Bush is a hero

“On a sailing ship to nowhere”

Since: Jun 07

Colorado

#164107 Jul 2, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>I notice you elected not to answer the question about whether or not you consider men without standing in the fight against abortion - remember them? The ones whose 'baby boxes' don't exist?
Still haven't found your response to my question about IVF, and your stance on the deliberate and premeditated destruction of human embryos inherent in that process.
But of course, your freedom to withhold your opinions on these matters, continues unabated.
When you answer the questions I asked you and you ignored maybe I'll go back and answer these but I don't answer to spoiled brats who think everything is all about them all the time.

And the baby box reference came from that cultural icon Stuart on MadTV.
at about 2:05
Roberta G

Chicago, IL

#164108 Jul 2, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
CNN's lapdog for Obama, Nic Robertson (this was fun-eeee) was in Egypt among the protesters 2 days ago trying to get a bunch of revolutionaries to compliment Barry.
Robertson asked them, "What do you think of Obama? What is your message for Obama?" And every answer was, "Obama, he wasn't with us. Obama, he's been all over the ballpark. Obama, we have no message for Obama." One protester said, "the Americans are just waiting to see which side wins and then they will claim to have backed them all along."
After hearing all that, Robertson turned to the camera and said, "I can assure you clearly heard the protesters are very supportive of having Obama on their side."
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Haaaaaaa
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Good grief :s Hula Hoop champions don't spin that well :p

Colorado

#164109 Jul 2, 2013
miner49er wrote:
Hey Pernrider, I'm glad to see you reference the Dragonriders of Pern, a classic series by Anne McCaffrey.
I find it strange that you memorialize her creation while you rail against her style of liberalism and idealism.
Anne was friends with Bobby Kennedy while she attended Radcliffe, citing him as a positive influence.
You might comsider reading her bilgraphy:
"Anne McCaffrey: A Life with Dragons
By Robin Roberts"
Her books were fun. What she believed in her personal life doesn't interest me.

Colorado

#164110 Jul 2, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that as you read Pernriders comments you will find that she is not nearly as petty as you..........
Thank you for that!

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#164111 Jul 2, 2013
one man is responsible for very little

“Take It To The Limit”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#164112 Jul 2, 2013
Henry man98 wrote:
one man is responsible for very little
That's a hard sell when you're talking politics.
When the 'one man' is president of the most powerful nation in the world, then that premise is almost impossible to sell, or give away.
Of course, barry's trying his damndest to make us a third world nation, and is doing pretty good so far, but the fact remains. to date, anyway.
miner49er

Rupert, WV

#164113 Jul 2, 2013
Oh, OK, Pernrider...

It's like the conservatives who idolize Ayn Rand and her "the poor are poor because they're lazy" economic theories regardless of the fact she turned to Social Security and Medicare in her elder years.

Not petty, I'm just looking for intellectual consistency.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#164114 Jul 2, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
When you answer the questions I asked you and you ignored maybe I'll go back and answer these but I don't answer to spoiled brats who think everything is all about them all the time.
And the baby box reference came from that cultural icon Stuart on MadTV.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =thUWa3ffusoXX at about 2:05
Your questions so far:

Q: "What about beating wives and children being a legal action in Muslim countries? Is that okay?"

A: Not as far as I'm concerned.

Q: "And if you do allow the state to determine that which is legal from that which is right? What happens when they determine it's okay to terminate first generation immigrants because they are a burden to the state?

Is it legal? Is it right?"

A: No. It's not legal to terminate first generation immigrants. No. That would be murder. Killing people is wrong, unless they have committed a crime, or threaten someone lethally.

Q: "Does something being legal make it right?"

A: Completely subjective criteria - what I see as 'right' in a given situation may differ from what you see as 'right'. I don't have the authority (or the desire) to judge whether abortion is 'right' for anyone other than myself.

I'll check again, but I believe I already answered all your other questions.

Your turn.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#164115 Jul 2, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for that!
How have you been?

Hoping to get out to Estes Park this late summer. Its been far to long since i've seen those mountains..........

Location hidden

#164116 Jul 2, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
My exact post: "I really haven't been beating my heels. I don't condone killing innocents. You believe you have the moral authority to determine a person's worth by their age and inconvenience factor. Some people feel they can determine a person's value by how they adhere to the tenets of the Prophet. They feel justified in removing an Infidel's head from his shoulders. You are no different. You have determined that a baby is an inconvenient blob and deserves to be hacked to bits. But hey, no worries. It's all legal. You deserve each other."
If I was talking about YOUR ABORTION I would have said "You determined your baby was an inconvenient blob..." I did not do that nor would I.
So the pronoun 'you' in both those assertions referred to my making that determination for someone else?

I haven't determined that anyone else's baby is an 'inconvenient blob', nor have I ever said anyone's baby deserved to be hacked to bits. My embryo would not have survived to become a baby in any case.

I've had one abortion, five miscarriages, and two babies.

Feel free to consider my perceptions on this score to be callous, unfeeling, or obscene - whatever butters your corn.

I consider myself realistic.

Colorado

#164117 Jul 2, 2013
<quoted text>
How have you been?
Hoping to get out to Estes Park this late summer. Its been far to long since i've seen those mountains..........
I have been good. Enjoying cooler temps for a few days. Estes is beautiful this time of year. The hubs and I need to fire up our bikes and enjoy a tour round those parts here soon. We were holding our breath with the fire danger so high and the big fire so near. Things seem to be calmer now and our skies are crystal blue again. A worthy destination!

Colorado

#164118 Jul 2, 2013
miner49er wrote:
Oh, OK, Pernrider...
It's like the conservatives who idolize Ayn Rand and her "the poor are poor because they're lazy" economic theories regardless of the fact she turned to Social Security and Medicare in her elder years.
Did I mention Ayn Rand?

Colorado

#164119 Jul 2, 2013
<quoted text>So the pronoun 'you' in both those assertions referred to my making that determination for someone else?
I haven't determined that anyone else's baby is an 'inconvenient blob', nor have I ever said anyone's baby deserved to be hacked to bits. My embryo would not have survived to become a baby in any case.
I've had one abortion, five miscarriages, and two babies.
Feel free to consider my perceptions on this score to be callous, unfeeling, or obscene - whatever butters your corn.
I consider myself realistic.

Exactly. The article "a" in front of baby should be sufficient to show I did not mean your baby.
You are correct. Your baby would not have survived and might also have died. Your necessary abortion is not in consideration nor are the 1% of medically necessary procedures.
This argument specifically was targeted to abortions after 20 weeks according to what happened wirh the fillibuster in the Texas Legislature. Your hero had argued for unfettered abortion into late term irregardless of the mother's reason.

Location hidden

#164120 Jul 2, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
Did I mention Ayn Rand?
He never said you did - only that your views were apparently similar.

It's not all about 'you' you know...

Colorado

#164121 Jul 2, 2013
<quoted text>He never said you did - only that your views were apparently similar.
It's not all about 'you' you know...
You could nag paint off the walls.

#164122 Jul 2, 2013
miner49er wrote:
Oh, OK, Pernrider...
I'm the one who called you petty and I stand by it. Someone cant read someone elses fictional books and enjoy them because of their political stance? Yer an idjut 49'er.

#164123 Jul 2, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
I have been good. Enjoying cooler temps for a few days. Estes is beautiful this time of year. The hubs and I need to fire up our bikes and enjoy a tour round those parts here soon. We were holding our breath with the fire danger so high and the big fire so near. Things seem to be calmer now and our skies are crystal blue again. A worthy destination!
Wow I had no idea that it could reach that far. What a tragic fire.

It must be dry there eh? We've had nothing but rain all spring, The farmers didnt even get all their fields planted and most that did get planted are beans. Look for food prices to rise yet again..........

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater, FL

#164124 Jul 2, 2013
<quoted text>
I'm the one who called you petty and I stand by it. Someone cant read someone elses fictional books and enjoy them because of their political stance? Yer an idjut 49'er.
I'm a fan of Robin Williams. Few can make me laugh like he can. Some time back I caught him on C-Span sharing his political pov. Could not disagree more with him. Still a fan. He has a gift to make people laugh, we can agree to disagree life is too short not to imo.

Location hidden

#164125 Jul 2, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe the bill requires that any abortion facilities shut down. It requires them to upgrade to the same standards that we require of other surgerical centers. If those clinics opt not to bring up their safety standards to what is required of other surgical centers, they've chosen to shut themselves down.
Texas doesn't want our women subjected to any "Gosnell clinics".
I have two things to say to this:

1) Since our last few conversations, I've read the text of this bill, and other than the items mentioned below, I find little else with which to disagree.

And 2) I stand corrected about my other reservations and assertions about this bill, such as that stillbirth, profound compromise of the fetus, and permanent damage to physical health of the mother are not covered adequately: They are.

Having said all that, I would have the following problems with this bill being law in Oklahoma...

Most, if not all, abortion clinics are funded by private donations, and many do not have the wherewithal to 'upgrade' to all the standards required of 'surgicenters' which must be equipped to offer several different procedures.

The bill would require any physician performing an abortion to have full privileges at local hospitals (which are given at the discretion of the hospital, and can't be mandated). Individual surgeons, with their own surgical practices, but without hospital privileges, would no longer be able to perform the procedure.

The bill would also require medical abortions (involving medication rather than surgery) to be administered and monitored by a physician AT such a surgicenter, the cost of which would be beyond the financial means, and thus could restrict access to a legal abortion, for around 32% of women in Texas.

The bill makes specific exclusion of prospective damage to a woman's psychological health, from the list of circumstances which constitute the ability to have an legal abortion - regardless of the stage of gestation.

#164126 Jul 2, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a fan of Robin Williams. Few can make me laugh like he can. Some time back I caught him on C-Span sharing his political pov. Could not disagree more with him. Still a fan. He has a gift to make people laugh, we can agree to disagree life is too short not to imo.
I never would have put you in a category like that. Its becoming painfully obvious to me that its predominately liberals that think in those types of terms. Talk about closed minded..........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min Buck Crick 29,531
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 min Patrick Daniels 637,844
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 17 min mature slut 4 fun 104,197
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 1 hr Ann Bonney 53,711
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Student 43,882
Play "end of the word" part 2 1 hr Athena18 1,454
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr pusherman 968,847
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr Adam 617,944
More from around the web