|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

lisw wrote:
<quoted text>I think you're confused about the left and the right. That explains alot, mainly why you are so hard to like.
I'm hard to like because I don't like you. And one of these days, you'll write 'a lot' correctly - but I'll probably be dead by then. You can throw a party, and have a big banner:

"Sister Kathryn: We loathed her a lot"

Something to look forward to.

:)

“On a sailing ship to nowhere”

Since: Jun 07

Colorado

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Nasty and Brown wrote:
Yeah Bush is a hero indeed.
I mean, if you are a fanatical Christian nutter, Zionist nutter (Jewish or otherwise), an anti-Arab racist, war profiteer, or generally enjoy watching people get killed and bombed to death, then yes he is a hero.
Let's talk nutters:
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/commentary/sel...

Some people just need to be bombed.

Colorado

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
I've noticed with few exceptions, that most canucks, from Thunder Bay to Montreal are narrow-minded, liberal Bush-haters. And like our Pacific NW, they also have pockets of robots in BC, mostly Vancouver area.
Course, one cannot expect much from a nation spoon-fed solely by the CBC.
The conservative Canucks all migrate down here. Lot's of them in Colorado.
They almost had their Boston Marathon moment:
http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2013/07/02...

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Chris Clearwater wrote:
The price of electricity in the United States for May was 13.1 cents per kilowatt hour (KWH), which is the highest it has been on record for that month, according to data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), which tracks the price going all the way back to 1984.- See more at: http://cnsnews.com/news/article/electricity-p...
Oh boy! With the war on coal you can bet it only goes up. Thank a lib.
Woe is you.

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Labor Participation Rate 63.0%

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

miner49er wrote:
Chris, here in the WV we're all too familiar with the War on Coalfields Residents being waged by the coal companies.
Toxic slurry spills, acid mine drainage, selenium discharges, overloaded coal trucks tearing up the roads and causing accidents, coal operators violating contracts cutting benefits and retirement for disabled workers and their widows, power plant lung-busting emissions causing COPD, etc.
Chris, I understand that in your location of "Clearwater and Honolulu" you may not know the true cost of coal but here in Appalachia we're paying a high price as King Coal destroys God's beautiful Creation in order to run your air conditioning as you watch cable TV and sip your drinks with little umbrellas...
Maybe you should stop electing Democrats. They don't seem capable of passing proper safety legislation for WV's citizens.
miner49er

Smoot, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Pernrider (in name only), he's not a nutter, just a soldier fighting an enemy soldier.

The attacker didn't harm civilians, he stayed to explain his actions and offer a fair warning: "“We swear by the Almighty Allah we will never stop fighting you until you leave us alone.… We must fight them as they fight us, an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth,” the man declaims".

Hey, the Brits invaded Afghanistan 3 times and got their butts kicked 3 times, whadda expect?

Keep smacking the hornet's nest and you will get stung...

Colorado

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

miner49er wrote:
Chris, here in the WV we're all too familiar with the War on Coalfields Residents being waged by the coal companies.
Toxic slurry spills, acid mine drainage, selenium discharges, overloaded coal trucks tearing up the roads and causing accidents, coal operators violating contracts cutting benefits and retirement for disabled workers and their widows, power plant lung-busting emissions causing COPD, etc.
Chris, I understand that in your location of "Clearwater and Honolulu" you may not know the true cost of coal but here in Appalachia we're paying a high price as King Coal destroys God's beautiful Creation in order to run your air conditioning as you watch cable TV and sip your drinks with little umbrellas...
Those disabled workers, widows, and miner49ers are really going to be well off when the coal mines shut down and the companies go completely out of business. That'll show those big nasty coal companies just who means business.(Colorado is also a coal state).

Colorado

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

miner49er wrote:
Pernrider (in name only), he's not a nutter, just a soldier fighting an enemy soldier.
The attacker didn't harm civilians, he stayed to explain his actions and offer a fair warning: "“We swear by the Almighty Allah we will never stop fighting you until you leave us alone.… We must fight them as they fight us, an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth,” the man declaims".
Hey, the Brits invaded Afghanistan 3 times and got their butts kicked 3 times, whadda expect?
That hornet's nets is on the move and has been for centuries. While I prefer to let them all kill themselves and stay out of their way, there are times when it is better to take a flame thrower to the nest before they can fly away.

Colorado

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

miner49er wrote:
Let's not leave out Russia invading Afghanistan or that Jimmy Carter started the funding of the Mujahadeen.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Whoa, hold up there shovelface.
The scroll button is more for annoying trolls such as Global Idiot, rather than off-topic discussions DOMINATING a particular thread.
Yes most everyone including me, get (or have gotten) off-topic in here on occasion. When that happens, maybe a page or so has a few related replies. The only other off-topic subject coming close to DOMINATING this thread is Bible Study. I disagree with that also.
I believe prolonged off-topic discussions should be moved to the appropriate venue.
So (IMO), you should've taken this topic to an ABORTION thread at least 24 hours ago, where XX number of "interested" posters would've had a chance to write THEIR opinions. That move alone increases the odds of more people for or against your position.
It also returns this thread to politics and current events,
instead of people from around the world possibly tuning in here, and then logging out thinking they landed on the wrong thread.
Having said all that, there is NO guarantee this thread, once back to being on topic, will be a beehive of activity. To which I say, irrelevant!
Aww...come on now, bob. I didn't start this conversation. The original topic was low information Congresscritters. I just provided an example, and bobinTX grabbed hold and took off running with it.
Take it up with him.
Besides, there've been 'a lot' of other discussions going on...we've had posts about Mike Huckabee, Gay NBA players, Obama’s failed negotiations with the NFL, Filpino versus Thai food, Tolerance-Paula Deen-and Chick-fil-a, Harvard Medical School, The Fourth of July, and the appalling lack of courtesy running around loose...heck, we've even had an English lesson.

Lighten up.
And good morning to you too, bob.
miner49er

Smoot, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Pernie, that hasn't worked so far, a quick look at the facts offers a reality check:

"Invaders in the history of Afghanistan include Alexander the Great, Genghis Khan, Timur, the Mughal Empire, Russian Tsars, the British Empire (twice), the Soviet Union, and currently a coalition force of NATO troops, the majority of which are from the United States, following the US-led invasion which began on October 7, 2001, Operation Enduring Freedom."

Even mighty Soviet Russia withdrew after 10 years of bloodshed.

Don't you know American troops are being slaughtered to secure the pipeline routes for Big Energy companies?

"The Trans-Afghanistan Pipeline (also known as Turkmenistan–Afghanistan–Pakis tan–India Pipeline, TAP or TAPI) is a proposed natural gas pipeline being developed by the Asian Development Bank.[1][2][3] The pipeline will transport Caspian Sea natural gas from Turkmenistan through Afghanistan into Pakistan and then to India."

"At the end of 1990s, the American Unocal Corporation considered in addition to the Trans-Afghanistan Gas Pipeline building also a 1,000 miles (1,600 km) long 1,000,000 barrels per day (~5.0×10^7 t/a) oil pipeline to link Türkmenabat (former Chardzou), Turkmenistan to Pakistan's Arabian Sea Coast. Through the Omsk (Russia)– Pavlodar (Kasakhstan)– Shymkent – Türkmenabat pipeline, it would provide a possible alternative export route for regional oil production from the Caspian Sea. The pipeline was expected to cost US$2.5 billion. However, due to political and security instability, this project was dismissed."

American should stop bombing the Muslim countries and withdraw our occupation forces now.

Colorado

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

miner49er wrote:
Ah, this begs the question (I am assuming you are talking about the man who sawed off the head of the off duty British soldier), where was the man from who did the deed?

Colorado

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Nasty and Brown wrote:
Yeah Bush is a hero indeed.
I mean, if you are a fanatical Christian nutter, Zionist nutter (Jewish or otherwise), an anti-Arab racist, war profiteer, or generally enjoy watching people get killed and bombed to death, then yes he is a hero.
Let's talk nutters:
An Islamic group shot dead a Syrian 14-year-old boy in front of his parents for blasphemy after overhearing him say he 'wouldn't even give the Prophet a free coffee.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-23393...
Follow us:@MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Obama's Failed "Side" Show

Michael Goodwin
July 03, 2013

"The brilliant author and journalist Midge Decter coined a line to live by.“You’ve got to join the side you’re on,” she has said. On the anniversary of American independence, all of us, especially our president, would do well to follow her advice.

Decter’s observation, which grew out of her disillusionment with modern liberalism, is relevant in our era of spreading global disorder. History is unfolding in rapid fashion in the volatile Mideast, yet the only consistency in American policy is hesitation, followed by vacillation.

From Afghanistan to Iran to Egypt to Libya to Syria and now back to Egypt again, President Obama has resembled a weather vane. Over and over again, he waits to see which way the wind is blowing, then races to get ahead of the storm.

When it changes direction, he does, too. If he had been top dog in Philadelphia in the summer of 1776, American independence would have died waiting.

The president’s problem is that he can’t decide whose side he’s on. The lack of a perfect social order, as he defines it, leads him into paralysis and dead ends, such as the one in Libya, where aides boasted he was “leading from behind.” When Syria’s butcher crossed Obama’s “red line” by using chemical weapons, the president’s fumbling response was that of a lawyer looking for a loophole.

His belated decision to send small arms to some Syrian rebels means he aims to delay defeat instead of going for victory. It’s a pattern he follows around the globe, even when it involves our troops in Afghanistan. Confused by imperfection and lacking principled clarity about America’s interests, he can’t bring himself to join a side.

Obama is lost because the real world is too messy for his utopian dreams. And his compass is distorted by the need for self-aggrandizement.

The first clear example came in 2009. When brave Iranians took on their thuggish masters, Obama was shamefully silent. His aim was to negotiate a deal with nuke-loving theocrats, and he treated millions of Iranian protesters as so many distractions to his plan. He got no deal and the opposition movement was crushed.

When Egyptians challenged Hosni Mubarak in 2011, Obama made the opposite mistake. Although Mubarak was an ally who had helped keep the peace for 30 years, Obama called for him to leave and sided with demonstrators, despite many warnings that the Muslim Brotherhood would gain the most.

Now, a year later, he’s straddling the fence in Egypt, unsure of whom to back as a possible civil war emerges. It is not a sign of success that both sides accuse us of being with the other.
These issues are not simple. If they were, they would be solved before they got to the president’s desk.

But Obama made a hash of foreign policy because his worldview is so warped and his experience so limited. His starting point, that America needed to apologize for its arrogance, reflects a naivete about history and human nature.

He also picked a lousy time to favor neo-isolationism and a break-the-bank spending spree at home. The result is that our leadership role abroad is being replaced with Islamists, despots and opportunists, none of whom can or want to provide the infrastructure of stability.

American Exceptionalism has been a blessing and a burden on this great nation. From our founding, we recognized ourselves as different, and that belief gradually conferred a special duty to the world.

We now have a president who, more often than not, rejects the very notion of American Exceptionalism. In effect, he has not joined the side he’s on. Unless he embraces America’s unique role, and does it soon, his mistake will become the world’s tragedy."
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Happy 4th of July, everyone!
I'm off on an adventure - See you when I get back.

Colorado

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Lyndi wrote:
Happy 4th of July, everyone!
I'm off on an adventure - See you when I get back.
Rule #1 Have tons of fun
Rule #2 Make sure your hair, makeup and nails look awesome
Rule #3 Don't die
Rule #4 Don't harm any animals in the making of any video footage and if you do, hide the evidence.

Colorado

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

miner49er wrote:
Pernie, that hasn't worked so far, a quick look at the facts offers a reality check:
"Invaders in the history of Afghanistan include Alexander the Great, Genghis Khan, Timur, the Mughal Empire, Russian Tsars, the British Empire (twice), the Soviet Union, and currently a coalition force of NATO troops, the majority of which are from the United States, following the US-led invasion which began on October 7, 2001, Operation Enduring Freedom."
Even mighty Soviet Russia withdrew after 10 years of bloodshed.
Don't you know American troops are being slaughtered to secure the pipeline routes for Big Energy companies?
"The Trans-Afghanistan Pipeline (also known as Turkmenistan–Afghanistan–Pakis tan–India Pipeline, TAP or TAPI) is a proposed natural gas pipeline being developed by the Asian Development Bank.[1][2][3] The pipeline will transport Caspian Sea natural gas from Turkmenistan through Afghanistan into Pakistan and then to India."
"At the end of 1990s, the American Unocal Corporation considered in addition to the Trans-Afghanistan Gas Pipeline building also a 1,000 miles (1,600 km) long 1,000,000 barrels per day (~5.0×10^7 t/a) oil pipeline to link Türkmenabat (former Chardzou), Turkmenistan to Pakistan's Arabian Sea Coast. Through the Omsk (Russia)– Pavlodar (Kasakhstan)– Shymkent – Türkmenabat pipeline, it would provide a possible alternative export route for regional oil production from the Caspian Sea. The pipeline was expected to cost US$2.5 billion. However, due to political and security instability, this project was dismissed."
American should stop bombing the Muslim countries and withdraw our occupation forces now.
I don't disagree with you regarding us getting out of Afghanistan. We should not be there. Unfortunately this President decided to escalate what was already a bad idea. Now the whole ME is on fire.

And yes, I realize that much of what we do is to secure oil from these countries.
If we opened the gates to more drilling here at home it would save the lives of American troops and bring them home. Those ME countries don't want us to do that. They play this game on both sides of the dividing line. It ain't just Big Oil, it's the financial lifeblood of the ME.
miner49er

Smoot, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Lyndi, the editorial was just empty speech.

You want Obama to intervene in Syria, but not Egypt, Iran but not Palestine, etc.

There's no consistancy to your position.

"American Exceptionalism" is just doublespeak for American Imperialism.

And where was your peotest when Bush/Cheney/Rumsfeld started their War of Lies that left 116,000 Iraqi civilians dead?
lisw

Sardinia, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>I'm hard to like because I don't like you. And one of these days, you'll write 'a lot' correctly - but I'll probably be dead by then. You can throw a party, and have a big banner:
"Sister Kathryn: We loathed her a lot"
Something to look forward to.
:)
I don't loathe you, I just have tried to like you then and I tried to like you now.
Kind of petty to throw in grammar mistakes, that's an example of why it's hard. I'll quit trying. Some things just ain't going to happen.
lisw

Sardinia, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's talk Benghazi
I wish we could. To me it is the "real" scandal. I believe that the others were craftily let out for the sake of losing Benghazi in the mess.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

304 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
How to recover whatsapp deleted messages (Jun '13) 9 min diggyblack 14
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min Rosa_Winkel 729,213
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 12 min ChristineM 225,516
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 18 min AussieBobby 259,010
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 26 min Falcon 646
Should Black People in the USA Leave America an... (May '13) 56 min Johnny 524
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 1 hr shyam 854
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr guest 536,752
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 2 hr NFL Fanny 117,682