Bush is a hero
UDIOTRACEMAKEWOR LDPEACE

United States

#165769 Jul 30, 2013
UDIOTRACEMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
ADD! If any president run astray of Imperial house orders he immediately placed in a coffin.
Example JFK , Lincoln...
Negative Icon this
UDIOTRACEMAKEWOR LDPEACE

United States

#165770 Jul 30, 2013
Jeff Sharlet
author of "The Family: The Secret Fundamentalism at the Heart of American Power"
'
A secretive group known as The Fellowship, or “The Family,” is one of the most powerful Christian fundamentalist movements in the United States. The Family’s devoted membership includes congressmen, corporate leaders, generals and foreign heads of state.

Unlike other Christian right groups, they [The Family] don’t really believe that you’re in power because you’re a good person.They believe that they are the “new chosen,” that you’re chosen for power by God. You’re not so much elected by the people as selected from above. And when you’re in that position, it doesn’t matter what you do. In a similar vein, the foreign leaders with whom they work, the dictators, about whom they have no illusions, are chosen by God for their countries, regardless of how brutal they are.
UDIOTRACEMAKEWOR LDPEACE

United States

#165771 Jul 30, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>See how people lap up misinformation.
But he was drinker! And you know of someone who knew truman, I was laughing. i did nit get chance to reply, sleepy
UDIOTRACEMAKEWOR LDPEACE

United States

#165772 Jul 30, 2013
American Xtain Envangelical/Fundies are one causing trouble for many at home and worldwide with their support for the US neocons war machines that got us American into illicit wars overseas!
----
Kevin Phillips, American Dynasty, p211

Newsweek, March 10, 2003,

Bush believes in God's will-and in winning elections with the backing of those who agree with him. As a subaltern in his father's 1988 campaign, George Bush the Younger assembled his career through contacts with ministers of the emerging evangelical movement in political life. Now they form the core of the Republican Party, which controls all of the capital for the first time in a half century. Bible-believing Christians are Bush's strongest backers.

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#165773 Jul 31, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>I think in reality he sees himself as an outsider in the black community and pays them just enough lip service to gain their votes and to be the one who controls the bees that buzz and swarm to his defense.
It's not easy for a white-African American king, raised by "typical white folks" to relate properly to the black community. That's why he spends so much time playing golf, and vacationing in Hawaii and Cape Cod... to experience what the average black person has to suffer through in their life.

Location hidden

#165774 Jul 31, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
So funny. When you put what I said in quotes and added "to be properly black" I got an instant flash of Chris Matthews and Piers Morgan. There is nothing about anything I said that implied "properly black". What does "properly black" even mean?
I did not say Obama would not identify as black. What I did say is he lived and grew up in a world of privilege that was pretty white and would have identified as more white than black. Growing up in Hawaii was not racially oppressive in the late 70s and 80's. It wasn't like that in California either. His identity with inner city blacks is not through personal experience.
I didn't lump Sharpton or Jackson into the New Black Panthers in the way you suggested. All I said was that each has its claws in the black community and all are media whores.
Even I identified with Trayvon's parents and my 17 year old, rap lovin', pant sagging, tattoo sporting, white boy son with Trayvon. You don't have to be black to put yourself in their terrible position or realize that boys out with friends can make very stupid mistakes. They are dumb as a box of rocks with boat loads of testosterone and teenage angst. They, given the right circumstances, are volatile and very unpredictable.
What I am saying, and continue to believe, is that Obama really doesn't give a rat's hairy behind about how his policies affect average Americans from any walk of life, not the ghetto and not the suburbs. He has never been Joe Average American. Oh, he cares about a story that pops up here and there but beyond that it doesn't make its way into his daily concerns. The only thing he cares about is the policies and agendas that come out of university campuses from people who only know an insulated life.
How can the king relate to the average working man... he's never had a working class job.

Location hidden

#165775 Jul 31, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
Your ears are connected to your world view and lack of respect for Conservatives.
I will leave it at that. You are wrong but you've posted it. Folks can read all I wrote and figure it on their own.
Before Tiger Woods came along, I didn't think of golf as a black man's sport. But then, Tiger is only half black too.

Personally, I've never seen a golf course anywhere near a Martin Luther King Boulevard. Just saying.

Location hidden

#165776 Jul 31, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>If you don't understand why Obama could say what he said when he said it, if you don't understand why black parents regardless of socioeconomic status took special notice of the case - well, I don't have the skills to explain it to you.
I hope that all parents of drug using gangsta wanna be violent punks were paying attention. There was a vey important message to be learned... and it had absolutely NOTHING to do with race.

“On a sailing ship to nowhere”

Since: Jun 07

Colorado

#165778 Jul 31, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't possibly know how oppressive it can be suffering through a Harvard education.
My heart just bleeds for him.

Colorado

#165779 Jul 31, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Do what, Pern - reply to posts you make to me?
Willie, just so you know, you're good with me. It was a good exchange. My last comment was regarding you saying I called Trayvon a thug. I didn't call him a thug. I leave thug for someone who is committing serious crimes not the wannabees. I do see him as a troubled, searching teen. With juvenile records kept private it is not totally possible to know the whole truth but I think he was on the fringe according to his own texts and photos.

Colorado

#165780 Jul 31, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Before Tiger Woods came along, I didn't think of golf as a black man's sport. But then, Tiger is only half black too.
Personally, I've never seen a golf course anywhere near a Martin Luther King Boulevard. Just saying.
I don't think I ever thought about color as a requirement for any sport.

Colorado

#165781 Jul 31, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
How can the king relate to the average working man... he's never had a working class job.
So true. And, he never attended a working class school either. Private schools all the way. Oops, I was wrong, once when he was in 4th grade in Jakarta.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#165782 Jul 31, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
Willie, that is the kind of thing that is said when you take advantage of my words and then graft in your own. You stopped having a discussion and started making accusations.
Of what did he accuse you?

You accused him of disrespect, when all he did was disagree.

Just sayin'.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#165783 Jul 31, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
Willie, just so you know, you're good with me. It was a good exchange. My last comment was regarding you saying I called Trayvon a thug. I didn't call him a thug. I leave thug for someone who is committing serious crimes not the wannabees. I do see him as a troubled, searching teen. With juvenile records kept private it is not totally possible to know the whole truth but I think he was on the fringe according to his own texts and photos.
I thought it was a good exchange too, but there's nowhere left to go.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#165784 Jul 31, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
You've been working at it for weeks, but nobody's taken your bait (although with all the low hanging fruit I'm surprised Catcher hasn't taken a swing).

Must be kinda frustrating ...

Location hidden

#165785 Jul 31, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think I ever thought about color as a requirement for any sport.
Of course color isn't a requirement for any sport. Tiger Woods made me realize that golf wasn't a sport where blacks were actively participating. Much like Arthur Ashe made me realize the same thing about tennis ages ago.

I only mentioned it because golf wouldn't seem to fit what most people view as the "black experience".

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#165786 Jul 31, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>You've been working at it for weeks, but nobody's taken your bait (although with all the low hanging fruit I'm surprised Catcher hasn't taken a swing).
I just shrug my shoulders and shake my head in silence.

There's not much one can say to these guys. They are programmed.

Location hidden

#165787 Jul 31, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>You've been working at it for weeks, but nobody's taken your bait (although with all the low hanging fruit I'm surprised Catcher hasn't taken a swing).
Working at what? obama's the one claiming to have experienced the 'black experience'... I'm simply pointing out how fradulent barry is, once again.

Because he's told so many lies, I don't think obama remembers what the truth is anymore.
UIDIOTRACEMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#165788 Jul 31, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I just shrug my shoulders and shake my head in silence.
There's not much one can say to these guys. They are programmed.
U got that right !
G_O_D

Laconia, NH

#165789 Jul 31, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Blacks and Whites can play any sport. Any person could play any sport if they wanted to.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 3 min Cat 46,227
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 15 min Michael 691,986
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 5 hr Johnny 388
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 hr Aura Mytha 990,681
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 6 hr exposingm0r0ns 6,704
Jeffreys: Evangelicals will vote for Moore 7 hr whatever 6
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 8 hr Dec 2017 News 445,848
More from around the web