Bush is a hero

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#164154 Jul 2, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
Does the mutilation of male genitalia through circumcision horrify you too?
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>Nope.
Seems a bit of a double standard...but thanks for admitting you hold it.

I've got to say - I didn't think you would.
So once again, I stand corrected.

“On a sailing ship to nowhere”

Since: Jun 07

Colorado

#164155 Jul 2, 2013
<quoted text>Thank you for your admission that you consider me beyond having a voice in the 'womb wars', while acknowledging the voices of those who do not possess wombs at all.
Thank you for your admission that you make distinctions according age, for whose death bothers you more.
Thank you for your admission that you would restrict the rights of women to make a decision of which you don't approve, because you consider it horrific - I think tattoos, artificial implants, scarification, plastic surgery, piercings, and filing ones teeth to points, are horrific, and would never opt to have any of the above - but I don't think they should be illegal.
And finally,'ersatz' is never a noun. "Not real, or genuine" is a description...not a 'person','place', or 'thing'.
You are quite welcome.
Tattoos, teeth filing, implants, plastic surgery neither are not the taking of a life. You are so irrational it hurts.

Ersatz http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/ersatz

Location hidden

#164156 Jul 2, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>

My daughter had an unplanned pregnancy. She was 28. She lived with us during her pregnancy and for two years after. She is now married and has another child. She knew that she could have opted for an abortion and she knew she would never have forgiven herself.
<quoted text>
9 months of a woman's life is nothing compared to the taking of an innocent child's.
Luckily for your daughter, you were willing to be there for her, take care of her, and support her throughout her pregnancy and beyond.

Not every woman faced with an unplanned or unwanted pregnancy has that luxury. But apparently you believe your feelings and disapproval are more important than their circumstances.

Very Christ-like attitude you have there.

And you're entitled to declare that nine months of YOUR life is nothing, compared to the taking of a child's - but you are not free to declare that about anyone else's life, and children are born.

Colorado

#164157 Jul 2, 2013
Does the mutilation of male genitalia through circumcision horrify you too?
<quoted text>
Seems a bit of a double standard...but thanks for admitting you hold it.
I've got to say - I didn't think you would.
So once again, I stand corrected.
When circumcision of a male equals removal of his penis then I will equate it to female circumcision. No double standard.

Colorado

#164158 Jul 2, 2013
<quoted text>Luckily for your daughter, you were willing to be there for her, take care of her, and support her throughout her pregnancy and beyond.
Not every woman faced with an unplanned or unwanted pregnancy has that luxury. But apparently you believe your feelings and disapproval are more important than their circumstances.
Very Christ-like attitude you have there.
And you're entitled to declare that nine months of YOUR life is nothing, compared to the taking of a child's - but you are not free to declare that about anyone else's life, and children are born.
I know lots of families who take in unwed mothers. I know lots of adoptive parents. I know lots of kids who are adopted. They were just renters. They have no further claims on the wombs of the mothers who gave them up for adoption. They just rented for 9 months and moved on. Now, if she had decided to kill them...that's a tad bit more permanent.

Location hidden

#164159 Jul 2, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
Equating 9 months in the womb with ownership is the stupidest thing I have ever heard and furthers my view that you have been educated beyond your ability to reason. At best the baby is a renter not a slave master.
Not gonna lie though, there are times my children think they own me.
I reason quite well, thank you. It is you who operates on emotional principles, eschewing reason, on this subject. And renters give some consideration in exchange for their space. Fetuses only take. It's not until they're born that they contribute anything to a woman's well being, and even that is still a matter of the woman's individual perceptions.

And I won't lie either - I cherish my born children more than my own life, as I'm sure you do, and as the vast majority of women also do. I just don't believe we should try to legislate anyone's maternal instincts or feelings.

Location hidden

#164160 Jul 2, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
You are quite welcome.
Tattoos, teeth filing, implants, plastic surgery neither are not the taking of a life. You are so irrational it hurts.
Wasn't trying to hurt you. Just being honest.

Webster's definition:

er·satz
adjective \&#712;er-&#716;säts,- &#716;zäts, er-&#712;; &#712;&#601;r-&#71 6;sats\

Definition of ERSATZ

: being a usually artificial and inferior substitute or imitation <ersatz turf> <ersatz intellectuals>

Examples of ERSATZ

an apartment complex designed as an ersatz Mediterranean villa
<like everything else the restaurant served, the whipped cream on the dessert was ersatz>

A noun is defined as the name of a person, place, or thing.
An adjective, on the other hand, is a descriptive term.

The word 'ersatz' is ALWAYS descriptive - never nominative.

Here endeth the English lesson.
UidiotRaceMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#164161 Jul 2, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
You are quite welcome.
interjecting this post u addreseed to Kat! Excuse me ! Again your brain is mussy ! At tattoo parlor or dentist office --- infected from un sterile unclean instruments used ---> HIV ... Angel of Death is waiting for you! So?

United States

#164162 Jul 2, 2013
carry on girls , don't let me stop you debate! WBAHAHAAaaaa

Colorado

#164163 Jul 2, 2013
<quoted text>I reason quite well, thank you. It is you who operates on emotional principles, eschewing reason, on this subject. And renters give some consideration in exchange for their space. Fetuses only take. It's not until they're born that they contribute anything to a woman's well being, and even that is still a matter of the woman's individual perceptions.
And I won't lie either - I cherish my born children more than my own life, as I'm sure you do, and as the vast majority of women also do. I just don't believe we should try to legislate anyone's maternal instincts or feelings.
You don't reason well when you conclude a baby is master over a woman's body. The only thing that baby is doing is relying on her body for life for 9 months. She can still go where she wants, work, play, love, what her body is doing for that child is without effort on her part. She just has to let it be for 9 months. That is not ownership.

Location hidden

#164164 Jul 2, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
When circumcision of a male equals removal of his penis then I will equate it to female circumcision. No double standard.
Female circumcision does not remove the vagina, nor the urethra. It removes the clitoris, in some instances, usually the outer labia, and not as frequently, the inner labia. None of which is necessary for procreation, or elimination. Last I checked, a man needs his penis for both.

Location hidden

#164165 Jul 2, 2013
UidiotRaceMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
carry on girls , don't let me stop you debate! WBAHAHAAaaaa
Why would we?

You're weird.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#164166 Jul 2, 2013
<quoted text>Female circumcision does not remove the vagina, nor the urethra. It removes the clitoris, in some instances, usually the outer labia, and not as frequently, the inner labia. None of which is necessary for procreation, or elimination. Last I checked, a man needs his penis for both.
Ouch.

Stop it.

United States

#164167 Jul 2, 2013
<quoted text>Why would we?
You're weird.
unique , i though you type will stand up for the handicap, weak, those without vioce, geeks, old ladies... from the big bullies like war mongering bad bob! So, where you stand
W BHAHAHAHAHAA

United States

#164168 Jul 2, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ouch.
Stop it.
Yea Too much visualization ---- hey she liberalized female! OPen!

Location hidden

#164169 Jul 2, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
I know lots of families who take in unwed mothers. I know lots of adoptive parents. I know lots of kids who are adopted. They were just renters. They have no further claims on the wombs of the mothers who gave them up for adoption. They just rented for 9 months and moved on. Now, if she had decided to kill them...that's a tad bit more permanent.
During the mother's pregnancy, what did they contribute to her in exchange for their 'room and board'?

They were not renters - they were non-paying occupants. If they were born humans living without return compensation, on the property of another, against that other's will, they would be viewed legally as trespassers.

Fetuses are absolutely not renters, and you know it.

I too know lots of families with adopted and foster children. I was a foster mother for years myself. One of them was a pregnant 14 year old, whose mother kicked her out of the house. She stayed at mine until she found an adoptive family for her baby, and then she moved in with them until she delivered.

None of that has anything to do with the subject of property usage rights.

All your arguments are appeals to emotion, and have nothing to do with reason or rational thinking.

Location hidden

#164170 Jul 2, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't reason well when you conclude a baby is master over a woman's body. The only thing that baby is doing is relying on her body for life for 9 months. She can still go where she wants, work, play, love, what her body is doing for that child is without effort on her part. She just has to let it be for 9 months. That is not ownership.
Again, there is nothing wrong with my reasoning skills - you just don't happen to agree with my conclusions.

That's ok, but don't pretend you 'reason' when you make these emotional appeals.

Location hidden

#164171 Jul 2, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ouch.
Stop it.
No.

The truth is often painful.
Deal with it.
lisw

Sardinia, OH

#164172 Jul 2, 2013
<quoted text>
During the mother's pregnancy, what did they contribute to her in exchange for their 'room and board'?
They were not renters - they were non-paying occupants. If they were born humans living without return compensation, on the property of another, against that other's will, they would be viewed legally as trespassers.
Fetuses are absolutely not renters, and you know it.
I too know lots of families with adopted and foster children. I was a foster mother for years myself. One of them was a pregnant 14 year old, whose mother kicked her out of the house. She stayed at mine until she found an adoptive family for her baby, and then she moved in with them until she delivered.
None of that has anything to do with the subject of property usage rights.
All your arguments are appeals to emotion, and have nothing to do with reason or rational thinking.
Most healthy people use both sides of their brain. You're quite unusual. Your welcome in advance.
lisw

Sardinia, OH

#164173 Jul 2, 2013
I mean You're. Wink wink.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min It aint necessari... 882,210
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min June VanDerMark 603,894
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 10 min Qu_innocence 613,096
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 11 min Passing thru 8,482
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 14 min Charlie Sheen 272,923
How to get Free Steam games, Steam Wallet codes... (Dec '13) 34 min anthonykh23 115
You want REAL PROOF that God is REAL??! 1 hr Doctor REALITY 11
The Christian Atheist debate 2 hr HipGnosis 4,239
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 2 hr jack 606
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 3 hr sangili karuppan 7,719
More from around the web