Bush is a hero

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#165674 Jul 30, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Got anything else? So now three people have told you Obama at best made a bad situation worse. I get it, you don't agree. Got anything else?
Willie's "obama blinders" TM work very well... and he's the proof. We all described, in detail, how barry was directly responsible for negatively amplifying the problem, and he still pretends not to understand.
RedHorseRevelati on

AOL

#165676 Jul 30, 2013

Bible PROOF 1.5 BIL MUSLIMS to die --

http://youtu.be/n7ok0g8iwJI

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#165677 Jul 30, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Where obama is concerned, you dare not learn the truth, do you?
Your posts frequently remind me why I use the DVR to watch shows on certain networks, because they are prone to repeating the same lame commercials 4 or more times over the course of an hour. Some of those commercials were mildly amusing the first time you see 'em, but it goes downhill fast.

Here's a hint - my reference to the script had nothing to do with the opinions expressed about Obama et al.

“On a sailing ship to nowhere”

Since: Jun 07

Colorado

#165679 Jul 30, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a hint - my reference to the script had nothing to do with the opinions expressed about Obama et al.
Willie, I am not positive where you are going with this but I know what bugs me. It is a universal problem. Very few people have the time or take the time to dig deeper into the news of the day or the history of the past. We are guilty of arguing from soundbites and surface articles. America and the world have gotten lazy when it comes to taking in information and being able to absorb it for nuances. We no longer ask ourselves "what did this author leave out and why" or "What is the purpose of this story coming out now". It is a dying art and even when more of us did it, it was not common. Group think and group speak have become the norm. All the news talking heads regurgitate each other's talking points. You hear the same catch words and phrases from the President, his advisers, and the talking heads on a daily basis. Turn to Fox news and conservative radio and you get the same thing from the Right. The polarization of today seems to mean that we must be in lockstep either on the Left or the Right. No room for individual variations or fine tuning of beliefs. So, in taking a guess at your script remark, this is the stab I have made. I hope I have not slashed too blindly.

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#165680 Jul 30, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Your posts frequently remind me why I use the DVR to watch shows on certain networks, because they are prone to repeating the same lame commercials 4 or more times over the course of an hour. Some of those commercials were mildly amusing the first time you see 'em, but it goes downhill fast.
You and obama have so much in common. You both ignore facts that are evident to almost everyone else. You both refuse to accept the obvious, and continue to deny what is so easily apparent to everyone else seeing those same facts.

the obama administration has done little to improve race relations in the USA, but they've done a lot to worsen them.

The administration's position in opposition to a Hispanic citizen, both before and after the trial, and who was found "not guilty" based on factual evidence, was just one more example of why race relations are deteriorating, and racial tensions are increasing... in some cases leading to violence.

A walk down "Memory Lane"...

"I don't know all the facts" "the Cambridge Police acted stupidly"

You sir, are guilty of the crime of "willful ignorance".

uidiotRaceMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#165681 Jul 30, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
Willie, I am not positive where you are going with this but I know what bugs me. It is a universal problem. Very few people have the time or take the time to dig deeper into the news of the day or the history of the past. We are guilty of arguing from soundbites and surface articles. America and the world have gotten lazy when it comes to taking in information and being able to absorb it for nuances. We no longer ask ourselves "what did this author leave out and why" or "What is the purpose of this story coming out now". It is a dying art and even when more of us did it, it was not common. Group think and group speak have become the norm. All the news talking heads regurgitate each other's talking points. You hear the same catch words and phrases from the President, his advisers, and the talking heads on a daily basis. Turn to Fox news and conservative radio and you get the same thing from the Right. The polarization of today seems to mean that we must be in lockstep either on the Left or the Right. No room for individual variations or fine tuning of beliefs. So, in taking a guess at your script remark, this is the stab I have made. I hope I have not slashed too blindly.
When did you wakeup from zombie slumber sleep?

Good for you, i wonder how long you go back to your deprecating mode of being a Sheeeeople. You awake partially but it start and i wonder how many on here follow suite . Kudos to you pernrider.:)

Left = right and right = left Your awake yet?

United States

#165682 Jul 30, 2013
RedHorseRevelation wrote:
Bible PROOF 1.5 BIL MUSLIMS to die --
http://youtu.be/n7ok0g8iwJI
Not a muslim! Bit i would say you have a sickness called fear mongering... you are evil, you trying to Incite nations and races to war ==== Y0u Evangelicals/fundies nutcases make me sick! Take you BS and dump it in the ocean you Evil meathead

United States

#165683 Jul 30, 2013
ADD!~ How is you War-for-profiteering /war investing /war manufacturing ... beneficial to humanity, you war mongering Animals! You xtain envangelicals/fundies are evil bunch, and do take you war machines and dump it in the ocean Redhorse jughead!

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#165684 Jul 30, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with everything you've posted here, but I've got to warn you.

You could get in real trouble from some posters for suggesting that the right can be as guilty of group think as the left.

I'm just sayin'...

While I'm at it, there was a lot of your post the other day about the lack of attention paid by some political leaders on the left to the problems of the black community that I also agreed with (although there was some I didn't agree with too).

My point with the script remark was far simpler ... I don't see a difference between 'Obama blinders' repeated ad nauseum and a certain spammer's repeated references to neo-con war mongers.

As far as information goes, one thing you have to keep in mind on subjects like politics - different people can look at ALL the information and come to different conclusions. Other people claim to be better informed (back to the aforementioned spammer and his incessant cut and pastes), but when you look at where they are getting their information it turns out the overwhelming majority of it is from some of those sources in lockstep.

United States

#165685 Jul 30, 2013
"Yet she became more and more promiscuous as she recalled the days of her youth, when she was a prostitute in Egypt. There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses." - Ezekiel 23:19-20

BWHAHHHHAAAA

United States

#165686 Jul 30, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>I agree with everything you've posted here, but I've got to warn you.
You could get in real trouble from some posters for suggesting that the right can be as guilty of group think as the left.
I'm just sayin'...
While I'm at it, there was a lot of your post the other day about the lack of attention paid by some political leaders on the left to the problems of the black community that I also agreed with (although there was some I didn't agree with too).
My point with the script remark was far simpler ... I don't see a difference between 'Obama blinders' repeated ad nauseum and a certain spammer's repeated references to neo-con war mongers.
As far as information goes, one thing you have to keep in mind on subjects like politics - different people can look at ALL the information and come to different conclusions. Other people claim to be better informed (back to the aforementioned spammer and his incessant cut and pastes), but when you look at where they are getting their information it turns out the overwhelming majority of it is from some of those sources in lockstep.
There is alot love in there somewhere for me? Aye?
lisw

Hamersville, OH

#165687 Jul 30, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
You and obama have so much in common. You both ignore facts that are evident to almost everyone else. You both refuse to accept the obvious, and continue to deny what is so easily apparent to everyone else seeing those same facts.
the obama administration has done little to improve race relations in the USA, but they've done a lot to worsen them.
The administration's position in opposition to a Hispanic citizen, both before and after the trial, and who was found "not guilty" based on factual evidence, was just one more example of why race relations are deteriorating, and racial tensions are increasing... in some cases leading to violence.
A walk down "Memory Lane"...
"I don't know all the facts" "the Cambridge Police acted stupidly"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =LucTPdK8VTcXX
You sir, are guilty of the crime of "willful ignorance".
Obama was all wrong about making statements about the Zimmerman case. But here is what I think happens Bobbin. You focus on that and it is easy for Willie to say in effect "man you're dumb" The really important stuff gets covered over. have you noticed in his speeches about the economy he is playing the person kept in the dark? He says "oh my God look what is happening" as if someone else made it happen not his foolish ideas for the last five years. The rich are richer the poor are poorer and the middle class is becoming poor and it's his fault.
He has lied about Benghazi and now says it's a phony scandal and the people who support him go "Uh-huh, uh-huh" Talk about the dumbing down of America.

United States

#165688 Jul 30, 2013
ADD!like i said Left = Right and Right = Left! Political Chicanery it is, most you blinded. Those in power did quite a number on most of you. Time to wake up boys and girls smell the rut...! BWHHAHAHAHAA
lisw

Hamersville, OH

#165689 Jul 30, 2013
Obama and his administration are not dumb but they act dumb. They showed with documents turned over in the investigation of the IRS that most pages were blacked out. They look stupid and reporters and viewers alike are saying who is going to buy that. Well the courts will buy that. I know as someone who had to turn over documents at times about the client the art of blacking out. It is to protect the privacy of people who are not involved or issues that are not related. I'm pretty sure that the blacked out pages contain evidence they are crooks but no court will deny their right to black it out. So much depends on the integrity of the people supplying the information. I don't think they have integrity but you'd have a hard time proving that.

United States

#165690 Jul 30, 2013
lisw wrote:
Obama and his administration are not dumb but they act dumb. They showed with documents turned over in the investigation of the IRS that most pages were blacked out. They look stupid and reporters and viewers alike are saying who is going to buy that. Well the courts will buy that. I know as someone who had to turn over documents at times about the client the art of blacking out. It is to protect the privacy of people who are not involved or issues that are not related. I'm pretty sure that the blacked out pages contain evidence they are crooks but no court will deny their right to black it out. So much depends on the integrity of the people supplying the information. I don't think they have integrity but you'd have a hard time proving that.
Not only this admin , those in power in govt had been fooling most you since the inception of US militaristic imperialistic Empire! DUH! Wake up time all! did you wake up yet?

United States

#165691 Jul 30, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>I agree with everything you've posted here, but I've got to warn you.
I'm just sayin'...
Sources are from left and right! Like i said Left = Right and Right = Left , if you can't fathom the political Chicanery, then u are Bababababaa baaaaa AssSheeeeeoooople! WBHAHHAAHHAAA

United States

#165692 Jul 30, 2013
ADD! The Imperial directive fooled you most you! And yet you still are Slummmbering sleeeping walking zombies! go back to sleep you! BAHAHAHAHAAA

Colorado

#165693 Jul 30, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
I'm just sayin'...
I think the danger of posting on topix day in and day out is that we can get tired and frustrated with the constant arguing and cease to argue our points of difference clearly. It is easy to slip into zingers and try to find those chinks to sink our wordy daggers in. I am as guilty as anybody of this.
When it comes to Obama and his culpability regarding some of the national problems he created by weighing in on the case, sometimes it is not what you say (although he said too much) it can also be what you don't say. Why did he not comment on anything that the New Black Panthers were up to? When he came to the lectern and talked about Trayvon being his son, or being him, he could have gone on to criticize Jackson, Sharpton and the New Black Panthers and their reward offered for Zimmerman or their racial divisiveness in an already tense situation. He did nothing but identify with Trayvon and never tried to calm the anger that was being fomented in the nation's black community by those panderers and media whores. He was a community organizer and is well aware of how to create a movement and I believe he either dropped the ball or intentionally gave it a push down the mountain.
He clearly identified himself as black in this situation and divorced himself from the idea that he is the President of all the people, of Trayvon and George Zimmerman.He should have reminded us that we are a nation of laws. He should have reinforced the which makes us great, that we are innocent until PROVEN GUILTY and in a murder trial it is to the point of beyond reasonable doubt. That dictum sets this country apart and contributes to its greatness.
The President is a biracial young man from a privileged background. He has been around the social elite much of his life. Him identifying with Trayvon or the black struggle is ridiculous. Half of him is white and the other half is African. Most of his idea of being black in America came from his white mother, his white grandparents, and collegiate propaganda.

I find his identification with Trayvon rather weird because his time in office has continued the decimation of young black men and the black family in America. Black teens are killing each other at an alarming rate and their violence is spilling out into other communities. Black unemployment is continuing to grow and is extremely high among young black men. Why won't he address these far reaching problems in his desire to identify with the black community? Why does he do the easy thing and pontificate on race in the Zimmerman/Martin case or in the Gates/Crowley fiasco?

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#165694 Jul 30, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Obama was all wrong about making statements about the Zimmerman case. But here is what I think happens Bobbin. You focus on that and it is easy for Willie to say in effect "man you're dumb" The really important stuff gets covered over. have you noticed in his speeches about the economy he is playing the person kept in the dark? He says "oh my God look what is happening" as if someone else made it happen not his foolish ideas for the last five years. The rich are richer the poor are poorer and the middle class is becoming poor and it's his fault.
He has lied about Benghazi and now says it's a phony scandal and the people who support him go "Uh-huh, uh-huh" Talk about the dumbing down of America.
First of all, haven't said bobin was dumb, not directly and not in effect.

Second of all, what part of "here's a hint - my reference to the script had nothing to do with the opinions expressed about Obama et al." do you not understand

Colorado

#165695 Jul 30, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>...
As far as information goes, one thing you have to keep in mind on subjects like politics - different people can look at ALL the information and come to different conclusions.
I totally agree. I think I mentioned something about our world views forming the basis of that some months ago. Where we were raised, our family/parenting style, educational background, income levels, belief/faith system all are part of shaping our world view. Our world view is what we use to sieve the information that is constantly coming at us.
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>
Other people claim to be better informed (back to the aforementioned spammer and his incessant cut and pastes), but when you look at where they are getting their information it turns out the overwhelming majority of it is from some of those sources in lockstep.
Which is why sharing and debating information with people of differing worldviews through debate is so important.

I don't agree with you in the main but I know we share a fair amount of common ground. I do have respect for you most of the time because I know you are well read and you have a good grasp of modern facts and lay them on your knowledge of history. I imagine that some of the reasons we can look at the same facts and come to different conclusions are: age differences, educational differences, religious differences, regional differences, economic differences, gender differences, and I am sure plenty of others that skip me at this moment.
I have the great pleasure to work with lots of men in their 60s who think differently than me. They have had their careers and now work as school bus drivers to stay out of their wives hair and keep busy. We get along quite well but we always razz each other over politics. The one we call "The Professor" has a Ph.D. in history and taught history in Conn. for years. He is the king of our liberal contingency. Another man I work with was at Kent State during the Kent State Massacre and a friend of his was killed there. He is our resident government conspiracy theorist. Those of us from California tend to be conservative, those from New England, Wisconsin, and Minnesota tend to be liberal, evangelical Christians tend to be conservative no matter where they are from but that is changing with the younger generation. Catholics can go either liberal or conservative. The men who fought in Vietnam tend to be conservative. The divorced single women, en masse,tend to be liberal unless they are evangelical.

I don't see Bobintexas as a spammer. I see him as frustrated because he feels that he has given it his best shot and you can't/won't hear him and now you are both taking pot shots at each other. You are both smart men who see things differently and are currently under each other's skin. You both have a lot to add to the dialogue. I learn a lot from you both.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Bongo 100,170
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 39 min RiversideRedneck 980,115
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Liamm 670,273
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Pegasus 286,455
News The 'Fake News' Con: A Case Study 3 hr coco 57
Ring Payments 4 hr annaleighanne 1
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 12 hr Peter Ross 445,651
More from around the web