Bush is a hero

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#165815 Jul 31, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Hmm, you said you were from Peru, but I can't always trust what you say. I agree that there is racism in the US. But the things you think indicate racism are not it. Luckily we have laws and years of affirmative action have made it possible to be much more than a domestic worker in the US unlike most south american countries.
I'm of a belief that those who cry racism the most are probably the most racist. They are on guard constantly to hear bigotry in everything that is said in hopes of a gotcha moment. This to me makes it clear that they are very worried about the color of a person's skin. I hope you aren't one of those people.
I am not from Peru, so why would I say that I am? And I'm sorry you can't trust.

I am not one of "those people." If you have some sort of evidence that I am, I'd like to see it.

“On a sailing ship to nowhere”

Since: Jun 07

Colorado

#165816 Jul 31, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Hmm, you said you were from Peru, but I can't always trust what you say. I agree that there is racism in the US. But the things you think indicate racism are not it. Luckily we have laws and years of affirmative action have made it possible to be much more than a domestic worker in the US unlike most south american countries.
I'm of a belief that those who cry racism the most are probably the most racist. They are on guard constantly to hear bigotry in everything that is said in hopes of a gotcha moment. This to me makes it clear that they are very worried about the color of a person's skin. I hope you aren't one of those people.
Racism in Peru:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/19/blac...
Blacks are all but absent from Peru's business and political elite and although slavery was abolished in 1854, only 2 percent of Peru's blacks go to college. Afro-Peruvians are consigned largely to manual labor including as field hands in sugar cane plantations along the nation's Pacific coast.

Census-takers don't even register black Peruvians by race. They are estimated to account for no more than 10 percent of the country's 29 million people and only in 2011 did the country get its first Afro-Peruvian Cabinet minister, the internationally renowned singer Susana Baca.

the article goes on:
Black pallbearers are a legacy, historians say, of the bulk of Spain's colonial nobility in South America living in Lima and routinely keeping a sizeable retinue of house slaves.

A historian of Peru's slave trade, Maribel Arrelucea, said that "to have one's body carried by a black is understood by many to be a symbol of prestige, just as it was in the colonial era when the aristocrats of Lima went to church accompanied by a slave."

Tanya Hernandez, a professor at Fordham University in the U.S. and author of the book "Racial Subordination in Latin America," said the tradition also reflects "problems in the entire region with descendants of Africans who have no space in public life or ways of advancing in the economy or politically."
lisw

Hamersville, OH

#165817 Jul 31, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not from Peru, so why would I say that I am? And I'm sorry you can't trust.
I am not one of "those people." If you have some sort of evidence that I am, I'd like to see it.
I didn't say you were but you consistently accuse people of being racist. To me that means you're looking for it. I said in that past post it might be because you experienced it, racism that is.

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#165818 Jul 31, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You made a statement.
Now you say you can't back up your statement with any evidence.
Instead, you talk about time machines and forest fires.
Dude!
It's common sense. A war could have been started towards Germany when they invaded their first country. Would have saved thousands of lives and sparred many from the ovens.

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#165819 Jul 31, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
If only the allies had taken down Germany when they first violated the treaty terms, no WWII... how many lives could have been saved?
Thank you.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#165820 Jul 31, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Obama was all wrong about making statements about the Zimmerman case. But here is what I think happens Bobbin. You focus on that and it is easy for Willie to say in effect "man you're dumb" The really important stuff gets covered over. have you noticed in his speeches about the economy he is playing the person kept in the dark? He says "oh my God look what is happening" as if someone else made it happen not his foolish ideas for the last five years. The rich are richer the poor are poorer and the middle class is becoming poor and it's his fault.

He has lied about Benghazi and now says it's a phony scandal and the people who support him go "Uh-huh, uh-huh" Talk about the dumbing down of America.
You've pretty much summed it up, as usual.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#165821 Jul 31, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Willie would you please get off your highhorse, you're making me dizzy. You are probably the worst offender, trying to act as if you know what the black experience is. You're not black so you can't know, and if I were black I'd be extremely offended by you. Well I'm offended anyway. But it goes beyond that. You think you know the motivation behind everything, why Obama does what he does and why Bush cleared brush. Maybe they just do what they do because they like doing it for pete's sake. Ignorance? I think it gets under your craw when anyone knows more than you do or has had the benefit of better education. Yes, you are that transparent. my suggestion to you if what I say bothers you is that you skip over it. You'll live longer.
Your post to Catcher was just plain ignorant, LISW.

There's no other way to put it. You scraped the bottom of the barrel with that post, all in a lame attempt to back up Chris.

(FYI, the last person to drag up someone's nationality when they didn't like someone's posts was Anonymous of Brampton. Fine intellectual company you're keeping these days.

If you don't like it, well, I suggest you sit on it and spin.

If you can show me where I claimed to 'know the black experience', I'll eat my words.

Otherwise, you're just a liar.

Batk atcha, hon - my suggestion to you if what I say bothers you is that you skip over it. You won't look nearly as stupid.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#165822 Jul 31, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Evidence?

She don't need no stinkin' evidence - she'll invent that out of whole cloth and cheap stereotypes.

Location hidden

#165823 Jul 31, 2013
lisw wrote:
Obama and his administration are not dumb but they act dumb. They showed with documents turned over in the investigation of the IRS that most pages were blacked out. They look stupid and reporters and viewers alike are saying who is going to buy that. Well the courts will buy that. I know as someone who had to turn over documents at times about the client the art of blacking out. It is to protect the privacy of people who are not involved or issues that are not related. I'm pretty sure that the blacked out pages contain evidence they are crooks but no court will deny their right to black it out. So much depends on the integrity of the people supplying the information. I don't think they have integrity but you'd have a hard time proving that.
Lis, I don't know what you're going to think of me for asking this, but what would you recommend as an easy method for blacking-out to someone who's never done it before??
lisw

Hamersville, OH

#165824 Jul 31, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Your post to Catcher was just plain ignorant, LISW.
There's no other way to put it. You scraped the bottom of the barrel with that post, all in a lame attempt to back up Chris.
(FYI, the last person to drag up someone's nationality when they didn't like someone's posts was Anonymous of Brampton. Fine intellectual company you're keeping these days.
If you don't like it, well, I suggest you sit on it and spin.
If you can show me where I claimed to 'know the black experience', I'll eat my words.
Otherwise, you're just a liar.
Batk atcha, hon - my suggestion to you if what I say bothers you is that you skip over it. You won't look nearly as stupid.
There's that "you're stupid and I'm not" that you use so often. See there you go seeing something bigoted about asking about a person's nationality. It's interesting to know where people come from and was in no way meant to set him apart. He did tell Lyndi he was from Peru.
Yes you did act as though you knew the black experience with your statement that anyone who is black in america was greatly affected by the Trayvon Martin case. First I happen to know some who don't feel that way and second how would you know that? That's just a small example. How would you know any of this except you read it in a book. Not a great way to get to know people.
Don't get so angry Willie. I know you are when you get all hyped up and start throwing around "liar" etc. It's just an anonymous forum.
I probably won't ignore your posts. They need to be challenged.
lisw

Hamersville, OH

#165825 Jul 31, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
Lis, I don't know what you're going to think of me for asking this, but what would you recommend as an easy method for blacking-out to someone who's never done it before??
You can ask me anything, but to be honest I'm not sure what you're asking. When I blacked out things, for instance when an insurance company wanted notes on one of my clients, I would black out anything that didn't relate to what they were asking for. If names were included (and they rarely were) I'd black those out. I did it with a black magic marker.
It used to be what we did when we were asked to testify in court but we finally realized it was best not to bring any notes but to answer questions from memory.
lisw

Hamersville, OH

#165826 Jul 31, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Evidence?
She don't need no stinkin' evidence - she'll invent that out of whole cloth and cheap stereotypes.
There it is again.

Location hidden

#165827 Jul 31, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the danger of posting on topix day in and day out is that we can get tired and frustrated with the constant arguing and cease to argue our points of difference clearly. It is easy to slip into zingers and try to find those chinks to sink our wordy daggers in. I am as guilty as anybody of this.

When it comes to Obama and his culpability regarding some of the national problems he created by weighing in on the case, sometimes it is not what you say (although he said too much) it can also be what you don't say. Why did he not comment on anything that the New Black Panthers were up to? When he came to the lectern and talked about Trayvon being his son, or being him, he could have gone on to criticize Jackson, Sharpton and the New Black Panthers and their reward offered for Zimmerman or their racial divisiveness in an already tense situation. He did nothing but identify with Trayvon and never tried to calm the anger that was being fomented in the nation's black community by those panderers and media whores. He was a community organizer and is well aware of how to create a movement and I believe he either dropped the ball or intentionally gave it a push down the mountain.

He clearly identified himself as black in this situation and divorced himself from the idea that he is the President of all the people, of Trayvon and George Zimmerman.He should have reminded us that we are a nation of laws. He should have reinforced the which makes us great, that we are innocent until PROVEN GUILTY and in a murder trial it is to the point of beyond reasonable doubt. That dictum sets this country apart and contributes to its greatness.

The President is a biracial young man from a privileged background. He has been around the social elite much of his life. Him identifying with Trayvon or the black struggle is ridiculous. Half of him is white and the other half is African. Most of his idea of being black in America came from his white mother, his white grandparents, and collegiate propaganda.

I find his identification with Trayvon rather weird because his time in office has continued the decimation of young black men and the black family in America. Black teens are killing each other at an alarming rate and their violence is spilling out into other communities. Black unemployment is continuing to grow and is extremely high among young black men. Why won't he address these far reaching problems in his desire to identify with the black community? Why does he do the easy thing and pontificate on race in the Zimmerman/Martin case or in the Gates/Crowley fiasco?
Well, we know, don't we? He's more interested in power than he is in truly leading this nation to being a better people. Building slowly is tedious and difficult, and doesn't get much press. Pointing fingers at others is easy.

If I remember correctly, one of Nobama's campaign promises in 2008 was that he wanted to be "the uniter" or words to that effect, of helping to heal racial tensions in America. I do not believe he ever intended to really try to do that: racial issues are to him only another tool in his political kit, to be used when convenient and laid aside at will.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#165828 Jul 31, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>There's that "you're stupid and I'm not" that you use so often. See there you go seeing something bigoted about asking about a person's nationality. It's interesting to know where people come from and was in no way meant to set him apart. He did tell Lyndi he was from Peru.
Yes you did act as though you knew the black experience with your statement that anyone who is black in america was greatly affected by the Trayvon Martin case. First I happen to know some who don't feel that way and second how would you know that? That's just a small example. How would you know any of this except you read it in a book. Not a great way to get to know people.
Don't get so angry Willie. I know you are when you get all hyped up and start throwing around "liar" etc. It's just an anonymous forum.
You did not ask me about my nationality.

You flat out stated I'm Peruvian.

I told you I am not.

Nor have I ever said, to anybody, that I'm Peruvian.

I challenge you to find any post of mine where I said I am, or have ever been, Peruvian.

I'm betting you'll say you don't have time to search; or it's not worth it. But that you just know I said I'm Peruvian.

That's outright dishonesty, and you know it.

It's calling me a liar--consistent with your earlier statement that you don't trust me.

That says something about you, not about me.

Location hidden

#165829 Jul 31, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>You can ask me anything, but to be honest I'm not sure what you're asking. When I blacked out things, for instance when an insurance company wanted notes on one of my clients, I would black out anything that didn't relate to what they were asking for. If names were included (and they rarely were) I'd black those out. I did it with a black magic marker.
It used to be what we did when we were asked to testify in court but we finally realized it was best not to bring any notes but to answer questions from memory.
Forget it :) I was vaguely daydreaming about clever schemes for...uh...obtaining living supplies at low cost. Yes, yes, that's it--obtaining living supplies at low cost. Let's go with that.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#165830 Jul 31, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>There's that "you're stupid and I'm not" that you use so often. See there you go seeing something bigoted about asking about a person's nationality. It's interesting to know where people come from and was in no way meant to set him apart. He did tell Lyndi he was from Peru.
Your words, lisw, which I did not identify as bigoted; I said they were ignorant.

You didn't ask about his nationality. You speculated about whether or not he was a bigot based on where he's from because he used a buzzword from months ago in a context that any reader of English should have picked up as sarcasm.

"I'm pretty sure that Catcher came from Peru. There is deep seated bigotry in Peru, where a black man or woman will never be more than a domestic worker at this time. Now either Catcher is part of that bigotry or maybe he actually came here to get away from it. But his use of "darkie" means he is affected by it."

That was what was ignorant, lisw.

As to you claiming that I 'know the black experience" because I stated a couple of opinions - that's also crap. That's no different from me ridiculously claiming that Pern was doing the same thing ('act as though she knew the black experience') when she posted what she thought needs to be fixed in the black community.

Location hidden

#165831 Jul 31, 2013
SPECIAL TO WORLD IDIOT AND SISTER KAT:

Until a moment ago, I didn't see your messages of support. I have NO idea why I didn't see them sooner than this :s but I didn't.

Anyhow, I'm posting this now to say thank you to you both :)
lisw

Hamersville, OH

#165832 Jul 31, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You did not ask me about my nationality.
You flat out stated I'm Peruvian.
I told you I am not.
Nor have I ever said, to anybody, that I'm Peruvian.
I challenge you to find any post of mine where I said I am, or have ever been, Peruvian.
I'm betting you'll say you don't have time to search; or it's not worth it. But that you just know I said I'm Peruvian.
That's outright dishonesty, and you know it.
It's calling me a liar--consistent with your earlier statement that you don't trust me.
That says something about you, not about me.
I recall you saying to Lyndi you were from Peru. It's not important, the only reason I brought it up is that you are so accusatory of others about racism and yet south american countries struggle terribly with racism. I merely asked if you came here because of it. As far as not trusting you, Catcher, numerous times you have said I never said that and people prove you did. Then you hem and haw. If it were important to me I'd look it up but the country doesn't matter. I want to know why you feel the need to constantly accuse people of racism.
I did not call you a liar.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#165833 Jul 31, 2013
Charley Reese's Final column!

545 vs. 300,000,000 People
-By Charlie Reese

Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them.
Have you ever wondered, if both the Democrats and the Republicans are against deficits, WHY do we have deficits?
Have you ever wondered, if all the politicians are against inflation and high taxes, WHY do we have inflation and high taxes?
You and I don't propose a federal budget. The President does.
You and I don't have the Constitutional authority to vote on appropriations. The House of Representatives does.
You and I don't write the tax code, Congress does.
You and I don't set fiscal policy, Congress does.
You and I don't control monetary policy, the Federal Reserve Bank does.
One hundred senators, 435 congressmen, one President, and nine Supreme Court justices equates to 545 human beings out of the 300 million are directly, legally, morally, and individually responsible for the domestic problems that plague this country.
I excluded the members of the Federal Reserve Board because that problem was created by the Congress. In 1913, Congress delegated its Constitutional duty to provide a sound currency to a federally chartered, but private, central bank.
I excluded all the special interests and lobbyists for a sound reason. They have no legal authority. They have no ability to coerce a senator, a congressman, or a President to do one cotton-picking thing. I don't care if they offer a politician $1 million dollars in cash. The politician has the power to accept or reject it. No matter what the lobbyist promises, it is the legislator's responsibility to determine how he votes.
Those 545 human beings spend much of their energy convincing you that what they did is not their fault. They cooperate in this common con regardless of party.
What separates a politician from a normal human being is an excessive amount of gall. No normal human being would have the gall of a Speaker, who stood up and criticized the President for creating deficits..( The President can only propose a budget. He cannot force the Congress to accept it.)
The Constitution, which is the supreme law of the land, gives sole responsibility to the House of Representatives for originating and approving appropriations and taxes. Who is the speaker of the House?( John Boehner. He is the leader of the majority party. He and fellow House members, not the President, can approve any budget they want.) If the President vetoes it, they can pass it over his veto if they agree to.[The House has passed a budget but the Senate has not approved a budget in over three years. The President's proposed budgets have gotten almost unanimous rejections in the Senate in that time.
It seems inconceivable to me that a nation of 300 million cannot replace 545 people who stand convicted -- by present facts -- of incompetence and irresponsibility. I can't think of a single domestic problem that is not traceable directly to those 545 people. When you fully grasp the plain truth that 545 people exercise the power of the federal government, then it must follow that what exists is what they want to exist.
If the tax code is unfair, it's because they want it unfair.
If the budget is in the red, it's because they want it in the red.
If the Army & Marines are in Iraq and Afghanistan it's because they want them in Iraq and Afghanistan ..
If they do not receive social security but are on an elite retirement plan not available to the people, it's because they want it that way.

There are no insoluble government problems.

These 535 people, and they alone, should be held accountable by the people who are their bosses. Provided the voters have the gumption to manage their own employees... We should vote all of them out of office and clean up their mess!

Charlie Reese is a former columnist of the Orlando Sentinel Newspaper.
lisw

Hamersville, OH

#165834 Jul 31, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
Forget it :) I was vaguely daydreaming about clever schemes for...uh...obtaining living supplies at low cost. Yes, yes, that's it--obtaining living supplies at low cost. Let's go with that.
I get it now :->

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 12 min Cat 60,568
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 27 min Big Al 695,814
Baptists 4gave Trump WONT 4give J Swaggart 37 min Just Wondering 2
Last Post Wins !!! [ game time :) ] (Jan '11) 54 min texas pete 2,508
News Trump: Dem Memo a 'Bust,' Confirms Actions That... 4 hr way out of place ... 8
Dem Livertard Are All Liars& Narcists 4 hr way out of place ... 5
Feb 24 Trump Talks To Judge Jeanine 5 hr Funny n not funny 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 14 hr Tellthetruth 993,859
wierd situation with my mom. (Jul '14) Feb 19 Pimpy 23
More from around the web