“2016 No Clinton No Bush!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#164500 Jul 7, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, Vietnam started with President Eisenhower, who took the war over when the North Vietnamese defeated the French. It was passed on to Kennedy, who kept it limited to advisors, training the South Vietnamese to fight. Johnson inherited it, and promptly escalated it so American troops were doing most of the fighting. Nixon took over, maintained it until he realized the war was a big loser, and ended our involvement, leaving the South vietnamese government to sink or swim. They sank.
You can start the clock under Truman, since we financed the French war with cash subsidies and arms.

People in this thread sure do seem to be in a charitable mood, btw ... first Miner's attempt to portray Ho as reasonable enough for the U.S. to work with, your description of Nixon as something other than someone who was lying about Vietnam from before his election and never, ever quit.
UiDiotRACEMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#164501 Jul 7, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
Our "boy king" screws up again... for the whole world to see.
"Demonstrators held signs that read "Egypt: A revolution not a coup" and others held signs with an 'X' over President Barack Obama's face. The anti-American sentiment stems from a perception by some that Obama was not supportive of the army's actions to overthrow Morsi."
"Some held signs showing Obama with a beard in an attempt to depict him as a member of the Muslim Brotherhood."
http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/07/07...
U believe in OUR US corporatist faux media too much, blind! Bill Maher the political commenter had made a correct assessment about most Americans, sad fact! SHeeeopples are you! BWHAHHAHAHAA

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#164502 Jul 7, 2013
Great cover version of the original by Lipps, Inc

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#164503 Jul 7, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not a Vietnam vet. I went on active duty in December, 1973, by which time the U.S. had withdrawn virtually all combat troops.
Then I stand corrected on that point. Thanks for setting me straight.

United States

#164504 Jul 7, 2013
UiDiotRACEMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>You not that stupid, like most us Amwricans, JFK is not the head honcho of the establishment and have no power to decidw, as most Presidents are just puppets, behind the Curtian, the US Imperail directive makes decision for country! JFK got assassinated for many reasons, as he irked the US imperial Directive ! Follow the the bloodly money trial. Yea you gonna say it A cONSPIRACY! AS sOME cONSPIRACY ARE NOT theory
ADD That is JFK believe in Peace and withdrawal, not Imperailial directive Manifest Destiny...

United States

#164506 Jul 7, 2013
Planned Parenthood Founder Margaret Sanger. Woman, Morality, and Birth Control. 1922
"
Birth control must lead ultimately to a cleaner race.

====\\

America Eugenic Program on AMericans according to race at home and around the world. EVIL!

Like Bill MAher corrected assessment as Pronounced most our Americans as bastion of dumb , stupid... BWHHAHAHAAA

United States

#164507 Jul 7, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Now that's a face only a mother mole rat could love.
:)
As for cancer cures, there are a lot - few of which are legal in this country. Don't get me started.
And our American Medical industry and Drug Companies are profit takers not healers ... else no business! down south you get a better Chance.

United States

#164508 Jul 7, 2013
America Planned Parenthood Founder Margaret Sanger. Woman, Morality, and Birth Control. 1922
"
Birth control must lead ultimately to a cleaner race.

====\\

America Eugenic Program on AMericans according to race at home and around the world. EVIL US malthusians!

Like Bill MAher made an corrected assessment as Pronounced most our Americans as bastion of dumb , stupid... know not much about the world or evil US agendas - US militaristic Imeralist the bully war mongering mass murderers! EVIL!

United States

#164509 Jul 7, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, Vietnam started with President Eisenhower, who took the war over when the North Vietnamese defeated the French. It was passed on to Kennedy, who kept it limited to advisors, training the South Vietnamese to fight. Johnson inherited it, and promptly escalated it so American troops were doing most of the fighting. Nixon took over, maintained it until he realized the war was a big loser, and ended our involvement, leaving the South vietnamese government to sink or swim. They sank.
basic fact , yet as most AmeriCONs Can't use critical analytical /reasoning skill... what behind the war is not to free . Got what US came for and left Vietnam in shambles, is it not A satanic evil ?

BWHNAHAAAA

“On a sailing ship to nowhere”

Since: Jun 07

Colorado

#164510 Jul 7, 2013
If any of you is in for a movie I highly recommend
The Flowers of War. Hubs and I watched it tonight. We give it 5 stars even with subtitles.

Colorado

#164511 Jul 7, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're the guy who replaced me... I left active duty in 1972.
Thank you for your service and a long overdue, "Welcome Home."

Colorado

#164512 Jul 7, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, we're sticking with walking encyclopedia and Veteran then.
And Willie, thank you for your service (and for your ability as a walking encyclopedia). It must have been a tough time to be in the service with so much animosity aimed at the military.
miner49er

Rupert, WV

#164513 Jul 8, 2013
"Our "boy king" screws up again... for the whole world to see."

Ewww, Bobin, do you want the US to intervene in Egypt?

Do you want the US to support the military coup that deposed the denodraticly elected leader of Egypt?

Just like we did in Iran in 1953?

"The 1953 Iranian coup d'état (known in Iran as the 28 Mordad coup[3]) was the overthrow of the democratically elected government of Iran, and its head of government Prime Minister Mohammad Mosaddegh on 19 August 1953, orchestrated by the United Kingdom (under the name 'Operation Boot') and the United States (under the name TPAJAX Project).[4][5] The coup saw the formation of a military government under Mohammad-Rez&#257; Sh&#257;h Pahlavi, who progressed from a constitutional monarch to an authoritarian one who relied heavily on United States support to hold on to power until his own overthrow in February 1979."

That turned out really well...

Bobin, what do you have against democracy and freedom?

Or do you just have an unreasoning hatred of Obama?

“2016 No Clinton No Bush!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#164514 Jul 8, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
And Willie, thank you for your service (and for your ability as a walking encyclopedia). It must have been a tough time to be in the service with so much animosity aimed at the military.
I didn't experience a whole lot of animosity ... a couple of minor incidents in the first couple of years is all.

I certainly don't think of myself as a walking encyclopedia ... I'm just a guy interested enough in how the U.S. got it so wrong in Vietnam that I've read anything and everything I could get my hands on about it for the last thirty years.

As a matter of fact, I just finished a book by the general who served as the chief intelligence officer for General Westmoreland. I started it last summer, actually, but I got to a paragraph in the book where he attributed part of the reasons for our lack of success to the senior non-commissioned and junior officers (the 1st & 2nd Lieutenants and Captains).

The book kinda went flying across the room at that point, and I couldn't finish it until I cooled down.

Just look at the posts about Vietnam that have appeared here. You have one who is only interested in excoriating post-Kennedy Democratic presidents, another apologist for Kennedy, and one who only wishes to talk about the last of four Presidents to manage our involvement in that "damn little pissant country". In each of those posts there is a certain amount of truth - but not enough to form anything definitive.

It's really easy to read that document by the Kennedy Administration and think "gee, if he'd lived things would have been so different. Easy, that is, if you don't know that absolutely NONE of what he wanted to do was possible in that time frame, and that the team who advised Johnson was the same team advising Kennedy.
miner49er

Rupert, WV

#164515 Jul 8, 2013
"it was also the times these things took place"

That's a classic excuse, used often by the descendants of the slave masters who profited from the labor stolen from African slaves.

These countries still remember the US's involvement and hold us accountable for our military interventions.

To pretend otherwise is sad delusion.

In Iran, we're known as "The Great Satan" for the misery we brought to the people of that country.

"I get the same kind of rankled when Reagan is accused of creating the Mujahadeen/Taliban when in reality Jimmy Carter began arming them."

No doubt, Carter was involved during his last 6 months in office:

"On 3 July 1979, Carter signed a presidential finding authorizing funding for anticommunist guerrillas in Afghanistan.[2] Following the Soviet intervention in Afghanistan in December Operation Storm-333 and installation of a more pro-Soviet president, Babrak Karmal, Carter announced, "The Soviet invasion of Afghanistan is the greatest threat to peace since the Second World War".[10]
President Reagan greatly expanded the program as part of the Reagan Doctrine of aiding anti-Soviet resistance movements abroad. To execute this policy, Reagan deployed CIA Special Activities Division paramilitary officers to equip the Mujihadeen forces against the Red Army."

But as the above quote shows "President Reagan greatly expanded the program as part of the Reagan Doctrine of aiding anti-Soviet resistance movements abroad. To ".

WWW, you may note the common thread of CIA involvement... Iran, Vietnam, Cuba, Afghanistan...

"I have a healthy amount of wishing us to stay out of the domestic squabbles of the world. Now, if we could get the other players to agree to that we would all be able to enjoy life. How do we get them to stay out?"

Pernrider, would you please speak with Bobin, he might be willing to hear your advice...

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#164516 Jul 8, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>You can start the clock under Truman, since we financed the French war with cash subsidies and arms.
People in this thread sure do seem to be in a charitable mood, btw ... first Miner's attempt to portray Ho as reasonable enough for the U.S. to work with, your description of Nixon as something other than someone who was lying about Vietnam from before his election and never, ever quit.
You'll get no arguement with me, Nixon was a screw-up when it came to the Vietnam War, but at least he finally had the sense to get us out... we were only 58,238 dead soldiers too late.

Location hidden

#164517 Jul 8, 2013
miner49er wrote:
"Our "boy king" screws up again... for the whole world to see."
Ewww, Bobin, do you want the US to intervene in Egypt?
The administration already has, that's why the protesters are against barry's administration.
miner49er wrote:
Do you want the US to support the military coup that deposed the denodraticly elected leader of Egypt?
Just like we did in Iran in 1953?
"The 1953 Iranian coup d'état (known in Iran as the 28 Mordad coup[3]) was the overthrow of the democratically elected government of Iran, and its head of government Prime Minister Mohammad Mosaddegh on 19 August 1953, orchestrated by the United Kingdom (under the name 'Operation Boot') and the United States (under the name TPAJAX Project).[4][5] The coup saw the formation of a military government under Mohammad-Rez&#257; Sh&#257;h Pahlavi, who progressed from a constitutional monarch to an authoritarian one who relied heavily on United States support to hold on to power until his own overthrow in February 1979."
That turned out really well...
Let's try this again... Let Allah sort it out!
miner49er wrote:
Bobin, what do you have against democracy and freedom?
Nothing, I love what our Founding Fathers created.
miner49er wrote:
Or do you just have an unreasoning hatred of Obama?
I'll say it again, I love what our Founding Fathers created, obama doesn't. Therefore, I dislike almost everything about this administration's policies, and the man driving them.

I don't hate obama, he's just WRONG for the USA.

Location hidden

#164518 Jul 8, 2013
miner49er wrote:
I have a healthy amount of wishing us to stay out of the domestic squabbles of the world. Now, if we could get the other players to agree to that we would all be able to enjoy life. How do we get them to stay out?"
Finally, you show a spark of common sense.
miner49er

Rupert, WV

#164519 Jul 8, 2013
"Nixon was a screw-up when it came to the Vietnam War, but at least he finally had the sense to get us out... "

Bobin, Nixon prolonged the war by torpedoing Johnson's peace initiative for political advantage over the Democrats... not to mention his unConstitutional war on Cambodia and Laos.
He ignored Congress and the Founding Fathers' Constitution and then lied about it.

Bobin, I still don't understand your position on Egypt...

You fault him because he didn't intervene as the protesters who supported the military-coup wanted?

But then you say: "The administration already has, that's why the protesters are against barry's administration.".

Then it's let Allah sort it out.

What action so you think Obama should have taken in Egypt?

Location hidden

#164520 Jul 8, 2013
miner49er wrote:
Then it's let Allah sort it out.
What action so you think Obama should have taken in Egypt?
How about if he took the same action that he took on 9/11/12 in Benghazi... nothing?

The big difference, of course, in Benghazi, he should have acted to defend American lives, and he didn't. In Egypt, he shouldn't have acted to support Mohamed Morsi, Sharia Law and the Muslim Brotherhood, and he did, when it was none of our business.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 14 min Epiphany2 605,362
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 16 min Religionthebiglie 778,846
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 17 min Kannan 5,528
Moses never existed 39 min Khatru 839
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Tony17 560,588
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr Mandela 119,693
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr onemale 265,482
Straight guys: Would you ever have intercourse ... (Jul '12) 23 hr risque 137
More from around the web