Bush is a hero

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#165445 Jul 24, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
Having a bad night eh? I am sorry you feel cranky.
Personally, the only reason I began to care about this case was because the news media got caught editing and interpreting the phone calls made by Zimmerman. I am quite sure that had they known more about Zimmerman than his last name (they assumed he was white and German neo nazi) this story would never have hit the papers much less hours of tv news time. Had they known he was of Latin ethnicity, had they known he was a Democrat, had they known that he has volunteered countless hours with African American inner city kids, that his business partner is an African American, that he has family members who are African American, that his prom date was African American, they would have kept their distance.
Because this administration was so lathered up to make this about race in America they got ahead of their story and crapped all over themselves.
So, when they decided to use this as a political narrative I got pissed off and began to pay attention because this is all about smoke and mirrors and I am telling you to watch the man behind the curtain.
I don't think I'm the one dancing to the tune of one of the many people behind the many curtains, Pern.

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#165446 Jul 24, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
Poor Kippy, he just can't seem to get anything right. BTW, what are all those large green things to the right of all those flowers?

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#165447 Jul 24, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
A Neighborhood Watch Captain patroling his neighborhood is not illegal.
A citizen walking in his own neighborhood is not illegal.
Carrying a firearm with a valid CCL is not illegal.
Defending yourself from a vicious assault is not against the law.
Where's your case?
I think Zimmerman provoked any assault (assuming there was one), which clouds the issue of the legality of his 'defending himself'. That's why I don't think it warranted 2nd degree murder.

Location hidden

#165448 Jul 24, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>I think Zimmerman provoked any assault (assuming there was one), which clouds the issue of the legality of his 'defending himself'. That's why I don't think it warranted 2nd degree murder.
Zimmerman had lost track of Trayvon for four minutes, and was on his way back to his truck.
Trayvon was less than a minute from his father's house, but chose to wait to ambush Zimmerman rather than go home.
Zimmerman called 9-1-1 about a suspicious character.
Trayvon chose to call Rachael rather than 9-1-1 about some "crazy ass cracka".
Travon had a bruised hand and a bullet hole in his chest.
Zimmerman had a bloodied and broken nose, and lacerations on the back of his head.
An eye witness saw Trayvon on top of Zimmerman.
Zimmerman did not pull his weapon until he was being beaten viciously.

Where's your case?

“On a sailing ship to nowhere”

Since: Jun 07

Colorado

#165449 Jul 24, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Zimmerman had lost track of Trayvon for four minutes, and was on his way back to his truck.
Trayvon was less than a minute from his father's house, but chose to wait to ambush Zimmerman rather than go home.
Zimmerman had a bloodied and broken nose, and lacerations on the back of his head.
Where's your case?
While Ms. Jeantel was on the phone telling Trayvon he was being chased by a gay rapist. The kid gets riled up and wants to prove his manliness by beating a gay troll and the fire was fanned to inferno.

Location hidden

#165450 Jul 24, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
While Ms. Jeantel was on the phone telling Trayvon he was being chased by a gay rapist. The kid gets riled up and wants to prove his manliness by beating a gay troll and the fire was fanned to inferno.
I chose not to bring that up with Willie because it wasn't included in the trial evidence. We only learned of that tidbit when Piers Morgan interviewed Rachel Jeantel after the trial.

I'm trying to show Willie that his imaginary case, like that of the prosecution, is based solely on emotion and conjecture, and not on solid, provable evidence.

“Take It To The Limit”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#165451 Jul 25, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor Kippy, he just can't seem to get anything right. BTW, what are all those large green things to the right of all those flowers?
OK, you guys have had your fun. I said earlier that I was done with this, but you persist.
All the info I posted was taken off news broadcasts pre-trial. The reporter did show the neighborhood where the killing happened, and the anchor asked where the bushes were. Another report stated that zim didn't identify himself even though he had multiple chances to do so, and was a requirement of 'neighborhood watch' patrolmen. They said it, and I repeated it here. I lost interest in the trial when they Voir Dired the weapons expert. He went on and on about his credentials. Not his fault. The lawyer kept asking the same questions, and the expert answered them in a dozen different ways, saying the same thing over and over.
When the 'star witness' came on, I knew the outcome was going to go one way. Their prep of said witness was shoddy and so unfocused that most didn't know what she was saying.
I did misconstrue what the expert said. He said that they 'discourage patrolmen from carrying', and I said it was against policy, which in laymens terms is against the law. My bad.
So, much of what was said, or conjectured by the media was disposed of by zim's lawywers.
What apalls me is the Absolute Glee the two of you are displaying at the man getting away with killing that boy. Demonize the child and lionize the man. That must be a part of your 'christian values' because I don't get it.
I won't pull a 'barry' and say 'If I had a son,...' because I do have a son, two in fact. My youngest will be seventeen in september, and I know what it feels like to have a loved one attacked by an idiot grown up. The law took that grown up's side then, too.
A boy is dead, and you two couldn't be happier about it.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#165452 Jul 25, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Where's your case?
I told you what I think happened, and I'm not interested in conducting a mock trial.

I'll tell you one more time - I don't buy your Zimmerman as victim scenario any more than I buy your opposite's attempt to canonize Martin into a saint.

The net result of this clusterfuk is there's a dead kid - and I don't give a fine flying fart if he listened to rap, called some stalker-dude a cracker, demonstrated the maturity of a kid on social media, or whatever other dirt you can throw at him.

One of the biggest reasons I consider you an anti-Sharpton is the way you deal with any disagreement with your pitch. Disagreement with the Sharptons of the world, no matter to what degree, gets you called a racist. Disagreement with the anti-Sharptons means you are a tool, you're an idiot, you're ignorant, you're deluded by the man behind the curtain.

A plague on both your houses ... that's my opinion.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#165453 Jul 25, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
Having a bad night eh? I am sorry you feel cranky.
Personally, the only reason I began to care about this case was because the news media got caught editing and interpreting the phone calls made by Zimmerman. I am quite sure that had they known more about Zimmerman than his last name (they assumed he was white and German neo nazi) this story would never have hit the papers much less hours of tv news time. Had they known he was of Latin ethnicity, had they known he was a Democrat, had they known that he has volunteered countless hours with African American inner city kids, that his business partner is an African American, that he has family members who are African American, that his prom date was African American, they would have kept their distance.
Because this administration was so lathered up to make this about race in America they got ahead of their story and crapped all over themselves.
So, when they decided to use this as a political narrative I got pissed off and began to pay attention because this is all about smoke and mirrors and I am telling you to watch the man behind the curtain.
Good call, IMO. Given the number of teens who die violently in this country, the Trayvon Martin case is a drop in the bucket. The media could have picked any teen killing in the country to splash around in, but they picked this one....and I think you're exactly right, about the supposed ethnicity of Zimmerman's surname, being the reason why.

My feeling is that President Obama kick-started this race-frenzied red herring of a media event, when he compared himself to the victim in this case. No President should ever play the victim - ever. And this one has led by example, all the folks in this country who prefer to play the victim, than to take proactive steps toward being victors instead.

Location hidden

#165454 Jul 25, 2013
Rudyard Kiplingesque wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, you guys have had your fun. I said earlier that I was done with this, but you persist.
All the info I posted was taken off news broadcasts pre-trial. The reporter did show the neighborhood where the killing happened, and the anchor asked where the bushes were. Another report stated that zim didn't identify himself even though he had multiple chances to do so, and was a requirement of 'neighborhood watch' patrolmen. They said it, and I repeated it here. I lost interest in the trial when they Voir Dired the weapons expert. He went on and on about his credentials. Not his fault. The lawyer kept asking the same questions, and the expert answered them in a dozen different ways, saying the same thing over and over.
When the 'star witness' came on, I knew the outcome was going to go one way. Their prep of said witness was shoddy and so unfocused that most didn't know what she was saying.
I did misconstrue what the expert said. He said that they 'discourage patrolmen from carrying', and I said it was against policy, which in laymens terms is against the law. My bad.
So, much of what was said, or conjectured by the media was disposed of by zim's lawywers.
What apalls me is the Absolute Glee the two of you are displaying at the man getting away with killing that boy. Demonize the child and lionize the man. That must be a part of your 'christian values' because I don't get it.
I won't pull a 'barry' and say 'If I had a son,...' because I do have a son, two in fact. My youngest will be seventeen in september, and I know what it feels like to have a loved one attacked by an idiot grown up. The law took that grown up's side then, too.
A boy is dead, and you two couldn't be happier about it.
You need to find a new news source, yours is obviously flawed. Mer, I got my information from watching the trial, as did the jurors.

You didn't look very closely at the pictures that Pern posted. I can see bushes on both sides of the memorial where Trayvon died, if you didn't, you didn't look. I don't know which ones Trayvon sprung out of, because I don't know which direction Zimmerman was walking in to go back to his truck... I'm guessing it was the bushes on the left, as Mr. Zimmerman said Trayvon came from the left and behind. If you look at an aerial of the community, you'll see that there are bushes, and trees, everywhere, like just about every Florida community has.

Here's a little more information for you to ponder, that came out in the investigation and trial.

Zimmerman made it perfectly clear that his reasons for calling the police about Martin had at least as much to do with what Martin was actually doing as with Martin matching the profile of those committing previous break-ins in the neighborhood.

Besides noting that Martin appeared to be “up to no good” and “on drugs or something,” and giving the police dispatcher basic information about Martin’s sketchy behavior, Zimmerman later described repeatedly and in detail how Martin was loitering around the area and looking intently at the houses, especially at one house which had already been the site of a prior attempted break-in.

When Zimmerman first observed Martin, the teenager was actually in the grassy yard in front of that house, instead of on the nearby sidewalk–it was raining, and it seemed especially suspicious to Zimmerman that instead of making his way along the sidewalk as if he had a destination to get to, and to get out of the rain, Martin was standing close to the house entrance and peering around furtively. Zimmerman made all of this clear when he went back to the scene the day after the shooting with detectives, and described it all in minute detail, re-enacting the entire incident.
http://clashdaily.com/2013/07/memo-to-preside...

Location hidden

#165456 Jul 25, 2013
Rudyard Kiplingesque wrote:
<quoted text>A boy is dead, and you two couldn't be happier about it.
Nobody is happy that a young man is dead, but the person(s) responsible for that death is not Mr. Zimmerman. The person(s) responsible for Travon's death are his parent(s), and most of all, Trayvon himself.

Sorry that fact doesn't agree with your emotions, but dats the facts Jack... and everybody that's dealt with them has come to the same conclusion.

Location hidden

#165457 Jul 25, 2013
Sorry for the dupe.

Location hidden

#165458 Jul 25, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>I told you what I think happened, and I'm not interested in conducting a mock trial.
I'll tell you one more time - I don't buy your Zimmerman as victim scenario any more than I buy your opposite's attempt to canonize Martin into a saint.
The net result of this clusterfuk is there's a dead kid - and I don't give a fine flying fart if he listened to rap, called some stalker-dude a cracker, demonstrated the maturity of a kid on social media, or whatever other dirt you can throw at him.
One of the biggest reasons I consider you an anti-Sharpton is the way you deal with any disagreement with your pitch. Disagreement with the Sharptons of the world, no matter to what degree, gets you called a racist. Disagreement with the anti-Sharptons means you are a tool, you're an idiot, you're ignorant, you're deluded by the man behind the curtain.
A plague on both your houses ... that's my opinion.
I thought you used logic and facts, but it appears you're thought process is easily clouded with emotion.

You and Kippy can message each other and work on your own fictional facts to fit your feelings.

Did I just hear those blinders snap back into place?

Location hidden

#165459 Jul 25, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>I told you what I think happened, and I'm not interested in conducting a mock trial.
Of course you aren't, that would require using actual facts, not feelings.

Everybody that's seen the facts has come to the same conclusion, Mr. Zimmerman was not guilty of any criminal acts.

Colorado

#165460 Jul 25, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Good call, IMO. Given the number of teens who die violently in this country, the Trayvon Martin case is a drop in the bucket. The media could have picked any teen killing in the country to splash around in, but they picked this one....and I think you're exactly right, about the supposed ethnicity of Zimmerman's surname, being the reason why.
My feeling is that President Obama kick-started this race-frenzied red herring of a media event, when he compared himself to the victim in this case. No President should ever play the victim - ever. And this one has led by example, all the folks in this country who prefer to play the victim, than to take proactive steps toward being victors instead.
Heroin has killed more kids in my small town than guns. I live in an area where the farm and ranch kids meet and mingle with the kids of rich sports celebs.
Our families are falling apart, rich or poor, black or white, but the black kids in black communities are dying at a higher rate because so much that is glorified in the main stream culture is destroying them. The rap star life style is death to young black men and children.

Colorado

#165461 Jul 25, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Good call, IMO. Given the number of teens who die violently in this country, the Trayvon Martin case is a drop in the bucket. The media could have picked any teen killing in the country to splash around in, but they picked this one....and I think you're exactly right, about the supposed ethnicity of Zimmerman's surname, being the reason why.
Little things they never say about Colorado.
747 people died in Colorado in 2007 as a direct consequence of drug use. During that same time, 593 people died from motor vehicle accidents and 505 from firearms. This shows the severity and widespread problem of drug abuse in Colorado.

http://transformationstreatment.com/colorado-...

The school I drive for lost this young man last year.
http://www.9news.com/news/article/290704/339/...

Location hidden

#165462 Jul 25, 2013
Well, what do you know, Eric Holder, the nations top law enforcement officer, has decided to go to war with Texas, and ignore the SCOTUS ruling on the Voting Rights Act.

obama must be so proud. There is no such thing as separation of power in the obama administration. If they don't get their way, they simply ignore the laws, Congress and the Constitution.

I just hope we'll be able to repair all the damage that obama and his cronies have done to this nation.
http://www.businessinsider.com/eric-holder-te...

The Founding Fathers have to be rolling over in their graves.

Location hidden

#165463 Jul 25, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
Heroin has killed more kids in my small town than guns. I live in an area where the farm and ranch kids meet and mingle with the kids of rich sports celebs.
Our families are falling apart, rich or poor, black or white, but the black kids in black communities are dying at a higher rate because so much that is glorified in the main stream culture is destroying them. The rap star life style is death to young black men and children.
It may also have something to do with 73% of black births being into a single parent family. Without a father figure in the home, who's giving them their male role model... street punks, drug dealers?

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#165464 Jul 25, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought you used logic and facts, but it appears you're thought process is easily clouded with emotion.
You and Kippy can message each other and work on your own fictional facts to fit your feelings.
Did I just hear those blinders snap back into place?
It appears that way to you because of your slavish devotion to your narrative, and for no other reason.

That's assuming you don't do that for the standard reasons trolls use things like repetition - just to piss off your opponent. Never seemed like much fun to me, although I can understand the appeal to the immature.

Your claim that no one is happy that a kid is dead rings extremely hollow, what with the gleeful way you've been banging your little drum since the verdict.

Rage on, Al. Rage on.

Colorado

#165465 Jul 25, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
It may also have something to do with 73% of black births being into a single parent family. Without a father figure in the home, who's giving them their male role model... street punks, drug dealers?
It absolutely does. I remember when Hollywood first started having babies out of wedlock, then they began to make it "normal" and now look how much it changed the culture for everyone? Most folks I know are on their second marriages or more. Kids bounce around on different school buses during the week depending on which parent's house they are going to that day. I see young teen girls that are desperate for male attention and act and dress in unbelievable ways. I have to watch to make sure kids in the back of the bus are not performing oral sex or other sex acts on the bus.
They are using the tubes of felt pens to hide drugs or use as pot pipes. They soak gummy bears in liquor and take it to school to get drunk.
I watch them go to school groggy in the morning and come home stoned (or worse) in the afternoon. They steal their parents pain meds and take them to Pharm parties where everyone puts their parents pills in a bowl and it is eaten like candy or heroin comes cheap and easy.
When they are without two parents in the home or they have single parents who are gone trying to earn a living or they have absent parents there is no one to catch the behavior. They listen to the same music, ingest the same media, they are herd animals for much of their young lives.
Kids in two parent families are not immune because these are their friends and relatives. All kids go through hard times and if the right/wrong influence is in their life at the wrong time then even the best kids can get into trouble with any of this stuff.
It breaks down the entire society. No one is protected from this. We all suffer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 5 min River Tam 48,381
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 11 min WasteWater 2,027
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 15 min Rosa_Winkel 971,621
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 17 min Rosesz 646,492
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 20 min spinosaurus baryonyx 618,563
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 26 min Rosa_Winkel 445,708
Jesus and Muhammad were FRAUDS 31 min Truthiness 5
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 34 min Toby 105,567
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr onemale 281,238
More from around the web