“Take It To The Limit”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#165250 Jul 15, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Everyone has different measures of happiness. The Chris I know likes to go to work, loves his wife and enjoys a good chicken sandwich. You travel the world, like Thai food and seem not to have a permanent commitment. Me, I have a grandchild and life is sooooo good. Who are you to decide what happiness is?
Charles Schultz said 'Happiness is a warm puppy.'

“Take It To The Limit”

Location hidden

#165251 Jul 15, 2013
obama is going to make a speech tomorrow explaining why the GDP numbers are 'wrong'. He won't be specific, just tell everyone that the numbers aare wrong because he says they are wrong.
Of course, his followers will believe evrything he says.
The rest of us will be spending more and getting less, especially at the grocery store.
lisw

Sardinia, OH

#165252 Jul 15, 2013
Rudyard Kiplingesque wrote:
obama is going to make a speech tomorrow explaining why the GDP numbers are 'wrong'. He won't be specific, just tell everyone that the numbers aare wrong because he says they are wrong.
Of course, his followers will believe evrything he says.
The rest of us will be spending more and getting less, especially at the grocery store.
And he'll say "let me be very clear about this."
lisw

Sardinia, OH

#165253 Jul 15, 2013
Rudyard Kiplingesque wrote:
<quoted text>
Charles Schultz said 'Happiness is a warm puppy.'
Yes, everything is relative. My husband would say "happiness is being able to walk two feet."

“On a sailing ship to nowhere”

Since: Jun 07

Colorado

#165254 Jul 15, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
This post from last September rings true. Its not as sexy as people calling for justice and blocking street intersections but this news hit today, July 15, 2013.
Economists Across Wall Street Are Axing Their Forecasts For US Growth
Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/economists-cut...
76% of Americans are living paycheck-to-paycheck
By Angela Johnson June 24, 2013
NEW YORK (CNNMoney)
Roughly three-quarters of Americans are living paycheck-to-paycheck, with little to no emergency savings, according to a survey released by Bankrate.com Monday.
Fewer than one in four Americans have enough money in their savings account to cover at least six months of expenses, enough to help cushion the blow of a job loss, medical emergency or some other unexpected event, according to the survey of 1,000 adults. Meanwhile, 50% of those surveyed have less than a three-month cushion and 27% had no savings at all.
http://money.cnn.com/2013/06/24/pf/emergency-...

Woe is most of the country.
lisw

Sardinia, OH

#165255 Jul 15, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right.
But you must admit Chris is not an upbeat person.
Why, because he thinks Obama is an idiot? I think Obama is an idiot, it's just the way it is.

“Take It To The Limit”

Location hidden

#165256 Jul 16, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, everything is relative. My husband would say "happiness is being able to walk two feet."

I know that feeling. Thanks to a screw-up by my doctor's nurse, I've been without pain meds for almost two months now. The nurse didn't write down critical information, and my doc drew the wrong conclusions. I told her that when her help screws up, I'm the one that pays for it. She was sympathetic, but still has to go through channels to get me back on my pain killers. For two years, my doc has been encouraging me to up my scrip. I told her that if I used more, then my body would adjust, and I'd need more still, so I prefer to keep it as is.
Anyway, it'll be another week to ten days before the verdict is in.
Know what the original problem was? I had a half a narco in my acetamenophan bottle, and about ten days after my scrip ran out, they needed me to come in and leave a sample. They found remnants of the half narco on the sample, and the nurse noted that I was 'using', even though I told her about the left over pill. there were other factors, but since the nurse didn't believe them, she just didn't write it down. How's that for efficiency?
Clearwater

Hollywood, FL

#165257 Jul 16, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right.
But you must admit Chris is not an upbeat person.
I just wish to be honest. You are like a doctor that finds out a patient has cancer and would rather lie about it. And you call me messed up. No truth is I'm thankful but have no problem saying this nation is rotting from the inside out. That's beyond tragic but think it good we are honest if we have any kind of chance to fix this with eyes wide open.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#165259 Jul 16, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Why, because he thinks Obama is an idiot? I think Obama is an idiot, it's just the way it is.
Clearwater is a misanthrope.

To him, we are all born evil.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#165260 Jul 16, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
He's on here too much to be as successful as he claims.
I agree 100%. Its why I give him chit about his billing practices.......

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#165262 Jul 16, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>Clearwater is a misanthrope.
To him, we are all born evil.
No, I don't think he has a problem with most people, I think he doesn't trust this administration, or liberals, and for very good reasons.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#165263 Jul 16, 2013
Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>I just wish to be honest. You are like a doctor that finds out a patient has cancer and would rather lie about it...
Yeah, wouldn't that be ghastly?

Well, apparently not if the doc is lying about a severely compromised pregnancy...just in CASE the woman might consider not continuing it ...

(Perfectly legal, too...)

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#165264 Jul 16, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
76% of Americans are living paycheck-to-paycheck
By Angela Johnson June 24, 2013
NEW YORK (CNNMoney)
Roughly three-quarters of Americans are living paycheck-to-paycheck, with little to no emergency savings, according to a survey released by Bankrate.com Monday.
Fewer than one in four Americans have enough money in their savings account to cover at least six months of expenses, enough to help cushion the blow of a job loss, medical emergency or some other unexpected event, according to the survey of 1,000 adults. Meanwhile, 50% of those surveyed have less than a three-month cushion and 27% had no savings at all.
http://money.cnn.com/2013/06/24/pf/emergency-...
Woe is most of the country.
Oh, the fun we can have with selective data, esp. when we know the target audience, eh?

You know, the paradox in the info above is that, historically, lower savings rates tend to correspond to an increase in spending, ie, consumer confidence. A little proof, you say? Well, when did we see the highest savings rate in the last ten years? That would be about Fall 2008. What was going on then?

Let's compare further - what was the savings rate in, say, Spring '05? Things were "all good" then, right? PSR hovered around 1.5%, at one point briefly dipping below 1%, as I recall.

Since at least the 1960's, living beyond our means is actually a positive econmoic indicator. Not a healthy personal finance strategy, by any means, at least not by my lights, but I tend to be financially conservative compared to the average. But as a national economic indicator, suitable for use in partisan polemics? Not so much.

Since: May 07

Indianapolis, IN

#165265 Jul 16, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, the fun we can have with selective data, esp. when we know the target audience, eh?...
Hiya Hip. Glad to see you're still around, and apparently still sane!

Taking a cruise through the old haunts; it's been a long time. I see my favorite thread is a writhing wriggling mass of trolls...'tis a pity.

Anyway, just sayin' hey!

“The future begins”

every moment

#165266 Jul 16, 2013
Matt from Akron wrote:
<quoted text>
Hiya Hip. Glad to see you're still around, and apparently still sane!
Taking a cruise through the old haunts; it's been a long time. I see my favorite thread is a writhing wriggling mass of trolls...'tis a pity.
Anyway, just sayin' hey!
Hey yourself, and well met, Levi! Gooda "see" ya still knockin' about. An even keel or two is what's sorely needed, and sadly lacking, in those parts, fer shur, fer shur. But we had our time, and the day and the night were the sixth day, and it was good. Wishing the best to you and yours.
Peace.
HipG

“The future begins”

every moment

#165267 Jul 16, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
The discussion has been about abortion at 20 weeks and later.
I'm sorry, between the spam and the knee-jerk ad personum drivel, there may have a discussion about Brazilian vs Colombian coffee, for all I know. We all of us, or most of us, only have so much time in the day for leisure, and I don't find the patience anymore to weed thru such as the propriety of the President's underwear (I think you missed that riveting discussion) and stream-of-(barely)consciousnes s blather about historical US crimes against the world.

In the short time I did have, my post was an inquiry to the admittedly snide comment as to what "thinking and caring for all God's children" entails. If it begins at conception, and ends at birth, then for all practical purposes, it appears just a pose. It appears to me an obvious charge, as it apparently appears to all, since it received multiple clumsy misdirections, but not one reply directly on the question. The criticism would at least be negated by those few who oppose abortion, but also support any and all programs, public and private, that demonstrably benefit living children.

“Take It To The Limit”

Location hidden

#165268 Jul 16, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sorry, between the spam and the knee-jerk ad personum drivel, there may have a discussion about Brazilian vs Colombian coffee, for all I know. We all of us, or most of us, only have so much time in the day for leisure, and I don't find the patience anymore to weed thru such as the propriety of the President's underwear (I think you missed that riveting discussion) and stream-of-(barely)consciousnes s blather about historical US crimes against the world.
In the short time I did have, my post was an inquiry to the admittedly snide comment as to what "thinking and caring for all God's children" entails. If it begins at conception, and ends at birth, then for all practical purposes, it appears just a pose. It appears to me an obvious charge, as it apparently appears to all, since it received multiple clumsy misdirections, but not one reply directly on the question. The criticism would at least be negated by those few who oppose abortion, but also support any and all programs, public and private, that demonstrably benefit living children.
Can't abort them all. Need plenty to run their war machine.
barry didn't win that Nobel Peace Prize fer nuthin, ya know.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#165269 Jul 16, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sorry, between the spam and the knee-jerk ad personum drivel, there may have a discussion about Brazilian vs Colombian coffee, for all I know. We all of us, or most of us, only have so much time in the day for leisure, and I don't find the patience anymore to weed thru such as the propriety of the President's underwear (I think you missed that riveting discussion) and stream-of-(barely)consciousnes s blather about historical US crimes against the world.
You won't be finding approval for any of that Commie tripe up in here...disapproval of abortion abounds, but any subsidy which benefits living children, I've discovered, is either categorized as 'subsidizing the lazy', or 'government control of one's life'.

Homey don' play dat.

“Take It To The Limit”

Location hidden

#165270 Jul 17, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, the fun we can have with selective data, esp. when we know the target audience, eh?
You know, the paradox in the info above is that, historically, lower savings rates tend to correspond to an increase in spending, ie, consumer confidence. A little proof, you say? Well, when did we see the highest savings rate in the last ten years? That would be about Fall 2008. What was going on then?
Let's compare further - what was the savings rate in, say, Spring '05? Things were "all good" then, right? PSR hovered around 1.5%, at one point briefly dipping below 1%, as I recall.
Since at least the 1960's, living beyond our means is actually a positive econmoic indicator. Not a healthy personal finance strategy, by any means, at least not by my lights, but I tend to be financially conservative compared to the average. But as a national economic indicator, suitable for use in partisan polemics? Not so much.
You didn't really address the '76%' part, Hip. That number is pretty high.
Brio

London, UK

#165272 Jul 17, 2013
Well, so much people hate him. Still remember the flying shoes or something.

ah.. confuse LOL.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Kaitlin the Wolf ... 775,604
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 16 min hojo 559,633
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 25 min preteen girl 605,045
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Dr_Zorderz 265,182
Pastor Rod Parsley’s Father Dies at Age 80 (Jul '13) 1 hr Joyce 7
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 1 hr MUQ1 37,819
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr duststorm 441,786
More from around the web