Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

lisw wrote:
<quoted text>I don't have much time to write in here this weekend, but have been skimming the posts before I pass out (from being tired, not drinking :))but I feel the need to address the recent exchange between you a Rudyard (Blackheart) if you knew him from when he first came here, Pern you'd know he's crusty, but also has a heart of gold (contrary to his former moniker Blackheart. I thought it all started as a joke and you joked back and then it just seemed to get out of hand. I hope you both can step back and take a deep breath and try again. I like having you post here, Pern and sure don't want Blackheart to stop.
Amen :)

“On a sailing ship to nowhere”

Since: Jun 07

Colorado

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

lisw wrote:
<quoted text>I don't have much time to write in here this weekend, but have been skimming the posts before I pass out (from being tired, not drinking :))but I feel the need to address the recent exchange between you a Rudyard (Blackheart) if you knew him from when he first came here, Pern you'd know he's crusty, but also has a heart of gold (contrary to his former moniker Blackheart. I thought it all started as a joke and you joked back and then it just seemed to get out of hand. I hope you both can step back and take a deep breath and try again. I like having you post here, Pern and sure don't want Blackheart to stop.
Thanks Lisw. I am not mad. Just stating my position. I also don't hold grudges I just learn to ignore certain posters once it gets to a certain point of no return. We are far from that point. I know he's not all bad.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
It's NOT rat-infested. They're just MICE.
Umm no, pretty sure they're RATS! Some black, some gray,'bout
the size of a Capybara. I'd say avg weight was 125lbs, red eyes,
sharp buck teeth, 2' tails, and the worst part is they won't let me sit in on their dang POKER games. They don't bluff easy, but I think I can take 'em.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

lisw wrote:
My timin' is usually off, but your's is right on the mark. Good post, Lis.

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Labor Participation Rate 63.0%

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
What I was hoping you'd clear up for me is this
Why would God kill firefighters in Arizona to punish the people of Colorado Springs?
Was it that you fid not realize the Prescott fire was not in Colorado?
As I recall, miner is severely "geography challenged".

Since: Sep 10

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
<Possible dup>
And you are another one who simply can't resist this thread of "troglodytes".
By your repeated claims: a graduate of a prestigious law school, accomplished attorney, world traveler, generous philanthropist & contributor, a regular "bon vivant".
Yet you feel compelled to repeatedly lower yourself to posting in this thread, often. What could you possibly hope to accomplish?
Do you think others find your clever one-liners amusing? Or that you hope to teach someone something using your vast knowledge exceptional IQ, and irresistible personality?
Newsflash Mr Toad. Out of the regular, semi-regular, visitors, drive-by Bush bashers, newbies, & trolls, you fare somewhere between newbies & trolls on the respect-o-meter.
George Soros is a rat bastard, along with anyone who "admires" him. Much like Sean Penn,(and other celebs) who cozied up to
commie dictators such as Castro and Hugo Chavez, you are nothing more than an anti-American zealot.
Yer lucky to be living in a country that allows you to have such freedoms (for now). Noting you sure don't seem to be very busy for an accomplished attorney.
BTW, it wasn't an "apology for Soros".
Bon Vivant--I like it.

Mr. Toad--not so much.

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

nrew
miner49er

Webster Springs, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

"I did not then nor have I EVER said that liberals are traitors. I said SOROS is, and I stand by that."

Still no specific action you can cite to show his treasonous conduct?

Remember, treason doesn't include being frightened into submission as a child (Just like Pope Benedict who was in the Hitler Youth at 17).

Now, to my original post about Swanson and Buehner:

"For the purposes of this question, the hypothetical daughter is UNDER 18."

Robbie, you're trying to change the issue.
The conservative christian broadcaster didn't specify children, he was speaking of any unmarried woman.

Of course chlidren are another issue. My daughter is long raised, but I do think parents have a primary right to raise their children.

BUT... Children should also have the right to private, confidential access to licensed professional counselers.

No one loses their Constitution right to privacy just because they're under 18.

No Roberta, the problem is Buehner's statement:

"What that means is that a father who has a daughter, she’s not free, she doesn’t have the feminist independence that we hear so much about to make contracts, to buy drugs, to engage in activities without the father’s consent."

He said "she doesn’t have the feminist independence that we hear so much about to make contracts", he ain't talkin' about a 12 year old, he's talking about unmarried adult women.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
GET THIS STRAIGHT.
I NEVER SAID ANYTHING, ANYTHING AT ALL ABOUT "LIBERALS MANIPULATING THE SYSTEM." I ONLY TALKED ABOUT SOROS.
And it's not a question of my being "loyal" to anyone here. I can assure you that had any of the above gone as far out of line as you have over the last week, I'd be chewing THEM out, too. I am in fact catching up on some overdue business even as we speak.
Do you really think yelling is going to accomplish anything other than making you look foolish?

It certainly isn't going to cause me to apologize for something I didn't do, any more than "Pernie" will apologize for calling BlackHeart a turd.

'liberals manipulating the system' was MY turn of phrase - and I attributed it to 'some of us'....not to 'Roberta G.'

Don't take yourself so seriously - you'll live longer.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>"A military coup in Egypt yesterday (July 3rd, 2013) resulted in the removal and imprisonment of the elected president, Mohamed Morsi, a closure of media outlets sympathetic to him, the house arrest of his advisors, and the suspension of the constitution. The military that overthrew Morsi is the main recipient of the $1.3 billion yearly US aid package to Egypt. You could say that the US 'owns' the Egyptian military that just overthrew its democratically-elected leader. "
And apparently this doesn't merit discussion, on a current events thread.

Fascinating.

Colorado

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Back to the Nutter posts:
http://m.ibtimes.co.uk/boko-haram-baording-sc... #

Islamic militants have killed 29 schoolchildren and a teacher in an attack on a boarding school in northeastern Nigeria.

Survivors told of seeing pupils burned alive in the attack, thought to have been carried out in the early hours of Saturday 6 July by members of the Boko Haram terror group, whose name means "Western education is sacrilege".

Colorado

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

<quoted text>
Fascinating.
I think because no one has any clue what side to take until it becomes apparent who's in charge. Even our own government hasn't declared for either side.

http://m.ibtimes.co.uk/egypt-violence-cairo-a...
Widespread violence is sweeping through Egypt threatening to deepen the crisis in the country as supporters of ousted president Mohamed Morsi remain defiant.

More than 26 people have been killed across Egypt. Since the recent wave of protests began, at least 50 people have been killed. The Muslim Brotherhood said the dead include 17 of its members.

At least a dozen people have been killed in the Mediterranean city of Alexandria and more than 200 injured. Many of them are thought to have been shot dead.

The protests turned violent shortly after Morsi's supporters were reported to have been killed on the outskirts of Cairo.

Colorado

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

<quoted text>
Fascinating.
I did find this on a friend's facebook page and thought it was kind of fun...nerdy but fun. I really like the bobble head and the unicorn on the shelf behind him.

Egypt in a nutshell:
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right! But, I have to say that I have seen "christians" behave pretty badly. I have gotten in a few arguments with them. That is why I have stayed away from the so called "christian" threads. Lots of 'em are pseudo Christians but they are still perceived as Christians.
Lots of nutty malcontents of all stripes here.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

miner49er wrote:
"Yep and Cambodia fared so much better when the US left Vietnam. People die in war,so sorry a foolproof method has not been perfected yet.I notice you ignore the millions spent in Africa to curtail the spread of AIDS. "
Ah yes. conservative Nixon's unConstitutional secret war in Cambodia and Laos, another sad chapter in the history of American Imperialism:
"Operation Menu was the codename of a covert United States Strategic Air Command (SAC) bombing campaign conducted in eastern Cambodia and Laos from 18 March 1969 until 26 May 1970, during the Vietnam War."
"For four years Menu remained unknown to Congress as a whole although as previously mentioned five Congressmen had been informed. That situation changed in December 1972, when Major Knight wrote a letter to Senator William Proxmire (D, WI), asking for "clarification" as to U.S. policy on the bombing of Cambodia. Knight, who had become concerned over the legality[29] of his actions, had complained to his superior officer, Colonel David Patterson. He then received several bad efficiency reports, which ruined his career, and he had been discharged from the Air Force.
According to Air Force historian Captain Earl H. Tilford: "Deception to fool the enemy was one thing, but lying to Congress and key members of the government, including the chief of staff of the Air Force and the secretary of the Air Force, was something else."
"Khmer Rouge fighters and Cambodian civilians: 40,000–150,000 killed"
Yes, we certainly "liberated" SEA.
None of which has jack to do with what occurred in Cambodia when the US withdrew from Vietnam. Or are you a chomskyite killing fields denier ?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
I did find this on a friend's facebook page and thought it was kind of fun...nerdy but fun. I really like the bobble head and the unicorn on the shelf behind him.
Egypt in a nutshell:
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Good link.

Egyptian politics, and this last 'election' sound a heckuva lot like the American version.

: "...so now we have a choice between the Muslim Brotherhood, and the Original regime.....because the independents and progressives aren't allowed to participate in the run-off election...."

IMO, our choices were just as frustrating in our last election.

Colorado

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text>
None of which has jack to do with what occurred in Cambodia when the US withdrew from Vietnam. Or are you a chomskyite killing fields denier ?
His view of history is slightly one sided.

Funny how he mentions Nixon's secret war but he conveniently leaves out what China and the Russians were doing in Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos.

Nor does he mention that Jimmy Carter moved that same Cold War conflict with the Soviets to Afghanistan by sending in arms to the Mujahadeen dragging the Soviets into a Vietnam of their own.

But, it would be too complex to go into that kind of detail

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Umm no, pretty sure they're RATS! Some black, some gray,'bout
the size of a Capybara. I'd say avg weight was 125lbs, red eyes,
sharp buck teeth, 2' tails, and the worst part is they won't let me sit in on their dang POKER games. They don't bluff easy, but I think I can take 'em.
What on earth is a Capybara? Never heard of it before.

Kat and miner--I'll get back to you later.

Colorado

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

<quoted text>Good link.
Egyptian politics, and this last 'election' sound a heckuva lot like the American version.
: "...so now we have a choice between the Muslim Brotherhood, and the Original regime.....because the independents and progressives aren't allowed to participate in the run-off election...."
IMO, our choices were just as frustrating in our last election.
We AGREE! Sometimes it comes down to the lesser of two evils.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
What on earth is a Capybara? Never heard of it before.
Kat and miner--I'll get back to you later.
World's largest rodent. Saw some at the Fresno Zoo long ago.
http://www.rebsig.com/capybara/

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

597 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Last Word + 2 1 min Canine11 225
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 min Stilgar Fifrawi 721,372
Why do BLACK People hate Mexicans so much? (Dec '13) 4 min Johnny 195
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min atemcowboy 532,991
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 5 min gianni atheist infidel 115,340
INSTANT INCOME APP REVIEW : instantincomeapp.com 6 min dess71 1
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 10 min Rosa_Winkel 224,375
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 18 min Dr_Zorderz 256,728
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 3 hr Miki 81
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••