Clearwater

Covington, GA

#165660 Jul 29, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
Just by getting involved in it. He brings a laser like focus to a local case and brings it into national focus. Thereby creating a national reaction instead of a local one when the verdict comes down.
And once again ABC news is guilty of editing to further their agenda.
From Slate.com : "ABC News hasn’t posted a full unedited video or transcript of the interview. The video that has been broadcast—on World News Tonight, Nightline, and Good Morning America—has been cut and spliced in different ways, often so artfully that the transitions appear continuous. So beware what you’re seeing. But the video that’s available already shows, on closer inspection, that Maddy has been manipulated and misrepresented."
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politi...
Yep. You would think by now the media might back down but I guess not. Sad many so called reporters have no problem being shills and don't know or care they should be keeping the government in check. Too busy not only being a dnc mouthpiece but keep getting caught doing this. And the people on the left here? They say nothing.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater and Honolulu

#165661 Jul 29, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>You dare not stray too far from your script, do you?
Got anything else? So now three people have told you Obama at best made a bad situation worse. I get it, you don't agree. Got anything else?

“On a sailing ship to nowhere”

Since: Jun 07

Colorado

#165662 Jul 29, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears--
Since most of us here really are friends, I'm letting you know that my husband lost his job today. We AND his employer ctually knew it was coming, since he was diagnosed with Type II diabetes several years ago and like most Type IIs it was only a matter of time before he'd have to go on insulin.
As of today, he's starting on insulin. Since no trucking company can insure an INSULIN-DEPENDENT truck driver, he is now unemployed. I am not bitter toward his employer and I don't think he is, either, because as I said, we knew it was coming.
We do have a couple of options. His employer has already completed the appropriate paperwork to allow him to apply for Social Security and/or Workman's Compensation, and there is still a possibility he'll be able to find a job locally. Nevertheless, obviously the next few weeks are going to be difficult, so please keep us in your thoughts and prayers.
Thanks.
Roberta, I don't know if your hubby is a heavy man (I know that many diabetics are thin as a rail) but bariatric surgery cures type 2 diabetics almost instantly. Just an FYI and no need to reply due to this being a personal, private, and sensitive nature.

I will pray that the best choices for you and your hubby are made during this time. I am so sorry to hear of this change coming to you both.

Colorado

#165663 Jul 29, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears--
Since most of us here really are friends, I'm letting you know that my husband lost his job today. We AND his employer ctually knew it was coming, since he was diagnosed with Type II diabetes several years ago and like most Type IIs it was only a matter of time before he'd have to go on insulin.
As of today, he's starting on insulin. Since no trucking company can insure an INSULIN-DEPENDENT truck driver, he is now unemployed. I am not bitter toward his employer and I don't think he is, either, because as I said, we knew it was coming.
We do have a couple of options. His employer has already completed the appropriate paperwork to allow him to apply for Social Security and/or Workman's Compensation, and there is still a possibility he'll be able to find a job locally. Nevertheless, obviously the next few weeks are going to be difficult, so please keep us in your thoughts and prayers.
Thanks.
Here's a link regarding that:
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/05/...

“2016 No Clinton No Bush!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#165664 Jul 29, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Got anything else? So now three people have told you Obama at best made a bad situation worse. I get it, you don't agree. Got anything else?
I'm sorry, but if you don't understand why I made that post to bobin, you didn't read HIS post.

Then again ... maybe you did. You've got different standards for people you agree with and people you don't, as you showed the other day when you were all over me for responding to a cheap stereotype trotted out by somebody else.

I do not think the "if I had a son" remarks made by the President can be construed as interfering in a local criminal matter. The case had already become a national story by the time the President made them, and he spoke of nothing more than wanting to ensure there was a thorough investigation.

Did the President's comments add to the national prominence of the story? Probably - but so what?

The rest of the rubbish bobin included in his pitch is not worth commenting on.

Nobody's shown anything that comes REMOTELY close to proving that Obama bears anything like responsibility for the azzhat who yelled Trayvon's name during an assault.

That's just wishful thinking, Chris.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#165665 Jul 29, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>My condolences on the loss of your husband's job. While I'm sure it will be a big transition, I'm sure you and he will adapt, improvise, and overcome. As you know, I don't pray, but I'm sending all positive thoughts toward a felicitous outcome.
Best wishes to you both.
:)
Positive thoughts are very welcome :) Thanks.

Location hidden

#165666 Jul 29, 2013
Willie and Chris--thank you both :)

Pernie, I'll get back to you shortly. By the way, you wouldn't have a spare $20 grand lying around the house, would you?

Colorado

#165667 Jul 29, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
Pernie, I'll get back to you shortly. By the way, you wouldn't have a spare $20 grand lying around the house, would you?
20 grand what? 20 grand pianos? 20 grand looking gentlemen? 20 grand kids? There is a far better chance of me having any of those things lying around than $20,000 in cash; unfortunately for us both!

Location hidden

#165668 Jul 29, 2013
Pernie--I've just sent you a PM :)
Lost In Transition

United States

#165669 Jul 29, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
Roberta, I don't know if your hubby is a heavy man (I know that many diabetics are thin as a rail) but bariatric surgery cures type 2 diabetics almost instantly. Just an FYI and no need to reply due to this being a personal, private, and sensitive nature.
I will pray that the best choices for you and your hubby are made during this time. I am so sorry to hear of this change coming to you both.
Statins, handed out like candy, have also been tied to diabetes. That crap has been the biggest con ever pulled off by big pharma, and they've pulled off many.
Lost In Transition

United States

#165670 Jul 29, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sorry, but if you don't understand why I made that post to bobin, you didn't read HIS post.
Then again ... maybe you did. You've got different standards for people you agree with and people you don't, as you showed the other day when you were all over me for responding to a cheap stereotype trotted out by somebody else.
I do not think the "if I had a son" remarks made by the President can be construed as interfering in a local criminal matter. The case had already become a national story by the time the President made them, and he spoke of nothing more than wanting to ensure there was a thorough investigation.
Did the President's comments add to the national prominence of the story? Probably - but so what?
The rest of the rubbish bobin included in his pitch is not worth commenting on.
Nobody's shown anything that comes REMOTELY close to proving that Obama bears anything like responsibility for the azzhat who yelled Trayvon's name during an assault.
That's just wishful thinking, Chris.
I think obama owes Zimmerman a beer summit.
Lost In Transition

United States

#165671 Jul 29, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
I've got, like,$8 or $10 worth of change in my trucks ash tray. It's all yours, if you can get past the schnauzer guarding it.
Roberta G

United States

#165672 Jul 29, 2013
Lost In Transition wrote:
<quoted text>I've got, like,$8 or $10 worth of change in my trucks ash tray. It's all yours, if you can get past the schnauzer guarding it.
Listen, LIT, between $10 and a Schnauzer, I'd rather have the Schnauzer :)

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#165673 Jul 30, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>You dare not stray too far from your script, do you?
Where obama is concerned, you dare not learn the truth, do you?

Location hidden

#165674 Jul 30, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Willie's "obama blinders" TM work very well... and he's the proof. We all described, in detail, how barry was directly responsible for negatively amplifying the problem, and he still pretends not to understand.
RedHorseRevelati on

AOL

#165676 Jul 30, 2013

Bible PROOF 1.5 BIL MUSLIMS to die --

http://youtu.be/n7ok0g8iwJI

“2016 No Clinton No Bush!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#165677 Jul 30, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Where obama is concerned, you dare not learn the truth, do you?
Your posts frequently remind me why I use the DVR to watch shows on certain networks, because they are prone to repeating the same lame commercials 4 or more times over the course of an hour. Some of those commercials were mildly amusing the first time you see 'em, but it goes downhill fast.

Here's a hint - my reference to the script had nothing to do with the opinions expressed about Obama et al.

Colorado

#165679 Jul 30, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a hint - my reference to the script had nothing to do with the opinions expressed about Obama et al.
Willie, I am not positive where you are going with this but I know what bugs me. It is a universal problem. Very few people have the time or take the time to dig deeper into the news of the day or the history of the past. We are guilty of arguing from soundbites and surface articles. America and the world have gotten lazy when it comes to taking in information and being able to absorb it for nuances. We no longer ask ourselves "what did this author leave out and why" or "What is the purpose of this story coming out now". It is a dying art and even when more of us did it, it was not common. Group think and group speak have become the norm. All the news talking heads regurgitate each other's talking points. You hear the same catch words and phrases from the President, his advisers, and the talking heads on a daily basis. Turn to Fox news and conservative radio and you get the same thing from the Right. The polarization of today seems to mean that we must be in lockstep either on the Left or the Right. No room for individual variations or fine tuning of beliefs. So, in taking a guess at your script remark, this is the stab I have made. I hope I have not slashed too blindly.

Location hidden

#165680 Jul 30, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Your posts frequently remind me why I use the DVR to watch shows on certain networks, because they are prone to repeating the same lame commercials 4 or more times over the course of an hour. Some of those commercials were mildly amusing the first time you see 'em, but it goes downhill fast.
You and obama have so much in common. You both ignore facts that are evident to almost everyone else. You both refuse to accept the obvious, and continue to deny what is so easily apparent to everyone else seeing those same facts.

the obama administration has done little to improve race relations in the USA, but they've done a lot to worsen them.

The administration's position in opposition to a Hispanic citizen, both before and after the trial, and who was found "not guilty" based on factual evidence, was just one more example of why race relations are deteriorating, and racial tensions are increasing... in some cases leading to violence.

A walk down "Memory Lane"...

"I don't know all the facts" "the Cambridge Police acted stupidly"

You sir, are guilty of the crime of "willful ignorance".

uidiotRaceMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#165681 Jul 30, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
Willie, I am not positive where you are going with this but I know what bugs me. It is a universal problem. Very few people have the time or take the time to dig deeper into the news of the day or the history of the past. We are guilty of arguing from soundbites and surface articles. America and the world have gotten lazy when it comes to taking in information and being able to absorb it for nuances. We no longer ask ourselves "what did this author leave out and why" or "What is the purpose of this story coming out now". It is a dying art and even when more of us did it, it was not common. Group think and group speak have become the norm. All the news talking heads regurgitate each other's talking points. You hear the same catch words and phrases from the President, his advisers, and the talking heads on a daily basis. Turn to Fox news and conservative radio and you get the same thing from the Right. The polarization of today seems to mean that we must be in lockstep either on the Left or the Right. No room for individual variations or fine tuning of beliefs. So, in taking a guess at your script remark, this is the stab I have made. I hope I have not slashed too blindly.
When did you wakeup from zombie slumber sleep?

Good for you, i wonder how long you go back to your deprecating mode of being a Sheeeeople. You awake partially but it start and i wonder how many on here follow suite . Kudos to you pernrider.:)

Left = right and right = left Your awake yet?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Aura Mytha 793,705
What If People Made Fun Of Your God 6 min Just Me 15
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 10 min Rick in Kansas 267,290
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 11 min Anthony MN 567,375
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 13 min lil whispers 607,065
why are mexican men are small and ugly??? (May '07) 20 min obama is the man 173
Compensation for toll-free termination to the US48 (Aug '13) 22 min sandcreek 2
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr bacon hater 97,424
More from around the web