Bush is a hero

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#164591 Jul 9, 2013
miner49er wrote:
"That's why the Egyptians removed Morsi from office"
You mean the military coup that imprisoned the democratically elected leader of Egypt?
No. I meant the Egyptian people that demanded that Morsi be removed for not doing what he promised, disbanding their established political processes, attempting to implement Sharia Law, and for trying to transform Egypt into a state they did not want... reminds me a lot of obama.
miner49er wrote:
You say: "when it comes to Egypt and most of the M.E., "Let Allah sort it out"." so you agree with me that the CIA was wrong to overthrow the democratically elected leader of Iran?
"In 1953, the United States CIA led by one of President Theodore Roosevelt’s grandsons, initiated a coup in Iran (Operation Ajax)[8] to remove the democratically elected Prime Minister Mohammed Mossadegh. The Iranian government was understandably dissatisfied with the terms of its contract with the Anglo-Persian Oil Company that allowed British interests to claim 85% of the oil profit from Iran.[9] Iran voted to nationalize the oil industry in 1951 after the British declined to renegotiate the terms. The US-led coup was successful, and the royal monarch, Shah Mohammad Reza Pahlavi,[10] became virtual dictator. Fearing popular reprisal, Pahlavi’s government was supported by the CIA in creating the Iranian SAVAK, a vicious secret police for the Shah’s dictatorial government."
What are you bringing up next, President Madison and the Barbary Pirates?
miner49er wrote:
Bobin, given your statement can we also belive you think President Eisenhower and Ford were wrong to develop Irans nuclear program?
"Under the Eisenhower administration, the US cooperated with the Shah’s government for the development of Iranian nuclear energy through the “Atoms for Peace” program.[12] President Ford agreed to US full cooperation to help Iran build about two dozen nuclear energy plants. When the Iranian people overthrew the Shah’s government in 1979, the US stopped cooperating. The US backed Iraq in their invasion of Iran in 1980 and throughout the war until 1988, seeking a more US-friendly Iranian government. The US provided Saddam Hussein with the chemical and biological weapons the W. Bush administration later used as justification for invading Iraq.[13] Since 1979, the US has worked to prevent Iran having a nuclear energy program, even under the legal provisions of the NPT, and reneged on a multi-billion dollar contract to deliver nuclear fuel to Iran without refunding Iran’s money."
http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2012/01/us-ove...
For those that are reading challenged,(Miner), let's try this one last time... "Let Allah sort it out".
UidiotRaceMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#164592 Jul 9, 2013
Sydney J Harris
k
The difference between patriotism and nationalism is that the patriot is proud of his country for what it does, and the nationalist is proud of his country no matter what it does; the first attitude creates a feeling of responsibility, but the second a feeling of blind arrogance that leads to war.

An NFL Fan

“Brevity is the soule of wit”

Since: May 09

USA

#164593 Jul 9, 2013
idiot wrote:
Sydney J Harris
t attitude creates a feeling of responsibility, but the second a feeling of blind arrogance that leads to war.
Way to spam it up, Somalian pirate! Did you run out of your own confused words, numbnuts?

United States

#164594 Jul 9, 2013
Adbusters defined 'Neoconservatism':

9/11 and American Empire
Intellectuals Speak Out
Edited by David Ray Griffin and Peter Dale Scott

The belief that Democracy, however flawed, was best defended by an ignorant public pumped on nationalism and religion. Only a militantly nationalist state could deter human aggression .... Such nationalism requires an external threat and if one cannot be found it must be manufactured.

United States

#164595 Jul 9, 2013
Obama vows to push new gun-control legislation in 2013
www.conservativeactionalerts.com/2012/12/obam... ...

Jim Kouri, CPP, is founder and CEO of Kouri Associates, a homeland security, public safety and political consulting firm. He’s formerly Fifth Vice-President,...

United States

#164596 Jul 9, 2013
We talking ab out eygpt!

Mark Zepezauer, Boomerang, p75
keyword(s)
Egypt a well-bribed client state of the U.S.

Egypt under Mubarak uses its billions in U.S. military aid to detain, beat and torture dissenters, opposition politicians and journalists; many have died in custody. Thousands of political prisoners and pro-democracy activists are held in overcrowded, disease-ridden prisons, without charges or trials. Press restrictions, including newspaper shutdowns, are widespread. Arab nationalists view Egypt as a well-bribed client state of the U.S. and an obstacle to self-determination for its own people as well as its Palestinian neighbors. Nevertheless, the "Lion of Egypt" was re-elected to a fourth term in 1999 with just under 94 percent of the vote; his party holds 97 percent of the legislative seats. He has never named a vice president.

An NFL Fan

USA

#164597 Jul 9, 2013
idiot wrote:
Intellectuals Speak Out and I can't understand a word of it.
Tell me again how you began your career as a Somali pirate. Does it offer a dental plan?

United States

#164598 Jul 9, 2013
Tainted Legacy
9/11 and the Ruin of Human Rights, William Schulz, p201

If America is identified with autocratic regimes; if it is justifiably charged with ignoring inconvenient human rights claims; if it is seen as skirting the rules at home and undermining international human rights abroad, its promotion of democracy will be suspect and its insistence that others abide by the rule of law seen as a charade.

As one Egyptian dissident put it with a rueful laugh, "John Ashcroft's arrests of Arab men, the treatment of prisoners at Guantanamo Bay, military tribunals - all of it is exported from here [Egypt]." Nothing undermines the democracy agenda more thoroughly or extends a more welcome invitation to extremists than such hypocrisy.

United States

#164599 Jul 9, 2013
Ben Bagdikian,
Council for a Livable World Education Fund ,
New Media Monopoly, p94
k
The Council for a Livable World Education Fund reports that most U.S. aid is for the military of the recipient nations and that 90 percent of all American foreign aid has gone to the Middle East, with most of that to Israel or regimes like Egypt's, which keep their restive Islamic masses under control.

United States

#164600 Jul 9, 2013
Helen Keller
"

Every modern war has had its root in exploitation. The Civil War was fought to decide whether the slaveholders of the South or the capitalists of the North should exploit the West. The Spanish-American War decided that the United States should exploit Cuba and the Philippines. The South African War decided that the British should exploit the diamond mines. The Russo-Japanese War decided that Japan should exploit Korea. The present war is to decide who shall exploit the Balkans, Turkey, Persia, Egypt, India, China, Africa... And we are whetting our sword to scare the victors into sharing the spoils with us. Now, the workers are not interested in the spoils; they will not get any of them anyway."

An NFL Fan

USA

#164601 Jul 9, 2013
idiot wrote:
Tainted Legacy
with autocratic regimes; if it is justifiably welcome invitation to extremists than such hypocrisy.
Do you actually believe that by dumping that spam, you're somehow covering your low IQ, Somali pirate?

United States

#164602 Jul 9, 2013
GW Bush to Palestinian leader Mahmud Abbas and foreign minister Nabil Shaath in June 2003,
France Presse, 10/6/05

"I'm driven with a mission from God.
"
"God would tell me, George, go and fight those terrorists in Afghanistan."

"And I did, and then God would tell me,'George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq...' And I did."

"'And now, again, I feel God's words coming to me,'Go get the Palestinians their state and get the Israelis their security, and get peace in the Middle East.' And by God I'm gonna do it'," said Shaath.

Abbas, who was also at the meeting in the Egyptian resort of Sharm al-Sheikh, recalled how the president told him: "I have a moral and religious obligation.

"So I will get you a Palestinian state."

United States

#164603 Jul 9, 2013
Chris Hedges, Outsourcing Torture
www.truthdig.com , October 15, 2007

Accounts of American-sponsored torture in Egyptian prisons are not new. They hardly make news. But the close cooperation between Egyptian and American security officials represents a frightening melding of despotisms, an international cabal of state-sponsored brutality and abuse. It does away with the concept of law and human rights. It mocks international protocols and treaties. It permits the despotic states we support, such as Egypt, to veer away from democratic structures and propagate, with our assistance, a more ruthless tyranny and brutality. It enrages and finally empowers those who oppose us to engage in the same behavior. It is dividing the world into competing spheres of intolerance. In this new world order there is nothing left to appeal to other than the mercy of someone standing over you with an electric prod.

United States

#164604 Jul 9, 2013
An NFL Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me again how you began your career as a Somali pirate. Does it offer a dental plan?
Look not a somalian pirate , if you see my screen name i believe in human rights, anti-war...

An NFL Fan

USA

#164605 Jul 9, 2013
idiot wrote:
Chris Hedges, Outsourcing Torture
ng the world into competing spheres of intolerance. In this new world order there is nothing left to appeal to other than the mercy of someone standing over you with an electric prod.
You DO understand that by continuously puking up your copy/pasted spam, you're crushing this thread, don't you, Somali pirate?

Why do you lie and claim to be an American?

United States

#164606 Jul 9, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't fool yourself.
The guy's contributions to the thread far exceed your own.
Or tell us, what have you told us that's of value?
Bad bob hates those who believe in human values... sad fact, he is a disservice for mankind, as these war monger right wing supporters like NFL,!USA!... beleive in war and violence, war-for-profiteering, war investing, war and weapon manufacturers... they don't bebefit human race with their Us war machines,

United States

#164607 Jul 9, 2013
Hillary Clinton on International Law
by Stephen Zunes, December 11, 2007
Foreign Policy in Focus, December 11, 2007

Senator Hillary Clinton has opposed restrictions on U.S. arms transfers and police training to governments that engage in gross and systematic human rights abuses. Indeed, she has supported unconditional U.S. arms transfers and police training to such repressive and autocratic governments as Egypt, Morocco, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Pakistan, Equatorial Guinea, Azerbaijan, Cameroon, Kazakhstan, Chad, just to name a few. She has also refused to join many of her Democratic colleagues in signing a letter endorsing a treaty that would limit arms transfers to countries that engage in a consistent pattern of gross and systematic human rights violations.

... Senator Clinton has refused to support the international treaty to ban land mines, which are responsible for killing and maiming thousands of civilians worldwide, a disproportionate percentage of whom have been children.
She was also among a minority of Democratic Senators to side with the Republican majority last year in voting down a Democratic-sponsored resolution restricting U.S. exports of cluster bombs to countries that use them against civilian-populated areas. Each of these cluster bomb contains hundreds of bomblets that are scattered over an area the size of up to four football fields and, with a failure rate of up to 30%, become de facto land mines. As many as 98% of the casualties caused by these weapons are civilians.

... Senator Clinton co-sponsored a resolution defending the Israeli actions that claimed that they were “necessary steps to provide security to its people by dismantling the terrorist infrastructure in the Palestinian areas.” She opposed UN efforts to investigate alleged war crimes by Israeli occupation forces and criticized President Bush for calling on Israel to pull back from its violent re-conquest of Palestinian cities in violation of UN Security Council

An NFL Fan

USA

#164608 Jul 9, 2013
idiot wrote:
<quoted text>Look I am a proud somalian pirate , if you see my screen name i believe in human excrement for breakfast, war...
You believe in plundering commercial shipping, dumping useless spam, and destroying the English language, Somalian stooge.

United States

#164609 Jul 9, 2013
Clive Stafford Smith, British born lawyer for over fifty detainees in Guantanamo Bay. He is the legal director of the UK charity Reprieve and has defended prisoners on death row for over twenty years.

Clive Stafford Smith
www.democracynow.org/ , May 19, 2008

The United States is currently holding 27,000 secret prisoners around the world... there's a huge number of people being held in Iraq, and one of the intriguing aspects of this that doesn't get much reporting is that the US is bringing people into Iraq from elsewhere to hold them there... when you look around the world, there's a huge camp, Camp Lemonier in Djibouti, where a lot of people are being held. Diego Garcia, contrary to the past analysis of the British government, in the Indian Ocean has been used, in my belief, to hold people. And we've identified thirty-two prison ships, sort of prison hulks you used to read about in Victorian England, which have been converted to hold prisoners, and we've got pictures of them in Lisbon Harbor, for example. And these are holding prisoners around the world, as well. And there's a bunch of proxy prisons-Morocco, Egypt and Jordan-where this stuff is going on.

United States

#164610 Jul 9, 2013
An NFL Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a somalIAN PIRATE! yOU PAraniod is showing again! Did they offer you a Dirty blood money you war monger mass murder NFl Neocon war mongering baboon!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 22 min RiversideRedneck 104,523
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 24 min RiversideRedneck 981,211
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 53 min RiversideRedneck 672,928
Speedway- Have You Purchased a Money order and... (Sep '09) 2 hr Neil1210 28
News Michael Jackson's doctor: 'I told the truth' (Aug '09) 4 hr Pres Mr Donald J ... 392
the BIGGEST "LIE" LAPD's Tom Lange EVER told! 5 hr Pres Mr Donald J ... 2
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 8 hr Holy Child Jehova... 445,843
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 14 hr Rob Ford Sr 286,299
More from around the web