Bush is a hero

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#164159 Jul 2, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
Equating 9 months in the womb with ownership is the stupidest thing I have ever heard and furthers my view that you have been educated beyond your ability to reason. At best the baby is a renter not a slave master.
Not gonna lie though, there are times my children think they own me.
I reason quite well, thank you. It is you who operates on emotional principles, eschewing reason, on this subject. And renters give some consideration in exchange for their space. Fetuses only take. It's not until they're born that they contribute anything to a woman's well being, and even that is still a matter of the woman's individual perceptions.

And I won't lie either - I cherish my born children more than my own life, as I'm sure you do, and as the vast majority of women also do. I just don't believe we should try to legislate anyone's maternal instincts or feelings.

Location hidden

#164160 Jul 2, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
You are quite welcome.
Tattoos, teeth filing, implants, plastic surgery neither are not the taking of a life. You are so irrational it hurts.
Ersatz http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/ersatz
Wasn't trying to hurt you. Just being honest.

Webster's definition:

er·satz
adjective \&#712;er-&#716;säts,- &#716;zäts, er-&#712;; &#712;&#601;r-&#71 6;sats\

Definition of ERSATZ

: being a usually artificial and inferior substitute or imitation <ersatz turf> <ersatz intellectuals>

Examples of ERSATZ

an apartment complex designed as an ersatz Mediterranean villa
<like everything else the restaurant served, the whipped cream on the dessert was ersatz>

A noun is defined as the name of a person, place, or thing.
An adjective, on the other hand, is a descriptive term.

The word 'ersatz' is ALWAYS descriptive - never nominative.

Here endeth the English lesson.
UidiotRaceMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#164161 Jul 2, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
You are quite welcome.
Tattoos, teeth filing, implants, plastic surgery neither are not the taking of a life. You are so irrational it hurts.
Ersatz http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/ersatz
interjecting this post u addreseed to Kat! Excuse me ! Again your brain is mussy ! At tattoo parlor or dentist office --- infected from un sterile unclean instruments used ---> HIV ... Angel of Death is waiting for you! So?

United States

#164162 Jul 2, 2013
carry on girls , don't let me stop you debate! WBAHAHAAaaaa

“On a sailing ship to nowhere”

Since: Jun 07

Colorado

#164163 Jul 2, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>I reason quite well, thank you. It is you who operates on emotional principles, eschewing reason, on this subject. And renters give some consideration in exchange for their space. Fetuses only take. It's not until they're born that they contribute anything to a woman's well being, and even that is still a matter of the woman's individual perceptions.
And I won't lie either - I cherish my born children more than my own life, as I'm sure you do, and as the vast majority of women also do. I just don't believe we should try to legislate anyone's maternal instincts or feelings.
You don't reason well when you conclude a baby is master over a woman's body. The only thing that baby is doing is relying on her body for life for 9 months. She can still go where she wants, work, play, love, what her body is doing for that child is without effort on her part. She just has to let it be for 9 months. That is not ownership.

Location hidden

#164164 Jul 2, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
When circumcision of a male equals removal of his penis then I will equate it to female circumcision. No double standard.
Female circumcision does not remove the vagina, nor the urethra. It removes the clitoris, in some instances, usually the outer labia, and not as frequently, the inner labia. None of which is necessary for procreation, or elimination. Last I checked, a man needs his penis for both.

Location hidden

#164165 Jul 2, 2013
UidiotRaceMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
carry on girls , don't let me stop you debate! WBAHAHAAaaaa
Why would we?

You're weird.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#164166 Jul 2, 2013
<quoted text>Female circumcision does not remove the vagina, nor the urethra. It removes the clitoris, in some instances, usually the outer labia, and not as frequently, the inner labia. None of which is necessary for procreation, or elimination. Last I checked, a man needs his penis for both.
Ouch.

Stop it.

United States

#164167 Jul 2, 2013
<quoted text>Why would we?
You're weird.
unique , i though you type will stand up for the handicap, weak, those without vioce, geeks, old ladies... from the big bullies like war mongering bad bob! So, where you stand
W BHAHAHAHAHAA

United States

#164168 Jul 2, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ouch.
Stop it.
Yea Too much visualization ---- hey she liberalized female! OPen!

Location hidden

#164169 Jul 2, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
I know lots of families who take in unwed mothers. I know lots of adoptive parents. I know lots of kids who are adopted. They were just renters. They have no further claims on the wombs of the mothers who gave them up for adoption. They just rented for 9 months and moved on. Now, if she had decided to kill them...that's a tad bit more permanent.
During the mother's pregnancy, what did they contribute to her in exchange for their 'room and board'?

They were not renters - they were non-paying occupants. If they were born humans living without return compensation, on the property of another, against that other's will, they would be viewed legally as trespassers.

Fetuses are absolutely not renters, and you know it.

I too know lots of families with adopted and foster children. I was a foster mother for years myself. One of them was a pregnant 14 year old, whose mother kicked her out of the house. She stayed at mine until she found an adoptive family for her baby, and then she moved in with them until she delivered.

None of that has anything to do with the subject of property usage rights.

All your arguments are appeals to emotion, and have nothing to do with reason or rational thinking.

Location hidden

#164170 Jul 2, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't reason well when you conclude a baby is master over a woman's body. The only thing that baby is doing is relying on her body for life for 9 months. She can still go where she wants, work, play, love, what her body is doing for that child is without effort on her part. She just has to let it be for 9 months. That is not ownership.
Again, there is nothing wrong with my reasoning skills - you just don't happen to agree with my conclusions.

That's ok, but don't pretend you 'reason' when you make these emotional appeals.

Location hidden

#164171 Jul 2, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ouch.
Stop it.
No.

The truth is often painful.
Deal with it.
lisw

Hamersville, OH

#164172 Jul 2, 2013
<quoted text>
During the mother's pregnancy, what did they contribute to her in exchange for their 'room and board'?
They were not renters - they were non-paying occupants. If they were born humans living without return compensation, on the property of another, against that other's will, they would be viewed legally as trespassers.
Fetuses are absolutely not renters, and you know it.
I too know lots of families with adopted and foster children. I was a foster mother for years myself. One of them was a pregnant 14 year old, whose mother kicked her out of the house. She stayed at mine until she found an adoptive family for her baby, and then she moved in with them until she delivered.
None of that has anything to do with the subject of property usage rights.
All your arguments are appeals to emotion, and have nothing to do with reason or rational thinking.
Most healthy people use both sides of their brain. You're quite unusual. Your welcome in advance.
lisw

Hamersville, OH

#164173 Jul 2, 2013
I mean You're. Wink wink.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#164174 Jul 2, 2013
UidiotRaceMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>Yea Too much visualization ---- hey she liberalized female! OPen!
Yeah, but they should realize we guys are very sensitive.

Location hidden

#164175 Jul 2, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
It has to do with your posts to Pern specifically. She wasnt being disrespectful and is NOT a disrespectful poster yet you, as you always do go on the offensive.
I disagree with Willie and hip and get along with them. Willie constantly takes shots at me.
I think you get what you give here. IMO. You could get along with others here if you tried. Lis has offered to start over on more then one occasion. the other thing is why not come clean about who you are Shovelhead..........
As always, you are entitled to your opinion.

As I am entitled to disagree with it.

Location hidden

#164176 Jul 2, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Most healthy people use both sides of their brain. You're quite unusual. Your welcome in advance.
Good evening.

The logical, rational part of my brain tells me women are people, and fetuses are potential people. The creative, emotional part helps me figure out how to protest laws with which I disagree.

You're a rare bird yourself, lis.
De nada.

Location hidden

#164177 Jul 2, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, but they should realize we guys are very sensitive.
You're big boys, now, with full use of the scroll button. We ain't your mommies. It's not our job to kiss your boo-boos, or helmet your heads.

:)
lisw

Hamersville, OH

#164178 Jul 2, 2013
<quoted text>Good evening.
The logical, rational part of my brain tells me women are people, and fetuses are potential people. The creative, emotional part helps me figure out how to protest laws with which I disagree.
You're a rare bird yourself, lis.
De nada.
I think you're confused about the left and the right. That explains alot, mainly why you are so hard to like.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Tellthetruth 994,073
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 5 min Drumpf Disaster 59,978
News Data on Investors Obtained by Fraud (Jul '06) 55 min Picky 3
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr dogs of war 695,641
Where can I find good Colombian coffee in Boston? 4 hr Orion Spirit 2
Depressed girlfriend. Don’t know what to do 5 hr MOGADORE 3
I accidentially swigged...some PEE!! 6 hr True 3
wierd situation with my mom. (Jul '14) Feb 19 Pimpy 23
More from around the web