Bush is a hero
UIDIOTRACEMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#165740 Jul 30, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>I think most graduates of Harvard or Yale have more in common with the top percent of this nation than the average black or white person does.
If those people are politicians, they are given to playing up their 'common' roots - whether it's shooting hoops or clearing brush. There's always some among that politician's opposition who will claim to have irrefutable proof that the politician is insincere.
Although there seems to be a need to quibble about it in some fashion or another, Obama is black. There are ways that he can relate to other black people regardless of his or their current or past socioeconomic status, even so-called ghetto or inner-city, no matter where he (or they) lived, regardless of the number of grandparents of a particular race.
Does he exploit that for political purposes? Well, duh - like every modern President we've ever had (with the barely arguable exception of Eisenhower) he's a friggin' politician. Even Truman, the President who was closest to being a common man was a friggin' politician.
The opposition need a Scape _goat President - black, and those our undereducated Whites and racist and even some of the educated whites ... would blame everything on Pres O. and say he ran the US into the hell hole... is it convenient sly tactic on part of Imperial house, for decades to come the evil opposition those our lowly Americans would use him as sounding board say he ran the US into the ground, a financial and moral bankrupted the US. u and i know it contrary , it really previous adminstrations doing and Pres. O is just another puppet follower.

“On a sailing ship to nowhere”

Since: Jun 07

Colorado

#165741 Jul 30, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed. I thank you for sharing a story from your family as well. My wife before she gave her life to Christ lived the alt. lifestyle as well. Her father was in the picture but didn't honor anyone and she became quite angry for years at men.
You're welcome Chris. I remember the story that you've shared and how transparent you have been. I love my niece and I know that she will have quite a story of her own someday.:)
I have two friends who've been in that lifestyle and left it. I know that the journey is not over yet. She has a lot of unresolved hurts. I only hope that meeting her dad this year has begun to give her answers and that she can find peace in her relationship with Christ on her travels.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#165742 Jul 30, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
Willie, that is the kind of thing that is said when you take advantage of my words and then graft in your own. You stopped having a discussion and started making accusations.
I didn't graft anything, and I made no accusations.

You and I have two different opinions, and all I've been trying to tell you is what you're saying sounds like to me.

Colorado

#165743 Jul 30, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, I freely admit the term 'properly black' is mine, and not one you've used. The thing is - you're the one who is insistent that Obama, for want of a better way of putting it, isn't as black as he claims to be.
You may want to slice and dice that a different way, but that's what I hear you saying.
The thing is Willie, Trayvon could never have been the President's son. Trayvon would have had the finest counselors, the finest schools and tutors, and he would have been surrounded by Secret Service 24-7. Obama's remarks that Trayvon could have been his was silly and did no one any good. What he could say is that he wants to work so that boys like Trayvon have a future, that they have jobs and hopes and dreams. That the thug attitude is a life for losers. That he will help begin programs to mentor young men to get good jobs or start businesses that are based on legal products. Teach them how to be married men and how to care for a family.
Instead he entertains the fools that have sold the thug lie to kids like Trayvon.
He'd rather be cool than be good.
lisw

Hamersville, OH

#165744 Jul 30, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't graft anything, and I made no accusations.
You and I have two different opinions, and all I've been trying to tell you is what you're saying sounds like to me.
What you give is not an opinion, it is a diatribe. You have no more of a handle on the reasons people do things than anyone. You are convinced you are right and no one can say anything you will give credence to. It reminds me of my daughter when she was much younger. We knew nothing until it was her idea. Growing up is a good thing.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#165745 Jul 30, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>What you give is not an opinion, it is a diatribe. You have no more of a handle on the reasons people do things than anyone. You are convinced you are right and no one can say anything you will give credence to. It reminds me of my daughter when she was much younger. We knew nothing until it was her idea. Growing up is a good thing.
How silly can you get, lisw?

I'm no more convinced I'm right than Pern or bobin or Chris or Roberta - or you.

Colorado

#165746 Jul 30, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, I freely admit the term 'properly black' is mine, and not one you've used. The thing is - you're the one who is insistent that Obama, for want of a better way of putting it, isn't as black as he claims to be.
You may want to slice and dice that a different way, but that's what I hear you saying.
I did not say those things. You took my words and put in your own interpretation.

This was not about being black. He is obviously that. It is about the experience he was speaking to. He can't do that. It is about understanding the decimation that the black community has suffered and the way it is being propagated by the people he honors with his attention. It is about what I wrote earlier, that he will never be father to a Trayvon.

When this young woman was murdered, where was the cry against black on black crime from this President? Instead they blame it on guns? Guns are just a symptom. But in Chicago, that boy who shot her, had already been picked up on a gun charge a year earlier (he would have been 16 or 17) and placed on probation? For a gun charge he was placed on probation in the city of Chicago?

Here is Hadiyah's story:
"A teenage girl who attended presidential inauguration activities in Washington earlier this month was shot to death at a Chicago park.Police say 15-year-old Hadiya Pendleton was shot in the back Tuesday and later died at University of Chicago Comer Children's Hospital. An unidentified boy was shot in the leg and is being treated at the hospital. No arrests have been made.

Hadiya was a majorette with the King College Prep High School band, which performed at several inaugural events. CBS Chicago affiliate WBBM-TV reports she was also an honor student and volleyball player.

Police say Hadiya was one of about 12 teens under a canopy at a park to avoid the rain when a man jumped a fence, ran toward the group and opened fire. The man fled the scene in an auto. Police say the gunman was not aiming at the girl."

Instead of making off the cuff remarks about Trayvon and what the boy means to him why not vow to prosecute federal gun crimes in major cities around this country?

The districts that contain Chicago, Los Angeles and New York City ranked last in terms of federal gun law enforcement in 2012, according to a new report from Syracuse University's Transactional Records Access Clearinghouse, which tracks federal data.
http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/washington-w...

It only matters when it makes the news. They throw some money at it and don't address the real issues.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#165747 Jul 30, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>What you give is not an opinion, it is a diatribe. You have no more of a handle on the reasons people do things than anyone. You are convinced you are right and no one can say anything you will give credence to. It reminds me of my daughter when she was much younger. We knew nothing until it was her idea. Growing up is a good thing.
Are bad bob and bobin and Penrider (excuse if misspelled) less "convinced they are right"?

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#165748 Jul 30, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
Pern's rant of the day:
Do we really have to look at crimes as hate crimes for them to be seen as truly evil?
These crimes were committed because of hate. Hatred of life, hatred of anything decent and good.
Why won't Jackson or Sharpton take a stand for all life instead of just black life?
Why did they jump so quickly into the Tawana Brawley and Trayvon's case and yet, not a peep from them regarding any black on white crimes?

They have created race tensions in America in order to pad their pockets.
They are the ones who reap the greatest financial rewards from keeping race relations "hot".
They are whores.

Why is Trayvon's death worthy of so much coverage and not these young people's?
Let's talk white on black crime or better yet...
Black on white.
Where are the hate crime charges?
Where are Sharpton and Jackson?Why did the government try to make Trayvon's a hate crime when it didn't do so with these that follow?
http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/story/22742395/co ...
and this article doesn't even go into the details that the young man's penis was cut off or that the young woman's breasts were also cut off.
http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2013/may/19/horr ...
"A boy approached me and told me he wanted my money, and I told him I didn't have any money. And he said,'Give me your money or I'm going to kill you and I'm going to shoot your baby and kill your baby,' and I said,'I don't have any money,' and 'Don't kill my baby.'"
The boy tried to grab her purse and opened fire when she said tried to tell him she had no money, West said, with the shot grazing her head. She said the boy then shot her in the leg.
West continued, "And then, all of a sudden, he walked over and he shot my baby in the face."
http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/22/us/georgia-baby ...

I am so angry at this race baiting. I am so tired of Sharpton and Jackson and the Black community ignoring the serious issues in their communities which spill out to encompass all of us. It is so much easier for them to race bait than it is for them to begin to fix the monumental problems in their families and culture. Until we all realize that the greatest problems exist within each of us with alcoholism, prescription and illegal drug addiction, no contest divorces, the glorification of sex without commitment, a gangsta culture glorified in rap music and movies, this nation is going to kill itself. Our entire culture is infected and we are living on borrowed time.

When we introduced hate crimes laws we created division in this country. All crimes against persons are hate crimes. No one commits murder without hate, no one steals without a certain amount of love of self that translates to hate of others. Does it matter if the victim is of a certain color or sexual orientation or religious affiliation to be branded as a hate crime?
Rant is now on pause.
I didn't see this until just now. BRAVA, Pernie. I'd love to see this post repeated all over the 'Net.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#165749 Jul 30, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>How silly can you get, lisw?
I'm no more convinced I'm right than Pern or bobin or Chris or Roberta - or you.
Well, of course I'M right. It's the rest of you who are logically challenged.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#165750 Jul 30, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
The thing is Willie, Trayvon could never have been the President's son. Trayvon would have had the finest counselors, the finest schools and tutors, and he would have been surrounded by Secret Service 24-7. Obama's remarks that Trayvon could have been his was silly and did no one any good. What he could say is that he wants to work so that boys like Trayvon have a future, that they have jobs and hopes and dreams. That the thug attitude is a life for losers. That he will help begin programs to mentor young men to get good jobs or start businesses that are based on legal products. Teach them how to be married men and how to care for a family.
Instead he entertains the fools that have sold the thug lie to kids like Trayvon.
He'd rather be cool than be good.
If you don't understand why Obama could say what he said when he said it, if you don't understand why black parents regardless of socioeconomic status took special notice of the case - well, I don't have the skills to explain it to you.

I'll just say this. The first mention of this case in this thread was by a (former) long time poster (DS Higgins) in the thread with impeccable conservative credentials, who said that in spite of his bitter disagreement with Sharpton he had attended a rally about the shooting.

I wonder why that was?

I'm certainly not suggesting that Higgins agreed with Obama's comments. He didn't, and he took exception to Sharpton's comments on the case too. The circumstances of this case turned out to be far muddier than it was originally reported. Frankly, they still are, your insistence that Trayvon was a thug notwithstanding.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#165751 Jul 30, 2013
should have read 'he took exception to Sharpton's later comments on the case'

Colorado

#165752 Jul 30, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>If you don't understand why Obama could say what he said when he said it, if you don't understand why black parents regardless of socioeconomic status took special notice of the case - well, I don't have the skills to explain it to you.
I'll just say this. The first mention of this case in this thread was by a (former) long time poster (DS Higgins) in the thread with impeccable conservative credentials, who said that in spite of his bitter disagreement with Sharpton he had attended a rally about the shooting.
I wonder why that was?
I'm certainly not suggesting that Higgins agreed with Obama's comments. He didn't, and he took exception to Sharpton's comments on the case too. The circumstances of this case turned out to be far muddier than it was originally reported. Frankly, they still are, your insistence that Trayvon was a thug notwithstanding.
Do you do this because your annoying or because you are taking medication?

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#165753 Jul 30, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Are bad bob and bobin and Penrider (excuse if misspelled) less "convinced they are right"?
Apparently the difference between diatribe and expressing an opinion is how much lisw agrees with you.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#165754 Jul 30, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you do this because your annoying or because you are taking medication?
Do what, Pern - reply to posts you make to me?
lisw

Hamersville, OH

#165755 Jul 30, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Apparently the difference between diatribe and expressing an opinion is how much lisw agrees with you.
I'd like to help you see how pompous and ridiculous you are but I can't. As you see I haven't been expressing an opinion on the Zimmerman case except to say it was decided in a court of law. Like it or not it is what we need to accept. You on the other hand think you need to 'teach" everyone something and I personally don't think you know anymore than Pern or Bad Bob or Bobin. If you think that's a slam well like I said I can't help you.

United States

#165756 Jul 30, 2013
The machiavelian threefold game of the neoconservatives
by Laurent Guyénot

keyword(s)
Machiavelli
neoconservatives
Zionism
Israel
'
To spread their war agenda, neoconservatives could rely of Rupert Murdoch’s powerful News Corporation, which owned 175 written publications selling more than 40 millions newspapers each week, and 35 TV channels reaching 110 million viewers on four continents. En 2003, all of them were in favor of the war against Iraq. Murdoch is a friend of Ariel Sharon and a loyal supporter of the Likud party. He is also close to Tony Blair, who is the godfather of one of his children.

United States

#165757 Jul 30, 2013
The machiavelian threefold game of the neoconservatives
by Laurent Guyénot

Iran counts the largest Jewish population in the Middle East after Israel. Despite generous offers from Israel, most of these 30,000 Iranian Jews refused to emigrate and remain loyal to their country.

United States

#165758 Jul 30, 2013
@pernrid this counter you post

David Ben Gurion, Israeli Prime Minister and Defense Minister

'Why should the Arabs make peace? If I were an Arab leader I would never make terms with Israel. That is natural:[…] we have come here and stolen their country. Why should they accept that? They may perhaps forget in one or two generations’ time, but for the moment there is no chance. So, it’s simple: we have to stay strong and maintain a powerful army. Our whole policy is there. Otherwise the Arabs will wipe us out.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#165759 Jul 30, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>I'd like to help you see how pompous and ridiculous you are but I can't. As you see I haven't been expressing an opinion on the Zimmerman case except to say it was decided in a court of law. Like it or not it is what we need to accept. You on the other hand think you need to 'teach" everyone something and I personally don't think you know anymore than Pern or Bad Bob or Bobin. If you think that's a slam well like I said I can't help you.
Other than the fact that apparently my style bugs you (or reminds you of someone you had a bad experience with), how exactly am I trying to 'teach' any more than Pern?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Redeemed Jersey P... 996,586
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 6 min FUmonitors 88,656
"Doctor REALITY" is FOS 48 min chick fill a 12
WARNING To GOP Republicans 51 min Bernie fan 1
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 57 min Big Al 223,085
New girl reminds me too much of ex gf 1 hr Jimbo 2
I'm sick of being single and having no one to l... 1 hr Kimbo 10
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr URineIdiot 703,880