Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#164490 Jul 7, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>In reading your post, I have to wonder a) how much you actually know about Ho, and b) how much you actually know about the post WWII era.
I ask because to naively claim the U.S. COULD have gotten on the right side of a USSR (and Chinese communist) trained revolutionary like Ho, suggests you don't know much about him.

To claim that our decision to aid the French was motivated by neo-colonial economic considerations alone demonstrates a profound lack of knowledge of the postwar period, particularly the track record of other USSR trained revolutionaries like Ho.
There are any number of things to criticize in U.S. policy and actions in Vietnam from 1945 forward, but what you're putting out here isn't even in the ballpark.
Miner, if I were you I'd respect Willie's knowledge of the Vietnam era generally and especially of the war itself. The man is not only a genuine Vietnam veteran himself, but also a walking encyclopedia on the subject. He's an expert. And Pernie is no slouch either.

“2016 No Clinton No Bush!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#164491 Jul 7, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
Miner, if I were you I'd respect Willie's knowledge of the Vietnam era generally and especially of the war itself. The man is not only a genuine Vietnam veteran himself, but also a walking encyclopedia on the subject. He's an expert. And Pernie is no slouch either.
I'm not a Vietnam vet. I went on active duty in December, 1973, by which time the U.S. had withdrawn virtually all combat troops.

“On a sailing ship to nowhere”

Since: Jun 07

Colorado

#164492 Jul 7, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not a Vietnam vet. I went on active duty in December, 1973, by which time the U.S. had withdrawn virtually all combat troops.
Well, we're sticking with walking encyclopedia and Veteran then.

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#164493 Jul 7, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not pro Vietnam War but I get tired of it being portrayed as only Nixon's war. There were two other Presidents involved. Cambodia also didn't start with Nixon but with Johnson. As to whether the war was illegal or legal?
Actually, Vietnam started with President Eisenhower, who took the war over when the North Vietnamese defeated the French. It was passed on to Kennedy, who kept it limited to advisors, training the South Vietnamese to fight. Johnson inherited it, and promptly escalated it so American troops were doing most of the fighting. Nixon took over, maintained it until he realized the war was a big loser, and ended our involvement, leaving the South vietnamese government to sink or swim. They sank.

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#164494 Jul 7, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not a Vietnam vet. I went on active duty in December, 1973, by which time the U.S. had withdrawn virtually all combat troops.
So you're the guy who replaced me... I left active duty in 1972.
UiDiotRACEMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#164495 Jul 7, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>In reading your post, I have to wonder a) how much you actually know about Ho, and b) how much you actually know about the post WWII era.
I ask because to naively claim the U.S. COULD have gotten on the right side of a USSR (and Chinese communist) trained revolutionary like Ho, suggests you don't know much about him.
To claim that our decision to aid the French was motivated by neo-colonial economic considerations alone demonstrates a profound lack of knowledge of the postwar period, particularly the track record of other USSR trained revolutionaries like Ho.
There are any umber of things to criticize in U.S. policy and actions in Vietnam from 1945 forward, but what you're putting out here isn't even in the ballpark.
Interjecting For Minder49. Come on WWW.
Do Tell how US plunder Vietnam's Oil resource and other commodities?
What did Bill MAher said about us Americans?
Know anything about US PNAC agendas, US MAnifest Destiny, USD/OIl Hegemony...
UiDiotRACEMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#164496 Jul 7, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, we're sticking with walking encyclopedia and Veteran then.
I stick to Researching myself , WWW is half correct!

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#164497 Jul 7, 2013
Our "boy king" screws up again... for the whole world to see.

"Demonstrators held signs that read "Egypt: A revolution not a coup" and others held signs with an 'X' over President Barack Obama's face. The anti-American sentiment stems from a perception by some that Obama was not supportive of the army's actions to overthrow Morsi."

"Some held signs showing Obama with a beard in an attempt to depict him as a member of the Muslim Brotherhood."

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/07/07...

“zero nuclear weapons”

Since: Sep 08

Perryville

#164498 Jul 7, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, Vietnam started with President Eisenhower, who took the war over when the North Vietnamese defeated the French. It was passed on to Kennedy, who kept it limited to advisors, training the South Vietnamese to fight. Johnson inherited it, and promptly escalated it so American troops were doing most of the fighting. Nixon took over, maintained it until he realized the war was a big loser, and ended our involvement, leaving the South vietnamese government to sink or swim. They sank.
Presdent Kennedy had the right idea about Vietnam infact there is strong evidence that he wanted a total pullout by 65.

[SECTION] 1: CONCLUSIONS AND RECOMMENDATIONS
B. Recommendations.


We recommend that:
1. General Harkins review with Diem the military changes necessary to complete the military campaign in the Northern and Central areas (I, II, and III Corps) by the end of 1964, and in the Delta (IV Corps) by the end of 1965. This review would consider the need for such changes as:
a. A further shift of military emphasis and strength to the Delta (IV Corps).
b. An increase in the military tempo in all corps areas, so that all combat troops are in the field an average of 20 days out of 30 and static missions are ended.
c. Emphasis on "clear and hold operations" instead of terrain sweeps which have little permanent value.
d. The expansion of personnel in combat units to full authorized strength.
e. The training and arming of hamlet militia to an accelerated rate, especially in the Delta.
f. A consolidation of the strategic hamlet program, especially in the Delta, and action to insure that future strategic hamlets are not built until they can be protected, and until civic action programs can be introduced.

2. A program be established to train Vietnamese so that essential functions now performed by U.S. military personnel can be carried out by Vietnamese by the end of 1965. It should be possible to withdraw the bulk of U.S. personnel by that time.

3. In accordance with the program to train progressively Vietnamese to take over military functions, the Defense Department should announce in the very near future presently prepared plans to withdraw 1000 U.S. military personnel by the end of 1963. This action should be explained in low key as an initial step in a long-term program to replace U.S. personnel with trained Vietnamese without impairment of the war effort.
UiDiotRACEMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#164499 Jul 7, 2013
nebka wrote:
<quoted text>
Presdent Kennedy had the right idea about Vietnam infact there is strong evidence that he wanted a total pullout by 65.
[SECTION] 1: CONCLUSIONS AND RECOMMENDATIONS
B. Recommendations.
We recommend that:
1. General Harkins review with Diem the military changes necessary to complete the military campaign in the Northern and Central areas (I, II, and III Corps) by the end of 1964, and in the Delta (IV Corps) by the end of 1965. This review would consider the need for such changes as:
a. A further shift of military emphasis and strength to the Delta (IV Corps).
b. An increase in the military tempo in all corps areas, so that all combat troops are in the field an average of 20 days out of 30 and static missions are ended.
c. Emphasis on "clear and hold operations" instead of terrain sweeps which have little permanent value.
d. The expansion of personnel in combat units to full authorized strength.
e. The training and arming of hamlet militia to an accelerated rate, especially in the Delta.
f. A consolidation of the strategic hamlet program, especially in the Delta, and action to insure that future strategic hamlets are not built until they can be protected, and until civic action programs can be introduced.
2. A program be established to train Vietnamese so that essential functions now performed by U.S. military personnel can be carried out by Vietnamese by the end of 1965. It should be possible to withdraw the bulk of U.S. personnel by that time.
3. In accordance with the program to train progressively Vietnamese to take over military functions, the Defense Department should announce in the very near future presently prepared plans to withdraw 1000 U.S. military personnel by the end of 1963. This action should be explained in low key as an initial step in a long-term program to replace U.S. personnel with trained Vietnamese without impairment of the war effort.
You not that stupid, like most us Amwricans, JFK is not the head honcho of the establishment and have no power to decidw, as most Presidents are just puppets, behind the Curtian, the US Imperail directive makes decision for country! JFK got assassinated for many reasons, as he irked the US imperial Directive ! Follow the the bloodly money trial. Yea you gonna say it A cONSPIRACY! AS sOME cONSPIRACY ARE NOT theory

“2016 No Clinton No Bush!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#164500 Jul 7, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, Vietnam started with President Eisenhower, who took the war over when the North Vietnamese defeated the French. It was passed on to Kennedy, who kept it limited to advisors, training the South Vietnamese to fight. Johnson inherited it, and promptly escalated it so American troops were doing most of the fighting. Nixon took over, maintained it until he realized the war was a big loser, and ended our involvement, leaving the South vietnamese government to sink or swim. They sank.
You can start the clock under Truman, since we financed the French war with cash subsidies and arms.

People in this thread sure do seem to be in a charitable mood, btw ... first Miner's attempt to portray Ho as reasonable enough for the U.S. to work with, your description of Nixon as something other than someone who was lying about Vietnam from before his election and never, ever quit.
UiDiotRACEMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#164501 Jul 7, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
Our "boy king" screws up again... for the whole world to see.
"Demonstrators held signs that read "Egypt: A revolution not a coup" and others held signs with an 'X' over President Barack Obama's face. The anti-American sentiment stems from a perception by some that Obama was not supportive of the army's actions to overthrow Morsi."
"Some held signs showing Obama with a beard in an attempt to depict him as a member of the Muslim Brotherhood."
http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/07/07...
U believe in OUR US corporatist faux media too much, blind! Bill Maher the political commenter had made a correct assessment about most Americans, sad fact! SHeeeopples are you! BWHAHHAHAHAA

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#164502 Jul 7, 2013
Great cover version of the original by Lipps, Inc

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#164503 Jul 7, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not a Vietnam vet. I went on active duty in December, 1973, by which time the U.S. had withdrawn virtually all combat troops.
Then I stand corrected on that point. Thanks for setting me straight.
UiDiotRACEMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#164504 Jul 7, 2013
UiDiotRACEMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>You not that stupid, like most us Amwricans, JFK is not the head honcho of the establishment and have no power to decidw, as most Presidents are just puppets, behind the Curtian, the US Imperail directive makes decision for country! JFK got assassinated for many reasons, as he irked the US imperial Directive ! Follow the the bloodly money trial. Yea you gonna say it A cONSPIRACY! AS sOME cONSPIRACY ARE NOT theory
ADD That is JFK believe in Peace and withdrawal, not Imperailial directive Manifest Destiny...
UiDiotRACEMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#164506 Jul 7, 2013
Planned Parenthood Founder Margaret Sanger. Woman, Morality, and Birth Control. 1922
"
Birth control must lead ultimately to a cleaner race.

====\\

America Eugenic Program on AMericans according to race at home and around the world. EVIL!

Like Bill MAher corrected assessment as Pronounced most our Americans as bastion of dumb , stupid... BWHHAHAHAAA
UiDiotRACEMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#164507 Jul 7, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Now that's a face only a mother mole rat could love.
:)
As for cancer cures, there are a lot - few of which are legal in this country. Don't get me started.
And our American Medical industry and Drug Companies are profit takers not healers ... else no business! down south you get a better Chance.
UiDiotRACEMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#164508 Jul 7, 2013
America Planned Parenthood Founder Margaret Sanger. Woman, Morality, and Birth Control. 1922
"
Birth control must lead ultimately to a cleaner race.

====\\

America Eugenic Program on AMericans according to race at home and around the world. EVIL US malthusians!

Like Bill MAher made an corrected assessment as Pronounced most our Americans as bastion of dumb , stupid... know not much about the world or evil US agendas - US militaristic Imeralist the bully war mongering mass murderers! EVIL!
UiDiotRACEMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#164509 Jul 7, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, Vietnam started with President Eisenhower, who took the war over when the North Vietnamese defeated the French. It was passed on to Kennedy, who kept it limited to advisors, training the South Vietnamese to fight. Johnson inherited it, and promptly escalated it so American troops were doing most of the fighting. Nixon took over, maintained it until he realized the war was a big loser, and ended our involvement, leaving the South vietnamese government to sink or swim. They sank.
basic fact , yet as most AmeriCONs Can't use critical analytical /reasoning skill... what behind the war is not to free . Got what US came for and left Vietnam in shambles, is it not A satanic evil ?

BWHNAHAAAA

“On a sailing ship to nowhere”

Since: Jun 07

Colorado

#164510 Jul 7, 2013
If any of you is in for a movie I highly recommend
The Flowers of War. Hubs and I watched it tonight. We give it 5 stars even with subtitles.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min ChristineM 795,627
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 24 min Pegasus 267,467
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 31 min Ratloder 120,741
Harver Health Insurance Counter Fraud Group opt... 59 min sibyllaagathe 4
Is Wicca a religion or an Occult? 1 hr Stuart Cudahy 21
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr mike 607,215
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Tony17 568,294
Scientific proof for God's existence 4 hr BenAdam 589
More from around the web