Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#164182 Jul 2, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Whoa, hold up there shovelface.
The scroll button is more for annoying trolls such as Global Idiot, rather than off-topic discussions DOMINATING a particular thread.
Yes most everyone including me, get (or have gotten) off-topic in here on occasion. When that happens, maybe a page or so has a few related replies. The only other off-topic subject coming close to DOMINATING this thread is Bible Study. I disagree with that also.
I believe prolonged off-topic discussions should be moved to the appropriate venue.
So (IMO), you should've taken this topic to an ABORTION thread at least 24 hours ago, where XX number of "interested" posters would've had a chance to write THEIR opinions. That move alone increases the odds of more people for or against your position.
It also returns this thread to politics and current events,
instead of people from around the world possibly tuning in here, and then logging out thinking they landed on the wrong thread.
Having said all that, there is NO guarantee this thread, once back to being on topic, will be a beehive of activity. To which I say, irrelevant!
I never thought I would ever agree with you on anything, bad bob, but I'm totally with you on this one.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#164183 Jul 2, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think both sides have to agree on who Jesus is to realize that abortion is murder. There are Atheists who believe abortion is murder. Jesus was very political but not regarding the politics of today as we would recognize them. He went after the religious leaders of the Jews because that was the government of the His day.

The more science reveals the baby in the womb the more convinced people become that it is a human life and intentionally taking that innocent life is murder. Unless you believe that taking a human life is not murder and is perfectly okay. Then I guess we'd be at an impasse.
Excellent post, Pernie.

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#164184 Jul 2, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>I have two things to say to this:
1) Since our last few conversations, I've read the text of this bill, and other than the items mentioned below, I find little else with which to disagree.
And 2) I stand corrected about my other reservations and assertions about this bill, such as that stillbirth, profound compromise of the fetus, and permanent damage to physical health of the mother are not covered adequately: They are.
Having said all that, I would have the following problems with this bill being law in Oklahoma...
Most, if not all, abortion clinics are funded by private donations, and many do not have the wherewithal to 'upgrade' to all the standards required of 'surgicenters' which must be equipped to offer several different procedures.
Abortions, after all, are surgery. Why should women be subjected to lesser standards than most surgical centers? Why should anybody be subjected to "Gosnell" clinics?
The bill would require any physician performing an abortion to have full privileges at local hospitals (which are given at the discretion of the hospital, and can't be mandated). Individual surgeons, with their own surgical practices, but without hospital privileges, would no longer be able to perform the procedure.
I believe that's singular, not plural. Physicians must have operating privileges at least ONE hospital within a 30 mile radius of the clinic... just in case things don't go as expected.
The bill would also require medical abortions (involving medication rather than surgery) to be administered and monitored by a physician AT such a surgicenter, the cost of which would be beyond the financial means, and thus could restrict access to a legal abortion, for around 32% of women in Texas.
Can you say "Affordable Healthcare Act"?
The bill makes specific exclusion of prospective damage to a woman's psychological health, from the list of circumstances which constitute the ability to have an legal abortion - regardless of the stage of gestation.
Just as it should be. "Psychological health" is what leads to women using abortion as birth control, and a 66% termination rate of pregnancies. Late term abortions should only be when a woman's PHYSICAL health is in danger.

With today's technology, at five months, the child is viable, and Texas has chosen to protect that life, as well as the mother's. I believe you think Texas is taking away the woman's right to choice, they're not, they're simply requiring that she make that choice in the first five months, and not after it becomes viable.

I know you're probably going to have a hard time believing this, but I am adamantly pro-choice... but only in the earlier stages of pregnancy.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#164186 Jul 2, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's talk Benghazi
Mary, Benghazi may be just one of a series of blunders that ObamaCo will get away with, either scott free, or with little consequence. The worst part is that HIS envoy and 3 other brave men actually died needlessly, and their families (and friends) will NEVER know the truth, because no one in his admin. has the spine to admit to any mistake(s). And he's being assisted free of charge by his doting and loving media.

Meanwhile ObamaCo continues to stonewall on Benghazi, on the AP-Rosen mistake, on the IRS "scandal", on the NSA collection and storage mega-facility somewhere in Ghostville, Utah, and God knows what else. No one will be held accountable because it's waaaaay
so much more crucial to keep Obama's "image" untarnished.

And that lends itself to maintaining the integrity of the Democratic Party so that they can continue to control Washington, the Pentagon, Wall Street and the American Poplace.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#164187 Jul 2, 2013
Nasty and Brown wrote:
Yeah Bush is a hero indeed.
I mean, if you are a fanatical Christian nutter, Zionist nutter (Jewish or otherwise), an anti-Arab racist, war profiteer, or generally enjoy watching people get killed and bombed to death, then yes he is a hero.
However, if you are a decent person who actually cares about other people- and are not some war-crazed 9/11 obsessed nutter- than you probably hate that white trash Christian bastard "Dubya".
I'm glad I have a very good Canadian friend. I'd hate to think you were a typical Canadian, although I'm not sure you're even human.

Location hidden

#164188 Jul 2, 2013
<quoted text>Interesting.
Most of the posters here, with some exceptions, often display little respect for others - a few with more regularity than I - yet I'm the one you call out for it.
I suspect this has something to do with how frequently you agree with the others, as opposed to how frequently you disagree with me.
Why am I not surprised?
Some of us are simply above reproach.
:)

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#164189 Jul 2, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I never thought I would ever agree with you on anything, bad bob, but I'm totally with you on this one.
Well I'll tell ya something senor. There have been several regular posters in here over the years that I've strongly disagreed with. In earlier years, I gave most of them an extremely
hard time. But it wasn't so much their ideology that set me off, as it was their choice of wording and their petulance.

We've also been blessed to have several female posters in here who've shown incredible intelligence and knowledge on both politics and current events. That's not meant to be demeaning in any manner. It's only been MY experience at street level to find ladies with much different interests.

Anyway, I don't have much patience with male posters (or other females) trying to bully or denigrate the gals in here. Not that they aren't capable of speaking up for themselves, I can assure you they are. But some of them are often too polite or are simply not looking for a fight, to respond in kind. Conversely, I'm never polite and I'm ALWAYS looking for a fight.

Yeah, you gotta be fairly smart to pass the bar and become a lawyer. I know, my older brother's one. But instead of discussing the issues, yer more interested in corny one-liners, dispensing unsolicited advice, pokin' at Lyndi, and taking cheap shots at the opposition here. Hardly conducive to civilized
exchanges of opinions wouldn't ya say? I believe you'll get much further by being more respectful instead of lookin' down yer nose.

That is, unless you wanna live down here in the rat-infested cellar where I hang out.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#164190 Jul 2, 2013
Nasty and Brown wrote:
I mean, if you are a fanatical Christian nutter, Zionist nutter (Jewish or otherwise), an anti-Arab racist, war profiteer, or generally enjoy watching people get killed and bombed to death, then yes he is a hero.
However, if you are a decent person who actually cares about other people- and are not some war-crazed 9/11 obsessed nutter- than you probably hate that white trash Christian bastard "Dubya".
And If you'd bothered to do ANY reading prior to shootin' off yer keyboard, you'd have discovered this thread has moved on to "Obama" & "Current Events" more than 3 years ago.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#164191 Jul 2, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm glad I have a very good Canadian friend. I'd hate to think you were a typical Canadian, although I'm not sure you're even human.
I've noticed with few exceptions, that most canucks, from Thunder Bay to Montreal are narrow-minded, liberal Bush-haters. And like our Pacific NW, they also have pockets of robots in BC, mostly Vancouver area.

Course, one cannot expect much from a nation spoon-fed solely by the CBC.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater and Honolulu

#164192 Jul 3, 2013
The price of electricity in the United States for May was 13.1 cents per kilowatt hour (KWH), which is the highest it has been on record for that month, according to data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), which tracks the price going all the way back to 1984.- See more at: http://cnsnews.com/news/article/electricity-p...

Oh boy! With the war on coal you can bet it only goes up. Thank a lib.
miner49er

Oakvale, WV

#164194 Jul 3, 2013
Chris, here in the WV we're all too familiar with the War on Coalfields Residents being waged by the coal companies.

Toxic slurry spills, acid mine drainage, selenium discharges, overloaded coal trucks tearing up the roads and causing accidents, coal operators violating contracts cutting benefits and retirement for disabled workers and their widows, power plant lung-busting emissions causing COPD, etc.

Chris, I understand that in your location of "Clearwater and Honolulu" you may not know the true cost of coal but here in Appalachia we're paying a high price as King Coal destroys God's beautiful Creation in order to run your air conditioning as you watch cable TV and sip your drinks with little umbrellas...

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#164195 Jul 3, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>I think you're confused about the left and the right. That explains alot, mainly why you are so hard to like.
I'm hard to like because I don't like you. And one of these days, you'll write 'a lot' correctly - but I'll probably be dead by then. You can throw a party, and have a big banner:

"Sister Kathryn: We loathed her a lot"

Something to look forward to.

:)

“On a sailing ship to nowhere”

Since: Jun 07

Colorado

#164196 Jul 3, 2013
Nasty and Brown wrote:
Let's talk nutters:
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/commentary/sel...

Some people just need to be bombed.

Colorado

#164197 Jul 3, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
I've noticed with few exceptions, that most canucks, from Thunder Bay to Montreal are narrow-minded, liberal Bush-haters. And like our Pacific NW, they also have pockets of robots in BC, mostly Vancouver area.
Course, one cannot expect much from a nation spoon-fed solely by the CBC.
The conservative Canucks all migrate down here. Lot's of them in Colorado.
They almost had their Boston Marathon moment:
http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2013/07/02...

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#164198 Jul 3, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
The price of electricity in the United States for May was 13.1 cents per kilowatt hour (KWH), which is the highest it has been on record for that month, according to data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), which tracks the price going all the way back to 1984.- See more at: http://cnsnews.com/news/article/electricity-p...
Oh boy! With the war on coal you can bet it only goes up. Thank a lib.
Woe is you.

Location hidden

#164200 Jul 3, 2013
miner49er wrote:
Chris, here in the WV we're all too familiar with the War on Coalfields Residents being waged by the coal companies.
Toxic slurry spills, acid mine drainage, selenium discharges, overloaded coal trucks tearing up the roads and causing accidents, coal operators violating contracts cutting benefits and retirement for disabled workers and their widows, power plant lung-busting emissions causing COPD, etc.
Chris, I understand that in your location of "Clearwater and Honolulu" you may not know the true cost of coal but here in Appalachia we're paying a high price as King Coal destroys God's beautiful Creation in order to run your air conditioning as you watch cable TV and sip your drinks with little umbrellas...
Maybe you should stop electing Democrats. They don't seem capable of passing proper safety legislation for WV's citizens.
miner49er

Smoot, WV

#164202 Jul 3, 2013
Pernrider (in name only), he's not a nutter, just a soldier fighting an enemy soldier.

The attacker didn't harm civilians, he stayed to explain his actions and offer a fair warning: "“We swear by the Almighty Allah we will never stop fighting you until you leave us alone.… We must fight them as they fight us, an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth,” the man declaims".

Hey, the Brits invaded Afghanistan 3 times and got their butts kicked 3 times, whadda expect?

Keep smacking the hornet's nest and you will get stung...

Colorado

#164203 Jul 3, 2013
miner49er wrote:
Those disabled workers, widows, and miner49ers are really going to be well off when the coal mines shut down and the companies go completely out of business. That'll show those big nasty coal companies just who means business.(Colorado is also a coal state).

Colorado

#164205 Jul 3, 2013
miner49er wrote:
Pernrider (in name only), he's not a nutter, just a soldier fighting an enemy soldier.
The attacker didn't harm civilians, he stayed to explain his actions and offer a fair warning: "“We swear by the Almighty Allah we will never stop fighting you until you leave us alone.… We must fight them as they fight us, an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth,” the man declaims".
Hey, the Brits invaded Afghanistan 3 times and got their butts kicked 3 times, whadda expect?
That hornet's nets is on the move and has been for centuries. While I prefer to let them all kill themselves and stay out of their way, there are times when it is better to take a flame thrower to the nest before they can fly away.

Colorado

#164206 Jul 3, 2013
miner49er wrote:
Let's not leave out Russia invading Afghanistan or that Jimmy Carter started the funding of the Mujahadeen.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Tide with Beach 837,729
Black people really are dunb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 15 min Tony17 2
Best adult sites (Apr '12) 31 min asoneosborne 8
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 38 min Rosa_Winkel 612,163
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 42 min marge 589,733
Poll Why does bill clinton hold his mouth wide open? (Feb '08) 53 min set free in truth 14
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... 53 min Tony17 443
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 2 hr dollarsbill 4,223
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr RADEKT 271,297
More from around the web