are other posters here who make me look like a rank amateur in the "you're dumb, you're ignorant, you're stupid" department. Since you share their politics you are more than willing to overlook just about anything they do.
lisw

Hamersville, OH

#165842 Jul 31, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>When you go to the absurd length you went in that reply to Chris, I think ignorant is an accurate description.
As to your comments about my attitude - gimme a break, lady. The only reason my attitude bugs you is because you disagree with me. There are other posters here who make me look like a rank amateur in the "you're dumb, you're ignorant, you're stupid" department. Since you share their politics you are more than willing to overlook just about anything they do.
Not true and that just sounds like a petulant child. I am so tired of it. If World Idiot says something worthy I give him credit. Maybe you can point out who does the 'stupid, dumb, ignorant" thing. I'm not seeing it.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#165843 Jul 31, 2013
I am so hopeful that the Benghazi thing will be cleared up.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#165844 Jul 31, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Not true and that just sounds like a petulant child. I am so tired of it. If World Idiot says something worthy I give him credit. Maybe you can point out who does the 'stupid, dumb, ignorant" thing. I'm not seeing it.
Then you are blind - probably willingly.

“Take It To The Limit”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#165845 Jul 31, 2013
Willie, That's what you are, but what am I?

Lis, That's what you are, but what am I?

Catcher, That's what you are, but what am I?
Oh, wait! I'm not part of those discussions.
carry on.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#165846 Jul 31, 2013
Rudyard Kiplingesque wrote:
Willie, That's what you are, but what am I?
Lis, That's what you are, but what am I?
Catcher, That's what you are, but what am I?
Oh, wait! I'm not part of those discussions.
carry on.
Yep! Thanks BH.

Location hidden

#165847 Jul 31, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Not true and that just sounds like a petulant child. I am so tired of it. If World Idiot says something worthy I give him credit. Maybe you can point out who does the 'stupid, dumb, ignorant" thing. I'm not seeing it.
You're ignoring it from Bobin, whose every post to anyone he considers 'liberal' is at least 3/4 "You're a dumbass." I've rarely seen you chastise badbob for any of his tantrums, most of which denigrate his target's intelligence. And when Lyndi used to post here, you were johhny-on-the-spot to agree with her low opinion of the smarts available to just about everyone who disagreed with her...those poor benighted low-info voters, especially.

Willie's spot on.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 6 min Rosa_Winkel 38,093
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 13 min MUQ2 280,877
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 16 min Brian_G 641,499
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 24 min MUQ2 44,343
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 1 hr Paul is dead 4,111
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr AussieBobby 104,661
Do you want to earn $0,00025 from each your web... 1 hr AussieBobby 5
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Steve III 618,386
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr Brian_G 969,957
More from around the web