barb

Braidwood, IL

#165273 Jul 17, 2013
It's not about "OIL", it's about protecting the big Companies!
Bush was all about protecting all his buddies who own billion dollar industries overseas. Never mind that our soldiers were being killed so these companies can safely stay there and make their money at our expense.
He bled us dry for all the wrong reasons.

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#165274 Jul 17, 2013
Brio wrote:
Well, so much people hate him. Still remember the flying shoes or something.
ah.. confuse LOL.
Did they stop teaching English in London?

BTW, those people that "hated" President Bush so much, took the journalist outside and beat the daylights out of al-Zaidi for embarrassing the Iraqi people. Prime Minister Maliki tried to protect President Bush from al-Zaidi's shoes. al-Zaidi's fellow journalists immediately apologized to the President for the incident, and the Iraqi judicial system sentenced al-Zaidi to years in prison, of which he actually served nine months.

And yes, you are confused.

Location hidden

#165275 Jul 17, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>You won't be finding approval for any of that Commie tripe up in here...disapproval of abortion abounds, but any subsidy which benefits living children, I've discovered, is either categorized as 'subsidizing the lazy', or 'government control of one's life'.
I suppose that's why there are so many more people that are dependent on government programs today... because we're cutting their benefits? Hmmmmm.
Homey don' play dat.
Homey needs to think, not emote.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#165276 Jul 17, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
I suppose that's why there are so many more people that are dependent on government programs today... because we're cutting their benefits? Hmmmmm.
<quoted text>
Homey needs to think, not emote.
HE certainly does - and reducing the number of people on public assistance by cutting the funds, and changing eligibility requirements, rather than addressing the causes of need, is a stopgap. Not a solution. The end result will be more starving children. I'm sure Jesus is very proud.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater and Honolulu

#165278 Jul 17, 2013
<quoted text>HE certainly does - and reducing the number of people on public assistance by cutting the funds, and changing eligibility requirements, rather than addressing the causes of need, is a stopgap. Not a solution. The end result will be more starving children. I'm sure Jesus is very proud.
What a surprise. Yet another person that out of one side of her mouth says that Jesus is a farce and like most will use Him when it suits them. Have you put your money where your mouth is yet? Again here are a few places to start.

http://endhunger.com
http://feedingamerica.org/
http://www.feedthechildren.org/site/PageServe...
http://compassion.com

Clearwater and Honolulu

#165279 Jul 17, 2013
So how about that Rolling Stones cover. I know, by saying something I prove the stunt worked. Good on Cvs drugs for saying they will not have it. They just moved ahead of Walgreens for me.

Location hidden

#165281 Jul 17, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
What a surprise. Yet another person that out of one side of her mouth says that Jesus is a farce and like most will use Him when it suits them. Have you put your money where your mouth is yet? Again here are a few places to start.
http://endhunger.com
http://feedingamerica.org/
http://www.feedthechildren.org/site/PageServe...
http://compassion.com
I didn't make $4 million last year, but somehow I managed to donate more to charitable organizations, of my choice, than VP Joe Biden.

Location hidden

#165282 Jul 17, 2013
I prefer to give time, attention, and FOOD, rather than cash, to those in need. That way, I know my help is going where I want it to go, rather than to CEO salaries.

Location hidden

#165283 Jul 17, 2013
<quoted text>HE certainly does - and reducing the number of people on public assistance by cutting the funds, and changing eligibility requirements, rather than addressing the causes of need, is a stopgap. Not a solution. The end result will be more starving children. I'm sure Jesus is very proud.
Rather than depending on a government that is going broke for handouts to feed, clothe and house your family, I think getting a job(s) would be far more helpful towards taking care of one's children and responsibilities. That, and closing one's legs if they can't afford to have those children. Chosing a responsible person with good work ethics to marry would go a long way towards giving those children a good home life too.

Is asking people to accept personal responsibility for their actions really being unreasonable?

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#165284 Jul 17, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Rather than depending on a government that is going broke for handouts to feed, clothe and house your family, I think getting a job(s) would be far more helpful towards taking care of one's children and responsibilities. That, and closing one's legs if they can't afford to have those children. Chosing a responsible person with good work ethics to marry would go a long way towards giving those children a good home life too.
Is asking people to accept personal responsibility for their actions really being unreasonable?
"The measure of a society is the dignity with which it treats its weakest members." Javier Perez de Cuellar, former UN Secretary-General.

Location hidden

#165285 Jul 17, 2013
I prefer to give time, attention, and FOOD, rather than cash, to those in need. That way, I know my help is going where I want it to go, rather than to CEO salaries.
I know what you mean there. Some of those administrative costs, including officer salaries, are outrageous. We make sure that most of our donations are going to those we intend to support, not to inflated administration fees.

Clearwater and Honolulu

#165286 Jul 17, 2013
Well that is good indeed. So I'll say I'm sorry. We don't agree on issues of faith but many of the people that come in at my office don't either. We are thankful for all the help we get.

Clearwater and Honolulu

#165287 Jul 17, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
So how about that Rolling Stones cover. I know, by saying something I prove the stunt worked. Good on Cvs drugs for saying they will not have it. They just moved ahead of Walgreens for me.
Update: Walgreens is now saying they won't sell this trash either. I have never in my life burned a book or any written word. But if I did... But no. Thank God we live in a place where the most vile trash can be printed and that government (at least of now) says nothing. Parts of the government do seem to be working to that end.

“Take It To The Limit”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#165289 Jul 17, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Update: Walgreens is now saying they won't sell this trash either. I have never in my life burned a book or any written word. But if I did... But no. Thank God we live in a place where the most vile trash can be printed and that government (at least of now) says nothing. Parts of the government do seem to be working to that end.
Last time I read rolling stone was the issue they had on John Lennon after he was killed by chapman.
Hell, I don't even buy tv guide anymore.
Tandy

Cookeville, TN

#165290 Jul 17, 2013
Everyone already knows he is a hero.
Come back President Bush, we need you.

Location hidden

#165292 Jul 18, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that is good indeed. So I'll say I'm sorry. We don't agree on issues of faith but many of the people that come in at my office don't either. We are thankful for all the help we get.
No apology necessary - but certainly yours is accepted. I offer my own, for my frustration with issues of faith, on which we do differ. I recognize your sincerity.

I'm thankful to be able to help someone other than myself - paying it forward is very uplifting.

:)

Location hidden

#165293 Jul 18, 2013
<quoted text>I'm thankful to be able to help someone other than myself - paying it forward is very uplifting.
Amen to that... better to give, than to need to receive.

Location hidden

#165294 Jul 18, 2013
It's official!!!

Rick Perry Signs Abortion Bill Into Law

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/18/rick...

“Take It To The Limit”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#165295 Jul 18, 2013
<quoted text>No apology necessary - but certainly yours is accepted. I offer my own, for my frustration with issues of faith, on which we do differ. I recognize your sincerity.
I'm thankful to be able to help someone other than myself - paying it forward is very uplifting.
'Pay it forward'. A great concept that is almost never used. When I find myself in need, I go to the foodbank, but I don't wait in line. I volunteer, spend the day filling bags of food, and helping where I'm needed. Beats just sitting there.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#165296 Jul 18, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
It's official!!!
Rick Perry Signs Abortion Bill Into Law
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/18/rick...
Lucky you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Hidingfromyou 779,264
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 5 min RiccardoFire 96,865
Moses never existed 17 min KiMare 862
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 17 min Tony17 560,747
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 24 min Qu_innocence 605,392
The Spiritual Journey of His Holiness 30 min Uttamchand 1
Brahmrishi Shree Kumar Swamiji The Spiritual ... 32 min Uttamchand 1
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr onemale 265,589
How do I ask my dad for sex? (Oct '13) 15 hr daveo69 72
More from around the web