“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#164458 Jul 6, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>

Just tryin' to help educate the youth of America one kid at a time.
So were the Boy Scouts....except for the gay kids.

That's been rectified.

(no pun intended)

:)

“On a sailing ship to nowhere”

Since: Jun 07

Colorado

#164459 Jul 6, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>So were the Boy Scouts....except for the gay kids.
That's been rectified.
(no pun intended)
You are being quite the comedienne today! LOL!!!

“On a sailing ship to nowhere”

Since: Jun 07

Colorado

#164460 Jul 6, 2013
<quoted text>Why are giant rodents 'gross'?
Most rodents, individually, have wonderful personalities.
At least, in my experience, since I've yet to encounter one which was uninvited.
So sheltered, me....
I agree. I have known some sweet and clever domesticated rats. The wild ones are rather sneaky and disgusting. Right now we are being overrun with prarie dogs and squirrels. I am ready to call those Duck Dynasty boys to do some varmit relocation.

Location hidden

#164461 Jul 6, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. I have known some sweet and clever domesticated rats. The wild ones are rather sneaky and disgusting. Right now we are being overrun with prarie dogs and squirrels. I am ready to call those Duck Dynasty boys to do some varmit relocation.
My mom has a peach tree she's been pampering for 14 years, and this year, it finally produced some peaches....the squirrels are in heaven.

She's building a wooden skeleton around the tree, to deter them.
Necessity is the mother of invention....
I wish her good luck...squirrels are also REALLY smart.

Since: Sep 10

United States

#164462 Jul 6, 2013
<quoted text>My mom has a peach tree she's been pampering for 14 years, and this year, it finally produced some peaches....the squirrels are in heaven.
Capybaras are native to my own native territory.

One more thing Lyndi can put me down for (the rat thing?).

BTW: the skin of the capybara is attractive and repels water, and for that reason is prized for ladies' purses.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#164463 Jul 6, 2013
Now for a change of pace.

Me darling hubby and I were shopping at the local Wally World this afternoon. Being Saturday, there were lots of people around. As we passed a magnificent collection of graham crackers, giant marshmallows and Hershey's chocolate bars, I was seized by that overwhelming temptation known to every American girl or woman who was a Girl Scout at any time during the last 45 years :)

"Want to make s'mores?" I asked darling hubby. "What are s'mores?" said he, innocently.

Shocked, I indignantly informed him, "They're only the greatest snack ever invented, a proud accomplishment of the Girl Scouts, U.S.A.!"

"Why would I have heard of them?" Darling hubby replied. "You're the only Girl Scout I've ever had."

I expect the coroner here at any moment.

Location hidden

#164464 Jul 6, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Capybaras are native to my own native territory.
One more thing Lyndi can put me down for (the rat thing?).
BTW: the skin of the capybara is attractive and repels water, and for that reason is prized for ladies' purses.
Stalker alert:

Capybaras are native to the waters of Peru. Other than that, they've been transplanted, mostly by seafarers, who kept them as pets.
As the world's largest rodent, they are the least pervasive transplanted rodent...especially in the United States.

Here, they're mostly in zoos....but they also have a foothold in Florida.

Which is also a zoo. JMO

Location hidden

#164465 Jul 6, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
Now for a change of pace.
Me darling hubby and I were shopping at the local Wally World this afternoon. Being Saturday, there were lots of people around. As we passed a magnificent collection of graham crackers, giant marshmallows and Hershey's chocolate bars, I was seized by that overwhelming temptation known to every American girl or woman who was a Girl Scout at any time during the last 45 years :)
"Want to make s'mores?" I asked darling hubby. "What are s'mores?" said he, innocently.
Shocked, I indignantly informed him, "They're only the greatest snack ever invented, a proud accomplishment of the Girl Scouts, U.S.A.!"
"Why would I have heard of them?" Darling hubby replied. "You're the only Girl Scout I've ever had."
I expect the coroner here at any moment.
Once a Girl Scout, always a Girl Scout.

Living within shouting distance of Camp Scott, now defunct, but formerly in Locust Grove OK, I'm also familiar with dip bags, ditty bags, and latrines.

Boy Scouts aint got a patch on the girls....and we sell more cookies, toooooooooooo.
miner49er

Rupert, WV

#164466 Jul 6, 2013
"Funny how he mentions Nixon's secret war but he conveniently leaves out what China and the Russians were doing in Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos."

You draw a false equivilency here.

Are you saying Russia/China's actions somehow authorized Nixon to ignore the Constitution and conduct wars without Congressional approval?

Fascinating...

"Khmer Rouge leader accepts responsibility for Cambodia's Killing Fields"

Precisely, the "killing fields" were not the US's responsibility

"miner49er wrote:
"Yep and Cambodia fared so much better when the US left Vietnam.""

Nope, miner49er was NOT the author of that sentance, I just quoted it in my reply (note the quotation marks I rmployed).

Other countries killing their citizens is regrettable... But we bear responsibility for thousands of civilian deaths in countries we had no business invading.

Are you revisionists trying to justify the US involvement in Vietnam?

Fascinating...
miner49er

Rupert, WV

#164467 Jul 6, 2013
With the reference to the Khmer Rouge killing fields circa 1975 are you suggesting that America Invaded Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos to prevent Pol Pot from killing civilians?

Amazing, our war on Vietnam began before 1961, and Cambodia was never mentioned as a justification for war.

"Operation 34A (full name, Operational Plan 34A, also known as OPLAN 34Alpha) was a highly-classified U.S. program of covert actions against the Democratic Republic of Vietnam (DRV or North Vietnam), consisting of agent team insertions, aerial reconnaissance missions and naval sabotage operations. "

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_34A

You probably believe that whole Tonkin Gulf BS... it's as bad as Hitler claiming Poles attack on a German Army radio outpost as an excuse to invade Poland.

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#164468 Jul 6, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Catcher is happy and optimistic.
And writing about yourself in third person.

Location hidden

#164469 Jul 6, 2013
<quoted text>My mom has a peach tree she's been pampering for 14 years, and this year, it finally produced some peaches....the squirrels are in heaven.
Squirrels also make for great targets.

Location hidden

#164470 Jul 6, 2013
Hi
miner49er wrote:
"Funny how he mentions Nixon's secret war but he conveniently leaves out what China and the Russians were doing in Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos."
Are you saying Russia/China's actions somehow authorized Nixon to ignore the Constitution and conduct wars without Congressional approval?
Fascinating...
"miner49er wrote:
Nope, miner49er was NOT the author of that sentance, I just quoted it in my reply (note the quotation marks I rmployed).
Other countries killing their citizens is regrettable... But we bear responsibility for thousands of civilian deaths in countries we had no business invading.
Fascinating...
Hint: America isn't Russian....yet.

Location hidden

#164471 Jul 6, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Squirrels also make for great targets.
Fish think bobbins are TERRIFIC targets. Especially laced with (an) old crank.

:// www.youtube.com/watch?v=eorsSj Dr1Ts

Location hidden

#164472 Jul 6, 2013
miner49er wrote:
With the reference to the Khmer Rouge killing fields circa 1975 are you suggesting that America Invaded Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos to prevent Pol Pot from killing civilians?
Amazing, our war on Vietnam began before 1961, and Cambodia was never mentioned as a justification for war.
"Operation 34A (full name, Operational Plan 34A, also known as OPLAN 34Alpha) was a highly-classified U.S. program of covert actions against the Democratic Republic of Vietnam (DRV or North Vietnam), consisting of agent team insertions, aerial reconnaissance missions and naval sabotage operations. "
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_34A
You probably believe that whole Tonkin Gulf BS... it's as bad as Hitler claiming Poles attack on a German Army radio outpost as an excuse to invade Poland.
Some of us...
(oh schneikes..........I've gotten into hot water with that phrase...)

Aren't in favor of stuff which could be construed as "anti-Murican"
when referring to foreign police actions...

Just so you know.
Lost In Transition

United States

#164473 Jul 6, 2013
<quoted text>Why are giant rodents 'gross'?
Most rodents, individually, have wonderful personalities.
At least, in my experience, since I've yet to encounter one which was uninvited.
So sheltered, me....
Here's a beauty:

http://www.bing.com/images/search...

It's a naked mole rat. Recently scientists using them for medical research have found something interesting. They can't get cancer. They've hit them with radiation, drugs, herbicides, pesticides, even direct injections of live cancer cells. Nada. Appears their cells are flush with a long-chain molecule called hyaluronan which cancer proofs them. Scientists believe they may have found the holy grail of preventing cancer, my guess is the likes of Pfizer and Merck see it as a holy headache. We'll see who wins.

Location hidden

#164474 Jul 7, 2013
Lost In Transition wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a beauty:
http://www.bing.com/images/search...
It's a naked mole rat. Recently scientists using them for medical research have found something interesting. They can't get cancer. They've hit them with radiation, drugs, herbicides, pesticides, even direct injections of live cancer cells. Nada. Appears their cells are flush with a long-chain molecule called hyaluronan which cancer proofs them. Scientists believe they may have found the holy grail of preventing cancer, my guess is the likes of Pfizer and Merck see it as a holy headache. We'll see who wins.
Now that's a face only a mother mole rat could love.

As for cancer cures, there are a lot - few of which are legal in this country. Don't get me started.

Location hidden

#164475 Jul 7, 2013
<quoted text>Fish think bobbins are TERRIFIC targets. Especially laced with (an) old crank.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Xgs2u3ZQfX4httpXX://www.youtu be.com/watch?v=eorsSjDr1Ts
You're bringing back old memories... I used to work with a magneto. And yes, they could really light you up!

Location hidden

#164476 Jul 7, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
You're bringing back old memories... I used to work with a magneto. And yes, they could really light you up!
Contrary to popular opinion, I'm occasionally good for something....

“zero nuclear weapons”

Since: Sep 08

Perryville

#164477 Jul 7, 2013
miner49er wrote:
Fascinating...
"miner49er wrote:
Fascinating...
You are forgetting one big thing China and the Russians had leaders that could do anything they wanted. But here in America President Nixon needed to inform members of congress which he never did.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... 3 min MUQ2 235
Why do Women get tattoos when its so ugly! (Sep '11) 4 min Tjunction 53
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min hojo 584,485
News Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 20 min Gas Woman 121,667
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 24 min BenAdam 828,844
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 29 min arul 6,307
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 34 min dollarsbill 3,611
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 43 min AntiqueAnnie 611,841
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 3 hr karl44 442,889
More from around the web