Bush is a hero

An NFL Fan

“Brevity is the soule of wit”

Since: May 09

USA

#164859 Jul 12, 2013
idiot wrote:
<quoted text>it is my post , its my post; again a prous somalain, I am a paranoid Schizo and whore mongering perderast!
It's your post, so own up to it, Somalian.
UDIOTRACEMAKEWOR LDPEACE

United States

#164860 Jul 12, 2013
An NFL Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
It's your post, so own up to it, Somalian.
Not my post , if you look back it's your post, you manipulate my post! A million time it not my post and not a Somalain, it your Post NFL the Zionist War monger!
UDIOTRACEMAKEWOR LDPEACE

United States

#164861 Jul 12, 2013
The Reality Beneath the Flag-Waving
by Paul Craig Roberts a former Assistant Secretary of the US Treasury of Reagan Adm.(Left Corrupted Govt ) and former associate editor of the Wall Street Journal,
"
It is proof of the collapse of American morals and the fallen character of the American people that the American public and its elected representatives in Congress refuse to rein in the Bush regime and hold it responsible for its monstrous crimes.
America has become a land of evil. The rest of the world hates and despises us. And we are going to pay a terrible price for it.

“On a sailing ship to nowhere”

Since: Jun 07

Colorado

#164862 Jul 12, 2013
miner49er wrote:
"The discussion has been about abortion at 20 weeks and later. "
Hey, I don't like late-term abortions but there's more to it than that, the discussion has been about the Texas laws that unfairly target poor rural women:
"For rural women like Eva, geography is often destiny. According to the Guttmacher Institute, 92 percent of Texas counties don’t have any abortion provider. For women past 16 weeks gestation, the problem of access is acute. Following the 2004 ambulatory care center law, there are now only six providers that offer later-term abortions. Women not living in Austin, Houston, Dallas or San Antonio must travel significant distances to receive abortions past 16 weeks; the women more likely to need them are those who couldn’t raise the money in time to do it earlier.
Things could soon get much worse. The Legislature is considering Senate Bill 537, which would force all abortion clinics—even those providing early-term abortions—to comply with the same standards as ambulatory surgical centers. Critics of the bill argue that the law doesn’t improve safety but is rather an effort to close clinics by setting standards that would require costly upgrades. Abortion-rights advocates say only five clinics in the state could meet the surgical center standards. The other 32 clinics would have to either upgrade or shut their doors. In testimony to state senators, Amanda Stevenson, a graduate student researcher with the Texas Policy Evaluation Project, noted that if this were to happen, women not living in one of Texas’ major counties would have to travel 125 miles on average to reach a complying abortion provider.
Birth control out of reach
Not long after her local family-planning clinic stopped providing free birth control, June became pregnant.“I had to start paying out of pocket, and I couldn’t afford it,” she tells Craft. June is a 21-year-old community college student and is 15 weeks along. The total cost of her abortion is $660, and she has raised all but the last $100. June tells Craft that she recently lost her job.“I’ve been really stressed out trying to find the money,” she says. Craft offers her a $50 voucher, for which the young woman is profusely grateful."
http://www.texasobserver.org/need-an-abortion...
The conservatives cut access to birth-control, then lament the high pregnancy rate.
Meanwhile, rich folk will continue to have unfettered access to healthcare.
A woman having an abortion should expect an abortion clinic to be at least as well run as a surgical center. Don't know if you've been around women having babies but it is a messy business with lots of opportunity for infection and loss of blood, more so with something as invasive as abortion.
Women die in abortion clinics around the country.The number of women dying from legal abortions has doubled since 1995.

http://www.lifenews.com/2012/07/23/woman-dies...

An abortion clinic should not be exempt from proper medical standards just because you want to keep the cheap. If men were getting abortions you would demand the best. The people that would be arguing against this are ones invested in the profits reaped from abortion clinics. They don't want to update or to be scrutinized by tougher regulatory standards.

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#164863 Jul 12, 2013
miner49er wrote:
"they still post to me, even though they know I don't read their messages. "
Bobin, a proverb comes to mind:
"There are none so blind as those who will not see."
I saw enough to realize reading their nonsense was a complete waste of my time. You can continue to read their nonsense, it won't be wasting your time... I might suggest you grab a copy of the NYC phone book... read that too.
miner49er wrote:
Bobin, in one of your earlier posts, you criticized my historical references, which reminded me of another quotation:
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it"
Thus, the sad list of American military intervention against native peoples across the globe...
"From the halls of Motezuma to the shore's of Tripoli,
We will fight Big Businesses' nattles,
In the air, on land, and sea... "
I see what you mean... look how the United States turned out. Are you related to World Idiot?

Colorado

#164864 Jul 12, 2013
miner49er wrote:
Not long after her local family-planning clinic stopped providing free birth control, June became pregnant.
If this woman doesn't have a smart phone, she can still gain access to the internet. Every county has a library with internet. Most have Walmarts. You can order birth control pills online or buy pills at Walmart or the pharmacy of any grocery store. This story is a farce.

http://factreal.wordpress.com/2012/03/07/9-bi...
lisw

Hamersville, OH

#164865 Jul 12, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>While I feel your premises are flawed, I won't address them here, because they are tangential to the fundamental point in my post. If we as a society want to mandate that wheresoever a conception take place, a birth must follow, and cite as basis that morality dictates that we act in the unborn child's welfare, then where is the willing and unbegrudging societal support for the child after the birth day?
Sounds to me like we want to mandate only up to the point that we have to put our money where our mouth is.
You make an aside that we who believe abortion is wrong after 20 weeks do not care about the children. Yet my premises are flawed. You cannot make those type of assertions and then say "well I don't feel like addressing that." Well you CAN but it's wrong.

Location hidden

#164866 Jul 12, 2013
miner49er wrote:
"The discussion has been about abortion at 20 weeks and later. "
Hey, I don't like late-term abortions but there's more to it than that, the discussion has been about the Texas laws that unfairly target poor rural women:
"For rural women like Eva, geography is often destiny. According to the Guttmacher Institute, 92 percent of Texas counties don’t have any abortion provider. For women past 16 weeks gestation, the problem of access is acute. Following the 2004 ambulatory care center law, there are now only six providers that offer later-term abortions. Women not living in Austin, Houston, Dallas or San Antonio must travel significant distances to receive abortions past 16 weeks; the women more likely to need them are those who couldn’t raise the money in time to do it earlier.
Things could soon get much worse. The Legislature is considering Senate Bill 537, which would force all abortion clinics—even those providing early-term abortions—to comply with the same standards as ambulatory surgical centers. Critics of the bill argue that the law doesn’t improve safety but is rather an effort to close clinics by setting standards that would require costly upgrades. Abortion-rights advocates say only five clinics in the state could meet the surgical center standards. The other 32 clinics would have to either upgrade or shut their doors. In testimony to state senators, Amanda Stevenson, a graduate student researcher with the Texas Policy Evaluation Project, noted that if this were to happen, women not living in one of Texas’ major counties would have to travel 125 miles on average to reach a complying abortion provider.
Birth control out of reach
Not long after her local family-planning clinic stopped providing free birth control, June became pregnant.“I had to start paying out of pocket, and I couldn’t afford it,” she tells Craft. June is a 21-year-old community college student and is 15 weeks along. The total cost of her abortion is $660, and she has raised all but the last $100. June tells Craft that she recently lost her job.“I’ve been really stressed out trying to find the money,” she says. Craft offers her a $50 voucher, for which the young woman is profusely grateful."
http://www.texasobserver.org/need-an-abortion...
The conservatives cut access to birth-control, then lament the high pregnancy rate.
Meanwhile, rich folk will continue to have unfettered access to healthcare.
It's about safety and protection of viable children, not for just the "rich folk", not for just for city folk, but for all women in Texas, and all viable future Texans.

Do you really favor allowing doorways that are too narrow for access by an ambulance gurney if things go wrong?

Texans don't.

Do you really believe the abortionist should just dump his failure on some hospital's intern, and not be responsible to fix his own mistake in a hospital?

Texans don't.

Do you think "Gosnell clinics" should have been allowed?

Texans don't.

But, feel free to keep those low standards for your women in West Virginia. It will give those Gosnell types a place to go to continue doing their grisly procedures.
miner49er

Lerona, WV

#164867 Jul 12, 2013
"Women die in abortion clinics around the country.The number of women dying from legal abortions has doubled since 1995."

I couldn't find support for that statistic in the link you posted.

Here are some solid numbers on the subject:

"SAFETY OF ABORTION
• The risk of abortion complications is minimal: Fewer than 0.3% of abortion patients experience a complication that requires hospitalization.[11]
• Abortions performed in the first trimester pose virtually no long-term risk of such problems as infertility, ectopic pregnancy, spontaneous abortion (miscarriage) or birth defect, and little or no risk of preterm or low-birth-weight deliveries.[12]
• Exhaustive reviews by panels convened by the U.S. and British governments have concluded that there is no association between abortion and breast cancer. There is also no indication that abortion is a risk factor for other cancers.[12]
• In repeated studies since the early 1980s, leading experts have concluded that abortion does not pose a hazard to women’s mental health.[13]
• The risk of death associated with abortion increases with the length of pregnancy, from one death for every one million abortions at or before eight weeks to one per 29,000 at 16–20 weeks—and one per 11,000 at 21 or more weeks.[14]

Pernie, those rates compare with death rates for liposuction:
"Some of the studies indicate that the risk of death due to liposuction is as low as 3 deaths for every 100,000 liposuction operations performed. However, other studies indicate that the risk of death is between 20 and 100 deaths per 100,000 liposuction procedures. "

http://www.fda.gov/MedicalDevices/Productsand...

"Fifty-eight percent of abortion patients say they would have liked to have had their abortion earlier. Nearly 60% of women who experienced a delay in obtaining an abortion cite the time it took to make arrangements and raise money.[15]
Teens are more likely than older women to delay having an abortion until after 15 weeks of pregnancy, when the medical risks associated with abortion are significantly higher.[15]"

http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/fb_induced_abo...

Most women don't want an abortion after 20 weeks, but lack of money and access creates the delay.

If you're wealthy, then it's no problem to have an abortion at your convenience.
miner49er

Lerona, WV

#164868 Jul 12, 2013
"You can order birth control pills online or buy pills at Walmart or the pharmacy of any grocery store. This story is a farce. "

Pernie, you are wrong.

No one can just "buy pills at Walmart or the pharmacy of any grocery store", the law requires a prescription from a doctor, that requires an office visit/exam which means $100-$200 and time off work and transportation to the office.

All good reasons for universal healthcare including contraceptives.

Society would save million each year on unwanted pregnancies and childbirth.

Free birth control is wise conservative financial policy.

And sociologists agree; less unwanted pregnancies equals less juvenile deliquency which means less career criminals.
US is WARLIKE

United States

#164869 Jul 12, 2013
miner49er wrote:
"Women die in abortion clinics around the country.The number of women dying from legal abortions has doubled since 1995."
Here are some solid numbers on the subject:
"SAFETY OF ABORTION
• The risk of abortion complications is minimal: Fewer than 0.3% of abortion patients experience a complication that requires hospitalization.[11]
• Abortions performed in the first trimester pose virtually no long-term risk of such problems as infertility, ectopic pregnancy, spontaneous abortion (miscarriage) or birth defect, and little or no risk of preterm or low-birth-weight deliveries.[12]
• Exhaustive reviews by panels convened by the U.S. and British governments have concluded that there is no association between abortion and breast cancer. There is also no indication that abortion is a risk factor for other cancers.[12]
• In repeated studies since the early 1980s, leading experts have concluded that abortion does not pose a hazard to women’s mental health.[13]
• The risk of death associated with abortion increases with the length of pregnancy, from one death for every one million abortions at or before eight weeks to one per 29,000 at 16–20 weeks—and one per 11,000 at 21 or more weeks.[14]
Pernie, those rates compare with death rates for liposuction:
"Some of the studies indicate that the risk of death due to liposuction is as low as 3 deaths for every 100,000 liposuction operations performed. However, other studies indicate that the risk of death is between 20 and 100 deaths per 100,000 liposuction procedures. "
http://www.fda.gov/MedicalDevices/Productsand...
"Fifty-eight percent of abortion patients say they would have liked to have had their abortion earlier. Nearly 60% of women who experienced a delay in obtaining an abortion cite the time it took to make arrangements and raise money.[15]
Teens are more likely than older women to delay having an abortion until after 15 weeks of pregnancy, when the medical risks associated with abortion are significantly higher.[15]"
http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/fb_induced_abo...
Most women don't want an abortion after 20 weeks, but lack of money and access creates the delay.
If you're wealthy, then it's no problem to have an abortion at your convenience.
Look up US eugenics and planned American Planned parenthood on US and world - Evil USgovt Sponsorship!

Planned Parenthood (American) Founder Margaret Sanger. Woman, Morality, and Birth Control

"Birth control must lead ultimately to a cleaner race.
lisw

Hamersville, OH

#164870 Jul 12, 2013
"Free birth control is wise conservative financial policy"
So said proponents of eugenics. They also thought sterilization of the poor and undesirable was a good financial policy. You terrify me.
US is WARLIKE

United States

#164871 Jul 12, 2013
lisw wrote:
"Free birth control is wise conservative financial policy"
So said proponents of eugenics. They also thought sterilization of the poor and undesirable was a good financial policy. You terrify me.
If you readup on Bios of Obama and Bush Adms some are Neo-Malthusian! White poor population are not and Exception. Hope , don't scare u!

Location hidden

#164872 Jul 12, 2013
miner49er wrote:
Why doesn't that surprise me, you can't even find the "REPLY" button that's at the top right of the message you want to reply to.

Location hidden

#164873 Jul 12, 2013
miner49er wrote:
It's not directly related, but, "If you can't do the time, don't do the crime." If she can't afford the consequences, maybe she should be more careful, or lay with men that can and will help if things don't go as planned. In other words, make sure she's protected and don't sleep with losers.
miner49er wrote:
And if you can't afford the consequences, then you better be more careful than those wealthy women that you seem to envy so much.

Location hidden

#164874 Jul 12, 2013
miner49er wrote:
"You can order birth control pills online or buy pills at Walmart or the pharmacy of any grocery store. This story is a farce. "
Pernie, you are wrong.
No one can just "buy pills at Walmart or the pharmacy of any grocery store", the law requires a prescription from a doctor, that requires an office visit/exam which means $100-$200 and time off work and transportation to the office.
And sociologists agree; less unwanted pregnancies equals less juvenile deliquency which means less career criminals.
Or, if she can't afford to become pregnant, they could always try abstinence... it's proven to work every time it's tried!

Have you ever heard of "personal responsibility"?
miner49er

Lerona, WV

#164875 Jul 12, 2013
"So said proponents of eugenics. They also thought sterilization of the poor and undesirable was a good financial policy. You terrify me. "

lisw, by your logic, since Hitler was a vegatarian, all vegaterians are Jew-haters.

Fascinating...

Bobin sez:

"Why doesn't that surprise me, you can't even find the "REPLY" button that's at the top right of the message you want to reply to."

So where is the source to back up Pernie's claim: "The number of women dying from legal abortions has doubled since 1995"?
lisw

Hamersville, OH

#164876 Jul 12, 2013
"Hitler was a vegatarian, all vegaterians are Jew-haters"
Strange that you mention Hitler. You seem to have a special affinity for him. He was a proponent of eugenics. So was Endira Ghandi.
US is WARLIKE

United States

#164877 Jul 12, 2013
lisw wrote:
"Hitler was a vegatarian, all vegaterians are Jew-haters"
Strange that you mention Hitler. You seem to have a special affinity for him. He was a proponent of eugenics. So was Endira Ghandi.
Now connect this with USforeign Policy And Eugenics on World and US depopulation agendas! Scary is not?

Colorado

#164878 Jul 12, 2013
miner49er wrote:
Pernie, you are wrong.
This is from your post: "Not long after her local family-planning clinic stopped providing free birth control, June became pregnant.“I had to start paying out of pocket, and I couldn’t afford it,” she tells Craft. June is a 21-year-old community college student and is 15 weeks along."

You mean she couldn't go to the school nurse or her counselor for either a drug prescription or health services?

http://local.healthywomen.org/Birth_Control_P...

From the page above: Affordable Birth Control
Save money and help other women. Get a Pill that helps women in need
birthcontrolforcharity.com

You can also order online
http://www.plannedparenthood.org/mn-nd-sd/onl...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min Michael 695,639
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 5 min Quivering Lips Li... 59,953
Where can I find good Colombian coffee in Boston? 9 min Orion Spirit 2
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 25 min Tellthetruth 994,058
Depressed girlfriend. Don’t know what to do 50 min MOGADORE 3
I accidentially swigged...some PEE!! 1 hr True 3
News Data on Investors Obtained by Fraud (Jul '06) 3 hr curly burrito head 2
wierd situation with my mom. (Jul '14) Feb 19 Pimpy 23
More from around the web