Comments
157,001 - 157,020 of 172,555 Comments Last updated 31 min ago

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#164400
Jul 5, 2013
 
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Roberta and I have had this conversation....sort of. What she recently posted to you, was a very small excerpt from a list she composed at least a month ago, maybe two. Putting up the list of the Koch brothers' favorite and peripheral causes, on the so-called conservative side of the divide, was to no avail. For some of us, only those with a liberal agenda, who manipulate our system, are traitors.

As you can see from the title of the thread, those who claim to have a conservative agenda, though they manipulate the system in the same exact same ways as the 'loony libruls' do,(and often to the same ends) get to be HEROES.
WATCH IT, KAT.

I did not then nor have I EVER said that liberals are traitors. I said SOROS is, and I stand by that.

I DO NOT LIKE BEING MISQUOTED, nor do I like having my words taken out of context and twisted.

Now, I have to go make dinner, or I'd be saying a heckuva lot more. For now, I'll say only: DON'T DO IT AGAIN. I mean it.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#164401
Jul 5, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
WATCH IT, KAT.
I did not then nor have I EVER said that liberals are traitors. I said SOROS is, and I stand by that.
I DO NOT LIKE BEING MISQUOTED, nor do I like having my words taken out of context and twisted.
Now, I have to go make dinner, or I'd be saying a heckuva lot more. For now, I'll say only: DON'T DO IT AGAIN. I mean it.
And what I essentially said, was that you disapprove of Soros (or others) manipulating the system with a liberal agenda. I never said you said 'liberals are traitors'.

I don't like eating someone else's words any better than you do.

But I should have traveled back down the thread to find the original posts, so I could quote you exactly, rather than paraphrasing.

My apologies.

Since: Sep 10

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#164402
Jul 5, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>And what I essentially said, was that you disapprove of Soros (or others) manipulating the system with a liberal agenda. I never said you said 'liberals are traitors'.
I don't like eating someone else's words any better than you do.
But I should have traveled back down the thread to find the original posts, so I could quote you exactly, rather than paraphrasing.
My apologies.
Nah.

Nobody should apologize for George Soros.

Catcher greatly admires the man.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#164403
Jul 5, 2013
 
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I'll tell ya something senor. There have been several regular posters in here over the years that I've strongly disagreed with. In earlier years, I gave most of them an extremely
hard time. But it wasn't so much their ideology that set me off, as it was their choice of wording and their petulance.

We've also been blessed to have several female posters in here who've shown incredible intelligence and knowledge on both politics and current events. That's not meant to be demeaning in any manner. It's only been MY experience at street level to find ladies with much different interests.
Anyway, I don't have much patience with male posters (or other females) trying to bully or denigrate the gals in here. Not that they aren't capable of speaking up for themselves, I can assure you they are. But some of them are often too polite or are simply not looking for a fight, to respond in kind. Conversely, I'm never polite and I'm ALWAYS looking for a fight.

Yeah, you gotta be fairly smart to pass the bar and become a lawyer. I know, my older brother's one. But instead of discussing the issues, yer more interested in corny one-liners, dispensing unsolicited advice, pokin' at Lyndi, and taking cheap shots at the opposition here. Hardly conducive to civilized
exchanges of opinions wouldn't ya say? I believe you'll get much further by being more respectful instead of lookin' down yer nose.
That is, unless you wanna live down here in the rat-infested cellar where I hang out.
It's NOT rat-infested. They're just MICE.

I agree with you, BB. On this thread, if you generally treat others with respect, they will treat you that way in return, REGARDLESS of whether or not they share your opinions. If they disagree with you, they will do so respectfully. This is one of the reasons I've been a regular here for so long.

On the other hand, if you're a rude, abusive, arrogant jerk, and especially if you are one repeatedly, sooner or later you're either gonna get ignored or jumped on, maybe ignored by some and jumped on by others. Quite right, too. Nobody wants to play with a bully, offline or online. So if you want to play, play nice.

DON'T YOU AGREE WITH ME, KAT, BLACKHEART, CATCHER AND MINER?

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#164404
Jul 5, 2013
 
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>And what I essentially said, was that you disapprove of Soros (or others) manipulating the system with a liberal agenda. I never said you said 'liberals are traitors'.

I don't like eating someone else's words any better than you do.
But I should have traveled back down the thread to find the original posts, so I could quote you exactly, rather than paraphrasing.
My apologies.
Oh, didn't you?

Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
Roberta and I have had this conversation....sort of. What she recently posted to you, was a very small excerpt from a list she composed...For some of us, only those with a liberal agenda, who manipulate our system, are traitors.
You've been mean and even downright cruel a couple times over the last week or so. And I know you'd probably say that badbob, Lis, Pernie and Lyndi started it, but they didn't. On the subject of abortion, Lyndi is largely on YOUR side, but you've treated her almost as badly as you have badbob, Lis and Pernie.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#164405
Jul 5, 2013
 
Roberta G wrote:
Miner, are you actually trying to claim that a father DOESN'T have the right to know what his little girl, his flesh and blood, is using drugs or screwing the football team?

For the purposes of this question, the hypothetical daughter is UNDER 18. And would your answer(s) be the same if the parent were the girl's MOTHER instead?
miner49er wrote:
"Miner, as far as I'm concerned, any organization funded by George Soros is highly suspect at best. "
Roberta, are saying Right Wing Watch article was incorrect in it's quotes of Buehner?
What part of their story is "highly suspect"?
What specific actions make George Soros a "traitor"?
You're trying to evade my questions to you above. You think I haven't noticed you haven't answered them? This ain't exactly my first rodeo, buster. When YOU have answered MINE, I will consider answering yours, and not a moment sooner.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#164406
Jul 5, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, didn't you?
<quoted text>
You've been mean and even downright cruel a couple times over the last week or so. And I know you'd probably say that badbob, Lis, Pernie and Lyndi started it, but they didn't. On the subject of abortion, Lyndi is largely on YOUR side, but you've treated her almost as badly as you have badbob, Lis and Pernie.
Do all liberals manipulate the system? If you believe ALL liberals manipulate the system, then I suppose you could infer that I said you said they did, and are traitors.
But I didn't.

And I certainly wouldn't expect you to be disloyal to badbob, lis, pernie, or lyndi.

Have a nice night.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#164407
Jul 5, 2013
 
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's talk nutters:
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/commentary/sel...
Some people just need to be bombed.
Have you ever heard this one, Pernie? I don't remember where I first heard it myself.

"I killed 'im 'cause he needed killin'."

Sounds straight out of "Silverado" or "Gunfight at the OK Corral," doesn't it??

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#164408
Jul 5, 2013
 
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Do all liberals manipulate the system? If you believe ALL liberals manipulate the system, then I suppose you could infer that I said you said they did, and are traitors.
But I didn't.
And I certainly wouldn't expect you to be disloyal to badbob, lis, pernie, or lyndi.
Have a nice night.
GET THIS STRAIGHT.

I NEVER SAID ANYTHING, ANYTHING AT ALL ABOUT "LIBERALS MANIPULATING THE SYSTEM." I ONLY TALKED ABOUT SOROS.

And it's not a question of my being "loyal" to anyone here. I can assure you that had any of the above gone as far out of line as you have over the last week, I'd be chewing THEM out, too. I am in fact catching up on some overdue business even as we speak.

“Take It To The Limit”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#164409
Jul 5, 2013
 
'By my own criteria'? All I've done is speak of what I witness, what I hear coming out of christian mouths, and the actions, or lack of by christians who claim to be 'righteous'.
I've traveled the west coast for thirty years, and of all the christians I've met, only Two were anything like the bible's description of you guys. Both men, one trucker and one guy going to Aspen to ride his snow mobile. Each spoke of his life before christ, and how it changed after, each said that they wouldn't be where they were now (then) and that they were immensely happy. Neither told me how I should live, or that I should become, like them. They spoke kindly and dropped me at good places to hitch hike from, and I think I'll remember both of them the rest of my life.
The rest of y'all, at least the ones I have met, judged me as 'bad' because I didn't have a job, didn't go to church, and didn't drop down and kiss their christian ass for giving me a ride.
Now some are thinking that I must be a bad person because I hitch hike. Well, I've hitch hiked over three hundred thousand miles, and of the hundreds and hundreds of rides I've gotten, all but a very few were happy to have met me. I'm well-read, up on current events, can carry a conversation, if only to keep the driver awake until he gets where he is going, and I have a wild sense of humor. I can tell stories for hours about my life, what happened during other trips, my childhood, and a bunch of other things. I'm only 'not nice' when some uptight christian thinks they can 'get my goat' and tries to be funny while doing so. It's then when everybody knows what I mean when I say I'm an asshole. I pull no punches, and I don't apologise when someone else starts the fight.Win, lose, or draw. ya takes yer lumps.
Character assassination only works when a body feels that they have something to 'protect' I don't care what anyone thinks of me. I've already been stomped into the ground by christians, and know every one of their dirty tricks, and they don't work anymore. Oh, this started on one of my posts, sure. But I didn't mention any names, just said everybody was constipated because of the previous argument. pernie began with the calling me a piece of shit. she can deny it all she wants, but her post shows exactly what she meant. then that pussy bobin had to chime in, and here we are. Wanna fight? Lets go.
I'll move when you move.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#164410
Jul 5, 2013
 
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>As you can see from the title of the thread, those who claim to have a conservative agenda, though they manipulate the system in the same exact same ways as the 'loony libruls' do,(and often to the same ends) get to be HEROES.
Why do you hang around in here, Shovelface?

Ya waved bye bye several months ago, sayin' "enjoy your thread", then change your ID to sneak back in. Why?

You MUST have better things to do, got married not too long ago.
I don't get it.

It's readily apparent you'd rather see how many people you can irritate in here, than go make a life for yourself and your spouse.

“On a sailing ship to nowhere”

Since: Jun 07

Colorado

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#164411
Jul 5, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Rudyard Kiplingesque wrote:
<quoted text>
semantics. you think you're clever with your dodge, but the line and it's inference was obvious even to minor, I'm sure.
I didn't dodge. I just didn't call you what you called yourself. I merely said I had "flushed your twin" you can infer all you like but you truly have no idea what was flushed. Based on the post you wrote, the one I was responding to, it was reasonable to infer it but not an absolute. For you to get all butt hurt over something is stupid and I am not buying your whiny baby attitude.
Rudyard Kiplingesque wrote:
<quoted text>
Also, I've never told anyone, or even alluded to the idea that I (Underline that) am a 'nice guy, or a good person, or anything like that. In Fact, I've told everyone that I had the least consideration for, that I am an asshole. True then, and true now.
If you're really that big of an a$$hole then you really better drop the whiny baby attitude 'cause you're looking rather pathetic.
Rudyard Kiplingesque wrote:
<quoted text>
If you want to talk about 'self righteous', look in the mirror. all you christians think that you have an inside track to getting to your 'heaven', when your own bible says that only about one tenth of one percent will actually make it.
I don't have a clue where you got that information about 1/10th but you seem to make lots of crap up and get upset when someone calls you out on it.
Rudyard Kiplingesque wrote:
<quoted text>
You all take your gods name in vain,
God's name in vain? I am sure it happens quite often but I am not sure what you mean by this.
Rudyard Kiplingesque wrote:
<quoted text>
pass judgement on others, work on your sabbath,
No one judges me harder than I judge myself. I judge other's behavior all the time. I also judge my own. You see it is not about not judging others but about using the same measure to judge myself.
As for the Sabbath, I do not think you understand what the Sabbath means. It is not a day it's our whole life. It means I have ceased from the work of trying to be "good enough" and admitted that I cannot work my way into heaven. There is only One good enough and He alone makes it possible for me to stand the judgment. If it is up to me then even Mother Teresa is not good enough. God does not judge me by how I measure up to other humans (and even that is futile) He judges me and all of us, by how we measure up to Jesus. None of us stands a chance. He judges every word I say, every thing I think, every action I do. I cannot stand up to that scrutiny. That's why Jesus died for me.
Rudyard Kiplingesque wrote:
<quoted text>
and a thousand other things that your bible says you shouldn't do, and yet you think your god is going to welcome you with open arms. And NONE of you is anywhere close to being as 'kind' as you think you are. You look down on the poor, steer clear of the oppressed, only go to your church on sunday, and put god out of your mind the rest of the week. You skimp on your tithes, rail against your taxes (give unto caesar...) and would rather 'save' an animal than a human being.{/QUOTE]
Guilty as charged. Who of us can stand? Only Christ Jesus. No mortal, not even the best, can claim to be perfect.
[QUOTE who="Rudyard Kiplingesque"]<quoted text>
Yep. The things you christians do in his name probably makes your god sick to his stomach.
Fortunately for me and you,
"For God so loved the world, that He gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life."
"Now to the one who works, wages are not credited as a gift but as an obligation. However, to the one who does not work but trusts God who justifies the ungodly, their faith is credited as righteousness."
"You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly... God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."

“On a sailing ship to nowhere”

Since: Jun 07

Colorado

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#164412
Jul 5, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Rudyard Kiplingesque wrote:
'By my own criteria'? All I've done is speak of what I witness, what I hear coming out of christian mouths, and the actions, or lack of by christians who claim to be 'righteous'.
I've traveled the west coast for thirty years, and of all the christians I've met, only Two were anything like the bible's description of you guys. Both men, one trucker and one guy going to Aspen to ride his snow mobile. Each spoke of his life before christ, and how it changed after, each said that they wouldn't be where they were now (then) and that they were immensely happy. Neither told me how I should live, or that I should become, like them. They spoke kindly and dropped me at good places to hitch hike from, and I think I'll remember both of them the rest of my life.
The rest of y'all, at least the ones I have met, judged me as 'bad' because I didn't have a job, didn't go to church, and didn't drop down and kiss their christian ass for giving me a ride.
Now some are thinking that I must be a bad person because I hitch hike. Well, I've hitch hiked over three hundred thousand miles, and of the hundreds and hundreds of rides I've gotten, all but a very few were happy to have met me. I'm well-read, up on current events, can carry a conversation, if only to keep the driver awake until he gets where he is going, and I have a wild sense of humor. I can tell stories for hours about my life, what happened during other trips, my childhood, and a bunch of other things. I'm only 'not nice' when some uptight christian thinks they can 'get my goat' and tries to be funny while doing so. It's then when everybody knows what I mean when I say I'm an asshole. I pull no punches, and I don't apologise when someone else starts the fight.Win, lose, or draw. ya takes yer lumps.
Character assassination only works when a body feels that they have something to 'protect' I don't care what anyone thinks of me. I've already been stomped into the ground by christians, and know every one of their dirty tricks, and they don't work anymore. Oh, this started on one of my posts, sure. But I didn't mention any names, just said everybody was constipated because of the previous argument. pernie began with the calling me a piece of shit. she can deny it all she wants, but her post shows exactly what she meant. then that pussy bobin had to chime in, and here we are. Wanna fight? Lets go.
I'll move when you move.
You have a whole lot of self esteem issues going there. Only you can fix that one. Topix is not the place. So you hitchhike. Big fat woop. No one is judging you for hitchhiking or for not going to church. I don't care how you live your life. I will respond to your posts and if they are rude then it's coming right back at you.
This is not a mental health facility and it is not a Christian thread. And I will tell you now, if you can't figure it out, sympathy is not one of my greatest strengths.
You want to use people's religion in your favor so you can punch and not get punched back. Well, I won't be guilted by you as to how to live my "religion". Life is hard on everybody. My life is hard and has been hard. Not going to whine about it. No one wants to hear my sob story or about who has judged me and why, and I am full well aware of it. That's why I have friends to give me counsel.
I feel bad for you but I have found that sympathy doesn't seem to help anybody. It only gives them permission to continue on the path of misery they have chosen.
Live your life, don't expect me to applaud and don't expect me to condemn. And if I don't like you, it is not because of how you live your life, it is because you are annoying.

“On a sailing ship to nowhere”

Since: Jun 07

Colorado

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#164414
Jul 5, 2013
 
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever heard this one, Pernie? I don't remember where I first heard it myself.
"I killed 'im 'cause he needed killin'."
Sounds straight out of "Silverado" or "Gunfight at the OK Corral," doesn't it??
It does!
Or that part from True Lies:

Helen: "Have you ever killed anyone?"
Harry: "Yeah, but they were all bad."

Here's one that fits both of those quotes:

A jealous husband is facing life in prison after chopping off his wife's fingers because she began studying for a degree without his permission.
Rafiqul Islam, 30, blindfolded his wife Hawa Akhter, 21, and taped her mouth, telling her he was going to give her a surprise present.
Instead he made her hold out her hand and cut off all five fingers. One of his relatives then threw Ms Akhter's fingers in the dustbin to ensure doctors could not reattach them.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-20754...
Follow us:@MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

“On a sailing ship to nowhere”

Since: Jun 07

Colorado

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#164415
Jul 5, 2013
 
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah.
Nobody should apologize for George Soros.
Catcher greatly admires the man.
http://sweetness-light.com/archive/george-sor...

KROFT:(Voiceover) And you watched lots of people get shipped off to the death camps.

Mr. SOROS: Right. I was 14 years old. And I would say that that's when my character was made.

KROFT: In what way?

Mr. SOROS: That one should think ahead. One should understand and–and anticipate events and when–when one is threatened. It was a tremendous threat of evil. I mean, it was a–a very personal experience of evil.

KROFT: My understanding is that you went out with this protector of yours who swore that you were his adopted godson.

Mr. SOROS: Yes. Yes.

KROFT: Went out, in fact, and helped in the confiscation of property from the Jews.

Mr. SOROS: Yes. That's right. Yes.

KROFT: I mean, that's–that sounds like an experience that would send lots of people to the psychiatric couch for many, many years. Was it difficult?

Mr. SOROS: Not–not at all. Not at all. Maybe as a child you don't–you don't see the connection. But it was–it created no–no problem at all.

KROFT: No feeling of guilt?

Mr. SOROS: No.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#164416
Jul 5, 2013
 

Judged:

3

1

1

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah.
Nobody should apologize for George Soros.
Catcher greatly admires the man.
<Possible dup>
And you are another one who simply can't resist this thread of "troglodytes".

By your repeated claims: a graduate of a prestigious law school, accomplished attorney, world traveler, generous philanthropist & contributor, a regular "bon vivant".

Yet you feel compelled to repeatedly lower yourself to posting in this thread, often. What could you possibly hope to accomplish?

Do you think others find your clever one-liners amusing? Or that you hope to teach someone something using your vast knowledge exceptional IQ, and irresistible personality?

Newsflash Mr Toad. Out of the regular, semi-regular, visitors, drive-by Bush bashers, newbies, & trolls, you fare somewhere between newbies & trolls on the respect-o-meter.

George Soros is a rat bastard, along with anyone who "admires" him. Much like Sean Penn,(and other celebs) who cozied up to
commie dictators such as Castro and Hugo Chavez, you are nothing more than an anti-American zealot.

Yer lucky to be living in a country that allows you to have such freedoms (for now). Noting you sure don't seem to be very busy for an accomplished attorney.

BTW, it wasn't an "apology for Soros".

“On a sailing ship to nowhere”

Since: Jun 07

Colorado

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#164417
Jul 5, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

We are having one heck of an economic recover under our current President.

only 47% of Americans have a full-time job and those who don't are finding it increasingly out of reach.
Of the 144 million Americans employed last month, only 116 million were working full-time. Friday's report showed that 58.7% of the civilian adult population of 245 million was working last month. Only 47% of Americans, however, had a full-time job.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/...

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#164418
Jul 5, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Rudyard Kiplingesque wrote:
The only Judgement I made in my last post was that 'pernie' was a christian. The rest was observation.
I still don't see how calling someone a piece of shit is humorous. Must be a christian thing.

Blow it out your texas hole, bobin. Your momma did it with you.

No Bobbi, I was not drunk, just making an observation of christian mores. I said MOST christians. Didn't mean you, but that's slicing it fine, so I understand your feelings on the subject.
You think so? I was honestly hoping you'd say you HAD been drinking, because then I could have found some excuse for those posts.

Blackheart, I know you were very deeply hurt by religious people when you were younger, but (understandably) you don't distinguish between the LDS and MAINSTREAM Christians and Christianity. They are NOT the same, not the people and certainly not the theology.

But that's really beside the point. You DID begin the shit thing. Pernie, in her post, was simply following your lead, and she did it in a way which was both humorous AND a lot more graceful than yours. And that's not even mentioning the fact that that entire post read like you were just waiting for an excuse to bash Christians. Frankly, I was very hurt. In case you hadn't heard, Blackheart, even we Christians, flawed, imperfect, sometimes very un-Christlike as we all are--we DO have feelings.

I'm NOT trying to proselytize here, Blackheart, but rest assured there's not a Christian out there who has never had a deeply wounding experience at church and/or from people at the church, and that includes both myself and my husband.** Believe me, we know what it is to be hurt by people of faith whom we looked up to and thought we could trust. As I said, we do have feelings. So please bear that in mind the next time you feel like denigrating the Christians on this thread, and DON'T blame Christ for the imperfections and sins of Christians. We love Christ and we go to church because we KNOW we're sinners and we need His help to do better.

**Around a year ago, the deacon at our church, during a Bible study, asked if anyone was present who had never been hurt by a church or people at church, to raise their hands. Among about two dozen people there, not a single hand was raised.
lisw

Wilmington, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#164419
Jul 5, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a whole lot of self esteem issues going there. Only you can fix that one. Topix is not the place. So you hitchhike. Big fat woop. No one is judging you for hitchhiking or for not going to church. I don't care how you live your life. I will respond to your posts and if they are rude then it's coming right back at you.
This is not a mental health facility and it is not a Christian thread. And I will tell you now, if you can't figure it out, sympathy is not one of my greatest strengths.
You want to use people's religion in your favor so you can punch and not get punched back. Well, I won't be guilted by you as to how to live my "religion". Life is hard on everybody. My life is hard and has been hard. Not going to whine about it. No one wants to hear my sob story or about who has judged me and why, and I am full well aware of it. That's why I have friends to give me counsel.
I feel bad for you but I have found that sympathy doesn't seem to help anybody. It only gives them permission to continue on the path of misery they have chosen.
Live your life, don't expect me to applaud and don't expect me to condemn. And if I don't like you, it is not because of how you live your life, it is because you are annoying.
I don't have much time to write in here this weekend, but have been skimming the posts before I pass out (from being tired, not drinking :))but I feel the need to address the recent exchange between you a Rudyard (Blackheart) if you knew him from when he first came here, Pern you'd know he's crusty, but also has a heart of gold (contrary to his former moniker Blackheart. I thought it all started as a joke and you joked back and then it just seemed to get out of hand. I hope you both can step back and take a deep breath and try again. I like having you post here, Pern and sure don't want Blackheart to stop.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#164420
Jul 5, 2013
 
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
http://sweetness-light.com/archive/george-sor...
KROFT:(Voiceover) And you watched lots of people get shipped off to the death camps.
Mr. SOROS: Right. I was 14 years old. And I would say that that's when my character was made.
KROFT: In what way?
Mr. SOROS: That one should think ahead. One should understand and–and anticipate events and when–when one is threatened. It was a tremendous threat of evil. I mean, it was a–a very personal experience of evil.

KROFT: My understanding is that you went out with this protector of yours who swore that you were his adopted godson.
Mr. SOROS: Yes. Yes.
KROFT: Went out, in fact, and helped in the confiscation of property from the Jews.
Mr. SOROS: Yes. That's right. Yes.
KROFT: I mean, that's–that sounds like an experience that would send lots of people to the psychiatric couch for many, many years. Was it difficult?

Mr. SOROS: Not–not at all. Not at all. Maybe as a child you don't–you don't see the connection. But it was–it created no–no problem at all.
KROFT: No feeling of guilt?
Mr. SOROS: No.
Boy, does THIS explain a lot :s The man has had no conscience since at least the age of fourteen. Maybe he never had one at all--some people don't. Either way, thanks for posting this, Pernie. It more or less confirms something I've long suspected.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

582 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 min WasteWater 256,988
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min RoSesz 533,625
Are their any older women looking for teen boys... (Aug '13) 8 min Anon 37
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min lightbeamrider 722,226
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 11 min Holy dr Shrink 599,127
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 19 min CAYLIPS017 115,645
00971569470225 Body to body massage in Abudhabi 19 min hoti 37
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 1 hr rahx 124
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••