“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#164101 Jul 2, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't think I should be involved, would you please sign this for me?
http://gp.godfatherpolitics.com/ga/webviews/2...
Thanks, in advance.
Take it up with Pern - she's the one who implied those with obsolete baby boxes shouldn't have a voice on this issue. I just inferred from that, that she then considers those without baby boxes should be mute as well.
miner49er

Rupert, WV

#164102 Jul 2, 2013
Hey Pernrider, I'm glad to see you reference the Dragonriders of Pern, a classic series by Anne McCaffrey.

I find it strange that you memorialize her creation while you rail against her style of liberalism and idealism.

Anne was friends with Bobby Kennedy while she attended Radcliffe, citing him as a positive influence.

You might comsider reading her bilgraphy:

"Anne McCaffrey: A Life with Dragons
By Robin Roberts"

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#164103 Jul 2, 2013
miner49er wrote:
Hey Pernrider, I'm glad to see you reference the Dragonriders of Pern, a classic series by Anne McCaffrey.
I find it strange that you memorialize her creation while you rail against her style of liberalism and idealism.
Anne was friends with Bobby Kennedy while she attended Radcliffe, citing him as a positive influence.
By Robin Roberts"
I think that as you read Pernriders comments you will find that she is not nearly as petty as you..........

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#164104 Jul 2, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
TERRIFIC post, Freebird, and I agree with most of it. But I have to say, sadly, in recent years I have noticed an increasing lack of the common courtesy the South used to be known for. Not for racial reasons, just part of the increasing lack of ordinary decent behavior nationwide :(
Or the abundance of transplants bringing their lack of manners with them.When I was growing up in NY we were taught to be courteous to everyone.At some point in time that value losts its importance.

“On a sailing ship to nowhere”

Since: Jun 07

Colorado

#164105 Jul 2, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Deny your exact words:
"You believe you have the moral authority to determine a person's worth by their age and inconvenience factor.
You have determined that a baby is an inconvenient blob and deserves to be hacked to bits."
Want the post number?
This has nothing to do with YOUR abortion. I never aimed any abortion comments to your PERSONAL abortion. EVER. I was responding to your words defending the killing of other people's babies.

What happened to you was not your fault and anyone would have had to choose the same. I would never call your baby a blob. I would never consider a baby to be a blob. This comment was in response to your defense of abortion especially after 20 weeks.

Colorado

#164106 Jul 2, 2013
My exact post: "I really haven't been beating my heels. I don't condone killing innocents. You believe you have the moral authority to determine a person's worth by their age and inconvenience factor. Some people feel they can determine a person's value by how they adhere to the tenets of the Prophet. They feel justified in removing an Infidel's head from his shoulders. You are no different. You have determined that a baby is an inconvenient blob and deserves to be hacked to bits. But hey, no worries. It's all legal. You deserve each other."

If I was talking about YOUR ABORTION I would have said "You determined your baby was an inconvenient blob..." I did not do that nor would I.

Colorado

#164107 Jul 2, 2013
<quoted text>I notice you elected not to answer the question about whether or not you consider men without standing in the fight against abortion - remember them? The ones whose 'baby boxes' don't exist?
Still haven't found your response to my question about IVF, and your stance on the deliberate and premeditated destruction of human embryos inherent in that process.
But of course, your freedom to withhold your opinions on these matters, continues unabated.
When you answer the questions I asked you and you ignored maybe I'll go back and answer these but I don't answer to spoiled brats who think everything is all about them all the time.

And the baby box reference came from that cultural icon Stuart on MadTV.
at about 2:05
Roberta G

United States

#164108 Jul 2, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
CNN's lapdog for Obama, Nic Robertson (this was fun-eeee) was in Egypt among the protesters 2 days ago trying to get a bunch of revolutionaries to compliment Barry.
Robertson asked them, "What do you think of Obama? What is your message for Obama?" And every answer was, "Obama, he wasn't with us. Obama, he's been all over the ballpark. Obama, we have no message for Obama." One protester said, "the Americans are just waiting to see which side wins and then they will claim to have backed them all along."
After hearing all that, Robertson turned to the camera and said, "I can assure you clearly heard the protesters are very supportive of having Obama on their side."
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Haaaaaaa
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Good grief :s Hula Hoop champions don't spin that well :p

Colorado

#164109 Jul 2, 2013
miner49er wrote:
By Robin Roberts"
Her books were fun. What she believed in her personal life doesn't interest me.

Colorado

#164110 Jul 2, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that as you read Pernriders comments you will find that she is not nearly as petty as you..........
Thank you for that!

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#164111 Jul 2, 2013
one man is responsible for very little

“Take It To The Limit”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#164112 Jul 2, 2013
Henry man98 wrote:
one man is responsible for very little
That's a hard sell when you're talking politics.
When the 'one man' is president of the most powerful nation in the world, then that premise is almost impossible to sell, or give away.
Of course, barry's trying his damndest to make us a third world nation, and is doing pretty good so far, but the fact remains. to date, anyway.
miner49er

Rupert, WV

#164113 Jul 2, 2013
Oh, OK, Pernrider...

It's like the conservatives who idolize Ayn Rand and her "the poor are poor because they're lazy" economic theories regardless of the fact she turned to Social Security and Medicare in her elder years.

Not petty, I'm just looking for intellectual consistency.

Location hidden

#164114 Jul 2, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
When you answer the questions I asked you and you ignored maybe I'll go back and answer these but I don't answer to spoiled brats who think everything is all about them all the time.
And the baby box reference came from that cultural icon Stuart on MadTV.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =thUWa3ffusoXX at about 2:05
Your questions so far:

Q: "What about beating wives and children being a legal action in Muslim countries? Is that okay?"

A: Not as far as I'm concerned.

Q: "And if you do allow the state to determine that which is legal from that which is right? What happens when they determine it's okay to terminate first generation immigrants because they are a burden to the state?

Is it legal? Is it right?"

A: No. It's not legal to terminate first generation immigrants. No. That would be murder. Killing people is wrong, unless they have committed a crime, or threaten someone lethally.

Q: "Does something being legal make it right?"

A: Completely subjective criteria - what I see as 'right' in a given situation may differ from what you see as 'right'. I don't have the authority (or the desire) to judge whether abortion is 'right' for anyone other than myself.

I'll check again, but I believe I already answered all your other questions.

Your turn.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#164115 Jul 2, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for that!
How have you been?

Hoping to get out to Estes Park this late summer. Its been far to long since i've seen those mountains..........

Location hidden

#164116 Jul 2, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
My exact post: "I really haven't been beating my heels. I don't condone killing innocents. You believe you have the moral authority to determine a person's worth by their age and inconvenience factor. Some people feel they can determine a person's value by how they adhere to the tenets of the Prophet. They feel justified in removing an Infidel's head from his shoulders. You are no different. You have determined that a baby is an inconvenient blob and deserves to be hacked to bits. But hey, no worries. It's all legal. You deserve each other."
If I was talking about YOUR ABORTION I would have said "You determined your baby was an inconvenient blob..." I did not do that nor would I.
So the pronoun 'you' in both those assertions referred to my making that determination for someone else?

I haven't determined that anyone else's baby is an 'inconvenient blob', nor have I ever said anyone's baby deserved to be hacked to bits. My embryo would not have survived to become a baby in any case.

I've had one abortion, five miscarriages, and two babies.

Feel free to consider my perceptions on this score to be callous, unfeeling, or obscene - whatever butters your corn.

I consider myself realistic.

Colorado

#164117 Jul 2, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
How have you been?
Hoping to get out to Estes Park this late summer. Its been far to long since i've seen those mountains..........
I have been good. Enjoying cooler temps for a few days. Estes is beautiful this time of year. The hubs and I need to fire up our bikes and enjoy a tour round those parts here soon. We were holding our breath with the fire danger so high and the big fire so near. Things seem to be calmer now and our skies are crystal blue again. A worthy destination!

Colorado

#164118 Jul 2, 2013
miner49er wrote:
Oh, OK, Pernrider...
It's like the conservatives who idolize Ayn Rand and her "the poor are poor because they're lazy" economic theories regardless of the fact she turned to Social Security and Medicare in her elder years.
Not petty, I'm just looking for intellectual consistency.
Did I mention Ayn Rand?

Colorado

#164119 Jul 2, 2013
<quoted text>So the pronoun 'you' in both those assertions referred to my making that determination for someone else?
I haven't determined that anyone else's baby is an 'inconvenient blob', nor have I ever said anyone's baby deserved to be hacked to bits. My embryo would not have survived to become a baby in any case.
I've had one abortion, five miscarriages, and two babies.
Feel free to consider my perceptions on this score to be callous, unfeeling, or obscene - whatever butters your corn.
I consider myself realistic.

Exactly. The article "a" in front of baby should be sufficient to show I did not mean your baby.
You are correct. Your baby would not have survived and might also have died. Your necessary abortion is not in consideration nor are the 1% of medically necessary procedures.
This argument specifically was targeted to abortions after 20 weeks according to what happened wirh the fillibuster in the Texas Legislature. Your hero had argued for unfettered abortion into late term irregardless of the mother's reason.

Location hidden

#164120 Jul 2, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
Did I mention Ayn Rand?
He never said you did - only that your views were apparently similar.

It's not all about 'you' you know...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Darwins Stepchild 828,750
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 4 min Jac 98,996
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min Regina 584,667
Muslim Women (Dec '09) 7 min kaka 393
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 8 min RiccardoFire 3,691
News Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 31 min An NFL Fan 121,678
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 38 min Freebird USA 9,351
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr lil whispers 611,857
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 6 hr sangili karuppan 6,311
More from around the web