“On a sailing ship to nowhere”

Since: Jun 07

Colorado

#164206 Jul 3, 2013
miner49er wrote:
Pernrider (in name only), he's not a nutter, just a soldier fighting an enemy soldier.
The attacker didn't harm civilians, he stayed to explain his actions and offer a fair warning: "“We swear by the Almighty Allah we will never stop fighting you until you leave us alone.… We must fight them as they fight us, an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth,” the man declaims".
Hey, the Brits invaded Afghanistan 3 times and got their butts kicked 3 times, whadda expect?
Keep smacking the hornet's nest and you will get stung...
Let's not leave out Russia invading Afghanistan or that Jimmy Carter started the funding of the Mujahadeen.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#164207 Jul 3, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Whoa, hold up there shovelface.
The scroll button is more for annoying trolls such as Global Idiot, rather than off-topic discussions DOMINATING a particular thread.
Yes most everyone including me, get (or have gotten) off-topic in here on occasion. When that happens, maybe a page or so has a few related replies. The only other off-topic subject coming close to DOMINATING this thread is Bible Study. I disagree with that also.
I believe prolonged off-topic discussions should be moved to the appropriate venue.
So (IMO), you should've taken this topic to an ABORTION thread at least 24 hours ago, where XX number of "interested" posters would've had a chance to write THEIR opinions. That move alone increases the odds of more people for or against your position.
It also returns this thread to politics and current events,
instead of people from around the world possibly tuning in here, and then logging out thinking they landed on the wrong thread.
Having said all that, there is NO guarantee this thread, once back to being on topic, will be a beehive of activity. To which I say, irrelevant!
Aww...come on now, bob. I didn't start this conversation. The original topic was low information Congresscritters. I just provided an example, and bobinTX grabbed hold and took off running with it.
Take it up with him.
Besides, there've been 'a lot' of other discussions going on...we've had posts about Mike Huckabee, Gay NBA players, Obama’s failed negotiations with the NFL, Filpino versus Thai food, Tolerance-Paula Deen-and Chick-fil-a, Harvard Medical School, The Fourth of July, and the appalling lack of courtesy running around loose...heck, we've even had an English lesson.

Lighten up.
And good morning to you too, bob.
miner49er

Smoot, WV

#164208 Jul 3, 2013
Pernie, that hasn't worked so far, a quick look at the facts offers a reality check:

"Invaders in the history of Afghanistan include Alexander the Great, Genghis Khan, Timur, the Mughal Empire, Russian Tsars, the British Empire (twice), the Soviet Union, and currently a coalition force of NATO troops, the majority of which are from the United States, following the US-led invasion which began on October 7, 2001, Operation Enduring Freedom."

Even mighty Soviet Russia withdrew after 10 years of bloodshed.

Don't you know American troops are being slaughtered to secure the pipeline routes for Big Energy companies?

"The Trans-Afghanistan Pipeline (also known as Turkmenistan–Afghanistan–Pakis tan–India Pipeline, TAP or TAPI) is a proposed natural gas pipeline being developed by the Asian Development Bank.[1][2][3] The pipeline will transport Caspian Sea natural gas from Turkmenistan through Afghanistan into Pakistan and then to India."

"At the end of 1990s, the American Unocal Corporation considered in addition to the Trans-Afghanistan Gas Pipeline building also a 1,000 miles (1,600 km) long 1,000,000 barrels per day (~5.0×10^7 t/a) oil pipeline to link Türkmenabat (former Chardzou), Turkmenistan to Pakistan's Arabian Sea Coast. Through the Omsk (Russia)– Pavlodar (Kasakhstan)– Shymkent – Türkmenabat pipeline, it would provide a possible alternative export route for regional oil production from the Caspian Sea. The pipeline was expected to cost US$2.5 billion. However, due to political and security instability, this project was dismissed."

American should stop bombing the Muslim countries and withdraw our occupation forces now.

Colorado

#164209 Jul 3, 2013
miner49er wrote:
Pernrider (in name only), he's not a nutter, just a soldier fighting an enemy soldier.
The attacker didn't harm civilians, he stayed to explain his actions and offer a fair warning: "“We swear by the Almighty Allah we will never stop fighting you until you leave us alone.… We must fight them as they fight us, an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth,” the man declaims".
Hey, the Brits invaded Afghanistan 3 times and got their butts kicked 3 times, whadda expect?
Keep smacking the hornet's nest and you will get stung...
Ah, this begs the question (I am assuming you are talking about the man who sawed off the head of the off duty British soldier), where was the man from who did the deed?

Colorado

#164210 Jul 3, 2013
Nasty and Brown wrote:
Yeah Bush is a hero indeed.
I mean, if you are a fanatical Christian nutter, Zionist nutter (Jewish or otherwise), an anti-Arab racist, war profiteer, or generally enjoy watching people get killed and bombed to death, then yes he is a hero.
Let's talk nutters:
An Islamic group shot dead a Syrian 14-year-old boy in front of his parents for blasphemy after overhearing him say he 'wouldn't even give the Prophet a free coffee.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-23393...
Follow us:@MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#164211 Jul 3, 2013
Obama's Failed "Side" Show

Michael Goodwin
July 03, 2013

"The brilliant author and journalist Midge Decter coined a line to live by.“You’ve got to join the side you’re on,” she has said. On the anniversary of American independence, all of us, especially our president, would do well to follow her advice.

Decter’s observation, which grew out of her disillusionment with modern liberalism, is relevant in our era of spreading global disorder. History is unfolding in rapid fashion in the volatile Mideast, yet the only consistency in American policy is hesitation, followed by vacillation.

From Afghanistan to Iran to Egypt to Libya to Syria and now back to Egypt again, President Obama has resembled a weather vane. Over and over again, he waits to see which way the wind is blowing, then races to get ahead of the storm.

When it changes direction, he does, too. If he had been top dog in Philadelphia in the summer of 1776, American independence would have died waiting.

The president’s problem is that he can’t decide whose side he’s on. The lack of a perfect social order, as he defines it, leads him into paralysis and dead ends, such as the one in Libya, where aides boasted he was “leading from behind.” When Syria’s butcher crossed Obama’s “red line” by using chemical weapons, the president’s fumbling response was that of a lawyer looking for a loophole.

His belated decision to send small arms to some Syrian rebels means he aims to delay defeat instead of going for victory. It’s a pattern he follows around the globe, even when it involves our troops in Afghanistan. Confused by imperfection and lacking principled clarity about America’s interests, he can’t bring himself to join a side.

Obama is lost because the real world is too messy for his utopian dreams. And his compass is distorted by the need for self-aggrandizement.

The first clear example came in 2009. When brave Iranians took on their thuggish masters, Obama was shamefully silent. His aim was to negotiate a deal with nuke-loving theocrats, and he treated millions of Iranian protesters as so many distractions to his plan. He got no deal and the opposition movement was crushed.

When Egyptians challenged Hosni Mubarak in 2011, Obama made the opposite mistake. Although Mubarak was an ally who had helped keep the peace for 30 years, Obama called for him to leave and sided with demonstrators, despite many warnings that the Muslim Brotherhood would gain the most.

Now, a year later, he’s straddling the fence in Egypt, unsure of whom to back as a possible civil war emerges. It is not a sign of success that both sides accuse us of being with the other.
These issues are not simple. If they were, they would be solved before they got to the president’s desk.

But Obama made a hash of foreign policy because his worldview is so warped and his experience so limited. His starting point, that America needed to apologize for its arrogance, reflects a naivete about history and human nature.

He also picked a lousy time to favor neo-isolationism and a break-the-bank spending spree at home. The result is that our leadership role abroad is being replaced with Islamists, despots and opportunists, none of whom can or want to provide the infrastructure of stability.

American Exceptionalism has been a blessing and a burden on this great nation. From our founding, we recognized ourselves as different, and that belief gradually conferred a special duty to the world.

We now have a president who, more often than not, rejects the very notion of American Exceptionalism. In effect, he has not joined the side he’s on. Unless he embraces America’s unique role, and does it soon, his mistake will become the world’s tragedy."
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#164212 Jul 3, 2013
Happy 4th of July, everyone!
I'm off on an adventure - See you when I get back.

Colorado

#164213 Jul 3, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
Happy 4th of July, everyone!
I'm off on an adventure - See you when I get back.
Rule #1 Have tons of fun
Rule #2 Make sure your hair, makeup and nails look awesome
Rule #3 Don't die
Rule #4 Don't harm any animals in the making of any video footage and if you do, hide the evidence.

Colorado

#164214 Jul 3, 2013
miner49er wrote:
Pernie, that hasn't worked so far, a quick look at the facts offers a reality check:
"Invaders in the history of Afghanistan include Alexander the Great, Genghis Khan, Timur, the Mughal Empire, Russian Tsars, the British Empire (twice), the Soviet Union, and currently a coalition force of NATO troops, the majority of which are from the United States, following the US-led invasion which began on October 7, 2001, Operation Enduring Freedom."
Even mighty Soviet Russia withdrew after 10 years of bloodshed.
Don't you know American troops are being slaughtered to secure the pipeline routes for Big Energy companies?
"The Trans-Afghanistan Pipeline (also known as Turkmenistan–Afghanistan–Pakis tan–India Pipeline, TAP or TAPI) is a proposed natural gas pipeline being developed by the Asian Development Bank.[1][2][3] The pipeline will transport Caspian Sea natural gas from Turkmenistan through Afghanistan into Pakistan and then to India."
"At the end of 1990s, the American Unocal Corporation considered in addition to the Trans-Afghanistan Gas Pipeline building also a 1,000 miles (1,600 km) long 1,000,000 barrels per day (~5.0×10^7 t/a) oil pipeline to link Türkmenabat (former Chardzou), Turkmenistan to Pakistan's Arabian Sea Coast. Through the Omsk (Russia)– Pavlodar (Kasakhstan)– Shymkent – Türkmenabat pipeline, it would provide a possible alternative export route for regional oil production from the Caspian Sea. The pipeline was expected to cost US$2.5 billion. However, due to political and security instability, this project was dismissed."
American should stop bombing the Muslim countries and withdraw our occupation forces now.
I don't disagree with you regarding us getting out of Afghanistan. We should not be there. Unfortunately this President decided to escalate what was already a bad idea. Now the whole ME is on fire.

And yes, I realize that much of what we do is to secure oil from these countries.
If we opened the gates to more drilling here at home it would save the lives of American troops and bring them home. Those ME countries don't want us to do that. They play this game on both sides of the dividing line. It ain't just Big Oil, it's the financial lifeblood of the ME.
miner49er

Smoot, WV

#164215 Jul 3, 2013
Lyndi, the editorial was just empty speech.

You want Obama to intervene in Syria, but not Egypt, Iran but not Palestine, etc.

There's no consistancy to your position.

"American Exceptionalism" is just doublespeak for American Imperialism.

And where was your peotest when Bush/Cheney/Rumsfeld started their War of Lies that left 116,000 Iraqi civilians dead?
lisw

Sardinia, OH

#164216 Jul 3, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>I'm hard to like because I don't like you. And one of these days, you'll write 'a lot' correctly - but I'll probably be dead by then. You can throw a party, and have a big banner:
"Sister Kathryn: We loathed her a lot"
Something to look forward to.
:)
I don't loathe you, I just have tried to like you then and I tried to like you now.
Kind of petty to throw in grammar mistakes, that's an example of why it's hard. I'll quit trying. Some things just ain't going to happen.
lisw

Sardinia, OH

#164217 Jul 3, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's talk Benghazi
I wish we could. To me it is the "real" scandal. I believe that the others were craftily let out for the sake of losing Benghazi in the mess.
lisw

Sardinia, OH

#164218 Jul 3, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't disagree with you regarding us getting out of Afghanistan. We should not be there. Unfortunately this President decided to escalate what was already a bad idea. Now the whole ME is on fire.
And yes, I realize that much of what we do is to secure oil from these countries.
If we opened the gates to more drilling here at home it would save the lives of American troops and bring them home. Those ME countries don't want us to do that. They play this game on both sides of the dividing line. It ain't just Big Oil, it's the financial lifeblood of the ME.
It is that, but what is sad is that the people of the middle east can't get fuel while they sit on lots of it. They were the ones that opted not to build refineries and ship it here. So the despots get rich but the people remain poor. I think the best thing we can do for ourselves and the middle east is to drill here, quit buying there, and they will have to find a way to use their most abundant resource that benefits their population. Why our politicians are not as smart as we are, I will never understand.

Colorado

#164219 Jul 3, 2013
miner49er wrote:
Lyndi, the editorial was just empty speech.
You want Obama to intervene in Syria, but not Egypt, Iran but not Palestine, etc.
There's no consistancy to your position.
"American Exceptionalism" is just doublespeak for American Imperialism.
And where was your peotest when Bush/Cheney/Rumsfeld started their War of Lies that left 116,000 Iraqi civilians dead?
Let's not start with Bush/Cheney...it started Long long long before that.

No to Syria. Let them kill each other. We'll deal with whoever wins. The US interference is nothing new to the ME. All of Europe has done it since the first Crusade. Now, I'd say their attempt to make Europe a Muslim Caliphate through continual warfare might have had a bit to do with it... but, just a bit. Shout out to the Gates of Vienna!

Colorado

#164220 Jul 3, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>I wish we could. To me it is the "real" scandal. I believe that the others were craftily let out for the sake of losing Benghazi in the mess.
Lisw, this thing is so dirty and I think so big it may just eventually come out. And yes, I think you're right in regards to other scandals being leaked in order to allow time to cover the crime that was Benghazi.

Colorado

#164221 Jul 3, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>It is that, but what is sad is that the people of the middle east can't get fuel while they sit on lots of it. They were the ones that opted not to build refineries and ship it here. So the despots get rich but the people remain poor. I think the best thing we can do for ourselves and the middle east is to drill here, quit buying there, and they will have to find a way to use their most abundant resource that benefits their population. Why our politicians are not as smart as we are, I will never understand.
You know, Willie is good for some things, and I am so glad he posted these a few days ago:
Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.- Mark Twain, a Biography

All Congresses and Parliaments have a kindly feeling for idiots, and a compassion for them, on account of personal experience and heredity.- Mark Twain's Autobiography; also in Mark Twain in Eruption
miner49er

Smoot, WV

#164222 Jul 3, 2013
Pern, here again is the inconsistencey:

The editorial you posted scolded Obama for his meager support for the Syrian rebels:

"His belated decision to send small arms to some Syrian rebels means he aims to delay defeat instead of going for victory. "

So Obama should be "going for victory", fully supporting the rebels.

Then you post:

"No to Syria. Let them kill each other. We'll deal with whoever wins.".

Pernie, that's the same view your editorial accused Obama of employing.

Colorado

#164223 Jul 3, 2013
miner49er wrote:
The editorial you posted scolded Obama for his meager support for the Syrian rebels:
"His belated decision to send small arms to some Syrian rebels means he aims to delay defeat instead of going for victory. "
Then you post:
The only reason I posted that article was because it was talking about the beheading of the Syrian priest. I do not support the gov in regards to arming Syrian rebels.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#164224 Jul 3, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Aww...come on now, bob. I didn't start this conversation. The original topic was low information Congresscritters. I just provided an example, and bobinTX grabbed hold and took off running with it.
Take it up with him.
Besides, there've been 'a lot' of other discussions going on...we've had posts about Mike Huckabee, Gay NBA players, Obama’s failed negotiations with the NFL, Filpino versus Thai food, Tolerance-Paula Deen-and Chick-fil-a, Harvard Medical School, The Fourth of July, and the appalling lack of courtesy running around loose...heck, we've even had an English lesson.
Lighten up.
And good morning to you too, bob.
Bullscat! NONE of yer A-list of off-topics dominated the thread like the abortion issue (or Bible Study 101).

Doesn't matter who STARTED the runaway train. Once it gets a certain distance down the track, it's time to reroute the d@mn thing.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#164225 Jul 3, 2013
miner49er wrote:
Then you post:
One of the things that happen when you REVOLT against posting with the reply button is that you lose track of who said what to whom.

Lyndi posted the lengthy letter, not Pernrider. Stubborn jacka$$!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 6 min WasteWater 96,444
Too many Asians in California which makes it suck (Mar '12) 6 min Aikifreak 95
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 8 min lil whispers 602,819
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 11 min scaritual 753,715
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 29 min Aikifreak 37,352
why are mexican men are small and ugly??? (May '07) 33 min Musicislife 171
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 43 min Oxbow 550,917
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Charlie Sheen 262,083
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 3 hr girls united states 173

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE