Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#163997 Jul 1, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure you are.
You're a newbie.
You are a recent import.
Your roots here are still trailing above ground. Plus, all the hard work to form this nation from sea to shining sea was already done by the time you rolled into town, glided down our streets paved of gold looking for a piece of the pie. Hopefully you've already taken your slice because the government which has now taken over a 6th of the economy with Obamacare plans on taking more.
More pie for them.
Less pie for you.
WELCOME TO AMERICA.
Did you know that in England, they have (had?) a program up and running where they had cameras in homes, monitored by the government?
In Alaska, they have a scheduled housing complex to be built, and most of the units are for low income people. The kicker is, nobody accepted in said housing can smoke.
On The Yakama Reservation, mexican illegals have taken over the housing projects there. Over a hundred apartments are being 'squatted' by them. The local tribal members aren't safe on their own rez. They tried calling in The National Guard, but they were all overseas, protecting foreign borders.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#163998 Jul 1, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure you are.
You're a newbie.
You are a recent import.
Your roots here are still trailing above ground. Plus, all the hard work to form this nation from sea to shining sea was already done by the time you rolled into town, glided down our streets paved of gold looking for a piece of the pie. Hopefully you've already taken your slice because the government which has now taken over a 6th of the economy with Obamacare plans on taking more.
More pie for them.
Less pie for you.
WELCOME TO AMERICA.
Well let me tell you about my rolling in and gliding down and looking for pie.

I have worked hard and it has paid off handsomely, so I'm not in need of more pie--I have far more than I can use, thank you very much. Good causes now benefit from my financial success.

Ain't that a pip?
Roberta G

United States

#163999 Jul 1, 2013
miner49er wrote:
"I would think at the moment of trauma a rape kit is something that adds insult to injury."
Great comment, rapists everywhere thank you for your support.
"Don't worry, Texas women will be just fine, and safer. "
Translation: "Don't you women worry yore purty lil' hrads, us big strong menfolk will tell you want's best for you."
"She is guilty as an accessory to murder. No matter how you or this world judges her she will stand before her Maker one day and there will be no excuses."
Your "Maker" has NO PLACE in our Laws and we, the American Peole will kindly ask you to keep your religion out of our government.
Thank You
Hey, DUM-DUM--That's OUR Government TOO. And in case you've forgotten, PLENTY of Americans WANT our Lord and Maker to have His divine nose in our government.

“On a sailing ship to nowhere”

Since: Jun 07

Colorado

#164000 Jul 1, 2013
miner49er wrote:
"I would think at the moment of trauma a rape kit is something that adds insult to injury."
Great comment, rapists everywhere thank you for your support.
"Don't worry, Texas women will be just fine, and safer. "
Translation: "Don't you women worry yore purty lil' hrads, us big strong menfolk will tell you want's best for you."
"She is guilty as an accessory to murder. No matter how you or this world judges her she will stand before her Maker one day and there will be no excuses."
Your "Maker" has NO PLACE in our Laws and we, the American Peole will kindly ask you to keep your religion out of our government.
Thank You
Hey Bozo,
Ever had a gyno exam? Try having something worse than and more invasive and that after being raped. You are an idiot if you don't think this is true.
You, being said "man folk" have no clue
abortion is murder. What else do you call it when you take someone else's life?
Her meeting her Maker has nothing to do with you or your government and everything to do with HIS. You make sure you tell Him how He has no place in your afterlife when you get there. I am sure He'll understand.

Colorado

#164001 Jul 1, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>I assume you don't eat? Or bathe? Whole colonies of 'life' are executed every time you step into the shower with a bar of soap. Murderer.
May I also assume you consider your prostate, and what you choose to do with it, to be the purview of Congress?
Please. "Thou shalt not kill" is only important to you as it suits your purposes.
The correct translation is: shalt not murder.

Colorado

#164002 Jul 1, 2013
Great little set of developmental photos of babies in utero
http://www.sfuhl.org/pop16.asp
http://www.sfuhl.org/pop20.asp

Pain receptors are present throughout the unborn child’s entire body by no later than 16 weeks after fertilization, and nerves link these receptors to the brain’s thalamus and subcortical plate by no later than 20 weeks. For unborn children, says Dr. Paul Ranalli, a neurologist at the University of Toronto, 20 weeks is a “uniquely vulnerable time, since the pain system is fully established, yet the higher level pain-modifying system has barely begun to develop.” As a result, unborn babies at this age probably feel pain more intensely than adults.

Despite the fetus’s advanced development at 20 weeks, the following abortion procedures are the most commonly used:

Dilation and Evacuation (D&E): Sharp-edged instruments are used to grasp, twist, and tear the baby’s body into pieces. This continues until the child’s entire body is removed from the womb. U.S. Supreme Court Justice Kennedy describes the procedure saying,“The fetus, in many cases, dies just as a human adult or child would: It bleeds to death as it is torn limb from limb.”
Digoxin abortion: A drug called digoxin is injected directly into the baby’s heart, giving the fetus a fatal heart attack. The dead baby is then removed from his or her mother by dismemberment.

http://www.doctorsonfetalpain.com/

Colorado

#164003 Jul 1, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
With all due respect, I think unless or until both sides of the abortion issue agree to use the Bible as the official text on which to base and write our laws (which would make us a theocracy btw) perhaps the issue would be best debated without quoting from it.
And Jesus, from what little I know about him was not known as a politcal figure. Historically speaking, he didn't particularly weigh in on the day to day politics of the time so I personally find it curious when people take the liberty of making him their quarterback in the politics of today.
I don't think both sides have to agree on who Jesus is to realize that abortion is murder. There are Atheists who believe abortion is murder. Jesus was very political but not regarding the politics of today as we would recognize them. He went after the religious leaders of the Jews because that was the government of the His day.

The more science reveals the baby in the womb the more convinced people become that it is a human life and intentionally taking that innocent life is murder. Unless you believe that taking a human life is not murder and is perfectly okay. Then I guess we'd be at an impasse.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#164004 Jul 1, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
The correct translation is: shalt not murder.
Murder = Illegal killing. Abortion is (and shall remain) legal...therefore, it isn't murder.

Semantics are fun!!

Colorado

#164005 Jul 1, 2013
<quoted text>Murder = Illegal killing. Abortion is (and shall remain) legal...therefore, it isn't murder.
Semantics are fun!!
Was slavery okay with you when it was legal?

Colorado

#164006 Jul 1, 2013
<quoted text>Murder = Illegal killing. Abortion is (and shall remain) legal...therefore, it isn't murder.
Semantics are fun!!
What about beating wives and children being a legal action in Muslim countries? Is that okay?

How about cutting off the hands of thieves?

What about female genital mutilation? That's legal too.

It was legal in Germany for Hitler to murder Jews, Gypsies, the mentally challenged, those with physical handicaps.

Legal doesn't make something right.

Colorado

#164007 Jul 1, 2013
Semantics are fun!!
What you are saying is that you will allow the state to define who can be killed legally? Is that correct?

Location hidden

#164008 Jul 1, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
Was slavery okay with you when it was legal?
I wasn't born until roughly 100 years after it was declared illegal. But no, I also disagree with slavery, and am glad it's no longer allowed.

Your posts imply, however, that reproductive slavery is okay with you....as is relying on politicians to decide whether your (or your daughter's) toxic pregnancy can be legally ended before it kills her, or whether or not she brings a profoundly compromised child into the world.

Be careful what you wish for - it was the so-called 'pro-life' insistence that the government get involved in reproductive healthcare, which has landed the dreaded Obamacare at your feet.

Location hidden

#164009 Jul 1, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
What about beating wives and children being a legal action in Muslim countries? Is that okay?
How about cutting off the hands of thieves?
What about female genital mutilation? That's legal too.
It was legal in Germany for Hitler to murder Jews, Gypsies, the mentally challenged, those with physical handicaps.
Legal doesn't make something right.
We don't live in a "Muslim Country" anymore than we live in a "Christian" one.

Frankly, if we routinely cut the hands off of thieves, there would quite possibly be far fewer thieves.

Does the mutilation of male genitalia through circumcision horrify you too?

Your ersatz horror of Muslim-based Sharia law, in light of the fact that so many Christians in this country would have their OWN religious laws imposed on the rest of us, makes me want to play the smallest violin in the world for ya. I don't see a helluva lot of difference between the intent of Sharia, and the onslaught of anti-choice legislation promulgated by so-called Christians.

"So you're screaming bloody murder about the Taliban regime
Subjugating women....and being too extreme...
And basing legislation on some ancient holy Book...
Does that sound a bit familiar? Here's a mirror - have a look."

And what is your stance on the process of in-vitro fertilization, which DELIBERATELY creates human embryos, only to DELIBERATELY destroy the ones which aren't implanted in a woman? I'd call that premeditated, and if abortion is murder, so is IVF.

My guess is that you give THAT procedure a pass, because its intent is to further the goal of pregnancy, rather than thwart it - but those 'babies' are just as human as the ones in walking-around women.

Evidently, petri dishes just aren't as much fun to control as wombs.
lisw

Sardinia, OH

#164010 Jul 1, 2013
<quoted text>I wasn't born until roughly 100 years after it was declared illegal. But no, I also disagree with slavery, and am glad it's no longer allowed.
Your posts imply, however, that reproductive slavery is okay with you....as is relying on politicians to decide whether your (or your daughter's) toxic pregnancy can be legally ended before it kills her, or whether or not she brings a profoundly compromised child into the world.
Be careful what you wish for - it was the so-called 'pro-life' insistence that the government get involved in reproductive healthcare, which has landed the dreaded Obamacare at your feet.
Oh for pete sake, give it a rest. We've already established long ago that no one would have denied an abortion to someone with an ectopic pregnancy, since the fetus would not live no matter what. Any other threat to a mother's life would have been dealt with by delivering the baby early with hopes of saving it but knowing they might not. For some reason you want to beat this drum over and over. You don't need to feel bad if you decided to have an ectopic pregnancy removed, but you keep trying to prove yourself.

San Francisco, CA

#164011 Jul 1, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
What you are saying is that you will allow the state to define who can be killed legally? Is that correct?
Of course.

That's how it works: The law defines what is legal and what isn't.

Whether you like it or not.

Colorado

#164012 Jul 1, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course.
That's how it works: The law defines what is legal and what isn't.
Whether you like it or not.
I have not said anything about it being legal. Is it right? It is legal to murder babies in the womb. It was legal to own slaves. It is legal to mutilate a girl's genitals in Africa and to behead a homosexual in Arabia.

Colorado

#164013 Jul 1, 2013
<quoted text>We don't live in a "Muslim Country" anymore than we live in a "Christian" one.
Frankly, if we routinely cut the hands off of thieves, there would quite possibly be far fewer thieves.
Does the mutilation of male genitalia through circumcision horrify you too?
Your ersatz horror of Muslim-based Sharia law, in light of the fact that so many Christians in this country would have their OWN religious laws imposed on the rest of us, makes me want to play the smallest violin in the world for ya. I don't see a helluva lot of difference between the intent of Sharia, and the onslaught of anti-choice legislation promulgated by so-called Christians.
"So you're screaming bloody murder about the Taliban regime
Subjugating women....and being too extreme...
And basing legislation on some ancient holy Book...
Does that sound a bit familiar? Here's a mirror - have a look."
And what is your stance on the process of in-vitro fertilization, which DELIBERATELY creates human embryos, only to DELIBERATELY destroy the ones which aren't implanted in a woman? I'd call that premeditated, and if abortion is murder, so is IVF.
My guess is that you give THAT procedure a pass, because its intent is to further the goal of pregnancy, rather than thwart it - but those 'babies' are just as human as the ones in walking-around women.
Evidently, petri dishes just aren't as much fun to control as wombs.
I have come to the conclusion that you place far more reliance on your reasoning skills than you should.

You are off topic. Does something being legal make it right?

San Francisco, CA

#164014 Jul 1, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
I have not said anything about it being legal. Is it right? It is legal to murder babies in the womb. It was legal to own slaves. It is legal to mutilate a girl's genitals in Africa and to behead a homosexual in Arabia.
Yes, you did say something about it being legal. You said:

"What you are saying is that you will allow the state to define who can be killed legally?"

Colorado

#164015 Jul 1, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you did say something about it being legal. You said:
"What you are saying is that you will allow the state to define who can be killed legally?"
And if you do allow the state to determine that which is legal from that which is right? What happens when they determine it's okay to terminate first generation immigrants because they are a burden to the state?

Is it legal? Is it right?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#164016 Jul 1, 2013
Abortion is an unfortunate necessity.
No winners.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 min ChristineM 228,509
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 min AussieBobby 260,117
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 6 min Johnny 3,343
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min It aint necessari... 743,262
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 51 min KayMarie 544,818
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr KiMare 95,739
Hiring: Cebu Solutions Consultant 1 hr CebuHRD 1
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 hr Black Thunder 42 601,377

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE